PDA

View Full Version : Which city will host the 2012 olympics?

-Ph51-
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:52 AM
What do you think?

SilK
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Moscow! :woohoo:

Beefy
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:53 AM
London!

CooCooCachoo
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM
London :worship:

-Ph51-
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I hope Paris :)

Alvarillo
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Madrid :)

xr6turbo
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:53 AM
New York! :D

vertigo
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:00 PM
London

Alvarillo
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Why Madrid 2012?
Let's Go And See :)
http://www.madrid2012.es/Amigos2M12/VideoEntrevistas.asp?CodPag=VideosCandidatura&s_fecha=&palabrasClave=

Monica_Rules
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I think its between London and Paris.

Madrid and Moscow don't think so its been in both those countries in the past 25 years.

New York- Doubful after the 58% support

-Ph51-
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I think its between London and Paris.

Madrid and Moscow don't think so its been in both those countries in the past 25 years.

Indeed :)

stenen
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I hope Paris.

Mateo Mathieu
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:15 PM
London because I hope they can play on grass at Wimbledon! :devil: LOL! I don't think it will happens, anyway! :o

Tati & Dani
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I vote for London

Wigglytuff
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:09 PM

i hope you are right, most new yorkers are not in favor of the olympiccs coming to town. its something the mayor and his ilk want. plus the games were in the united states of red states and blues states in 1996.

anyway, i hope its paris. i would love it if it were.

PaulieM
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:31 PM
london or paris but i voted for paris

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:51 PM
its between London and Paris
and Paris is the fav.

it will be a major laugh if London gets it and then 12 months later say we dont have the funding.
they had the World Athletics Champs and then they couldnt find anywhere to build the track. Total embarrassment :help:

Madrid wont get it, too close after Barcelona 92 :o, dont even know how they even made final 5 :o, plus whats happened in the football matches is gonna be a big NO NO.

Moscow outsiders too :( :( (probably get voted off in 1st rd, thats between Madrid and Moscow to get booted off 1st).

kiwifan
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I don't want the Olympics back in the USA for a while.

Loved Atlanta but I can happily wait for another one.

London would be great...I can hear the whinging of the locals already. :devil:

Barrie_Dude
Mar 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM
New York, New York! The City so nice, they named it twice!

alexusjonesfan
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Paris came 3rd for the 2008 games, their bid should be the most thought out this time around ;)

-Ph51-
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:55 PM
bumpy

flyingmachine
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:09 PM
London :D

Kuilli
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Paris

_LuCaS_
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Paris is fav

ys
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Moscow is nice , but it is too far. New York is an ugly and dirty place but it is close. Madrid won't win it Spain had it quite recently... plus terrorism.. It is between London and Paris. I hope Paris carries it. Than we can have two French Opens in one summer. Having two Wimbledons would be too much..

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:37 PM
New York is an ugly and dirty place

Just like you...Why do you even live in the US? Typical...:rolleyes:

ys
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Why do you even live in the US? Typical...:rolleyes:

Some people have to give you a hand to elevate your national average IQ level above 100.. :lol:

daniela86
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Paris is the fave :D :D i also hope Paris will host it coz i'll have a chance to be in crowd :) :aparty: :) :cool:

Farina Elia Fan
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:38 PM
london :)

Wiggly
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:07 PM
It's between Paris, London and New York...

My choice: New York cux I could have see Vancouver 2010 and New York 2012 :)

My prediction: Paris because they already got so many sports building... :rolleyes:

timray
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:11 PM
London or Paris but i voted for London

CondiLicious
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:21 PM
I voted London because that's who I want to win. Having the Olympics in the UK would be great. (even though I most probably wont be living here then) But I think Paris will most probably get it.

spiceboy
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:36 PM
its between London and Paris
and Paris is the fav.

it will be a major laugh if London gets it and then 12 months later say we dont have the funding.
they had the World Athletics Champs and then they couldnt find anywhere to build the track. Total embarrassment :help:

Madrid wont get it, too close after Barcelona 92 :o, dont even know how they even made final 5 :o, plus whats happened in the football matches is gonna be a big NO NO.

Moscow outsiders too :( :( (probably get voted off in 1st rd, thats between Madrid and Moscow to get booted off 1st).

Completely agree, Eggy..though I would go further and say that Paris is by far the favourite. IMO it would be a HUGE surprise if London (the 2nd option) would take it :o

Probably Madrid is one of the best (if not the best) option to celebrate the Games (talking about site locations/popularity/backing from the government) and believe me, I'm not a chauvinist at all ;) but Barcelona's shadow is still there and simply by that reason there's a clear NO -sad, but true-
Terrorism? Yeah, but I don't think NYC, London, Paris with Al Qaeda behind and Moscow with the Chechens would be a safer bet. I know there's still ETA here but there was ETA in 1992 too (and as a matter of fact way stronger than nowadays) but nothing happened (when four years later, Atlanta DID suffer a terrorist attack). Plus, Madrid is the only big capital in Europe that hasn't hosted the Games. I definetely can see them in Madrid in the next 15-20 years :)

selking
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:45 PM
french people are so rude so fuck taht and so are new yorkers. I'll go with London, even tho im not so hot on taht either.

Josh B.
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I know this is totally off topic, but Selking, you have excellent music taste!! :D

sorry to everyone else!!

GO NEW YORK!! :D :bounce:

selking
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:08 AM
I know this is totally off topic, but Selking, you have excellent music taste!! :D

sorry to everyone else!!

GO NEW YORK!! :D :bounce:

HA.. i thought you were gonna call me an asshole or something

OUT!
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I want New York, definitely not Madrid after that racist football incident. Awful choice.

potty
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:20 AM
London for me ;)

Veritas
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:25 AM
NYC is the greatest metropolis on earth, so hopefully they will grab the 2012 Olympics.

spiceboy
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:26 AM
I want New York, definitely not Madrid after that racist football incident. Awful choice.

Of course I'm not excusing them...but people who shouted these racist insults are the same shit as hooligans in the UK. I don't think you can judge all English fans as hooligans because they are not. The same here with 'ultras', they're the most radical (and definetely less significant) fans -if you could call them fans-

Still a very negative thing against Madrid option made way bigger by the British press ;)

Veritas
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:30 AM
^^^

Racist football fans are everywhere. The Chinese at the Asian Cup were just as bad, yet Beijing still has the '08 Olympics.

The incident was just marred by drunk fools, not the entire city. So I reckon Madrid shouldn't be easily brushed aside just because of a few retarded barbarians.

Lord Chips
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Anywhere but London

OUT!
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Of course I'm not excusing them...but people who shouted these racist insults are the same shit as hooligans in the UK. I don't think you can judge all English fans as hooligans because they are not. The same here with 'ultras', they're the most radical (and definetely less significant) fans -if you could call them fans-

Still a very negative thing against Madrid option made way bigger by the British press ;)
Point taken except that in the UK such persons would be subject to criminal prosecution.

-Ph51-
Mar 5th, 2005, 08:17 AM
:)

Josh B.
Mar 5th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Ive recently come back from New York, and its amazing.
I want them to host the olympics!

Tenisci
Mar 5th, 2005, 09:05 AM
New York :)