PDA

View Full Version : Speeches after Dubai final

LindsayRulez
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I really became a big fan of Jelena this week, she has such a great personality and she's soooo humble!

Jelena Jankovic: What can I say? I had an amazing week. Everything was great. I want to thank the staff, the sponsors, Dubai Duty Free for making this tournament possible. I want to just thank everybody for doing a great job. And I also want to congratulate Lindsay for playing unbelievable, I couldnít do anything! She kind of destroyed me, at the end! But I couldnít ask for more and Iím happy what I did. And I want to thank my brother for his support (waves to the crowd) and I want to thank the crowd for supporting me, itís so unbelievable (waving to the crowd and starting to cry). The announcer says that Jelena will move close to the top 20, a new high ranking for her: Thatís something to cheer me up!

Lindsay Davenport: Yeah, itís overwhelming, I try not to think about any of those things when Iím playing (referring to having won her 46th career title), but it was a hard-fought, well-deserved one tonight, it was a really, really close match. I thought Jelena played great, it only came down to a few points. But Iím honored to be able to win another title. (The commentator mentions that Lindsay has put retirement on hold, giving everybody a chance to see her here in Dubai). Yeah, Iíve had some really close matches here, but Iím ecstatic I decided to come here. I didnít know at this time last year what my future plans were but I had such a great year, I decided to keep going, but more importantly try and see some new places and play in places Iíve never been. Itís been truly remarkable my experience here, from the bottom of my heart, I never imagined how warming and great the people here are and Iím very, very grateful to everybody here, thank you. (Commentator: Letís hope Lindsay keeps retirement on hold. Maybe come back next year?) If Iím still playing, Iíll for sure come back, thatís no problem at all. I just wanna see what this year brings, Iíve played already, this is myÖ13th year and I think uhhh, thatís enough! So I donít know, weíll see, but if Iím playing, I promise Iíll be back! (Commentator: Your champion, Lindsay Davenport!) Fireworks go off in the backgroundÖ

foreva lindsay
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:43 PM
aaw fireworks! :D

thanks for those :yeah:

Andrew.
Mar 8th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I think she'll play next year.

joaco
Mar 8th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

lindsayno1
Mar 9th, 2005, 06:51 AM
i think she will too. shes improved too much to stop now

Samantha
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:06 AM
It's a good speech, thanks for posting it up.

Loughyunijen
Mar 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
great post guys thanks for that!

bis2806
Mar 9th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Wow sounds like this tourney is really awesome...

LindsayRulez
Mar 9th, 2005, 05:21 PM
you're welcome, guys! I was just to glad to see how happy she was after, and I really become a fan of Jelena Jankovic. That final was just an awesome match in all!

Jan
Mar 11th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Yes, thanks for posting the speech and I agree she has improved, again, and I think she may just play next year too. Its sounding hopeful too. I really like Jelena, great girl.:cool:

Frederic
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:11 PM
It's not sure for next year... Don't forget that her knee is still bothering her and she will need surgery again anyway, so we just could be optimistic as regards her results...

thelittlestelf
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:18 PM
It's not sure for next year... Don't forget that her knee is still bothering her and she will need surgery again anyway, so we just could be optimistic as regards her results...

Shh! We don't speak of Lindsay's knee, ever!

lindsayno1
Mar 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM
lol her knee is the forbidden word!!!

Frederic
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Ooooops!!! Sorry!!! I didn't know that it was forbidden to talk about her knee!!!lol ;-)

Jan
Mar 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Please don't talk about the knee:(

Lets cheer for her whilst we can:D