View Full Version : The Contender Ringside Discussion Thread

bw2082
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:29 AM
:D

Discuss...

Alfonso vs Peter tonight

bw2082
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:55 AM
well alfonso won by unanimous decision ... I was only watching out of the corner or my eye but I could have sworn he was being beaten down on by the other guy lol

I guess that shows my lack of boxing knowledge or attention to the screen :tape:

Bright Red
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:46 AM
I'm watching this show. I've only missed one show--which turns out to be the one I most wanted to see (Ishe versus Akheem). This show rocks! And I'm really surprised this thread is so short (maybe you should rename the thread simply "The Contender").

It was pretty sad watching Najai tonight all the while knowing he'd committed suicide. Such a waste, but you could tell he was troubled just from tonight's show. It was also ironic to hear him say at the end -- and I paraphrase, "I did my best and my family was there supporting me. I have no reason to feel the agony I feel. I'm going to take this loss and grow stronger. I see only greatness in my future."

Rest in peace, Najai.

RatedR Superstar
Mar 21st, 2005, 04:05 AM
Ive seen the first 2 episode but im too busy to watch it anymore, and ive read about the suicide, what does Najai look like and is he in the west or east?

Bright Red
Mar 21st, 2005, 04:13 AM
Najai, to me, could have been the twin of Taye Diggs. He was from Philly. It's worth watching. I'll never look at boxing the same way again.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 21st, 2005, 05:22 AM
This is a cool show, I don't think that it will get the acclaim that it deserves because it deals with boxing. I really liked the fight between Ishe and Ahmed. It was really sad that Najai killed himself and on Valentines day. He must have really had problems.