PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to both Serena and Jen

Mark43
Mar 30th, 2002, 11:14 PM
What a match!. Serena pulled a Capriati. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I am almost certain Jennifer kept Serena out on court longer than BOTH Venus and Hingis COMBINED!

I really hope Serena plays a full schedule this year. She is amazing. Jennifer is my absolute favorite player, but I really enjoy a well contested drama and that is what we had today.

As a character on Mad TV might say, "those women are two tough bee-atches!"

Playa
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:24 AM
You're wellcomed.

JCFan
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:38 AM
That is true, she played for over 2 hours and gave it an unbelievable fight. Venus and Martina were outplayed big time by Serena. Jen never gave up and nearly took it to 3 sets. But, Serena is a phenomenal player on a roll right now. I think she would have won if it had gone 3 sets as well. She wanted this title more than anything and played the big points great. Jen had her lapses and the fatigue of playing yet another tough match was too much to handle. But I still think both of these players are pretty evenly matched overall.

MaRKy MaRk
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:53 AM
Great match, ladies!

Jennifer kept Serena out there longer than Martina and Venus combined, but to be fair, Serena didn't play as well

Congrats to both players anyway!

barmaid
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:55 AM
The match couldn't have been closer!!:rolleyes: Suspenseful right to the end:eek: A brute force match against sluggers is not my cup of tea...but because it was so close was entertaining...but kudos to Jen who gave Serena a great battle. When I think back after watching Martina wilt at AO..most people criticized Marti for "choking" but I have to think that Jennifer has great toughness and determination to come back...time and time again!So give her credit for a good try!:cool: Her tough set against Monica might have caught up with her stamina to day...but Serena had the hot tournament so ultimately deserved the win;)

barmaid:wavey:

Williams Rulez
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:58 AM
Sounds like a good match!! I can't wait to catch it on TV... :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats to Jennifer and Serena! :kiss:

Jay
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:58 AM
yep I go along with everything in this thread.

great match and performance from both ladies and a worthy winner in Serena

Chance
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:10 AM
sounds like a great match...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MATCH
Congrats SERENA and congrats Jennifer for giving good fight:bounce: :bounce: :D