PDA

View Full Version : OMG! MIRJANA LUCIC WON A MATCH!!!!!

croat123
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:14 AM
Mirjana beat Rachel McQuillan 7-6(?) 3-6 7-5 in the first round of qualifying in Sarasota!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

I'm so happy right now!!!!!

I really hope she qualifies for the main draw! The 7-5 third set shows she still has some of that fighting spirit!!!!

:bounce: :bounce:

Bravo Mirjana!!!!!

Mateo Mathieu
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:18 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

SM
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:22 AM
That's a very very good win for Mirjana...her best in ages!!!!! Rachel's all court game is very sound and boy is she fit(something Mirjana lacks).

nice gutsy performace by Mirjana..shows she still has the desire innside, but needs to work on the self belief and shed the kilos which WILL eventuate in time me thinks :):)!

hajde mirjana keep it going ...

MaRKy MaRk
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:22 AM
Well done, Mirjana! Even though McQuillan's an Aussie like me, I'm happy that you beat her. Hope you qualify for the main draw!

Williams Rulez
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:27 AM
She did?!! Congrats!! :bounce: :bounce: :kiss:

Scotso
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:36 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

thefreedesigner
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:48 AM
That's a really good win for Mirjana in her current condition. There's still some way to go, but it's nice to hear of a win for Mirjana (finally!). :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:20 AM
Well, its not a main draw win, but it is a start. Nice job Mirjana! Take this title!!

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:16 AM
WOW! GO MIRJANA and sorry AlexSydney.

You know croat123, I at first thought you were refering to the new tennis game that came out a few days ago.. lol:)

I (coetzer) lost to Mirjana 0/6 1/6 lol:)

conchita
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:00 AM
well done lucic, u were heaps nice a few years back at the adidas international! pls, oh pls, let conchita win a match or two this year coz im hoping, though the odds seem to be a million to one, that she will defend her 1994 wimbledon title, even thought that is impossible! lol!

Good luck to the following players:

Conchita Martinez, jelena dokic, rachel macquillan, nicole pratt, evie dominikovic, martina hingis, tatiana panova, nadia petrova, kim clijsters, meghann shaughnessy, arantxa, daniella hantuchova, iroda tulyganova, amanda coetzer, elena likhotseva, jill craybas, marlene wiengartner, lilia osterloh, chanda rubin, anna kournikova, and asa svensson!

Also, i feel really sorry for seles coz she would have won that semi against capriati if she didn't lack in fitness so much!

I hate capriati for a few little reasons:
1. She chuked a complete psycho when she was losing to hingis this year at the Aus Open about a line call and repeatedly swore when your shot was out capry! That is not the sign of a true champ!
2. When ever she is down, she always questions line calls and then gets annoyed at the crowd who have the righ to "boo" here!
3. She beat hingis a couple of times already and im biased towards hingis.

Sorry if i offended ne1 but i think that these are true statments and hingis is twice the player that capriati will eva be.

MLF
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:23 PM
Pleased to see Mirjana's fighting spirit still there.

By the way Conchita, what are you on mate? This is a post to celebrate a rare Lucic victory these days. So why are you in here mouthing off about Jen and Hingis? As for Conchita defending her Wimbledon title, well I wasn't aware that it was played once every eight years.

Good luck to Lucic,

and also to Capriati and Martinez in 2002.

veryborednow
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:26 PM
hingis is twice the player that capriati will eva be.

oh dear god...

... i think im going to cry

:sad:

Justinator
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:38 PM
Finally! Congrats Mirjana :) :)

Monica_Rules
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:35 PM
OMG!:eek:

Well done Mirjana i also hope she qualifies!And does well in the maindraw maybe this one win will spur her on!:D

Jordan.
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:38 PM
Congrats Mirjana! :wavey:

GoSandrine
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:53 PM
A gritty win over a formidable opponent.

Well done Mirjana! :)

conchita
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:01 AM
lucic fan, i love lucic 2, but i am sorry coz i did get a little carried away but conchita never wins these days so next time she wins, i will treat it with every respect that you people have delivered towards lucic!

also, to "very bored now" i could not agree with u more! :)

Tratree
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:12 AM
I kept scrolling down for the April Fool's Day joke!

Congrats Mirjana and good luck in the next round :)

irma
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:57 AM
Go Mirjana!
In dreamt about her last night!

croat123
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:18 PM
Bad news:
Jidkova def. Lucic 2-6 6-4 6-2 :sad:

thefreedesigner
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:49 PM
Alinka! :hearts: