PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Life Suck?

apoet29
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Can someone explain that to me? I am overworked and underpaid. I have no personal life anymore and admittedly, I am completely horny. Every day brings some new drama and I can never seem to break ahead. For example, today I found out that I missed yet another meeting at my third job due to a scheduling conflict and I know that I am going to get into deep trouble for that one, possibly being fired. My roommate's mom owns the house we live in and momma dearest decided she didn't want her name on the electric bill anymore so instead of turning the bill to her daughter, who was paying the bill anyway, she asked the electric company to turn the electricity off, meaning that I won't have electricity for three days. And every frickin day is like this. I know that I am bitching, but I just needed to vent.

kiwifan
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Third job? :scared:

Don't know your specifics (teacher, West VA, right?) but I found for myself a few years ago that you can't live for work.

You've got to figure out something else to eliminate in your life because you can't work your life away. You only get one run around in this life. :angel:

apoet29
Mar 7th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Third job? :scared:

Don't know your specifics (teacher, West VA, right?) but I found for myself a few years ago that you can't live for work.

You've got to figure out something else to eliminate in your life because you can't work your life away. You only get one run around in this life. :angel:

Right about the teacher in WVA part, but I need three jobs to pay my bills and travel so I can look for work outside of WV.

You're right. I wrote this in a moment of anger, but I really have no one to blame but myself.

AjdeNate!
Mar 7th, 2005, 11:52 PM
:hug: it'll be ok. life doesn't hand us anything more than we can handle. i promise!

JenFan75
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:06 AM
It sounds to me that life only sucks for you :tape:

I love life!

Rocketta
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:00 AM
awwww, Sumeeta you know I feel your pain. :hug: I think the answer is going to have to be a drastic change to shock us out of our complacency. :hug: :hug:

GBFH
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:08 AM
:hug:

*agrees with rocky*

don't get down, sumeeta. it'll get better....as soon as you get your booty down here to texas. you'll love it.

TM
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:35 AM
LIFE is LIVING. If you're born, you die. :yeah: so get over--er- it-- :)
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'll pray for you...honest :cool:

TM
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:36 AM
hint*hint* ----Write to Oprah!!! wooo--ooh... :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:54 AM
I'd be hating life as well if I had 3 jobs.

rocktheboat
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:38 AM
i sometimes feel like that too. im struggling to make ends meet and my girlfriend lives abroad. so i cant even have some love when i am tired!

Wojtek
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Here in Poland it's hard to find one job :rolleyes:

whitecamero
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Life doesn't suck. I think that most of us are pretty lucky. If you don't like what you're doing then figure out what you want to do. Figure out what will make you happy and make it happen. I believe that if you believe, you will achieve. It's worked for me. Life is a self-fulfilling prophecy. You've just got to believe...in yourself!

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:42 PM
apoet..just be thankful u have a job. There are some people that are homeless in other counties, little kids with aids and all other types of viruses, who are without their parents. People who see other people get blown up and killed every day, people have have been in car accidents and burned badly to where u cant recognize them anymore, people without limbs, and the list goes on.....if you look at WHAT YOU HAVE rather than what you DONT HAVE...you will see that you are VERY thankful. There and old school country saying "I complained about my shoes, until I met the man with no feet." Be thankful...things could be a lot worse....always remember that....keep ya head up...we've all been through hard time...this aint new to us..*especially black folks* you have to go through to get through.

TimBo
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Girl... U will be fine. Like Nate said.. life throws shitty, nasty ass things in your way..but its how you handle them that makes you a better person. I have had more than one job in the past... stayed stressed etc so I know what you mean. But you r a great girl.. so I know you will feel better.

apoet29
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
It sounds to me that life only sucks for you :tape:

I love life!

Gee, remind me to send you a thank you card! :rolleyes:

apoet29
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:23 PM
apoet..just be thankful u have a job. There are some people that are homeless in other counties, little kids with aids and all other types of viruses, who are without their parents. People who see other people get blown up and killed every day, people have have been in car accidents and burned badly to where u cant recognize them anymore, people without limbs, and the list goes on.....if you look at WHAT YOU HAVE rather than what you DONT HAVE...you will see that you are VERY thankful. There and old school country saying "I complained about my shoes, until I met the man with no feet." Be thankful...things could be a lot worse....always remember that....keep ya head up...we've all been through hard time...this aint new to us..*especially black folks* you have to go through to get through.

Don't get me wrong. I know what you are saying, but that really doesn't help me a lot. What you are talking about are extreme situations. What I am talking about is every day stresses. They are not the same. But thanks for trying.

JLDementieva
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I can't really say that life sucks for me, but it really could be a lot better...

adss
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM
at least you're not him...
http://www.funnypictures.dk/data/media/3/193.jpg

but seriously, hope everything works out.
"life sucks and then you die, so might as well make the most of it"

Kart
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:59 PM

This is good advice.

Personally I'd start by eliminating the landlady.

That would help with your frustration as well.

Wouldn't make you any less horny though I guess.

Kart
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I still think you're :hearts: as well if that helps.

apoet29
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:11 PM

Thank you. It does.:kiss:

CooCooCachoo
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Good luck overcoming these things. I myself have huge trouble actually finding a job. I quit my studies this year because it didn't suit me at all (mind you, it was not the grades; I was acing the boring stuff) and now I am still looking for a job so I can save some money. I have been bored for quite a while now :mad: It is annoying me. I wish it were September so I could start my new study program.

Infiniti2001
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:15 PM
3 jobs?? You're not Jamaican by any chance are you Sumeeta?? Just kidding :lol: Anyway, like my grandma told me a few days ago when I called to bitch about my job and being broke :haha: -- take it one day at a time.

Infiniti2001
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:17 PM

Are you cheating on me Doc?? :eek: :lol: :rolls:

Rocketta
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Are you cheating on me Doc?? :eek: :lol: :rolls:

He's cheating on all of us! :armed:

Josh B.
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:57 PM
We all have these bad phases in our lives, its better to not let them get to you, roll with the punches life throws at you.

Youll be fine!