PDA

View Full Version : If Kim & Justine don't play.. this will be the Belgian Fed Cup team !!!

Brαm
Mar 28th, 2002, 08:21 PM
If Kim decides not to play Fed Cup matches and Justine doesn't want to play because of all the pressure, this will be the Belgian FED CUP team:

* Els Callens (good choice, great in doubles, singles is getting at a top-100 level again!)

* Laurence Courtois (did a great job last year, good at doubles, has some good days in singles)

* Elke Clijsters (she is a Clijsters... She played a very good match in Antwerp and she's pretty good at doubles - just remember the Banana Bowl, altho that's not the same level..)

* Daphne Van de Zande (Belgian champion, good on clay, has never been selected before, I think..)

* Patty Van Acker (played well in Antwerp and has had good results this year in the Challengers! Currently injured though)

Do you think that this is a wise decision of Ivo Van Aken? I think Els & Laurence will have to play most matches! And are these 2 players good enough to beat Australia......? We'll see.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:26 AM
I read in a club that Kim now said that she wanted to play Fed Cup on the radio if her arm was up to it:

here is the message from the club:

Source: Belgian press, March 29, 2002

Kim's next tourney will be Hamburg, early May due to the fact
that
she has to take care of her injury.

The upcoming Australian- Belgian Fed Cup tie is scheduled end of
April. Kim had announced in February that she will not play Fed Cup
this year because of her health condition. A few days ago Kim told
on Flemish radio that she would play Fed Cup though if her arm is not
letting her down.
Belgian Fed Cup Team captain Ivo Van Aken said that he is going to
discuss the matter with Kim's father today (on Friday March 29).
He
hopes that Kim wants to get some match rhythm before Hamburg and is
rather optimistic that she will play against Australia. He
says "Look, I know about the seriousness of Kim's injury. In
case
Kim will not play against Australia, it will be because she
can't,
not because she doesn't want to."

Sounds good, But I heard she didn't think she'd play in Hamburg so her arm must be feeling alot better.

Also I really hope Elke gets selected in the team it would be a good experience.

This is really wierd cause I'm Australian but I want belgium to win:confused:

per4ever
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:06 AM
yep Kim said she would play if her arm didn't cause any trouble..if Kim plays then Justine will play too. I guess Elke and Els will play the doubles then.

Mattographer
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:31 AM
What!? If Kim don't want play the Federation Cup then Justine won't play? Why Justine want do that? :rolleyes:

carot
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:33 AM
I don't really understand why everyone choses Juju and Kimmie above Daphne, we're talking thé Daphne here! :D

oh Daphne *sigh* :hearts:

per4ever
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by AlexSydney
What!? If Kim don't want play the Federation Cup then Justine won't play? Why Justine want do that? :rolleyes:

because she can't or doesn't want to handle the pressure...

E. Blackadder
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I don't think Laurence Courtois will play the fed Cup! She said goodbye to professional tennis after Belgium won the Fed Cup 2001!
I'm pretty sure we can count on Kim AND juju for the Fed Cup against australia. Kim doesn't have any problem playing with her arm and Justine wil play if Kim's play, So I think the team for 2002 wil consist of: Kim Clijsters, Justine Hénin, Els Callens, Elke Clijsters (and maybe Daphne Van de Zande)

Come-on-kim
Mar 30th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Come on I want to see

Kim
Juju
Els
Elke
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

EVAspeed
Mar 30th, 2002, 11:10 PM
i believe in justine, but i respect whatever choice juju makes. :drool: (please play the fed cup)

are juju and kimmy kinda like "sisters" in tennis?

i don't really know much about kimmy as much as i wish i do.

xin_hui
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:05 AM
i think this decision of justine goes to show that she cannot really handle this amazing pressure of lifting up the entire fed cup team. i know, it's a tough job

arn
Mar 31st, 2002, 04:07 PM
I don't think Justine will play Fed-cup. Her schedule is so heavy! She plays nearly every week. She will probably take a week rest during that week. Or maybe she will play the first match, but not the second if victory is safe.

2ace2
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Go belgian fed cup team!!!
:D