Mar 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Good luck to the 3 :yeah:
Tzipi you can do it this time!!

Shonami Slam
Mar 29th, 2005, 08:15 AM
three into the MD. that's all i ask.

Shonami Slam
Apr 1st, 2005, 03:35 PM
the website has shahar qualified, but the qualy rounds haven't even started...
something very very odd.
i sure hope she really is in.

Nimrodg
Apr 1st, 2005, 03:59 PM
GL to Shahar, Anna and Tzipi :bounce: :worship:

oren987
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:00 PM
the website has shahar qualified, but the qualy rounds haven't even started...
something very very odd.
i sure hope she really is in.

Don't worry, Shahar got WC to the main draw.

Shonami Slam
Apr 2nd, 2005, 11:57 AM
qualification draw was posted
tzipi hasn't the easiest of draws, but then again - no one has in this level.
'm not sure if it's two qualy round or three, for the meanwhile:
6 Schaul, Claudine Lux - Tzipora, Obziler Isr
10 Fedak, Yuliana Ukr - Pelletier, Marie-eve Can

Shonami Slam
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
match analysis
6 Schaul, Claudine Lux - Tzipora, Obziler Isr

the israelis playing at full gear now, as many other players in the world in order to warm up and brush aside the rust as they head towards fed-cup. this week the three best israelis are playing thier first clay tourny of the season together.
the hard courts season on which obziler plays slightly better is over, but the current number one from luxemborg isn't too good on the slow surface, both having just one good run and nothing more.
tzipi will be losing final points from dinan, where she lost to the strong junior bacsinzky. apart from that she wasn't too succeful, reaching main draw through qualification in RG only through a lucky loser entrance and 2nd round in another ITF tourny.
respectable, but not too worthy.
she'll be hoping to regain the points from dinan with some good wins in the Bausch & Lomb Championships.
claudine won her near-home title (Strasbourg) with an amazing run beating the first, second, fourth and fifth seeds including then 4th ranked lindsay davenport.
apart from that amazing run includin wins over sugiyama, loit and pisnik - she won just one match against a very low ranked WC.
the pair have played before on hardcourts in canberra qualifications - tzipi won in two sets 6-3 7-5 upsetting then 78th ranked schual.
both players stand even in thier win/loss record, though claudine played more tournies
4/4 and 7/7. not much separates between the two, even though the luxembourg resedent has been top100 for quite a long while. IMO, claudine has no weapons to fight tzipi, who should win this with her experience and strong mental game.
6-4 6-2 for obziler.

shirgan
Apr 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Shonami,
hope you're right :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Apr 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
basically my opinion is always that tzipi can win these 70+ players. she's just top100 material and it's a waste that she somehow never get's there.
if she doesn't win at least one MD match, she'll lose tons of points and it'll take a while to get them back. so i'm really hoping she wins.

Meteor Shower
Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:42 PM
Tzipi won 3-6 7-5 6-2 :) great fighting :D she used her exprience saving 2 MP!

Gil I don't really agree with your match analysis, I do think Claudine has the weapons to hurt tzipi..

Good luck in your next round tzipi.

oren987
Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Great to see Tzipi winning again :worship:

She will get 8 points for this :D

Shonami Slam
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
well, i once again blew it - i really tthink that her form is really bad, and she doesn't have the power to fight tzipi that has tremedous groundstrokes (WHEN they go in that is)
i'm happy she won, it seems as though the MP saved broke claudine's will.
nice win against another top100 player, looking good too.

shirgan
Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:37 AM
Great to see Tzipi winning again :worship:

She will get 8 points for this :D
Yeah it's great but she's supposed to lose 39.5 points from Dinan last year..
so she has a lot to catch up..
and a lot of tough matches here.

Good luck

Shonami Slam
Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:03 AM
MD out!
not easy, that's for sure :(

(3) Myskina v. BYE
Peer v. Stosur

Srebotnik v. Dulko
Smashnova v. (9) Likhovtseva

sheesh. that's tough.

Shonami Slam
Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:38 AM
match analysis
10 Yuliana Fedak VS Obziler.

the good news is that yuliana tends to lose to lower ranked players, this year she hasn't beaten anyone ranked below her (all 5 of them!).
the bad news is that her game IS very solid, perhaps too solid for obziler to take it without a real fight for every point.
both players have won 5 matches this year - but tzipi has done that in 5 tournaments while yuliana is already in her 9th tourny of 2005.
the pair have met once and it was the then 277th ranked israeli to win it with some effort in the first set 7-6(4) before launching her game to bagel the ukraine. that was in 2002, on hardcourt.
but fedak is finally blooming (22 years of age)and now, three years later fedak has improved her ranking by a mile, improving from 206 to tomorrows rankings - 85. her career high was achieved at the beggining of the year following her good run in canberra where she reached the semi's losing to eventual champion ivanovic. she beat the #1 seed farina-elia, so she already has a win over a top20 player this year. apart from that she has been less than convincing, winning only one more match against razzano in IW. last week in Orange, she lost to qualifier mara santanglo of italy.
as for fedak's clay court game - not doing much apart from a run to the title in rimini, a very low standard 50K and another semi later in the year in a 75K tourny.
it might be tricky - but tzipi can win this match if she serves well and attacks. fedak is a pretty small girl (1.66, 50 kilos) and some power play might do the trick.
7-5 6-4. two breaks, that's all tzipi needs to get to the main draw.
good luck!

Meteor Shower
Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 2 6 6
Yuliana Fedak (UKR) [10] 6 2 3
Elapsed Time By Set 36 49 39

Match Summary Obziler Fedak
1st Serve % 65% 66%
Aces 3 0
Double Faults 2 5
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 38 of 62 = 61% 35 of 64 = 55%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 16 of 33 = 48% 16 of 33 = 48%
Winners (including service) 42 31
Unforced Errors 35 37
Break Point Conversions 5 of 15 = 33 % 4 of 11 = 36 %
Net Approaches 10 of 12 = 83 % 8 of 12 = 67 %
Total Points Won 100 92

Great stats! 42 Winners :eek: :bounce:
Good luck in Main Draw!

Shonami Slam
Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM
the first set was much closer than the score implies.
i'm really happy that tzipi is through, but she made it much tougher on herself than it shoud have been.
nice quality win, let's hope for a good draw for her, in any case it will be the upper part of the draw, but it just might be against another qualifier and than a second round is very possible.
good luck girls! very proud of you!

pgprince
Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Great win for Tzipi!!

Good luck in the main draw

oren987
Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
Tzipi :worship: I'm so happy for her after that first round lost in Miami.
Let's hope she will get a good draw here.

Shonami Slam
Apr 4th, 2005, 12:54 AM
tzipi was placed in shahar's section against 47th ranked lisa raymond, and will meet the winner of the asagoe/washington match should she win.
good luck!

Shonami Slam
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:45 AM
match analysis
(WC) Peer VS Samantha Stosur (Aus)

samantha stosur had some big headlines in the beggining of the year - as many, she excelled on homw soil reaching to two consecutive championship matches on home soil in gold coast and sydney at the very star of the year.
the first week seems much more impressive - wins over sprem, benasova, maleeva and farina elia before losing third set 7-5 to swiss veteran patty shnyder. the folowwing week she added two more wins over golovin and kostanic to make it 6 wins over top50 players, teo of them top20. after the second round, stosur was fortunate as she enjoyed the walkovers against the first and third seeds davenport and dementieva respectivally. she lost a heartbreaker top-level match against molik 6-7(5) 6-4 7-5 and for the second straight week had to settle for second best of the week. in AO she extended her matches against top players, this time losing easily to mauresmo in the first round, and from there, after leaving her homeland things looked to drop badly.
won two qualification rounds in doha but lost the final, recieved a lucky loser entry and granted the out of form sugiyama her first win of the season, then wasted herself in two hard fought qualification rounds in which she was tested to the very end, the first against chinese Sun, winning 6-7(5) 7-5 7-6(4) the next losing to cara black 6-7(6) 6-2 6-4.
she finally got over th first round match in IW where she was seeded and recieved a bye, fortunatly for her, she had a miandraw win after two months without any beating Cho but then lost yet another epic to dechy 6-4 6-7(9) 7-6(4).
it seems as though the girls doesn't know how to handle the pressure - maybe she just can't close out a match.
another three setter this week, another tie-breaker (lost this time) 7-6(5) 4-6 6-1.
she's played quite alot of matches this year - 16 (even 8 in the win/loss department) but she has played HOURS on court, fighting those three setter. she has played 10 (!!) three seters, and 8 (!!!!) of which she won 5 but eventually lost 3 of the matches.
so she's worked hard all right.
she hasn't beat a higher ranked player ever since those incredible runs, and she lost three matches since to lower ranked players.
she is a very strond hitter with a simular style to that of countrywomen molik. serves and volleys quite alot, hits heavy groundstrokes, tremendous first serves (though much much weaker with the second one, DF some as well).
hasn't had any mentionable results apart a nice run in acupulco winning five matches (including qualification rounds) to reach the QF where she lost to spaniard marrero.
as with most power-players, the surface doesn't do her well and should the aussie win, it will require much more than the regular forehand whips and massive serve.
shahar should play carefully, waiting for her chances. sam goes for her shots mostly, and has many UE, if she isn't on fire, she should have an even amount of winners and UE or even more errors. if she's frustrated enough - she'll start losing the points way faster. shahar will have to exploit the lack of power in samantha's backhand alot - as well as finish off any points replyed short. stosur runs extremelly fast, fetching balls from evrywhere. the key is surprising, changing directions and pace. if it's stroke to stroke, she should wipe out shahar easily, and so shahar will have to use her extra classy stuff.
by the way - how is the peer dropshot? i haven't seen much of it - i hope she uses it from time to time to change the pace.
if it goes the distance - i think it'll be shahars. it might also be a painful loss - i have no idea. too hard to guess, but we'll be rooting for shahar, and i think she may take it by the hairline 3-6 7-6 6-4

Meteor Shower
Apr 4th, 2005, 02:06 PM
match analysis
good one :) :wavey:

she's played quite alot of matches this year - 16 (even 8 in the win/loss department) but she has played HOURS on court, fighting those three setter.
No way, with all her runs this year she won 8 matches and lost 8? something must be wrong here.

she has played 10 (!!) three seters, and 8 (!!!!) of which she won 5 but eventually lost 3 of the matches.
I didn't get it. Did she play 10 three setters or 8? :confused:

i think she may take it by the hairline 3-6 7-6 6-4
I hope so, from some strange reasons Shahar is the favourites on the bettings :confused: :rolleyes: (hype probably)

Good luck Shahar! :bounce:

oren987
Apr 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I hope so, from some strange reasons Shahar is the favourites on the bettings :confused: :rolleyes: (hype probably)

Yes :shrug:
Anyway, I realy hope Shonami Slam analysis will come to life. go Shahar today :D

Shonami Slam
Apr 4th, 2005, 06:01 PM
good one :) :wavey:

No way, with all her runs this year she won 8 matches and lost 8? something must be wrong here.

I didn't get it. Did she play 10 three setters or 8? :confused:

Good luck Shahar! :bounce:

that was the exact same issue for sam last year - since leaving australia, she had to wait alllll the way to grass season to win big matches again. she really is a home player - she should be great in Fed-cup i suspect.
she played 10 matches in which she went to three sets
i need to do some editing and check what number is what stat - but basiclly ithe girls has played tons of three-setters, and alot of tie-breakers as well, so she has an amazing serve, but she can't break, i suspect.
the Vbetting goes with form, surface and fame over quality - daja bedanova still has amazing odds against any player out of the top20, so you can't relly on them - but you can take it as a sign of how well a player is playing by parameters other than her ranking.
i'll edit and make it clearer later, good luck shahar!

oren987
Apr 4th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Shahar def. Samantha Stosur 6-1 6-3 :eek: :o :) :D :kiss: :worship: :bounce:

That was sooo easy for her. amazing :worship:

Next is Myskina :scared:

Shonami Slam
Apr 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM
i was really wrong. i guess sam is very off form cuz it was a horrific match for her.
i'm completely surprised the way shahar dominated the game but it's very good news.
if an awkward williams was bothered by shahar, what will happen against an awful-myskina?
top10 win, perhaps?
we'll see.
now join her with the upsets anna and tzipi!

by the way, what's with th doubles? why isn't shahar and tzipi playing?

nitsansh
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Shahar :bigclap: :dance: :hug:

oren987
Apr 5th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Today Tzipi and Anna are playing :D

Tzipi 3rd match in the Grandstand.
Anna 2nd on Court 5.

Good luck girls

Shonami Slam
Apr 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM
match analysis -
Anna Smashnova VS (9) Elena likhovtseva.
let's hope i get it this time!

they started off pretty much together, both represent different countries from thier homeland, both achieved the same career high - there sure are alot of reasons for comparsion between the two. they seem almost linked in the same sreteria in the WTAtour together. but lwhich of them has some kind of edge this time around?
likhovtseva at 29 years is finding form again and has reached the 16th rank (only the 8th best russian, suprisingly). with no amazing results since the beggining of the year (QF in tokyo and third round in the aussie open) she's boosting up her rankings with losses, it seems. she started 24th gold coast, lost 2nd round and went up a spot.
she then lost hir first round match and became 22nd.
when she finally had consecutive wins in the slam - it didn't pull her up, but the followong week she scored two more wins - 2 wins over players outside the top50 boosted her back in the top20 at #18 another low ranker pushed her to 17.
out of her 8 wins this year - only her first and last ones were over top50 players.
you'd never have guessed by her scores that she'd moved so close to her career high.
so what gives?
she's consistent. Ms. consistent for you. her losses are to respectable players - serena, huntuchova, sharapova, sprem, jankovic - other than that it's pretty sure she's always gunna win a round or two. the points roll in, and while other players are upset and unstable, she just collects her points.
so what is the common ground of the players that beat her? mostly power.
it's awkward cuz she's a pretty strong girl and she get's most points back in with intrest, but she doesn't have the game to dectate against aggressive players.
she has great net play - and two double titles this year already as well to prove it. she moves well, doesn't lose control and serves some great points. last year she was winning one or two main draw matches tops all the way untill montreal - THE ONLY TOURNAMENT ALL YEAR IN WHICH SHE SCORED THREE OR MORE WINS (not including qualification)!!!
her strength is always winning the first couple. except clay where she consecutivly lost two first round matches. and this is where we link back to smashnova, that won at least one match in every clay tourny. she beat panneta twice, magui serna twice, she almost took out RG finalist demtieva if it weren't her injury (and that might as well been last years saddest loss - she might have reached the QFin a slam...) when it comes to clay - smashnova has beaten dechy, maleeva and molik - she just plays the surface so well.
likhovteva and smashnova met 4 times with two wins each, but smashnova has had the last two in straight sets, including an amazingly easy win on, yes - you guessed it - clay 6-2 6-2.
it's back to the first two meeting where likhovtseva was the higher ranked player - but smashnova knows this her her time of year to get those top20 wins, and she sure will pounce on this oppurtunity. she hasn't played well this year, but she hasn't played much wither - so we can't tell for sure.
one thing is for sure - it's gunna be one of the most intresting matches of the day, and an upset as well imo anna prevailing 6-3 6-3.
good luck to her!

Shonami Slam
Apr 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
by the way - i'm doing all these match analysis mostly so i really put a prediction and see if i'm anywhere near what happened. off course players can have off and on days, but generally speaking i like to check if my tennis knowledge and instincts are anywhere near reality.
sometimes they are, and sometimes...well - not :)
it also let's me get to know tons of players alot better (i used to check out opponents but not really analize, that's how i got to know all therussians so well, with old-school likhovtseva, bovina, panova and jidkova as well as upcoming safina, nadia and krasnaroutskaya - now i need to dig deep to find which russian is on a rise :lol:)

shirgan
Apr 5th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks Shonami
your analysis is always interesting
even if the score isn't 100% correct. I don't think that matters
:)

Meteor Shower
Apr 5th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks Shonami
your analysis is always interesting
even if the score isn't 100% correct. I don't think that matters
:)

ditto :)

Shonami Slam
Apr 5th, 2005, 01:52 PM
it's kinda like dementieva - pretty streaky :lol:
post your predictions as well!

shirgan
Apr 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM
it's kinda like dementieva - pretty streaky :lol:
post your predictions as well!
mmm
ok I'm not really good at this but I'll give it a try:
Anna should win 7-5 6-3
Tzipi will win in 3 sets..

Shonami Slam
Apr 5th, 2005, 03:19 PM
match analysis
Lisa Raymond (USA) VS Tzipora Obziler

lisa's getting old. they all are. suddenly it seems as though the veterans are accepting thier end - suarez, maleeva and conchita all playing much much worse than last year.
while tzipi is 31 as lisa, she was never up there in the top - for her, this is a breakthrough season, it might be her last as well, but she's still giving it her best, trying for the last time to break the top100 and finally get the recognition she very well diserves.
raymond, former doubles world number one, one of the last serve and volleyers around. needless to say clay isn't her favorite of surfaces - she's a grass and hardcourt mistress with career titles from Memphis (twice) Birmingham and Quebec City. with two wins only in the clay season - both in three sets and both and both quite tight.
i have to leave soon - but in general lisa is slumping badly. she's having alot of injuries and all in all i think she's a bit tired from the tour. since her doubles isn't great lately as well (don't forget she has 44 doubles titles, only two from 2004) she isn't playing the best singles as well.
i hope she gives a nice final run in the US, but expect her to retire then.
as for tzipi - she might play another season since she's having fun with the other israelis, she's playing alot of WTA events, and heck - she's playing well!
with the two warm up matches, i think tzipi will take it in two sets 6-4 7-5
best of luck to her!

oren987
Apr 5th, 2005, 09:23 PM
:sad: Anna and Tzipi lost today (big time), Let us hope Shahar will do something to make her fans happy.

Tzipi :tape:

nitsansh
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Shahar will play 3rd match on stadium court

Shonami Slam
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
fuck it.
yesterdays results were horseshit.
c'mon girls, you can do so much better.

Meteor Shower
Apr 6th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Gil, Shahar's match predictions?

Well, I don't do predictions. I do chances :p
15% Shahar (and this is too much also)
85% Myskina

Shonami Slam
Apr 6th, 2005, 05:29 PM
bumbed out from anna and tzipi's losses. horrible horrible matches.
shahar has a big test today - will she take this chance and enjoy the doubt of playing real top10 tennis, or will she lose it against a big gun.

i think shahar can beat serena and venus. i don't think she can beat myskina, she doesn't hit as hard and is way more calm with odd returns such as the no-pace hits shahar gives some girls that are used to stroke-to-stroke points.
myskina wins in two sets, once more the complimants roll all over the young peer, who plays amazing tennis, "she was so good, it was really hard for me to win".
like roger and nadal, myskina will praise the hell out of the opponent she beat, just because it means she's better.

shirgan
Apr 7th, 2005, 08:39 AM
This is what Myskina eventually said (incredibly condecendent and arrogant...):
"I played really well in the first set," said Myskina. "Then I got a little bored because everything was going so well, and I was thinking 'When is this match going to finish?' Then I was 4-0 down in five minutes and it was hard to come back."

She added: "But in the third set I started playing a little bit smarter."