PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Mad Black Woman

TimBo
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Anyone seen this yet? I watched this weekend and I LOVED it. Very funny and touching.

Infiniti2001
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Anyone seen this yet? I watched this weekend and I LOVED it. Very funny and touching.

I saw it too--- What an awesome flick. It 's so nice to see black folk in normal situations :lol: I never got to see the plays so I'm happy with the movie. My only wish is that there was more Madea on screen :haha: :rolls:

TimBo
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:57 PM
call the po po ho

rightous
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I haven't seen it, but man i thought they were getting the piss with the title

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Dayum and I still havent SEENT the movie lol. I saw all of Tyler perry's stage plays, but i cant find nobody to go see it wit me at the movies. And im not going to watch it bootleg. I'm trying to debate if im going to see it that this weekend or Robots.

TimBo
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Oh you need to see this one. Im telling you its a really good movie.
Tyler Perry is GREAT. Im trying to find the plays now.

victory1
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I saw it. What a great movie! Did you guys see the cast on Oprah last week?

harloo
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
victory I saw the cast on Oprah and Tyler's house is amazing. It seemed like most of the interview was focused on Shemar and his appeal to the ladies, but the show was pretty good.

I saw the movie and enjoyed it very much, but I love the plays better. If you haven't seen them you should check them out.:lol:

victory1
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
victory I saw the cast on Oprah and Tyler's house is amazing. It seemed like most of the interview was focused on Shemar and his appeal to the ladies, but the show was pretty good.

I saw the movie and enjoyed it very much, but I love the plays better. If you haven't seen them you should check them out.:lol:

No, I've never seen a Tyler play. This will change as soon as he brings back his play to Atlanta. Did you notice that Shemar fixed his bottom teeth. I used to be a big fan of Young and the Restless and I also saw Brothers and watched Soul Train a few times and his bottom teeth where mess up. Even in the movie they where still jack up. I was shock that when he came to Oprah, they were fixed. I always wonder with the amount of money he made, why he never fixed them.

R&J
Mar 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Saw it this weekend, I liked it. Reminds me of "Soul Food" and "Big Mama's house."

SJW
Mar 8th, 2005, 04:51 PM
call the po po ho

while i was in the US that commercial kept coming on and this line kept making me laugh ROTF

harloo
Mar 8th, 2005, 05:04 PM
No, I've never seen a Tyler play. This will change as soon as he brings back his play to Atlanta. Did you notice that Shemar fixed his bottom teeth. I used to be a big fan of Young and the Restless and I also saw Brothers and watched Soul Train a few times and his bottom teeth where mess up. Even in the movie they where still jack up. I was shock that when he came to Oprah, they were fixed. I always wonder with the amount of money he made, why he never fixed them.

You mean to tell me you are in the ATL and haven't seen one of Tyler's plays yet? ROTF!! They are hilarious, you will enjoy it.

I did not notice Shemar got his teeth fixed, but I remember him in Brothers and my gf said his teeth is fu%$#! up. However she was in love with Shemar which got on my nerves. He did a pretty good job in the movie with Vivica Fox called Motives. It's one of those straight to DVD movies.

Infiniti2001
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Did you notice that Shemar fixed his bottom teeth. .

Oh my God YES!!!. Apparently he had them done after the filming of the flick. Bad teeth so turn me off :mad: so I was quite pleased when I noticed his smile on Oprah .. I pointed it out to my cousin during the movie and the folk behind us were cracking up :lol:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I saw it too--- What an awesome flick. It 's so nice to see black folk in normal situations :lol: I never got to see the plays so I'm happy with the movie. My only wish is that there was more Madea on screen :haha: :rolls:
I just saw it last night. I liked it. It was better than I thought it was going to be. I was moved to tears in the church scene in the end.

Madea is in the play more.

UDiTY
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I love Kimberly Elise so I definitely have to check it out.

Or should I wait til DVD?

Denise4925
Dayum and I still havent SEENT the movie lol. I saw all of Tyler perry's stage plays, but i cant find nobody to go see it wit me at the movies. And im not going to watch it bootleg. I'm trying to debate if im going to see it that this weekend or Robots.
Don't see it bootleg. You will be disappointed

Denise4925
Oh you need to see this one. Im telling you its a really good movie.
Tyler Perry is GREAT. Im trying to find the plays now.
Go to his website.

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM
What's messed up is his braids in DOMBW. He really needed them redone. Even my mother thought so and who knew she knew anything about that. :lol:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM
:lol: Damn, I thought this was the thread I started. :p

See: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153645

brickhousesupporter
Mar 8th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Go to his website.

Or check out your local bootlegger......If you don't want to pay $40 a dvd

ys
Mar 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
3.9 out of 10 on IMDB. End of story. Not even a B Movie. D Movie.

BigB08822
Mar 9th, 2005, 03:02 AM
I saw the play over at a friend's house one time. It was so funny. I will rent the movie when it comes out.

Infiniti2001
Mar 9th, 2005, 03:28 AM

You just can't look away can you ys?? Geez!!! Tyler used his own hard earned money to make this film, and guess what?? He's laughing all the way to bank-- so screw the critics :lol:

ys
Mar 9th, 2005, 04:14 AM
You just can't look away can you ys?? Geez!!! Tyler used his own hard earned money to make this film, and guess what?? He's laughing all the way to bank-- so screw the critics :lol:

Sure , as long as there is enough people who have extra money to spend, there will be people willing to earn those money, and the means of the earning will be chosen appropriate to the level of the former.

Rocketta
Mar 9th, 2005, 02:40 PM

Ha, like imdb is anywhere near accurate. :lol: Considering the general audience for this movie is older black church ladies.....yeah they spend a lot of time on imdb. :tape:

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that ys wishes he was black....why else would anyone spend so much time worrying about stuff that he claims is cultureless? :confused:

Hey ys, have a half-black kid then maybe (if you don't ruin their self-esteem with your negativity) you can live vicariously! :wavey:

harloo
Mar 9th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Ha, like imdb is anywhere near accurate. :lol: Considering the general audience for this movie is older black church ladies.....yeah they spend a lot of time on imdb. :tape:

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that ys wishes he was black....why else would anyone spend so much time worrying about stuff that he claims is cultureless? :confused:

Hey ys, have a half-black kid then maybe (if you don't ruin their self-esteem with your negativity) you can live vicariously! :wavey:

:lol:

ys
Mar 9th, 2005, 02:50 PM

I am thinking about it, but it is very difficult to decide, which half should be black - top or bottom.. :)

harloo
Mar 9th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I am thinking about it, but it is very difficult to decide, which half should be black - top or bottom.. :)

:smash: :smash:

brickhousesupporter
Mar 9th, 2005, 04:17 PM

I don't agree with anything you have to say, but I thought that was funny. Now go back to saying stupid shit so I can ignore you.

Dana Marcy
Mar 13th, 2005, 08:06 PM

Like IMDB was the movie's target audience. :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed it and I have to give props to KIMBERLY ELISE!!! She had so much depth even though at times I wanted to slap her character. :o I also liked the sista who played Debra the drug addict. She looked like Candy Alexander in The Corner.

Go Tyler! :bigclap: