PDA

View Full Version : OPERATION WIMBY: the banners

Kelly
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:11 AM
seeing as a few of us are going...what banners (if any) are u taking...would be nice to notice fellow tops.

i was thinking of getting a usa flag and painting in white letters somert like "lindsay davenport u rock"...what about everyone else? any ideas?

RayRob
Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
well, I'll probably take a USA flag. I have one hanging in my bedroom with a British Flag, but I'll probably buy a new one to "deface".

If I write anything on it, it probably won't be too original.....more like "Go Davenport".....or "Lindsay Rules the Court"......or "Lindsay, Queen of the Courts".....you know...those sorts of lines.

You know that large tent I bought? Well, I'm taking part in a 24 hour event as part of the youth group that I lead and I've desided to give it a try. I'm going to "pitch" it in the church hall....so that I can segregate myself from the teenage runts to try and get some sleep! If it is too big then I might think about getting a smaller one - but it's a good oportunity for me to try it out! :lol:

I'm definately going wimby! Perhaps book a few days off from work during the fortnight.

One last thing.....if (or when ;) ) Lindsay makes it to this years final, how many of you are going to join me in buying ground passes so we can be present on the grounds during the finals on the saturday? If we're vocal enough, maybe we'll get a mention ;)

-Rache

Loughyunijen
Mar 22nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
well, I'll probably take a USA flag. I have one hanging in my bedroom with a British Flag, but I'll probably buy a new one to "deface".

If I write anything on it, it probably won't be too original.....more like "Go Davenport".....or "Lindsay Rules the Court"......or "Lindsay, Queen of the Courts".....you know...those sorts of lines.

You know that large tent I bought? Well, I'm taking part in a 24 hour event as part of the youth group that I lead and I've desided to give it a try. I'm going to "pitch" it in the church hall....so that I can segregate myself from the teenage runts to try and get some sleep! If it is too big then I might think about getting a smaller one - but it's a good oportunity for me to try it out! :lol:

I'm definately going wimby! Perhaps book a few days off from work during the fortnight.

One last thing.....if (or when ;) ) Lindsay makes it to this years final, how many of you are going to join me in buying ground passes so we can be present on the grounds during the finals on the saturday? If we're vocal enough, maybe we'll get a mention ;)

-Rache

Thats a great shout..........Henman Hill ( i know we all dislike......but I guarentee you on the last saturday he'll be no where to be seen :lol: )......is a great atmosphere to watch the final live on big screen!

I htink the tickets are only £5 each too......should have no probs getting in either...im sure we can sort some thing out! ;)

foreva lindsay
Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Jen dont ya mean Rusedski's Ridge ;) :yeah:

i agree when u say hennie will be long gone by the last sat!! :haha:

Kelly
Mar 23rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
or Lindsays Ledge.......if lindsay gets to the final then i will try my best to get back down as of now im staying till 2nd wednesday.....but i could stay longer....not long to go nw.

those were good banner ideas rache...might nick one.

RayRob
Mar 24th, 2005, 12:44 AM
or Lindsays Ledge.......if lindsay gets to the final then i will try my best to get back down as of now im staying till 2nd wednesday.....but i could stay longer....not long to go nw.

those were good banner ideas rache...might nick one.

Hey, help yourself! That's ok - as long as people know who we're supporting your quite welcome to them! Just as long as you put "©RayRob" ;)

RayRob
Mar 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Oh, yeah, I was also thinking what the hill could be called when we take over and I did come up with Lindsay Ledge too!

Looking up some extra words in a thesaurus I came up with; Davenport Dune, Davenport Drop, Davenport Drift, Davenport Dome, Lindsay's Landslide, Lindsay's Levee, Lindsay's Limit, Lindsay Levitation, Lindsay's Leviathon, Lindsay's Lump (a strange one :lol: ...mmm maybe not!), Lndsay's Load....ok, so with some words the Thesaurus gets desporate, but you get the picture ;)

Any of these that you might like? We would have to make known to the world what the hill should be called - it might get us noticed on TV :D I can see the Headlines: "Lindsay fans come out of hibernation and into the Limelight!"

-Rache

lindsayno1
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:04 AM
excellent headline!

*timtams*
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Banners:
I hate henman, Tim who?, Tim is crap. Also lindsay rocks, lindsay kicks ass, those sorts of ones!
I want a little caricature of linds punching tim.
Or perhaps we could wear tower of power tee shirts, with our collection of usa flags.....
Anyone got any ideas, i have never met any lindsay fans at wimby, but i think we really should!

RayRob
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Banners:
I hate henman, Tim who?, Tim is crap. Also lindsay rocks, lindsay kicks ass, those sorts of ones!
I want a little caricature of linds punching tim.

Well, I'm working on some photoshop illustrations of Lindsay, so I will see if I can make one that looks like Lindsay punching Tim. Might have to leave it with me for a big as sometimes I get adjitated with the computer when it doesn't comply! :angel:

-Rache

RayRob
Mar 24th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Well, I've whipped something together for you, regarding the cartoon. This is only a base image that I've put together to work from. I thought I'd post it so you can see what I have in mind. I have some other ideas along the same lines but will post them as I go along.

Remember that this is just a "base" image and later it will look more like a 'cartoon'.

http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Lindsay_punching_Henman.jpg

Hope the image works :D
-Rache

lindsayno1
Mar 24th, 2005, 02:22 PM
i cant see anything rache

Elldee
Mar 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Lmao!!

RayRob
Mar 24th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I wonder why other people can see it but Becky can't?! I can see it, and I persume GS can too.

I don't have a lot of time right now because I have to go to work, but I will try and upload it as an attached file tomorrow.

Bye for now,
-Rache:D

Elldee
Mar 24th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Yep, it's there. I showed it to someone on msn too... maybe copy and paste it into your browser?

Kelly
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM
lol...that is funny.

lindsays lump..ive just been crying with laughter at that one..
"lindsay fans love it on the lump"

foreva lindsay
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:28 AM
rache thats AMAZING!!! its soooo good!!

foreva lindsay
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Oh, yeah, I was also thinking what the hill could be called when we take over and I did come up with Lindsay Ledge too!

Looking up some extra words in a thesaurus I came up with; Davenport Dune, Davenport Drop, Davenport Drift, Davenport Dome, Lindsay's Landslide, Lindsay's Levee, Lindsay's Limit, Lindsay Levitation, Lindsay's Leviathon, Lindsay's Lump (a strange one :lol: ...mmm maybe not!), Lndsay's Load....ok, so with some words the Thesaurus gets desporate, but you get the picture ;)

Any of these that you might like? We would have to make known to the world what the hill should be called - it might get us noticed on TV :D I can see the Headlines: "Lindsay fans come out of hibernation and into the Limelight!"

-Rache
you forgot...lindsays loft :haha:

iv just finished designing my top shirt im gonna wear...gotta get it transfered on soon! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Mar 25th, 2005, 12:19 PM
aren't we using my ones now?

Kelly
Mar 25th, 2005, 12:53 PM
i totally forgot about the t shirts haha.

Kelly
Mar 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM
i found a couple of designs on my computer but im not sure about them

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/k-rod/c0a5b4a2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/k-rod/Project2.png

foreva lindsay
Mar 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
my one says:

L I N D S A Y

*pic*

D A V E N P O R T

she came, she saw...
SHE KICKED ASS

Kelly
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:39 PM
maybe if everyone does there own t-shirt but has the sayin "she came, she saw....etc" then they would all be unique and individual but still united with the saying.

RayRob
Mar 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Not had any time to work more on the Lindsay punching Henman cartoon/picture......I've hardly been in the house for the last 3 days! Glad that those who can see it like it though :D

Kelly, I think it probably is a better idea to use the same slogan but with different designs. Mainly because it might be difficult to get all the money off people in time to get the t-shirts printed, plus we all get to show off our artistic side ;)

I tried out my tent the other night at this indoor camping thing I did. It is way too big but I broke one of the pole anyway when I pulled it appart! I think I might get a smaller one. I do have this "beach tent" that we bought from holiday once....maybe that could work, although there's only enough room for me and a bag - :lol: I'd have to do a water-proof test and if it leaked then I will have to take a tarpolian!

Is it true that Wimbledon provide "tent-making" equipment for those who arrive unprepared? I'm sure I read in Ace once, that they give out or hire out tarpolians and poles....not sure how true this is.......anyway, I'll just take my own sheet :D

-Rache

*timtams*
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Rache,
I bloody love it! I have never seen anything so excellent in my life! :bounce: :bounce: :eek: :eek: beckl (lene)

*timtams*
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:51 PM
why won't my avatar work? why why why why why, can someone help me. This is the one i want http://www.wtnphotos.com/showphoto.php/photo/25318 and by the way i didnt know there was an uncanny doll out!

*timtams*
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
no wait, my avatar now appears to be working, oh i am so happy to finally have one!

foreva lindsay
Mar 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM
:lol: well done lene!!

Jan
Mar 31st, 2005, 07:26 AM
I have a Tower of Power banner which I made about 3 or 4 years ago with TOP on it and Lindsay's name and smilies so I will take that with my USA flag which is large and you can't miss it, lol:wavey:

foreva lindsay
Mar 31st, 2005, 01:04 PM
:yeah: i cant wait to see your banner...what days are you going to wimbie??

*timtams*
Mar 31st, 2005, 06:39 PM
I am hopefully going some of the first week, depends what days linds is playing and my other favourites, i *&^king hope they don't coincide with S*it-wit tims days, cos that does generally p*ss me rite off.
Hope to see some of you there this year and your banners/t-shirts. xx beckl (lene)

Jan
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:06 AM
At the moment I am only going on the first Monday. I have tickets for Court One and I was hoping that Lindsay might get put on there, if she plays Monday and I might then see her. I may try and go other days but not sure when.

Can't wait:cool:

*timtams*
Apr 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Gimme a bobble head, i so want one

Kelly
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:56 AM
my usa flag came today

YEY!!!!!!

will the t-shirt transfer paper be ok on the flag? cos i think the flag is polyester and u cant iron that can you?? i'll proberley end up painting it on.

im going to matalan on friday to see if they have any white t shirts.

*timtams*
Apr 13th, 2005, 01:08 PM
omg kelly....matalan..... we are sooo the same......
(sees kelly filterring thru all the clothing aisles at tkmaxx)

I still need an unsigned flag that i can deface slightly by writing on in marker pen, goes down leeds market......

and i want me a bobble head t-shirt and i hate henman banner. Oh its gonna be sooo good this year!

xx beckl :smash: hits kelly just for the fun of it

lindsayno1
Apr 13th, 2005, 02:08 PM
go to sports soccer.... they have loads! i want an usa flag! rache are u getting one?!

foreva lindsay
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:14 PM
im officially gonna be the flag lady...with a uk, usa and sweden flag :D

Kelly
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:36 PM
OMG......tkmax...i love tkmax bought a pair of jeans from there the other week for £60...should have been £100.....i indulged a little.....and i am now paying the price a i am skint.

i got my flag from www.flagsoftheworld.com (http://www.flagsoftheworld.com) they are really good quality and are huge..

RayRob
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:45 PM
go to sports soccer.... they have loads! i want an usa flag! rache are u getting one?!

I already have one, but I think I'll be buying another specifically for defacing.....well, writing a message of support on it ;)

I might do it the lazy way and iron on a few transfers.....I don't think I've got time to colour in big letters.....I'll let the iron do the work :lol:

-Rache

*timtams*
Apr 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
TKMaxx rocks, though i think the point of going there is not to spend quite so much. I bought some nice cK jeans for £7 knocked down from £90!

I want me a bobble head.... i may get a henman bobble head and pulls its head off and then have sign with 'tim easily broken' on it!
I'll let the iron do the work What is an iron, i do not know how to work one..... Let the dryer do the work for you! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:24 PM
LMAO! Laziness is the key to success!

Kelly
Apr 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
the tumble dryer.....lol....thats what im talking about. actually going to tk max today as i need to get a tee to put my transfer on

RayRob
Apr 15th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Kelly, you bought some transfer stuff yet? I think I will do my own too when the time is nearer. I'll try and think of something good :D

-Rache

*timtams*
Apr 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Do you think if i did my own poster sized version of my avatar and waved it around, do you think i'd get a free bobble head? Who listed that pic with tim getting punched by linds, cos i would love to get that on a tee shirt and i dont understand all this crap about irons and transfers etc etc for my flag plus i dont have a printer which could cause me probs..... any thoughts? beckl :bounce:

RayRob
Apr 16th, 2005, 04:45 PM
it was me who posted that pic of Lindsay hitting Tim, I did it on my PC but I haven't got round to perfecting it although it's fairly effective as is. If you use it, of course I'll have to have artist credit - lol ;)

I found a great site for t-shirt printing design....they can do posters too. I spent hours last night designing and Alias (as in the TV program) T-shirt because I can't get one sent to the UK from the ABC site....I ended up buying it so when it comes I can let you know what the quality is like. It cost me £18.55 with P&P but that was because there were 2 logos on, one text tranfer and it had black sleeves. For a normal white fruit of the loom T-shirt it's about £8 without any transfers one....by the time you've put a couple of images on it might be about £15.

The company is Eshirt.it: http://www.eshirt.it/service/idee/123/?myl=en&mycur=GBP&newusrid=40bb3ceda378f&newfrom=3f2bc7399303a

It's a company started in Italy but they are based in britain too and all costs are written in GB£ sterling.

I have come up with an idea to grab the BBC's attention.....a design for the back of my T-shirt:
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/T-shirtBBC_design.jpg

If some of you can't see it, I will post it as an attachment. What do you think of it? If you didn't guess, but I'm sure you did, I used the actual BBC logo.

-Rache

foreva lindsay
Apr 16th, 2005, 06:12 PM
:haha: great one!!!

Kelly
Apr 17th, 2005, 01:05 AM
thats really good rache....i think im gonna go with my original idea 'she came, she saw, she kicked ur ass'......i bought 2 tee's so im gonna do two different ones.

yeah i got the transfer paper from wh smiths £6.99.

lindsayno1
Apr 17th, 2005, 12:37 PM
yeah im gonna have she came she saw she kicked ass AND she came she saw and she aced your ass to success!

*timtams*
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I am liking- 'she came, she saw, she kicked your ass and also she came, she saw, she aced your ass' as well as hitting shit tim.
Also perhaps that pic on the back with 'she'll kick your ass' am not yet sure of design quite yet! I think i can get someone to do it for a tenner at a proper t-shirt printing shop. Can't be paying too much...i still need cash to get into wimby...&*^king rip off that those crappy ground passes are. :devil:

foreva lindsay
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
GOT MY TOP DONE!!!! :D:D:D

http://tinypic.com/4ktaxk

Kelly
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
thats awsome!!!!!

did u use the transfer paper or get someone to do it for you?

RayRob
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:24 PM
:eek: You used my USA flag picture! :o lol, just kidding, it's there for everyone to use if they want.....I might use it for the front of mine as well.

The t-shirt looks cool! :D Where did you get it printed?

-Rache

lindsayno1
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:39 PM
Wicked!!!

foreva lindsay
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
ah shit im sorry rache...i forgot where i got it from coz i printed it out ages ago and i really liked it...im so sorry :hug:

foreva lindsay
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:20 PM
thats awsome!!!!!

did u use the transfer paper or get someone to do it for you?

i got it done from a shop...really cheap it was £9!

RayRob
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:53 AM
ah shit im sorry rache...i forgot where i got it from coz i printed it out ages ago and i really liked it...im so sorry :hug:

lol :lol: I'm just kidding, I really didn't mind you using it at all - quite flattering really to think someone liked my work of art ;) hehe.

Wear it with pride, as I might be joining you with the same image on the front of mine :D

-Rache

foreva lindsay
Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
cool :D

englishjenfan
May 11th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Hey! I'm a Jen and Lindsay fan, and so as Jen is injured i'm going 2 support Linds:) I was wondering when you camp do you then put your tent etc in the lockers? And also what time in the morning do the tickets start selling?
Thanks
*Emily*

Ty-Ty
May 12th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Do you guys have Centre Court tickets or like any of the show court tickets? :confused: Cause if you made a sign for ESPN/ESPN 2 and it was good, they would maybe show it and I could send you a tape. I will be watching EVERY match. ;) Either that or you can sit on Henman Hill. They NEVER stop showing it. They replay it OVER AND OVER! :o I was happy when he lost so they could MOVE ON.

Hope ya'll do good.

Kelly
May 12th, 2005, 06:29 PM
lol. i'll post pic of my banner when i make it.

as for tickets havent got a clue as this is my first time doing the cue. im still working out how to get to wimbeldon from london centre

englishjenfan
May 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Okay thanks anyway!

Ty-Ty
May 13th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Ah, I see.

foreva lindsay
May 13th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Hey! I'm a Jen and Lindsay fan, and so as Jen is injured i'm going 2 support Linds:) I was wondering when you camp do you then put your tent etc in the lockers? And also what time in the morning do the tickets start selling?
Thanks
*Emily*

hey emily tickets start selling at 8/9...well the queu begins to move at around 7 :) not sure about the tent though, i dont think there will be lockers there this year

RayRob
May 14th, 2005, 11:31 AM
There are lockers this year apparently but they are outside the grounds on the golf course car park, car park 1 and st mary's church car park. What I'm wondering about is you queue up for tickets all night, then you have to get up and walk somewhere to put your stuff into storage....like many other people, but how on earth do you find the exact location where you were standing without losing your place?

-Rache

Kelly
May 14th, 2005, 04:59 PM
and now they are fucking about with the tickets!!

wimbledon annoys me....i have no idea where these locker thingys are. rache are u going on your own? if so what days? i will be there from thursday to wednesday so if u wanna queue with me you can do as i am on my own as well and i think siobhan is camping with me on the friday night for 'peoples saturday'. pm me if ya want.

foreva lindsay
May 14th, 2005, 06:27 PM
kelly...my school got tickets for the sat...so im not camping but il meet up with you on the sat though :)

im thinking of camping on the sun/mon if you are?!

Kelly
May 14th, 2005, 10:46 PM
thats cool. more than likely will be campming for the monday tickets. ive decided though i am only getting show tickets for the days lindsay is playing ie) if she isnt playing saturday then i'll proberly just get a ground pass as i cant afford to spend £40+ a day for tickets.

RayRob
May 15th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I haven't desided which days yet. Maybe second week because I have already got to ask for various days off for DFS Classic. I need to organise my days. Probably camp second monday for tuesday tickets - should be fourth round action in my reckoning. Or camp sunday for monday ticket.

I think I will deside during the first week of Wimby, mainly so I know which day Lindsay will be playing. Am I right in thinking that the women don't begin to play on the same day until Quarters? I can't remember as all the grandslams differ slighty.

-Rache

Kelly
May 15th, 2005, 07:11 PM
i have tickets for the 2nd tuesday and im sure i read somewhere that they are qtrs....im not sure. hope so cos then i should see lindsay.

foreva lindsay
May 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
yeah kelly your right :D its ladies quarters :)

im only getting ground passes on the monday..wont have any money left :haha:

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2005, 08:47 PM
i got just over £300 saved for wimby so far!

Kelly
May 17th, 2005, 04:17 PM
ive got about the same but my accomodation is about £200 but i get paid teh day i travel down so i have abit there...obviously dont wanna go wild with it as ill be skint for rest of the month and i think i have a stash of about £100 put away as well. jees for what its gonna cost for a week at wimby u could go to florida for 2 lol.

USA flag- £9.97p
Couple of Beers - £5
Centre Court Tickets - £60
seeing Lindsay Dvenport win wimbledon- PRICELESS

for everything else there are parents!!

Kelly
May 17th, 2005, 04:17 PM
actually that would make a good teeshirt lol

foreva lindsay
May 17th, 2005, 09:27 PM
:haha: great one!!!

lindsayno1
May 18th, 2005, 08:59 AM
WOW can i use that for my t-shirt?!

Kelly
May 18th, 2005, 12:02 PM
yeah go for it. i was thinking of doing the same....as i bought two tees. lol.

im a genious...if thats spelt right...proberly not

lindsayno1
May 18th, 2005, 12:07 PM
genius

Kelly
May 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/k-rod/Project5.png

what d'ya think

lindsayno1
May 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Dammit i was gonna do something just like that --- its like the priceless email!!!! Do u mind if I use something like that!

foreva lindsay
May 18th, 2005, 04:17 PM

what d'ya think

thats amazing..did you make that??? :eek:

RayRob
May 18th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Wow, that is cool I am highly impressed!

I am going to stick with my BBC idea to try and get us on TV....our 15 mins of fame! ;)

-Rache

*timtams*
May 19th, 2005, 01:44 PM
wow am liking that 'mastercard' design, perhaps i can get that on 1 tee and the tim hitting pic on another, alternate days, means lots of rain!

If anyone needs a flag, i have an ebay sellers name etc that can do you any country for 4.99 inc postage, its really fast deliv also, let me know and will pass on details (becrolla@hotmail.com)

RayRob
May 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Well lene, since you loved my Lindsay punching Henman picture, I've worked on it a little bit more and have completed my master piece. I'm so pleased with it that it might even go on the front of my T-shirt!

Here it is:

http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Lindsay_punching_Henman_POW2.jpg

Hope you are able to see it because it's a pure master piece ;) :lol: I know, I'm a bit too big headed at times ;)

-Rache

lindsayno1
May 19th, 2005, 04:33 PM
ha ha thats awesome rache!

foreva lindsay
May 19th, 2005, 05:25 PM
OMG THAT ROCKS!!!! :bowdown:

Kelly
May 19th, 2005, 05:36 PM
yes i did the 'mastercard' one.

and that is hilarious rache....i am likeing that. i am having the mastercard on 1 tee and my seh came she saw on another tee.

i need to get a another flag as i have ballsed up mine lol...told u i would. could u get me the details. cheers

RayRob
May 19th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Wow, glad you all liked it! I'm suprised you all saw it because every other time i posted a picture, Lindsayno1 usually can't see them - just a little red cross.

I think I will wear that picture on the front of my T-shirt and the "Lindsay Davenport Best Born Champion" on the back. Hopefully, we'll all get noticed and the BBC can do a mini series during the Champs about crazey Lindsay fans! lol!

-Rache

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 08:35 AM
yes i did the 'mastercard' one.

and that is hilarious rache....i am likeing that. i am having the mastercard on 1 tee and my seh came she saw on another tee.

i need to get a another flag as i have ballsed up mine lol...told u i would. could u get me the details. cheers

Kelly can i use your design?!!!

Kelly
May 20th, 2005, 11:33 AM
yeah sure....
i suppose seeing as we know what designs we have we know who to look out for....so be warned if you are wearing ur lindsay d tee and some crazy drunk mancunian comes running...actually strolling...over dont be scared its only meeeeee.

RayRob
May 25th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I just went to town today to post a couple of items I sold on Ebay and came home with a camping mat from B&M (similar to Wilkinsons or Pound Stretcher) for just £1.99!

All I gotta do is get my beach tent and I'm set! :woohoo:

Oh, by the way....what size bag are you taking to put your tent, sleeping bag etc in. I have this big "hiking" type bag, and might take that so everything fits in. Obviously I would have to put it into storage, but are there limits to the size of luggage in storage? The reason I ask is the wimby website says £1 per item....now I wonder if my huge bag would be classed as 1 item? or if when they search it, they will charge me for my sleeping bag, camp mat and tent sepourately?

-Rache

Kelly
May 29th, 2005, 04:19 PM
im just putting everything in a suitcase then taking my tent and sleeping bag to the queue....although things might change. i have booked my coach as well so its all coming together now

*timtams*
May 30th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Wow! you guys are soo talented. I am having the punching tim one and the mastercard one, all i need now are teeshirts and a colour printer.
Then do i just take my design to a shop and get them to transfer it across???

How the hell else do you do it?

And what about my cheap ass flag, how do i get lettering on that without using a marker pen. (as i will probably spell linds wrong or sumat dumb)

Please email me full instructions, i am on messenger at becrolla@hotmail.com

Do i have to print the pic onto a white tee or can it go on a light grey one?

Sorry for such spasticated questions, but i am from bradford, no explanation needed there :) :bounce: :bounce:

One last question. Can you get tennis coverage on freeview?

I expect answers soon (beckl)

RayRob
May 30th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Well Becky. not sure how it's done at your general t-shirt printing shop but i got one done online at eshirt.it The T-shirts are good quality and have to be done on white or light coloured (NB. If your image relies on white, you would need a white T-shirt). With the online thing, it could run anything between £10-£20 depending on how many images you have. Online, you design your t-shirt on a template type thing by uploading your pictures. Then, you go to the paying process and they are done in italy but prices are in GB pounds and are printed and shipped with 24 hours.

I suspect a general Tshirt printing shop in your home town if you have one, would work in a similar way. Except you would save your designs on a disk, take it in then show them how you want it. I was gonna do my own but I don't really have the time so I might just design online instead.

I don't have freeview but I here that the wimbledon interactive coverage does work on it by pressing the red button, however unlike with NTL cable or SKY where you have upto 5 courts to choose from freeview only have about 2 or 3 courts.

As for lettering on your flag. The only suggestion I have is T-shirt transfer printer paper. Just print your lettering on the paper....use several sheets if you want big letters. When you print, chose them printer paper option as "Tshirt" transfer" or something like that and it will automatically (should) print the letting in mirrored image, because then when you iron it on it'll be the right way about!

I think that should answer all your questions :D I hope ;)
-Rache

*timtams*
May 30th, 2005, 05:51 PM
can anyone make the mastercard picture any bigger, it looks tiny on the eshirt.it design page, and the bottom bit comes up black looking.

please help, i am creating!

lindsayno1
May 30th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Can u post the image of the mastercard/parents thing please!

Kelly
May 31st, 2005, 11:24 AM

here it is

Kelly
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
heres my banner...with help from my bro

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/k-rod/CNV00069.jpg

RayRob
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
WOW, you made a great job of that! I'm gonna probably do the same.

Your bro is really good to do that for you....doubt my sister will help me!

I've ordered my T-shirt so will post a pic when it arrives......can't beleive how we'll all be out in force - it's taken long enough to plan and prepare it :D

-Rache

RayRob
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
We'll show those Eurosport commentators who "isn't good for tennis" - pppffft! And we'll show them that it doesn't matter if Lindsay has a "small" fan base - but small can be vocal!

Go Lindsay!
-Rache

Kelly
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
too true...i should be getting my tshirts tomorrow. yey

foreva lindsay
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
We'll show those Eurosport commentators who "isn't good for tennis" - pppffft! And we'll show them that it doesn't matter if Lindsay has a "small" fan base - but small can be vocal!

Go Lindsay!
-Rache

hell yeah... :bounce: :bounce:

foreva lindsay
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
love the flag kelly :yeah:

im gonna take a pic of mine now LOL

foreva lindsay
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:44 PM
heres mine :D Excuse the sofa LOL

http://tinypic.com/5ltpmw

Kelly
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
thats cool

foreva lindsay
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
wow we are so gonna get noticed..this is gonna be fantastic :yippee: im so excited :tape:

*timtams*
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Holy Crap that is one big ass flag, love it though. I bet i spell lindsay davenport wrong somehow, or bodge it big time so i only fit half her name on or sumat thick!

:( :sad: (beckl)

Kelly
Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
u will be fine.... may the force of davenport be with u

Kelly
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
got my tee's back today and they ROCK!!!!! i will get pics up as soon as i can but dont hold me to that lol

lindsayno1
Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:20 PM
Awesome! I took mine in to be done today. they best spell LINDSAY correctly!

RayRob
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:43 PM
Well, I got my confirmation email from Eshirt.it today to say it was done and was being despatched today (friday) so hopefully it'll be here early next week! :woohoo: Will post pics when I have it :D

:lol: we're gonna know who everyone is by which Tshirt they're wearing ;)

-Rache

foreva lindsay
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:29 AM
kelly...how many have u got LOL

Kelly
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
i have 2

lindsayno1
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
GRR the guy at the shop said my t shirt wud be ready tues, but i finished work at 6 2nite and had a voice mail on my phone saying he'd done it today!!! But shut at 5.30 and reopened on Monday! i want it now!!!!!

LindsayRulez
Jun 5th, 2005, 03:49 AM
ahhhh I can't wait to see your shirts!!!! I so hope you get noticed as the tower of power! ;)

Elldee
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:25 PM
You have to be really noisy between all the points even if she's double bageling the other girl so that you get noticed by the Dav :D [and the cameras].

Can't wait to see you.

*timtams*
Jun 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Im not very vocal! I am however 6ft 1, so should be able to get noticed that way! I so want a bobblehead, to stick on top of my hat, i will get noticed somehow...i do solemnly swear! :bounce: beckl

lindsayno1
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:24 PM
WELLi dont wanna get noticed by her for the wrong reasons ;)

lindsayno1
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
well i have my t shirt - looks great.... will look amazing once i have put my pix on it!!! Am such a div - printed off my pics earlier ready to iron on and i forgot to flip the pix first! doh!

RayRob
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:29 PM
OK, just got back from my weekend away to find my Tshirt arrived :woohoo: I'm very pleased with it but I'm gutted that the back pic and writing isn't bigger :sad: but never mind, it is big enough and pictures will follow shortly :D

-Rache

RayRob
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Ok, Here is the front and back of my tshirt:

Front:
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Wimbledon05Tshirt-Front.jpg

Back:
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Wimbledon05Tshirt-Back.jpg

Like I say, I wish the writing on the back was bigger but it'll do to get noticed :D

-Rache

LindsayRulez
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:57 PM
i'm loving your shirt Rachel!! I can't wait to see others, and you know I'll be looking for you in the stands!

lindsayno1
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:21 PM
lol i'll post mine when its all done. just gotta iron on pix now

Elldee
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Your T-shirt should really be available in shops, Rache. It kicks arse!

*timtams*
Jun 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Rache,
That is so mine! I will get mine done shortly, have been trying to get a lindsay bobblehead, but there is only one on ebay and its the rip off postage guy mr fritz red.

Will get my t-shirt done, when i a) find a nice t-shirt and b) can be arsed to go out to the dark side of town to get it done!

(lazy becks) :bounce: :bounce:

Kelly
Jun 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM
thats a great tee rache...i will put pics up of my when i have time....should be this week sometime.

RayRob
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:57 PM
WOW, thanks for all your kind comments about the Tshirt. I did contemplate having a tshirt with just the Lindsay punching Tim pic so I could wear it all the while and whenever but I didn't really want to spend too much money right now :lol: Gotta keep the funds flowing in, not out.

-Rache

joaco
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:27 AM
You guys so rooooockk :rock: I really hope Lindsay gets to see you and gets a good laugh I like them ALL!!!!

*timtams*
Jun 8th, 2005, 11:50 AM
OOO happy birthday linds, i have just got my t-shirt done online, my images better show up and it better *&*ing be posted in time for the first day!

Do flags wash ok in the washer? It has some signatures from last wimby on, but i had a queue and obv it was like a tent for me and got a bit mucky. The signatures are in perm marker pen, I FUCKIN HOPE, shit they better not wash off.

Apologies for swearing, i am a northerner and these words come more naturally, Kelly back me up now!

:bounce: beckl

Kelly
Jun 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM
i am shcoked that u think i use such language.....lol.....its true though swear like a trooper

Golinds
Jun 8th, 2005, 08:19 PM
i fucking swear all the time lol

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2005, 12:16 PM
my dad was up in my home office looking at my funny pictures that I do, stuck on my wall at home. One of them is the Lindsay punching Tim one and he was laughing and I told him that I'm gonna try and get it signed by Lindsay herself. My dad said that he thinks that she'll really laugh at it....well, I told him that was the idea! ;)

-Rache

lindsayno1
Jun 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
well i think lindsay has that sort of mentality!

Kelly
Jun 10th, 2005, 03:52 PM
finally...here are my 2 tees

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/k-rod/scan0001.jpg

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Excellent Kelly!

I put my design with writing on the back because I hate seeing people starring at me while they're trying to read what it say - makes me uncomfortable ;) :lol: Plus, if I'm sitting on Lindsay's Ledge the camera from behind will pick-up my t-shirt - well, at least that's the plan! ;)

I can't wait to see what sort of reaction we'll get though.....I'll be very suprised if something isn't said about us :D

-Rache

LindsayRulez
Jun 10th, 2005, 04:28 PM
KELLY! your shirts are awesome! And I just realized that I never sent our your package, it's sitting under a pile of papers on my desk so I'm on my way to the post office now. So sorry about that

Kelly
Jun 10th, 2005, 04:34 PM
lol. its ok kyle. look forward to it

i am quite happy with my shirts....my brother loves the mastercard one. i said u better txt wimby to tell them about us whilst im there. excuse the crap in the last pic lol...notice how i get the kareoke in frame for the party lol

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2005, 09:12 PM
LOL, yeah, just thought it was a bizzarre looking TV screen - glad you cleared that one up! ;)

I really love the Master Card idea too - very whitty.....there is a special name for it in the design industy when you use someone elses idea, but change it for your own accord, but I can't think right now what it is.....it was so long since I did it at uni. And no, it's not plagerism....that doesn't exist in design :lol: A modern example is the VW "singing in the Rain" ad....I wish I could remember what it was, not that it's important!

Well done again :D
-Rache

bis2806
Jun 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Wow you guys are just motivating me to make a T-shirt and wave the US flag which i will for JP Morgan Chase Open :D

Btw, all of your shirts and flags are AWESOME. Well done :) Can't wait to see you guys on TV!

Kelly
Jun 12th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Tower Of Power---coming To A Town Near You!!

RayRob
Jun 12th, 2005, 10:33 PM
LOL, yeah, it's the global tour! But the biggest event seems to be at Wimby...I'm trying to encourage my friend to look out for me/us on TV!

-Rache

Kelly
Jun 13th, 2005, 12:10 PM
we should put an advert in the papers lol.

*timtams*
Jun 13th, 2005, 12:22 PM
come on t-shirts please arrive this week, pretty please.
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Tim_Who_punch_Wanna_bobblehead.jpgon the back
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/dear_parents_funds_are_low.jpgon the front
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Tim_punch_msn.jpg
on the back
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/4260/Dear_Wimbledon_Get_a_roof.jpgand on the front. I think there should also be a 'lindsay please sign here' on one of the t-shirts too!

I hope these are the delightful images that will be on my t-shirts, i cant quite remember what i put on due to the sodding t-shirt loading machine not working too well!

Kelly
Jun 13th, 2005, 12:34 PM
lol....like the lindsay sign here bit

lindsayno1
Jun 13th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah!!! Lindsay please sign here would look wicked!

foreva lindsay
Jun 14th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Tower Of Power---coming To A Town Near You!!

get your tickets fast...they are running out... :lol:

*timtams*
Jun 15th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Ok sorry they is all the wrong way round n stuff, but i am thick and cannot cope!
T-shirt no.1 the front
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/9591/DSCN0485.JPG
T-shirt no.1 the back
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/9591/DSCN0486.JPG
T-shirt no.2 the front, which was meant to be the back but i was born stoopid
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/9591/DSCN0487.JPG
T-shirt no.2 the back, which was supposed to be on the front, so stoopid wimbledon, could build a sodding roof, but neway!
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/9591/DSCN0488.JPG

For future ref...buy at least 2 sizes too big, these are slightly small, they are those womens clingy ones, not the nice baggy blokes ones (damn it).
They will fit! (determined to cram myself in them, slightly too short also, but will have flag to warm my back etc) Its all fun! :bounce: :bounce:

Kelly
Jun 15th, 2005, 05:02 PM
lol...they look great. i am realy proud of all our efforts. well done to all teh TOPS...i shall have a drink for all of us lol

RayRob
Jun 15th, 2005, 10:59 PM
LOL beckl, I got my Tshirt from Eshirt.it and figured that they might be strange fitting so I bought mens XL and they fit fine with a plenty of room to spare.....but yeah, you do have to buy bigger or else you have to breath in all day....perhaps hold your breath for 10hrs! I should have mentioned about the size, before - doh! Didn't think to mention it before.

-Rache

lindsayno1
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:59 AM
rache i was a usa flag now - is it too late?!

RayRob
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I will bring my USA flag if you like.....I'll just buy a new one for my wall later.....I read in ACE today though that you can't take large flags this year :confused:

-Rache

Elldee
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Are you all going to center court fourth round? Y'all need to spur Lindsay through Kim!

RayRob
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I can't make the fourth round - which is gutting! But people who're going gotta cheer really LOAD!

-Rache

Elldee
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Yes, and also really LOUD!

*timtams*
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM
i think i will be there monday to frid on the first week, i doubt i'll get onto any of the cc, c1, c2 matches cos you have to pay, and bollocks to that. I will try and blag my way in as normal, but the security is ridiculous on cc.
If linds gets into the final, i may make a trip down south and get in the q for lindsays ledge, how much will i have to pay for ground pass on finals day? :bounce: (will be the 1 breathing in all day)

RayRob
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I think a ground pass on finals day might be within your budget....I think it's only about £7....the further into the event you go, the cheaper the ground passes because there are less and less matches going on!

-Rache