PDA

View Full Version : Seles has won the most matches of any tennis player this year

mishar
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:04 AM
She's won 25 matches on tour this year (not even including Hopman Cup) which gives her more wins than any other player, male or female, so far in 2002.

Say what you want about Miss Monica, but that's a pretty impressive statistic for a 28 year old veteran who one year ago was expected to retire.

She hasn't won the big titles so far, but we're heading into her favorite part of the year.

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:11 AM
Great stat!

Now to all those who says she not fit: stuff those #s in your pipe and smoke 'em.!

Williams Rulez
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:25 AM
Great job Monica!! :D

She is certainly making up for time lost last year!! :eek:

venusfan
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:39 AM
She should have taken out capriati... and she needs to figure out how to beat hingis.. hingis makes her look so horrible on the court.

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by venusfan
She should have taken out capriati... and she needs to figure out how to beat hingis.. hingis makes her look so horrible on the court.

Hingis does that to a lot of players. She's beaten Monica 6.0 6.0, Venus 6.1 6.1.... So, Monica is not alone in her getting whooped by Hingie.

irma
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:23 AM
for some reason Monica can`t return when Martina is on the other side of the net, I realy think it's mental!

Kart
Mar 31st, 2002, 04:16 PM
Great stats :)

Go Monica !!!

Grice
Mar 31st, 2002, 04:29 PM
if i'm not wrong, she's also one of the only two players who have made it to at least the semi-finals of all the events they have played in this year. the other is Serena?

also, in WTA tournaments, Monica hasn't lost to anyone outside the Top 10 this year?:bounce:

Seles_Beckham
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:47 PM
In all the tournement that she played this years she made it at least to the semi-final, ( but she was in a final in a tier 1 and she won the Doha open):) :wavey: :kiss: :hearts:

Monica_Rules
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:49 PM
yeah go monica:D

Zl@tko
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:24 PM
:) Great stat
:) Great Monica

moon
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:45 PM
You guys are beginning to sound like Hingis fans.
what good is all this playing if she doesn't have anything to show for it?

SHE IS PLAYING TOO MUCH.

Hopefully she won't run herself as much into the ground in the coming months.

Grice
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:18 PM
well, i believe we as Monica's fans don't evaluate or judge her in comparison to the other players.
Rather we evaluate her based on her results over the past few years. and certainly this year has been great for Monica cos she's reached at least the semi finals. I think it was in 2000 (?) that she reached at least the quarters and did not lose to a player racked lower than her (except one match that she retired from)

so what's the problem with us Monica fans being happy for her... as long as she's happy playing , we're happy... after all she's got only a few years more of tennis left.

MaRKy MaRk
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:13 AM
Great job, Monica!

She'll win even more matches in the clay season.

Mark43
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:42 AM
Right on Miss Monica. I hope she keeps it up and gets over that grand slam/top player hump.

Jordan.
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:35 AM
Congrats Monica......:wavey: