PDA

View Full Version : Can she be the better Williams???

jomar
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:17 AM
Right now Venus has the better record but there's no denying what Serena has achieved recently; she has beaten the top 3 players. IMO she'll surpass Venus.:angel:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020330/mdf5629.jpg

RYNJ
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:22 AM
I don;t know, im kind of confused right now. After looking at Serena's form these past wekk I was in total shock. She has looked really really great. Venus on the other hand was not, but thats typical Venus. We'll see in the coming months who will.

All I have to say, when Serena plays, Set Point or match point down serving a second serve, I feel more relaxed. Unlike Venus, when she misses the first serve I get nervous!!!

Hopefully, both will be good in there own rights!!

Experimentee
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:31 AM
I've always liked Serena better than Venus, but lets ont write Venus off for one bad tournament. She'll be back, but hopefully now Serenas mental block against her sister will be over, and she'll be more competitive and win more slams.

jomar
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:31 AM
absolutely, Serena has a better serve than Venus. I admired Venus' quickness on the court though.:angel:

irma
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:32 AM
I think she can, what she needs is staying injuryfree and mentally strong and playing a decent number of tournaments then I have no doubt she will be in the top 2 soon!

jomar
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:41 AM
of course it is still a long way to go for Serena but her results this month has given her much hope and confidence.:kiss:

Jakeev
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:56 AM
Well into Serena plays a full season and beats Venus more regularly we will never know.

I remember many always though Serena was the better player. She does at least seem the stronger even though I think Venus is mentally tougher.

But I never have seen Venus so dominated in a match the way she was by Serena.

Off day or not, Serena slammed Venus from begininng to end. I think even Venus was shocked by the outcome.

jomar
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:37 AM
I agree Jakeev. Really Serena outplayed Venus in that match. I've always thought that Venus has the edge against any of the power players because of her quickness.:)