View Full Version : CONGRATULATIONS to SERENA WILLIAMS and SERENA FANS

jacs
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:21 AM
CONGRATULATIONS
TO THE
NASDAQ-100 OPEN
CHAMPION

SERENA WILLIAMS!

"I wanted to win this tournament," said Serena Williams, who lost to her sister in the 1999 Miami final. "I'd been in the finals before and I lost. I really wanted to win this, take the title. Since I had beaten Venus, I felt it was my duty to take this title because Venus would have took it herself, I believe. So I felt it was my personal duty."

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020330/mdf5629.jpg
American Serena Williams holds the winner's trophy after defeating American Jennifer Capriati in the women's final at the Nasdaq 100 Open March 30, 2002 in Key Biscayne, Florida. Williams defeated Capriati 7-5 7-6 (7-4). (Marc Serota/Reuters)

It's a great win and great year so far for Serena. I remember back in 1999 when she won big in the spring tourneys and went on to win the US open. New York is still far off but Ms. Serena has started sounding off with her great play.

congratulations :bounce:

and to her fans

Again, what a great bunch of people. Great cheering for your fave and holding strong. Wonderful feeling aint it?

GOD BLESS!

shortcut to her story

SERENA CAPTURES NASDAQ-100 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news/20020330/miamisto.html)

from the TOWER of POWER LINDSAY CLAN :)

jacs
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:51 AM
:D

Althea
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:02 AM
:wavey:

Thank you for creating this thread:kiss:

Got so caught you up in the... well you know ... other stuff going down that I overlooked a very important person and thread.

Let me say it again...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR SERENA

Best wishes to you and yours
and your fave Lindsay as well... ( as long as she doesn't ...;) Just joking.

You know some people have commented that they feel that fans should not create congratulation threads , if not for the person they wanted to win... I wholeheartedly disagree

thank you again jacs:cool:

Bright Red
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:44 AM
What a classy post, jacs.

Little wonder that you're a fan of Lindsay.:cool:

Nikki
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:24 AM
Congrats. I just wish Lindsay was back playing:sad:

jacs
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:42 AM
thanks guys :)

Experimentee
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:21 PM
Great thread! I am sooo happy for her, i feel shes only just getting warmed up for the year!

jacs
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:53 PM
:D

Deira
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:56 PM
Classy as always jacs. Thanx :kiss: :wavey:

Renee
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:17 PM
This is my first post and I think it is only fitting that my first post is in jacs congratulatory thread...such a sweet poster. Thanks jacs from a new williams fan.

Go Venus, Serena, Amelie, Monica, Alexandria!!!!

Dawn Marie
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:21 PM
JACS you're a sweet poster, what a nice thread. I thank you for making a nice Serena thread and it's especially nice when it comes form a fan of a different player. Thank You.:)

JACS , I hope Lindsay comes back stronger then ever, I miss her on the court. I have a feeling she will be back soon.

HI RENEE:) I like yor favs.:)

jacs
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:57 PM
thanks again guys :)