PDA

View Full Version : I am going to Washington D.C. What is there to do?

selesfan1
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I will arrive next Tuesday night. I will be busy most of the time on Wednesday because I am to going to National Council of La Raza's Advocacy day. So I am going to a training session so that on Thursday Morning I can go to my state's legislators and lobby them on certain issues. More than anything it is an opportunity for my college to get photo op's. There is also a gala Wednesday night but Thursday afternoon is pretty free so does anyone have any recommendations. Also I will be arriving at Reagan. Someone mentioned we could take the Metro to the Hotel but would they allow luggage on the Subway? So please keep me in your prayers and good thoughts because I am sooo nervous becasue I just do not like flying at all.But definetly recommend some things to do and just the vibe of the city. If you want to be crazy and meet I might be up for that LOL.

tucker1989
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:45 AM
That's cool, I've been to DC many times. Check out Georgetown, cool shops and restaurants, also, take advantage of the museums, there are actually some pretty cool ones. I'm sure that luggage would be allowed on the subway. Have a great time in an awesome city!!!

kabuki
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:28 AM
I live in DC. I can tell you what to do, but I need a profile....

1. Sex
2. Orientation
3. Age
4. Interests
5. $

Lord Nelson
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM
There are a variety of museums that you can visit. The space one is pretty cool. You can also check the big mall at Pentagon City that can be accessible via the metro which is one of the coolest modes of transport. Of course you can visit the White House, the Washington monument etc..as well as Arlington Cemetry. For the night life you can go to Adams Morgan area or Georgetown.

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I was in DC last weekend...Stayed at the Jusist Washington Hotel in Dupont Circle...They have at wonderful resturant...Went to a party in MD and kicked it at the edge and the Delta...:tape:

Wigglytuff
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM
i went to dc last weekend to visit my best friend from college.

aside from the national monuments & buildings we went to:

the botanical garden
native american museum
art museum
natural history museum (saw the hope diamond & imax movies)
the apple store (lol forgot my ipod charger, had to buy a new one)