PDA

View Full Version : Next Serbian Top100 Girl?

Ana&Jelena Fan
Mar 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Ana and Jelena are so good, but in these days Andrea Popovic and Ana Jovanovic are winning on their tournaments. There are also and Vojislava Lukic, Ana Timotic, Teodora Mircic, Sladjana Stankovic... They are all young and talented. There is Jelena Dokic too. What do you think, who is the next Serbian prospect?

My vote is going for Ana Jovanovic (although she is not so young, but she is very talented and she plays so good nowadays and I hope that she could be top100 player).

©@®eLess
Mar 25th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Jovanovic is only playing few tournaments a year, and top she had was 280 i think, now she's lower then 500, and she always wins a 10k in Italy. Timotic-i always wanted her to enter top 200, and she was very close 204, but instead going for it she just does nothing. Vojislava Lukic- i don't know what to think about this girl. She had a great junior year, then a pretty bad one, and she didn't adjust to senior tour-can't see her getting top 100-more like Timotic sort of girl. From all our girl i have highest hopes for Teodora. Now there are Popovic, Krstajic and Zoric-and i think they can do well, but let's be honest none of this girls has a top 100 potential.

ivanovic
Mar 26th, 2005, 01:16 AM
I think ANDREA POPOVIC has lot of potential (dont know why but I do)

Joana
Mar 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Jovanovic said that for the first time she got really serious about her career, that is, she found a coach and spent months practising and getting in shape. Her goal is to eventually get inside top 100.
Popovic also wants to get to top 100, but she's having real issues with money. It limits her schedule very much, and she doesn't have any sponsor yet.

rada
Mar 27th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I think popovic will be a top 100 player there is something about this girl i like;) and she is doing well so far:) other's that COULD do well Lukic(but needs to get her act together) Stankovic young and i think she will be a top player she is doing really well and winning in easy sets;) as for ana t and ana j .....ana j is getting some good wins but i dont think she will get top 100(tho i hope so)

©@®eLess
Mar 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM
They should all go to Filip Cepter and ask for sponsorship. WE need those youngsters!

**Jelica**
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I think there are a few who have the potential to get into the top 100, but of course they need the money and sponsorship etc which is probably the bigger problem. I don't know what's happened to Lukic, cos you know, if someone had say to me 2 years ago "Who will be better player, Ivanovic or Lukic?" I would have said Lukic for sure. She seems to have lost her confidance a bit and I guess it's difficult for her when Ivanovic is doing so good too, it must make her feel a bit demoralized. I think Tea Mircic has alot of potential and she's only just 17, so hopefully she could get a WC or sth onto WTA tournament this year and then we'll see how she did. I dunno that much abt Popovic but she seems to have had good results recently and the same is true of Jovanovic, and I hope that they could get top-100:)

Sash1
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:22 AM
It is really weird about Lukic, she seemed so promising... But than, I don't think there was any doubt in my mind who was going to be a better player between her and Ana. Ana didn't play that many junior events, but everytime she did, she would do really well. First time I remember hearing of Ana, she was 14 year old, and made it to 1/4 finals of French Open... And Vojkas only "big" success as far as I remember was winning 2 or 3 consecutive junior events in south america in 2001 or something like that... (lazy to go to search now!)

As for other girls, I really have my doubts about having a next JD, JJ or AI... I think we've been quite lucky so far in terms of excellent players... but I'm afraid after these 3 there is nobody that can even think about top 50, which is a shame (and I really hope they prove me wrong!)

My only hope is that there is a new generation coming soon...

Ana&Jelena Fan
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:52 AM
As for other girls, I really have my doubts about having a next JD, JJ or AI... I think we've been quite lucky so far in terms of excellent players... but I'm afraid after these 3 there is nobody that can even think about top 50, which is a shame (and I really hope they prove me wrong!)

My only hope is that there is a new generation coming soon...

I think that our tennis has great future because Jelena and Ana are so young (Nole and Janko too). There are only two girls (Sharapova, Kuznetsova) in top20 younger than Jelena and only two (Golovin and Vaidisova) in top50 who are younger than Ana. I hope that Ana and Jeca will be healthy and clever and that they could be top tennis stars in next ten or more years. Tennis will be more at tv, and there will be more money and better conditions for younger players. If Teodora, Andrea, Ana J or Vojka aren`t so talented it doesn`t mean that there is not some girl born 1990. or younger with a great potencial, and I'm sure that their grown will be easier than Jelena`s or Ana`s. Croats didn`t have skiers five years ago, but now this is one of the most popular sports there and they have more and more competitors. I hope that will be with our tennis.

I`m very optimistic :bounce: :bounce:

Joana
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:59 AM
It is really weird about Lukic, she seemed so promising... But than, I don't think there was any doubt in my mind who was going to be a better player between her and Ana. Ana didn't play that many junior events, but everytime she did, she would do really well. First time I remember hearing of Ana, she was 14 year old, and made it to 1/4 finals of French Open... And Vojkas only "big" success as far as I remember was winning 2 or 3 consecutive junior events in south america in 2001 or something like that... (lazy to go to search now!)

You are completely right about that. Ana had never played much juniors, and when she did she had pretty good results (apart from one period in late 2002-early 2003 when she choked horribly all the time). She won 2 very big junior tournaments, and got to late stages of Grand Slams many times.
On the other hand, Vojislava played more, but she could only win 3 South American tournaments in 2002. Those tournaments give out many points (in fact, too much) but the competition there is very weak. And Vojislava didn't have that great results at Slams.
What's important is that Ana has had sponsors for a very long time. In fact, they contacted her when she lost to Vojislava at U14 tournament in France! So, Ana lost but they still thought she was talented and she got the contract, while Vojislava who ended up winning that tournament didn't.

sundjerbob
Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:12 AM
I allways wanted Ana J to enter in top 100, but I think money is the prolem (same with Ana T).
I saw Andrea Popović playing once, and I think that she could be very, very god, even in top 100.
My wish is thet all of them (Mirčić,Krstajić,Zorić...) enter top 100.

Just Do It
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:17 PM
huh we are still waiting for next Serbian girl to reach top100 :weirdo: ! I hope that will be Vojislava or Teodora :)

Tenis Srbija
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Vojislava Lukić, Andrea Popović and Nataša Zorić ;)
Trust me... :)

Tenis Srbija
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:16 AM
You are completely right about that. Ana had never played much juniors, and when she did she had pretty good results (apart from one period in late 2002-early 2003 when she choked horribly all the time). She won 2 very big junior tournaments, and got to late stages of Grand Slams many times.
On the other hand, Vojislava played more, but she could only win 3 South American tournaments in 2002. Those tournaments give out many points (in fact, too much) but the competition there is very weak. And Vojislava didn't have that great results at Slams.
What's important is that Ana has had sponsors for a very long time. In fact, they contacted her when she lost to Vojislava at U14 tournament in France! So, Ana lost but they still thought she was talented and she got the contract, while Vojislava who ended up winning that tournament didn't.

Weak competition on South America challenger's? You really don't know what you are talking about...

Vojislava možda nije briljirala na juniorskim Gren Slem turnirima (a imala je vrlo dobre rezultate) ali je zato osvojila Tarbu, turnir koje su osvajale najveće teniserke na svetu. Istina turnir je do 14 godina, ali imena koja tamo učestvuju pa stignu do četvrtfinala, polufinala, finala, su sada top ten teniserke sveta...
A što se tiče Južne Amerike, Vojislava ne samo da je osvojila te jake turnire, i imala polufinale, četvrtfinale (šta god), već je od prvog turnira igrala sa ozbiljnom povredom ramena... Tako da nemojte da pričate o nečemu o čemu ništa ne znate, odnosno znate samo iz gledanja rezultata!

Tenis Srbija
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:20 AM
And I think it's really dumb that you all talk about players that like 99 percent of you never saw play. That's kinda dumb! I talk about now pretty some girl is, and I never saw her :rolleyes: where's the sence in that?

Vojislava Lukić, Andrea Popović, Ana Timotić, Nataša Zorić and Bojana Jovanovski could be in top 100! Only thing they need is a big sponsor... I mean look at players from 30. to 100. in the world... Majority of them play Leagues matches, and losing to players like Andrea, Nataša. That is a place where you can see difference between them. Money makes the world spin around, and so does with top 100 players :)

Cp6uja
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I think our (serbian) WTA priority NOW and in next 7-10 years is not to have 3 players in WTA TOP100 - our priority must be to have 2 TOP10 WTA players (IMO).

This question is not important for me in next 5 years!
My wish for next "serbian" TOP100 player is comeback of Jelena Dokic (if that possibile - with serb flag)!
Also, i have all good wishes for Vojislava Lukic... i think that she have enough talent for TOP100, and i think that 2007 will be maybe crucial for her progress in career.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Srbija to nije dobro mišljenje. Već sada treba misliti na budućnost!!! Podjednako je važna nova Srbijanka u prvih 100, koliko i prva Srbijanka u prvih 10 - što je siguran sam neminovnost (Jelena Janković)! :)

Joana
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Weak competition on South America challenger's? You really don't know what you are talking about...

Yes, the competition at South American tournaments is weak. Let's take a look at who Vojislava beat there, from QF on: Gabriela Ziliotto, Bettina Jozami, Barbara Pinterova, Flavia Mignola, Agnes Szatmari, Olena Tsutskova, Maryori Franco, Katarina Zoricic, Marine Giraud. Who are they? Where are they now? I am 100% that none of them where in top 10 or even 20 juniors at the time.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Go to some tennis center in Serbia, and ask around about South America junior tournaments... It's clearly that you don't know anything about that...so don't continue with talking about it :)

Vojislava između ostalih pobedila
Dženifer Viđaju - sada 210. na svetu
Betinu Hozami - sada 270. na svetu
Soledad Esperon - sada 309. na svetu (ranije ove godine 224.)
Estefaniju Krakijun - sada 286. na svetu
Agneš Sazmati - 320. na svetu
Džuliju Koen - sada 7. juniorka sveta, 372. seniorka

A što se turnira tiče samo jedan je bio turnir I kategorije, dok su ostala dva bila druge kategorije. Te je renking igračica koje su učestvovale potpuno realan, kao i broj poena koji se dobijaju za to. A i ponavljam ti - devojka od prvog turnira igrala sa ozbiljnom povredom ramena! A dobiti skoro 20 mečeva za redom je zaista neverovatno, u konkurenciji top 100 juniorki sveta. Tako da je van svake rasprave da je taj Vojislavin uspeh osrednji. Ej 20 dobijenih mečeva za juniorku koja je pre toga imala tek par solidnih rezultata na naših turnirima!!!!

Inače Vojislava u toj "lošoj" juniorskoj karijeri pobeđivala:
Alu Kudrjavtcevu - sada 134. na svetu!
Olgu Pučkovu - sada 39. na svetu!!!!
Katerinu Bondarenko - sada 100. na svetu!
Evgeniju Rodinu - sada 219. na svetu!
Sofi Ferguson - sada 184.!
Alisu Klejbanovu - nekada 3. juniorka sveta, sada 240. seniorka (bila sredinom godine 189.!)!

Zaista katastrofalno :ras:

**Jelica**
Jan 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Pučkova je 39 na svetu?!!!:eek:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Da jeste... Krajem prošle godine je vezala par WTA četvrtfinala i mislim jedno polufinale na manjim turnirima. Isto radi ove sezone. Ona bi mogla vrlo brzo da dođe do prvih 20. :) A i lepa devojka :p

**Jelica**
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Da jeste... Krajem prošle godine je vezala par WTA četvrtfinala i mislim jedno polufinale na manjim turnirima. Isto radi ove sezone. Ona bi mogla vrlo brzo da dođe do prvih 20. :) A i lepa devojka :p

Ah, OK. Hvala za informacije :)

Tenis Srbija
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:hatoff:

Ems__
Jan 26th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Ooh just realised visnja vuletic is now ranked on the wtatour site! She's 1411 in the world...such a shame (but better than nothing), she used to be one of the most talented junior's in the world.

When I met her last year she said is going to try tennis again and play challengers. I know her injury is now ok but my aunt (who's friends with her family) said that they don't have the financial support to back her, depsite the fact that her mum is a lawyer...Either way c'mon Visnja!!!

Tenis Srbija
Jan 26th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Višnja is a great player and great person...

I wish her all best as well!!! She could be top 200 player, but finanical support has to come...

verdegreen
Nov 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Ana and Jelena are so good, but in these days Andrea Popovic and Ana Jovanovic are winning on their tournaments. There are also and Vojislava Lukic, Ana Timotic, Teodora Mircic, Sladjana Stankovic... They are all young and talented. There is Jelena Dokic too. What do you think, who is the next Serbian prospect?

My vote is going for Ana Jovanovic (although she is not so young, but she is very talented and she plays so good nowadays and I hope that she could be top100 player).

Vojislava Lukić, Andrea Popović and Nataša Zorić ;)
Trust me... :)
:oh:

So, since 2005, when this rhread was alive, we got only one new top 100, Jovanovski in 2010. (And Dolonc, but she was not playing for SRB ATT)
The question remains the same.
WHO!?

Krunić, Jakšić, or maybe Erić? Or we will have to wait for Jorović? Or maybe Vuković and Danilović to grow up?
http://www.nettenis.org/buduce-zvezde-wta-tura/
I thought alex would be top 100 by now.