PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu??

TeeRexx
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:29 PM
SERENA saved EIGHT SET POINTS on her way to beating Cap for the second time this year!

Was this match a little familiar to Cappy as she remembers VENUS saving EIGHT MATCH POINTS last year at this tournament?

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020330/capt.1017517985nasdaq_100_open_fkb106.jpg

Maybe Capriati ought to skip the event next year and go to the Indian Wells tournament because VENUS and SERENA will not be in that desert event. :p

nikita771
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:37 PM
I was wondering if Jennifer was thinking about that after she lost the game. 7 points to take it to a third set and Serena wouldn't give up. That was a nail biting game.

Halardfan
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Serena and Venus are very much different characters and players, individuals. Fact is, my girl Serena just won...whereas your girl was an onlooker.

Now that you know you support the wrong sister, shall you change your mind Mr Rexx??? I expect so. :p

Serena Williams - The thinking man's Williams sister. :)

:wavey: Bye Mr Rexx.:p

the_ancyent_marinere
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:45 PM
It´s ok for you to be insolent, TeeRexx.

However, you´d better get your facts straight -- "déjà vu" is NOT something that has happened before, but the feeling that it has when it actually HAS NOT EVER HAPPENED to you.

So whatever Jenn experienced today, it was definately not "déjà vu"!

TeeRexx
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:45 PM
When did you drop your support of Cappy and become a Williams fan?

Did I convert you? :p

TeeRexx
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:04 PM
deja vu definition - The feeling that one has seen or heard something before.
No implication is made of the actions have ever happened or not.

In my literary context, deja vu points back to nearly the same occurance happening to the same person at the same location at the same tournament to a member of the same family.

Mabe not deja vu, maybe just "Twilight Zone" material, eh? :rolleyes:

-Sonic-
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Great win Serena :)

I was thinking the exact same thing, although I was half asleep during the match (I got up early today, it was nothing against the tennis) I was thinking 'its happening again'....

angele87
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Well whether or not déja vu was used correctly ( who has time to read the dictionary anyway ;)) I totally understand what you mean, something some people on this board *cough cough* have a hard time doing!!

TeeRexx
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Thanks Angel.
At least you have the proper understanding.

Weevee
Mar 30th, 2002, 10:17 PM
The Ancient Mariner prefers an older more literal usage of deja vu over current usage. I suspect that whenever Jennifer plays any of the Williams it will be deja vu all over again.

Halardfan
Mar 30th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Im sure you'll be changing your little pic any day now Mr Rexx...moving on up to the much better Williams sister you so cruelly ignored!!!

Serena Williams - Mr Ba's fave Williams sister! :bounce:
Not, sadly Mr Rexx's, for he has long shuned her superior skills. He likes he other one. The one who got beat.
:sad: :p

Williams Rulez
Mar 31st, 2002, 02:30 AM
Really? Jennifer was have been really pissed with herself after the match... ;)

the_ancyent_marinere
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:15 AM
Thanks WEEVEE for at least considering the OLDER, yet more CORRECT definition of the phenomenon!

I would be the last person on Earth not acknowledging the fact that meanings change all the time, and yes you could use deja vu as a description for Capriati´s defeat yesterday.

However, TeeRexx, you should acknowledge the fact that you may be all fun and games, but it would be even better if you really did some research before cracking me up. Then you´d even make my head spin :p

Angele! Knowledge is not to find in dictionaries only. Some things is common knowledge. And I KNOW what real deja vu is -- I´ve experienced one before an epileptic episode.

TeeRexx
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:35 AM
This post seems familiar.

Deja vu perhaps? :eek: :p