PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 8, Arrested for Throwing a Tantrum

Wigglytuff
Mar 5th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Boy, 8, Arrested for Throwing a Tantrum

An 8-year-old boy was arrested and hauled away in hand cuffs on Tuesday for allegedly throwing a violent tantrum at his elementary school in Williamsburg, Va.

The Associated Press reports that police arrested the child after he allegedly had a violent outburst that included head-butting his teacher and kicking an assistant principal after he was told he couldn't go outside to play with the other students. He also allegedly tossed chairs and overturned a desk.

The boy, who is 4-feet tall, was led away from Rawls Byrd Elementary School in handcuffs and charged with disorderly conduct and assault and battery. "It's not something that happens every day," Maj. Stan Stout told AP, noting it could be the department's youngest arrest ever. The child was later released to his parents.

taken from netscape.com

ginger_fish668
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Oh dear, girls get sued for baking neighbour cookies...now a kid gets arrested for well....being a kid (ok, a kid with bit of a rage problem ;)), but still, handcuffs????

What's up with the authorities??? :cuckoo: :silly:

Josh B.
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:05 PM
im scared!

Josh B.
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Thats 1 violent kid :eek:

Knizzle
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:10 PM
As his parent I would have been arrested for giving him the whoopin of his life when I got him home.

fifiricci
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Serves him bloody right! :devil: Bet he's stuffed full of Es and artificial food stuffs too..............

Black Mamba.
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:14 PM
This kid needs some help, but don't the police have better things to do?

Wigglytuff
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:57 PM
This kid needs some help, but don't the police have better things to do?

good point.

Oh dear, girls get sued for baking neighbour cookies...now a kid gets arrested for well....being a kid (ok, a kid with bit of a rage problem ;)), but still, handcuffs????

What's up with the authorities??? :cuckoo: :silly:

ummm thats not what happened.

the girls got sued by some old ladies not "the authorities". and they knocked on this womans door after dark and then ran off. thats why they were sued not becaused they baked cookies.

as for this boy. i dont know if getting carded of to jail is ideal. but i also think there has to be something wrong with this kids parents.

Josh B.
Mar 5th, 2005, 05:00 PM
he might have an extra chromosome

The XYY Chromosome :eek:

griffin
Mar 7th, 2005, 01:26 PM
As his parent I would have been arrested for giving him the whoopin of his life when I got him home.

My bet is that if his parents were inclined to discipline him at all in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.

Kart
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:43 PM
My bet is that if his parents were inclined to discipline him at all in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.

You never know.

When I was at school the guy that caused the most trouble was the one whose father beat him regularly.

griffin
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:47 PM
You never know.

When I was at school the guy that caused the most trouble was the one whose father beat him regularly.

That's not discipline, that's abuse.

I do get your point, though.

I don't know what to make of the story, mostly because I don't trust the press story to be telling the whole story.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:50 PM
It's not always the parents fault. Some kids are just "bad seeds" :devil: It is usually the parents fault, though ;)

harloo
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Spare the rod, spoil the child. It's obvious he does not have any home training because he wouldn't be acting out in public.

Infiniti2001
Mar 7th, 2005, 11:50 PM
According to the boy's mom, he is a very troubled child who did not need the police involved--- he's been molested, locked up in an institution and spent some time in foster care :eek:

JenFan75
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:11 AM
They used my idea! I hate small children...>.>

Bacardi
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Sure, he should be punished because he sounded like a threat to the other students. But arrested? That's just crazy. Then again, I live in VA, so I can only imagine why that is. I bet they'd like to lock me up and throw away the key. :tape:

Rocketta
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:54 AM
well maybe since he is so young he will get some help and not pushed through the juvenile justice system.

Scotso
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:46 AM
What else are they going to do with him other than arrest him? Let him stay there and keep kicking people?

Maybe it will scare him into behaving a little.