PDA

View Full Version : Loved and Hated subjects.

dementieva's fan
Mar 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone,
At school, which subjects do you love the most and which you hate the most and why?

My favorites are History and Chemistry. :) Chemistry till now is relatively simple and by far the easiest among the other science subjects and moreover our chemistry teacher teaches so well. History, it’s just like a story, a story of wars and bravery.

And yeah…… I absolutely hate Mathematics,:( honestly, I do not even know the reason myself coz I always get decent marks in it but still I just feel like fainting on the eve of my exam, :eek: even if I am well prepared.

Another subject I absolutely hate is the Regional Language, too much syllabus and too tough marking are the main reasons.

Plz submit ur views too. :)

Crazy Canuck
Mar 11th, 2005, 02:53 PM
In highschool I liked all the maths and sciences because I could score perfect on those tests. I hated English.

It's different now that I"m in university.

Darop.
Mar 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Love: gym class.

Hate: everything else.

Cariaoke
Mar 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Love: Sociology (easy and interesting), History (that's my major), Geography (I love shooting down the "ignorant American" stereotype), World Literature (I just excel in this class... I have a really original way of interpreting things that my professors appreciate), African/African American history (cuz frankly it's ignored before college other than slavery and MLK, as if that's all Black people did :rolleyes: ), Biology/Zoology/Anatomy (I do well in these and I like knowing the scientific name of things although I don't really retain them after the course ends :lol: ).

Hate: Math (my mind always wanders in this class *shrug*), Earth Science/Astronomy/Physics (I do well in it but it bores me to tears), PE (informal team tryouts).

!<blocparty>!
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I love Geography, I don't think there could be an easier subject :lol: (plus my teacher is totally fit)
I used to love english, but dropped it because my teacher was a prick.

I hate chemistry and PE at the minute, and have always hated history, and welsh.

SM
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:21 PM
in high school i loved all the HSIE subjects including geography, economics, legal studies etc. hated maths.

Geisha
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:24 PM
I HATE Math & Science

I LOVE English, Geography, History

OUT!
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Criminology b/c I got a First and I enjoyed it :D

Hated maths and sciences although I passed those subjects also.

Becool
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I hate Maths, Chemistry and Physics.... :rolleyes:

I love the rest! ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Love: English, Literature, History, Geography, PE and International Politics.

Hate: Maths, Science.

Mattographer
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Love: English Standard, Visual Art (Practice), Photography, TVET.

Hate: Indrustial Technology, Visual Art (Theory).

I don't do Maths and Science for Year 11/12! :devil: I absolutely hate Maths and Science! :lol:

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Uni only has 4 subjects :p

Love: Biology, Nutrition
Hate: Chemistry, Physics

Paldias
Mar 13th, 2005, 01:26 AM
I like: Chemistry, World History, English, French
I hate: Biology, Math

Princess Sarah.
Mar 13th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Loved history and business studies
i hated maths and english

weird i know

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Mar 13th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Well, I hardly don't like any classes, cause mainly I avoid them. The only one that I hate and can't avoid is english.

Let me state the classes I have loved and hated during my whole high school era!

Loved: Astronomy, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, College Algebra, and all my computer certifications.

Hated: English and art.

skanky~skanketta
Mar 13th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Loved: English Literature, Languages (French and Spanish), Biology, Performing Arts, Ceramics.

Hated: this is so easy. Chemistry, Geography and History.i dropped history and geography directly after my O-levels but i stuck with chemistry. i still cant believe i got a 5 for Chemistry for my IB's. i expected a 3!

i was ok with math. i used to get good marks for calculus and trig but my algebra used to be horrendous!

Dave B
Mar 13th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Love: Economics, Math, Operations Reseach (Engineering shtuff), East Asian Studies, Philosophy

Indifferent: History, Government, Poli Sci

Hate: Spanish, English, Literature Biologoy, Anthropology

silverwhite
Mar 13th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Love: Maths, Chemistry, French
Hate: Physics

I don't feel as strongly about the rest. ;)

*Karen*
Mar 13th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I liked English and Music

Hated Maths, Biology and German

Chunchun
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:38 AM
in the past i hate Geography and History, but now i dun have to study these :D

Current:
Like - Maths/A.Maths
Hated - Chinese, Physics, Computer, Chemistry :smash:

Josh B.
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Like -
Electronics
Geography
Sport
Biology

hate

Maths
History
Chemistry
Physics
English
German

Beefy
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I loved PE and some other sport subjects I did (Sport Ed and Sport Science), home eco was good, history (except for year 9, Australian history), info tech, media and believe it or not, economics was good (just had a good teacher though).
I hated geography, Japanese, business management was so so, English the same, and math was only good one year when we had a hot teacher

Veritas
Mar 13th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Liked:

* English: Interesting, because we got to read a lot of books, and fun, because we didn't do much in-class work except reading.

* Legal Studies: I liked how we did many interesting activities, such as reading and analysing real-life crime cases and associating 'em with legal jargon.

* History: I am a history nut, especially when it comes to Asian history and War.

* Biology: IMO, easiest out of the 3 main Science subjects, since all I had to do really was to memorise all those long names. It was fun as well, because we did a lot of awesome in-class pracs, such as dissecting a sheep's brain :)

* Religion: It was the most straightforward subject I've done. I used to dislike it, but because the criteria was so easy to follow, I didn't mind it in the end.

Disliked:

* Chemistry: I hated learning about substances, atoms, charts, etc. It was far too confusing. Plus, I wasn't remotely interested in anything the subject had to offer.

* Physics: I dislike maths to a large extent, and since Physics involved a lot of maths, I found the subject extremely boring.

* Maths (any type): I hate maths.

* Accounting: I liked it, at first, but like Physics, it was too formulaic - nothing remotely interesting or eventful in accounting, just simply numbers.

* Literature: the entire subject focused too much on abstract thoughts and works of past philosophers. BORING!

* Music: It was strangely like maths - far too technical. And besides, I wasn't interested in learning about the Baroque, Classical, Romance, etc., history.

Sam L
Mar 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM
In highschool I liked all the maths and sciences because I could score perfect on those tests. I hated English.

It's different now that I"m in university.
Haha, yeah Uni maths is :scared:. Science is still ok though.

Ting
Mar 13th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Love: Geography, especially human geography it's really interesting:)

Hate: Maths, Physics and Biology, and am starting to dislike Chemistry now. Luckily I don't have to do physics or biol anymore but can't get rid of the rest. Although I'm actually doing great in Maths:o

Kart
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Hated physics, history and geography.

Kart
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Oh and French.

daniela86
Mar 13th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Love:Litterature,Languages (french,english,spanish) History,Geography,Psychology,Sociology,Philosophy, History of Art,photography. I always had decent marks in those subjects:p
Hate:maths,physics,chemistry and everything related with numbers.I hated also physical education :rolleyes:

(•_•)
Mar 13th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I didn't hate the subjects in most cases, I hated the teachers. How can it be that more than 2/3 of the class had a 5 and in other subjects they were doing well?! And if you had another teacher later in that subject you were much better? :rolleyes:
But the subjects I really hated were Maths, Physics and Chemistry. First subjects I gave up were Physics and Chemistry. :rolleyes: I couldn't give up Maths of course so I had to struggle with learning it till i had finished school. And today I don't need it. :rolleyes:
Subjects that were okay are languages (although it didn't help a lot doing well in school in it as I see now :o ) and Geography.

Frank
Mar 13th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Back in high school I liked English (despite my teacher), Dutch and history most.

I hated maths because I just suck in it and I hated Physical Education as well. But that's because I broke my leg once in PE class. :)

~{X}~
Mar 13th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Love: History,Gym,Lunch,English

Hated: Math,Physics,Chemistry,French

QuicKyMonSter
Mar 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Hate: Physics
Love: French, English, German, Spanish

-Em-
Mar 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Loved: PE, maths
Hated: Physics, French, History

SJW
Mar 13th, 2005, 05:14 PM
love: pe studies- its really hard (mixture of biology, psychology, history, etc) but for some reason i love it
business studies - i can blag that like anybody's business. other people find it hard, but it's a piece of piss.
hated: sociology- subject content was good, but i never had an interesting teacher
english - i loved it at GCSE. at AS Level it bored me to tears. i was mad when i realised i had to carry on one of sociology and english on for A Level.