PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about Delta Goodrem?

Brooks.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:59 AM
I remember hearing her during a clip that espn played during the aussie open and i was wondering what the song was and if she had an album with it on it. I think it goes something like "I can sing a rainbow" This girl has an amazing voice......any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Dan23
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:04 AM
Hi :D
Im not a fan really but a search found she has a website www.deltagoodrem.com ;)
..and her last album is:

http://noted.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/deltagoodrem_1.jpg

Delta Goodrem "Mistaken Identity" album tracklisting:
1. Out Of The Blue
2. The Analyst
3. Mistaken Identity
4. Sanctuary
5. Little Too Late
6. Be Strong
7. Last Night On Earth
8. Almost Here (Duet with Brian McFadden)
9. Miscommunication
10. Electric Storm
11. Extraordinary Boy
12. Fragile
13. Disorientated (Bonus Track)
14. You Are My Rock (Bonus Track)

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:06 AM
Can anyone tell me what's the name of the "rainbow" song she sang? :)

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:06 AM
:lol: Ya beat me Dan! ;) I'm not a big fan of Delta, but I do like most of the songs she released - cept Born to Try REALLY irritates me for some reason! :lol: She's not really popular in Ireland or England right now though, coz everyone thinks she stole brian McFadden from his wife! ;)

Sam L
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:08 AM
I know she makes good rum.

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:08 AM
Can anyone tell me what's the name of the "rainbow" song she sang? :)

hmm dunno, but I can tell you that it ain't "Out of the Blue" or "Mistaken Identity". ;)

Gowza
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:09 AM
she's australia, has many #1's in australia already from her first album, got a #1 hit from her 2nd album to, im not a fan but the first album was way better imo. she has a good recording voice, cant sing all that great live (she was quite bad at the aria's but that kasey chambers girl was a lot worse, had to cover my ears). from what ive heard from alot of people the 2nd album wont do anywhere near as well as her first. but she does have a big following i think.

Dan23
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:09 AM
I dont think its one of her own songs...I think it was done just for an ad

Gowza
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:11 AM
isnt she a pepsi girl now?

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:14 AM
peps i girl? I didn't hear that one!

Gowza
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:22 AM
peps i girl? I didn't hear that one!

wasnt she on a pepsi ad?

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:24 AM
dunno, I rarely watch tv these days, so it's quite possible! :lol:

Princess Sarah.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:39 AM
Delta rocks
her innocent eyes album is great
check it out if u get the chance :yeah:

Mattographer
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:25 AM
She's overrated! :rolleyes:

Purple_Llama
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:37 PM
wasnt she on a pepsi ad?

Yup,her & the poo were both Pepsi faces together-lol
Delta's also apparently filmed a small role on the TV show "Lost" too where she sings (one can only wonder) to try & launch a career in America.

Fantastic
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
In her Pepsi ad, Delta plays the heavenly goddess in the clouds who supposedly presides over the players in the "We Will Rock You" ad with Pink, Britney Spears, Beyonce and Enrique Iglesias. She's also on the bus stop billboards. When Poo broke up with Delta, his ads mysteriously disappeared. I think he's been dropped.

"I Can Sing A Rainbow" is a song kids sing when they're in kindergarten and learning their colours. It goes something like, "Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue / I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too."

Delta was due to perform "Almost Here" with Brian McFadden on the Australian MTV Awards tonight. For the record, the Brits are stupid if they believe everything the tabloids write. Just enjoy the music and leave out all the other crap.

The second album hasn't taken off as much as the first one. The main reason being her media overexposure and the sympathy card with her cancer. It was never something she wanted, I suspect, but the media have inadvertently destroyed her by being supportive.

The reason Delta sang badly at the Aria's was because of an audio problem with her ear mike. It was cutting in and out and messing up her timing and pitch. She eventually yanked it out and sang the rest of the song better. That, and her voice was still not back to its best yet after her time spent away recovering from her cancer.

I like some of her songs. I love "Born To Try," "Lost Without You" and "Predictable". The other songs I could live with or without. Doesn't bother me.

Experimentee
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
I love 'Born to try' and 'Innocent Eyes'. I dont really care for the rest, although I think she is a great singer and a very talented artist. Much better than the current pop tarts like Britney etc.

Fat Frog
Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
She's not really popular in Ireland or England right now though, coz everyone thinks she stole brian McFadden from his wife! ;)

I don't actually think thats true. I would say most Irish people don't have any problem with Delta (can't speak for english people). Its brian they have the problem with. He's been in the papers non stop about how he hates all the media coverage but he keeps adding to it. The guy is a self-obsessed wanker. If there are a few Irish people who don't have respect for Delta its probably because shes going out with such a tosser.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
A few top 10 hits in the UK and a good selling album, i'd say she was popular.

I'd like to know more about the beautiful songstress though away from the music :hehehe:

New
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:43 PM
I think her second album deserves a listening... i was only okay with it at first, but found it to be better with each listening....

From the first album, I like Not me, Not I, Lost without you, Butterfly and Innocent eyes.

From the 2nd album, I like Out of the blue, The Analyst, Sanctuary, Last Night On Earth, Almost Here, Miscommunication, Electric Storm and Disorientated.

pinkfrog
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
that commercial for australia was awesome!!!! that was the first time i'd ever heard of delta. as soon as i knew who it was i bought both of her cds from ebay (they're not here in the states) and i love love love both of them. i think innocent eyes is the best of the two, but almost here is my fav song right now!!! i can't wait for her next one.

CondiLicious
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:07 PM
I love Delta. Her 2 albums would be in my Top 5 favourite albums ever list :lol: I think I prefer Innocent Eyes to Mistaken Identity but it really depends on my mood. She's not made a crap song yet... cept maybe for "Miscommunication" cause the lyrics are shite.

If there were 5 Delta songs I would recommend people who don't know much about her to download they would be:

1. Not Me, Not I
2. Lost Without You
3. Be Strong
4. Innocent Eyes
5. In My Own Time

oh and

Born To Try :hearts:

and oh... all her songs are sooooooo good.

*obsessed*

and I hate all the shit the UK tabloids are saying about Delta. Insinuating that she's a homewrecker. As if! Brian and Kerry were over before he got with Delta and them trying to paint Delta as some kind of ho is just pathetic. She's so not like that. But... I personally can't stand Brian McFadden... never have never will. Even when Westlife first started I found him an annoying prick. I do think "Almost Here" is a good song though. Delta could easily find someone better than him but if he makes her happy... :) GRRRR Delta should turn lesbo and come and find me :drool:

Delta's soooo pretty :hearts:

http://www.undercover.com.au/pics/deltagoodrem2003dec.jpg

http://www.undercover.net.au/pics/deltagoodrem2004.jpg

Spunky83
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
:lol: Ya beat me Dan! ;) I'm not a big fan of Delta, but I do like most of the songs she released - cept Born to Try REALLY irritates me for some reason! :lol: She's not really popular in Ireland or England right now though, coz everyone thinks she stole brian McFadden from his wife! ;)

Are u kidding me? The guy who has cheated on his "soon-to-be-ex-wife" at his bachelor-party?!? THAT guy? :rolleyes:

...and her second album is remarkable, very personal, very poetic, nice lyrics overall. Especially love "extraordinary day"...being in such a situation really is extraordinary though it turned out ok in my case.

Hachiko
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:35 PM
Yes, I hated her first song but now I like her alot more.

Farina Elia Fan
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
I love Delta Goodrem :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

My favourite song by her is the duet with Brian 'Almost here'

but i also love 'lost without you' and 'not me, not i'

Delta is my favourite artist by far :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Josh B.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Ive not listened to any of her songs before! :tape:

Allez-H
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Oh,she's really good besides 'Out of the blue' I haven't listened anything from her second album but her first is great.Magnificent voice and pianoskill :worship:

Hayato
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
I know her enough to know that it's GoodrEm ;)

She has some good songs, they're all cheesy tho ;)

She's v. popular here in Aus. :)

F-R-E-A-K
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:51 PM
Delta is great! :kiss:

azza
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Delta rocks :hearts: Her 1st album was WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better then her 2nd though