PDA

View Full Version : Whos goign to the Mardi Gras on Sat

azza
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:55 AM
Im going with some gay friends hope its good :worship: what time does it start anyone know

F-R-E-A-K
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:01 AM
:wavey: Azza

7.45pmParade starts at Elizabeth Street and proceeds along Liverpool, Oxford and Flinders streets, ending at Moore Park Road. Moore Park Road and Driver Avenue remain closed to allow parade vehicles to exit the route. There is no public viewing in this area.

11pmThe last float will arrive at the end area. Street cleaning will begin quickly. The police will coordinate the program of re-opening streets.

PointBlank
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:03 AM
Wow..Aussie Mardi Gras sounds boring. :yawns:

azza
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:04 AM
Oh why cant it start earlier :(

Philbo
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:10 AM
Parade or Party? Im over the Parade but the party starts at 10pm..

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:30 AM
ooh! I totally forgot about Mardi Gras... guess I'll be watching in my room alone...wouldn't dare to watch in front of my Dad! :lol: He'd just start sprouting homophobic shite as usual! ;)

Mattographer
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:26 AM
My friend asked me to come with her this Saturday night but I don't know... I went there last year and I don't enjoyed at all.

SM
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:26 AM
im going clubbing on oxford friday but no mg for me

Mattographer
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
I don't know as my friend asked me to go with her since she's bisexual. I went there last year and I don't enjoyed at all. I guess, that's because I don't talk to anyone besides the people I know! lol Plus, she's 17 which means she won't stay there after the parade like clubbing so yeah, not worthy to going there for.

SM
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
u found it boring alex?

i went once but dont remember anything because i was too tooo tooo drunk. unbelievably drunk...

Purple_Llama
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Is it even televised anymore? The hype around it seems to have died down.

Svennovitch
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
What's Mardi gras in Australia? Over here Mardi Gras means 'fat Tuesday' and is the last day of Carnaval (that was February 8th this year; it's actually on a Tuesday ;) ).

It sounds more like a Gay Pride parade.

Fat Frog
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:17 PM
ooh! I totally forgot about Mardi Gras... guess I'll be watching in my room alone...wouldn't dare to watch in front of my Dad! :lol: He'd just start sprouting homophobic shite as usual! ;)

Next time he says anything just ask him did he ever hear the phrase 'There. but for the grace of God, go I'

azza
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:20 AM
What's Mardi gras in Australia? Over here Mardi Gras means 'fat Tuesday' and is the last day of Carnaval (that was February 8th this year; it's actually on a Tuesday ;) ).

It sounds more like a Gay Pride parade.

Correct :D

DutchieGirl
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Next time he says anything just ask him did he ever hear the phrase 'There. but for the grace of God, go I'

erm but we ain't religious, and I try not to bring up God in any conversation - long story... ;)

Mattographer
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:04 AM
u found it boring alex?
To be honest, yes, I was there last year. I still thinking about whether if I should going or not :p

Svennovitch
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Correct :D

And why is it called 'Mardi Gras'? Is there a reason for that?

Fat Frog
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:24 AM
erm but we ain't religious, and I try not to bring up God in any conversation - long story... ;)

hmmm ok it probably wouldn't make any difference saying that then. Does he believe in anything/one?

azza
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
if i gte off at central an walk to george street is that close to elizabeth street? :o

SM
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:53 PM
i just got back from friday nite 'the warm up'

it was chockers. much more people than i saw on the friday og mg weekeng last year.

spent most of my time at shift

azza
Mar 5th, 2005, 12:50 AM
cant wait till tonight :D

SM
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM
i feel like shite rite now. :(

i woke up 6am yesterday worked, then went shopping, , then clubbing @ oxford (clubbing@oxford) and started driving home at 5am.

hey rada i met that person, who said i wouldnt call....we got along....HOT :)

SM
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:38 AM
i cant beleiev i took my shirt off at shift, butit felt ogood, different

Mattographer
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:54 AM
My friend just sent me a text message and want me to come tonight :scared: ARGH! What should I do then? :p LOL!

If I going there tonight and we will meet at corner of Oxford Street and Hyde Park.

SM
Mar 7th, 2005, 08:29 PM
how was it , did everyone pick up? lol

Philbo
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:23 PM
The toybox party I went to on Sunday at Luna Park was totally fucking brilliant. My absolute BEST party ever. The energy was so fantastic.. everyone was in a great mood..I'll never forget that one!

Mardi Gras party sucked for me.. I lost my shirt halfway through the night and had to do the walk of shame the next morning and walk home shirtless freezing my tits off!!

*roddicksinme*
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:52 PM
i went to mardi gras at a club this past weekend it was great :D

F-R-E-A-K
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:47 PM
The MG Party was awesome! :kiss: Foxy & I had a great time :D