PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Season 4 sucks so far!

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry but this season...is really suffering for talent compared to last year. I dont like the way they have changed the 3rd round (NO WILDCARD SHOW!)and the new 12 boys/12 girls rule. I dont think that is fair because you can't catagorize talent by sex. It seem like the judges this year focused too much on attractive people with decent voices rather than RAW talent from the contestants. Its like i'm watching America's Next top Model rather than American Idol. The contestant from last year would sing circles around this seasons talent....thats just my take on it.

Rocketta
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:44 AM
I agree with you. This season lacks...........*it* you know the *it* they talk about the contestants lacking when they cut all the good singers. :tape:

No really I think almost everyone on the show is dry as toast this season. I hope they evaluate what they did differently this season and change it back to the old way. :rolleyes:

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I know a lot of people feel that way....They just wanted some cute people for the teenie boppers to fall head over heels for...*reguardless of how they sound* Look like i will be tuning in to America's Next top model this spring.

Rocketta
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:58 AM
I know a lot of people feel that way....They just wanted some cute people for the teenie boppers to fall head over heels for...*reguardless of how they sound* Look like i will be tuning in to America's Next top model this spring.

I don't have that option. :tears:

PointBlank
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Bo sucks..I have no idea how they praise him saying hes good..ew..

Pengwin
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:31 PM
It sucks because last year we had Latoya and noone this year comes anywhere near.

harloo
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I've posted the same sentiment in the original AO 2005 thread, and here I am ranting again.:lol: Last season's contestants were more likeable, talented, and had a certain appeal.

I am disgusted that AI this year is just going by looks. I agree all the decent singers were kicked out of the competition early.

ANTM 4 for me this time around, but I am a little pissed off about that one also. The sista with the red afro is ghetto as hell, and the girl who came back and got picked needs to stop all that crying. :lol:

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Believe it or not there are a lot of people that feel this way...especially black folks. It seem this year they are really trying not to have another African American winner...and they don't want another female winner as well. They sent home a lot of people that could sing well. Not a lot of people are into this season show.

Dave B
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Believe it or not there are a lot of people that feel this way...especially black folks. It seem this year they are really trying not to have another African American winner...and they don't want another female winner as well. They sent home a lot of people that could sing well. Not a lot of people are into this season show.

I disagree. There are a lot of black people...they just didn't get good people of any race :tape:

skanky~skanketta
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:30 AM
I don't have that option. :tears:

girl you just being bitchy cuz david got booted!:lol: ;) :tape: ;)

but i agree. noby here this year seems to have the x-factor except maybe mario and nadia but their ranges aren't all that. no powerhouses here thats whats lacking. last year, there was latoya, diana and jennifer. there isn't anyone who performs like fantasia (nadia is the only one that comes close and even so, it isnt even close) we have plenty of jasmine trias' though. :tape:

Rocketta
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:47 AM

but he could really sing! :bigcry:

but i agree. noby here this year seems to have the x-factor except maybe mario and nadia but their ranges aren't all that. no powerhouses here thats whats lacking. last year, there was latoya, diana and jennifer. there isn't anyone who performs like fantasia (nadia is the only one that comes close and even so, it isnt even close) we have plenty of jasmine trias' though. :tape:

:lol:

Brooks.
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:55 AM

jasmine trias = death :tape:

Brooks.
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:57 AM
I've posted the same sentiment in the original AO 2005 thread, and here I am ranting again.:lol: Last season's contestants were more likeable, talented, and had a certain appeal.

I am disgusted that AI this year is just going by looks. I agree all the decent singers were kicked out of the competition early.

ANTM 4 for me this time around, but I am a little pissed off about that one also. The sista with the red afro is ghetto as hell, and the girl who came back and got picked needs to stop all that crying. :lol:

i know what you mean.......why the heck did they let that red head girl in.....there were at least 5 other girls that looked ten times better than her.....and doesnt she have like a big gap in her teeth :tape:

Fantastic
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Keep in mind that a lot of the contestants are probably very green right now and hence seem untalented. But I'm sure they will be moulded over time in this show and suddenly a Kelly, a Ruben or a Fantasia will emerge from the compost heap called American Idol. A winner will emerge and he or she will be shine for a minute or two. The talent in America must be thinning out though after four seasons.

If Simon had it his way, in the space of one episode he could probably whittle the entire show down to a Top 10 from the hundreds he saw all over the country. He might be cast as the villain of the show, but the Pommy bastard knows his shit and desperately wants to cull them in order to save the world from their un-melodic weapons of mass destruction.

Princess Fiona
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm actually enjoying this season more than last season. :) (Though what I saw of American Idol 2 is my fave... I think that show might be my favourite reality show ever. :) ) I don't know, I really like a lot of the contestants this year (I think the men are fantastic!! And the women too... I am really hoping that Lindsey makes it to the final 12 because I looooove her voice. :) If she doesn't... *sulk* ;) And I think Nadia is great... ).

I didn't like THAT elimination show though...

I say I'm not gonna be sucked into these shows... *squeak* I get addicted... Heeeeelp... :o ;)

Bo Bice!! :hearts: What a man... I think he's great... *swoons* ;)

I hope it will pick up for those who are not really enjoying it right now. :)

Dava
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Too be honest the whole Idol concept is starting to fail worldwide. Sure while some acts do continue to be successfull like Kelly Clarkson, Will Young, Girls Aloud etc. the winner of Pop Idol 2 in the UK is nowhere to be seen. Talent is one thing, but its not just aout that. In the states you guys have been lucky cos Kelly Clarkson and Fantasia Borino, were not only great singers, but they also had charisma and great character. I think theres only so many times your going to be able to pick that out on those types of shows.

harloo
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Keep in mind that a lot of the contestants are probably very green right now and hence seem untalented. But I'm sure they will be moulded over time in this show and suddenly a Kelly, a Ruben or a Fantasia will emerge from the compost heap called American Idol. A winner will emerge and he or she will be shine for a minute or two. The talent in America must be thinning out though after four seasons.

If Simon had it his way, in the space of one episode he could probably whittle the entire show down to a Top 10 from the hundreds he saw all over the country. He might be cast as the villain of the show, but the Pommy bastard knows his shit and desperately wants to cull them in order to save the world from their un-melodic weapons of mass destruction.

To be honest last season at this stage the performers were giving pretty consistent performances. They were interesting and had good voices. I did not like Jasmine Trias voice, but she at least had something likeable about her. Diana Degarmo was pretty good also, even though she was too young and not polished enough to compete with The Three Diva's.

I just think now the show is taking the low road by going for looks. Their were some talented singers in the competition but they were let go because they were too fat, too odd looking, or just too damn old.

R&J
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:45 PM
To be honest last season at this stage the performers were giving pretty consistent performances. They were interesting and had good voices. I did not like Jasmine Trias voice, but she at least had something likeable about her. Diana Degarmo was pretty good also, even though she was too young and not polished enough to compete with The Three Diva's.

What? :eek: Diana was not polished enough to compete with the three diva's? Diana blew them away in my opinion. Yes she was young, but the girl has some amazing pipes and was awesome every night except the final :sad:
A shame that she had that one mess up in the "Dont cry out loud" performance. Other than that, she rocked every time. That is why she made it to the final. I guess we just have different opinions and thats fine, but Diana in my opinion blew them all away with her voice.

BigB08822
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I am not like it this year either. Every year, since the very beginning of Idol, I have been obsessed with someone. Someone always has come out with an amazing voice and just wowed me. First it was Kelly Clarkson (still her biggest fan and my favorite ever), then there was Kimberley Locke and finally Latoya! NOw though, no one has come out with an amazing voice. I really liked Janay during auditions but she sucks now. Joseph Mureno was so hot with a great voice (I don't usually prefer male singers) but he gets voted out and with no wild card has no chance of coming back. :( Carrie Underwood is great but doesnt have the power I like. The only one to thrill me so far has been Mikalah! Which is scary because I can't stand her talking voice or her antics. However, this week she just sang and she proved she really does have an amazing voice.

harloo
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
What? :eek: Diana was not polished enough to compete with the three diva's? Diana blew them away in my opinion. Yes she was young, but the girl has some amazing pipes and was awesome every night except the final :sad:
A shame that she had that one mess up in the "Dont cry out loud" performance. Other than that, she rocked every time. That is why she made it to the final. I guess we just have different opinions and thats fine, but Diana in my opinion blew them all away with her voice.

I felt Diana had good range, but very little control. Compared to the three diva's she could not match up when performing. I think the term,"Three Diva's" become derragatory to the voting public, and that's the reason two were eliminated.
Degarmo's was too young and less experienced which was her downfall at the end.

If Fantasia was not in the competition she would of won this competition. Noone could even touch Fantasia's stage presence on AI 3. Even if you did not like her unique voice, she had a way of moving you.

Of course this is JMO.

Becool
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I think Aloha has the it!

She's a great singer, and that Work It Out performance was everything :dance:

griffin
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM

See, I thought always thought Degarmo was weak. Sweet, but weak. Tea made from recycled leaves weak. I was floored on more than one occasion last season when other singers got booted and she (and a few others ) made it to the next round. I've also felt that on average, this group have better voices than last season's (which is not to say I think anyone contestant is better/more interesting than Fantasia, just that as a group, they seem pretty strong) although I freely admit I'm not watching as much.

Perception is a funny thing, ain't it?

UDiTY
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I don't really see a star like Kelly or Fantasia this season.

Maybe Mikala has that star power, and she's different like tasia.

But last year was alot more exciting and the people were more diverse. There is more talent this season tho.

Hopefully by the top 12 everyone will break outta their shells and we'll see what they're really all about.

harloo
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I don't really see a star like Kelly or Fantasia this season.

Maybe Mikala has that star power, and she's different like tasia.

But last year was alot more exciting and the people were more diverse. There is more talent this season tho.

Hopefully by the top 12 everyone will break outta their shells and we'll see what they're really all about.

I will have to agree. Kelly, Fantasia, and a few others had that star quality. Somehow this group does not move me much. I just don't feel like anyone is standing out as a superstar.

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 7th, 2005, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry but diana degarmo couldn't hold a candle to the 3 divas...actually she should have left b4 George did....she had a nice voice...but she did a lot of yelling trying to sound like them. Those girls had RAW talent......Diana has a nice voice...but she comes no where close to singing better than them. Those girls were on a totally different level.

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:02 AM

I hate this season's AI

As for ANTM4 I HATE THAT RED AFRO...It's horrible. :p

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:05 AM

I agree, because what's the fat black guy's name? He's tone deaf and agrees with everyting Simon says, and Paula lives in the land of rose colored glasses. But, Simon tells the truth all of the time.

R&J
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry but diana degarmo couldn't hold a candle to the 3 divas...actually she should have left b4 George did....she had a nice voice...but she did a lot of yelling trying to sound like them. Those girls had RAW talent......Diana has a nice voice...but she comes no where close to singing better than them. Those girls were on a totally different level.

Diana could out sing all of them.

Rocketta
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Diana could out sing all of them.

not if she had to move and sing....:unsure:

I'm sorry Diana could sing well but the minute they added anything to her performance she couldn't do it. They all could sing but the difference was stage presence and here is where Diana lagged horribly behind.

jbone_0307
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:49 AM

Jennifer Hudson couldn't sing worth crap. She butchered up so many songs including Whitney Houston's "Its not right". She should have been gone long before she did.