PDA

View Full Version : Kutuzova

Lachrymarum
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:45 PM
She's won the first set to Amy Frazier 6-3. Hope she can win the match!
Nice that they gave her the WC. With a win over Pennetta and, possibly, Frazier - she definitely earned it!
;)

Darop.
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Yeh, she's a great player, plays like Kournikova used to.

I hope she can get into the top 100 soon :)

tom2791
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM
she is playing really well, I am certainly a fan.

PaulieM
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM
this is great for her:)

Lemonskin.
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Phew, ol' Whitey just broke back.

New
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I can't believe it! I mean I knew Kutuzova was playing well and most likely fearless on tour, but amy not being able to convert all the break points and hold her serve is shocking! :eek:

Amy can't be that bad!!!

MLF
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:55 PM
It's extremely windy today at IW and that always spells trouble for a flat hitter like Amy Frazier.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:57 PM
It's extremely windy today at IW and that always spells trouble for a flat hitter like Amy Frazier.

I know..it does not lookgood at all....but if she loses then good going for Kutie...i know i always hate it when people make exuses for there players losses...she just needs to regroup for Miami ;)

Mana
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Go Amy!

New
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:02 PM

sorry... could you explain that a bit better... i'm a flat hittter myself... but it is seldom windy out here... so I'm not too sure how that affects amy...

Darop.
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:08 PM
sorry... could you explain that a bit better... i'm a flat hittter myself... but it is seldom windy out here... so I'm not too sure how that affects amy...

When its windy, its best to hit with alot of topspin or backspin, so the ball can sorta "cut through" the air.

When the ball is hit flat the wind can just take it anywhere.

MLF
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Flat hitters who go for the line have less margin for error so blustery can play havoc with a flat hitters game in that they'll produce a lot more unforced errors than usual. Not Kutuzova's problem though, Amy's experienced enough to know how to adjust.