PDA

View Full Version : Wildcards

Jem
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Highly-touted 15-year-old Sesil Karatantcheva of Bulgaria, young Americans Angela Haynes, Jamea Jackson, Alexa Glatch and Jessica Kirkland, and Viktoriya Kutuzova of the Ukraine have received wild cards into the women's main draw.

Qualifying wildcards will be announced later.

Great for Glatch -- hope she can get a win!

alwayshingis
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Yay Jessica!!!!!!!!!!

Anik
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Jessica Kirkland !!!!!!!!! :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
go Vika ;) :D :)

AleOrtu
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
Good for:

-Sesil Karatantcheva
-Angela Haynes
-Viktoriya Kutuzova

All players from LRWTT!! Good luck to them! :D

goldenlox
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
I'm surprised Vika got a WC. She's almost 17, and barely in the top 500.

Buitenzorg
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
:)

Paldias
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
What the hell? They are going to make Shenay Perry qualify over Viktoriya Kutuzova who coudln't even have gotten into the Qualifying Draw. What a joke.

brunof
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:09 AM
What the hell? They are going to make Shenay Perry qualify over Viktoriya Kutuzova who coudln't even have gotten into the Qualifying Draw. What a joke.

I think Vika is signed with IMG, same as Maria, so naturally they would like to see her get a WC, plus she has well over half of her points from last year came from this tournament. Shenay is also 20 years old, and plus Viktoriya is much more likely to draw publicity than Shenay could. We've seen that on the board. :lol:

*hingis_forever*
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Isn't Shenay Perry still injured? :confused:

Paldias
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Isn't Shenay Perry still injured? :confused:

She's expected to return this week, she's on the Entry List.

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Good luck Sesil!!!!

brunof
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:10 AM
She's expected to return this week, she's on the Entry List.

You really didn't have to bad rep me -- but then again we have a long history of going back and forth. And to think, we actually got a long at one point.

All I did was state my opinion on the truth. Shenay has never drawn much attention to herself -- you should know that since you are her biggest fan. Kutuzova is another decent looking blonde...just what IMG (Anna Kournikova at one point) and the WC commitees seem to embrace. I'm definately not putting down Shenay, because we both know that everyone loves the teeny-bopper sensation story, just see posts from 2 years ago on Viktoriya. Hell, Monique V is a perfect example of this whole concept. Got her ass whopped by a Jane Chi, yet she is probably the most asked about player who has never won a match! You don't see anyone giving WC's to Casoni now do you? :rolleyes:

Vut
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Go! Sesil!!

sesilfan
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:42 AM
go sesil!

Shoulderpova
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Вика :bowdown::bowdown:

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Good luck Jamea and Angela too!!!

daniela86
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:58 PM
yeah Sesil!!! :kiss: :kiss: :D
Vika :) :aparty: :aparty: :kiss: :D :cool:

urklerlay
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:55 AM
vicky on the practice courts last year at Indian Wells
http://www.pbase.com/nomalt/image/27015210/original.jpg

Daniel
Mar 5th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Sesil :D

polishprodigy
Mar 5th, 2005, 03:31 AM
I think Viktoriya got a WC because in her good old days she was a Quarterfinalist here (or made the 2R at least) (or maybe that was Miami lol..)

Darop.
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I think Viktoriya got a WC because in her good old days she was a Quarterfinalist here (or made the 2R at least) (or maybe that was Miami lol..)

:lol:

her good old days, shes bloody 15 :p

FERLKE
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Viktoriya Kutuzova is a great player she is only 17!!!
Good Luck & win some matches!!!