PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas considering a Star Wars television series!

JennyS
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Lucas announces plans for new animated Star Wars series
by Hugh Ken Knott B. Seriuz

George Lucas has reached an agreement with the Fox television network for a new Star Wars series. Set to launch next fall, the series, tentatively called “The Binks Family” will follow the early years of the much maligned character Jar Jar Binks. The series will show young Jar Jar’s early adventures.

Although the character is unpopular with fans, Lucas believes a Jar Jar series will bring in huge ratings. “Look. Fans are going to be upset that there are no more movies, so they’ll be willing to watch any Star Wars series. I’m not making this show for the fans anyway. I’m making it for me. I love Jar Jar.”

For the new series, Ahmed Best will reprise his role as Jar Jar Binks. Eddie Murphy and Whoopi Goldberg will provide the voices of Jar Jar’s parents, Par Par and Mar Mar Binks, while Wayne Brady and Beyonce Knowles will do the voices of Jar Jar’s siblings, Har Har and Car Car.

The show’s first season budget is estimated to be $50 million and is slated to air on Friday nights at 8:00 on Fox. “I believe this will be one of the most successful shows in television history,” said Lucas.
------

Seriously though, there have been rumors floating around about a possible Star Wars show. It could be cool. As long as Jar Jar isn't in it!

PaulieM
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
bad idea

Scotso
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I agree, bad idea

volley1
Mar 4th, 2005, 03:10 PM
The rumored Star Wars series is supposed to set many years in the past. Focusing mostly on the early years of the jedi. Kevin Smith is said to be involved.

Tati & Dani
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
star wars :bounce:

_LuCaS_
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Better than nothing...I won't be able to watch it anyway :(

Dave B
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:03 PM
He just wants to continue the downhill trend of Star Wars. Unsurprising too, as no matter how bad it gets we all keep paying up....

Lord Nelson
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Didn't Lucas make a movie on Chewbacca's familly, titled something such as Star Wars Christmas?

cynicole
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Didn't Lucas make a movie on Chewbacca's familly, titled something such as Star Wars Christmas?

Yes. There was a Star Wars TV special which is locked in a vault and will never see the light of day (as long as George is alive anyway) and it had a featurette on Chewbacca's family, amongst other cringingly horrible things.

I never watched "Droids" but I remember the "Ewok" stuff was pretty horrible...especially the one where some giant carniverous creature wiped out the entire Ewok village save "Wicket" or whatever the hell his name was and two human children.

None of the Star Wars made-for-tv stuff ever really worked.

Does anyone else remember the public service announcements where C3PO caught R2-D2 with a cigarette?

Rocketta
Mar 5th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Hey I think it's going to suck but I'm all for anything that will give black actors a J-O-B. :yeah:

~ The Leopard ~
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:19 AM
:lol: