PDA

View Full Version : Daniela still deserves Player of the Month honours for March....

aura of daniela
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:08 AM
Nah, actually Serena definitely deserves it again this month.
That unfortunately though, because March was definitely the big starting point for an amazing career for Daniela.

Perhap Co-Players of the month are in order. I mean, Daniela's Indian Wells title, is about equal to Serena's two titles, based on where both players are at in there careers.
Serena, being in the middle of a great career, and Daniela at the start of a great career.

But, I would begrudge Serena getting it over Daniela. I guess the title in Indian Wells says enough in Daniela's mind. And I'm sure Daniela would prefer another title in Amelia Island or Charleston to the minor accolade of being named player of the month.

Agree or Disagree, Just my comments.

Simon V

AjdeNate!
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:09 AM
Both are deserving I think. But I hope DHan gets it for her great breakthrough win at IW.

-Sonic-
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:14 AM
beating 1 & 2 & 3 in the world is a pretty big deal no matter where u are in ur career.

aura of daniela
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:20 AM
Nah Sonic, don't get me wrong, she obviously had a great tournament in Miami, no doubt, I was just saying that Daniela's debut title in IW is about the same as Serena's two titles this month.
If Serena wins two titles to Daniela's one next month, no doubt Serena should win the POM.
This month just hasn't different circumstances.
But as I said, if Serena wins it, it will be well deserved.
I'd actually rather see Daniela win another title next month than win the POM. And I'm sure every player would see it this way.

Simon V

Kart
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:20 AM
I actually think that Daniela ought to get it - IMHO player of the month ought to be measured in relative terms and what Daniela achieved was every bit as amazing as Serena's achievements on a relative scale.

That said, Serena's going to win it and I can't really argue that she doesn't deserve it.

Mark43
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:29 AM
As amazing as Daniela's achievement was I would give it to Serena, hands down. She beat 1-2-3 in straights. That is probably historic. Does anyone know????

Williams Rulez
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:55 AM
I think Daniela deserves it, but Serena deserves it more in a sense because she won 2 titles, plus, she defeated the world number 1, 2, 3 in straight sets, and she has defeated the world number 2 and 4 again few weeks ago.

MaRKy MaRk
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:58 AM
I'd give it to Serena, too. She hasn't lost yet since her ankle injury, which is pretty phenomenal. And to beat the #3, 2 and 1 players in a row is a great effort for anyone. She's won 2 titles, and has beaten Hingis and Capriati already twice this year.

Player of the month for March: Serena no doubt

Ryan
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:17 AM
Serena definately.

thefreedesigner
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:04 AM
It's damn tough I admit. What Serena did was simply epic (not to mention how she did, talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous faster than you can say 'Ma, where's my bra?')....

.....but I think Daniela WILL get it, and I kinda think she should.

Volcana
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:08 AM
I'm sure Serena has been Player of the Month before. Give it to Daniela.

Experimentee
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:21 AM
I think Serena should get it. She won two titles beating the #1, 2 and 3. The achievement was good for Daniela, but it was a weak tier 1. She'll have many more better achievements than that in her career.

jomar
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:35 AM
Undeniably Serena.;) Daniela followed her title with a first round loss at the Nasdaq-Open.:angel:

herodoto
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:57 PM
Daniela, no doubts

express
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:59 AM
Serena by a mile. look at who she had to beat to win in Miami! hantuchova did well but Serena did better. too bad but only one winner can be announced.