PDA

View Full Version : Did Mary Carillo say....

nikita771
Mar 30th, 2002, 07:38 PM
that Serena and Jennifer weren't too crazy about each other? At one point during the match she said something that sounded like that, but I couldn't be sure.

irma
Mar 30th, 2002, 07:41 PM
well didn`t Cappy accuse Serena of faking illness and injuries last year so I doubt they are fond of each other!

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Yes Mary said that. Mary always tells us cool stuff like that. Pam Shriver on the other hand always pretties everything up. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 30th, 2002, 07:46 PM
I agree, i didn't respect jennifer for saying that. I mean wasnt she the one complaining about headaches and fevers at the sanex champs and a thigh a the sydney tournament?

If a player is ill then they are ill or if they are hurt they are hurt. jenifer won those matches and a win is a win so she shouldn't be such a sore winner and be more emphathic especially since it happens to her as well.

nikita771
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Sometimes, they probably think that they can do it. Unfortunately - sometimes the players are in a no-win situation. Venus pulled out of IW last year due to injury and she is still being accused of faking it. You get booed if you don't play and booed if you try to play and have to quit. It's weird, actually.

Martian KC
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Mary also said "Those were 2 nice ones" right when Serena was bending down.:p Even though she meant the 2 service winners Serena had, I got a giggle out of it.:o

Legends
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:14 PM
well I'm sure Jennifer is wishing she could eat her words
ever since those comments Serena has whipped her a...
:p

this is what a lack of graciousness will do to you.:p

CC
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Perhaps Mary herself got a little distracted. She probably wasn't talking about the service winners at all.;)

Snuffkin
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Maybe so, but the last few times, they've played, at the net at the end of the match, they have both had an extra word for each other, other than 'well played' or whatever. Again today Serena had an extra word for Jennifer, not the kind of thing you do if you dislike someone. I actually think that both these two get on, they aren't great mates, but there's no big hatred. But then again...

Larrybid
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:21 PM
LOL..Alriight now, remember Mary is looking at the court, not the monitor...:)

veryborednow
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Serena has whipped her a...

were you even watching todays match?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Legends
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:37 PM
she's won their last 3 clashes
what would you call that VBN?

ever since JC made those comments.
it's almost like she is making a statement to Jennifer.

Nimi
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:41 PM
mmmm..... what a massage is that?Originaly said by Serena Williams
my mellons are bigger

or something else?

Ms. Lively
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:47 PM
that doesn't surprise me. most of the girls do not like serena.

Larrybid
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Actually, I belive Davanport said Serena is mopre popular than Venus. Serena is more friendly, where Venus keeps to the family more. Just a difference in personality types. Cappy doesn't like being asked why she can't beat the Sisters. That's the biggest reason why she gets a sourpuss attitude when they come up in conversation. I suppose thats understandable...she should probrably get used to it.

veryborednow
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:57 PM
They're 4:4 in head to heads, every match but 2 have been close.

Good rivalry, I think that is the message at the moment, with Serena having the edge on American Hardcourts, Jen on clay and grass

Larrybid
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Grass? Not with her serve. Grass rewards big servers. Serena is the big server.

veryborednow
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Jen won their one match on grass, so at the moment, she's the dominant one on grass...

Plus she's got to the semi finals of Wimbledon more times than Serena....

essielewis
Mar 30th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Serena is more friendly, where Venus keeps to the family more.

In her post-match interview today Serena said she "doesn't have many friends" and she'll celebrate with family and her dogs.

I don't think the Williams sisters are particularly friendly with any of the other players (except maybe Alex Stevenson) and they keep to themselves. There's nothing wrong with that. However, I believe Mary Carillo was referring to what Irma said. Jennifer was't very nice with her comments last year.

All the players should be very afraid now since Serena has committed to playing more and she is determined to be number one. Tennis "experts" have always said Serena is a better player than Venus. Now we'll see if that's true. It should be a great year in womens tennis.:bounce:

Chance
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:51 AM
I was offended when I read those comments by Jen after Wimbly
but I don't think that's a complete reflection on how she feels toward Serena and Venus. Here's an extract from a Jen intervew a couple of months back

After Venus pulled out of her semi with Serena at Indian Wells, in the follow-up match the crowd booed and jeered Serena when she beat Kim in the final. Now, if I have it right, Serena and Venus aren't playing Indian Wells. Do you have any thoughts about that? Do you understand where Serena and Venus are coming from?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Well, I really have no comments on that because I wasn't there. I really don't know what went on. It's tough for me to say. But I think you should give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I don't know. That was a little harsh, probably the crowd coming out and booing her, all that. That's my opinion.

It seems fans and the media are the ones who think most players don't like Vee and Rena..I mean sure they aren't close to to anyone on the tour(except for alex) but unless you're a player on the wta then u don't know for sure ..it's all speculation

theultimateone
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:47 AM
Actually, it has been Serena who has tried to be friendly towards Capriati after their matches. Look at the Scottsdale tape, where Serena tries to say something nice to Capriati, but Capriati quickly turns her head, ignoring Serena. After today's match, Serena smiles at Capriati and gives her a pat on the back. What does Capriati do? Nothing. Serena is very outgoing and friendly, Capriati is the one with the stick up her butt.

Although Carillo stated that THEY don't like each other. Believe you me, she is only talking about comments coming from Capriati. Serena doesn't feel any negativity towards Capriati at all.

SassyMolassy
Mar 31st, 2002, 04:12 AM
Actually it looks like Capriati is okay with Serena more than Venus.
Remember last summer in the Pilot Pen when Venus shook hands with Capriati when she beat her and Capriati quickly wiped her hand on her dress? That was quite funny. The week before that Capriati lost to Serena in Canada and they both had nice words and smiles at the end. So as you can see Capriati likes Serena more. ;)

veryborednow
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:21 AM
theultimateone - after scottsdale, she'd just lost ! give her a break :)

CC
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:31 PM
"Actually it looks like Capriati is okay with Serena more than Venus."

It's probably hard to like someone when you've had difficulty beating them thus far.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:39 PM
Yah, Mary Carillo is cool.

At one point, they showed Serena, well her boobs, and Mary said along the lones of something like "those are two big nice ones...serves.

LOL

:bounce:

CanadianBoy21
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:42 PM
Cappy HATES Venus.
She would have been #1 in peoples minds if she ever beat Venus.
That's why she hates Venus.

Actually Cappy hates everybody, even her fans. At one point in Scottsdale, also AO, the fans were saying "let's go Jen, Go Capriaty", and she told the chair, can u tell them to shut up...lol
that's a little rude.
And then they booed her ;)

Now that does deserve a booing