PDA

View Full Version : Actors Denise Richards, Charlie Sheen To Divorce

lizchris
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:18 AM
Updated: 09:08 PM EST

Denise Richards, Charlie Sheen to Divorce

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actress Denise Richards has filed for divorce from her actor-husband Charlie Sheen, citing irreconcilable differences, according to court papers filed Wednesday.
Richards, 34, is six months pregnant with the couple's second child. They also have a daughter, Sam, who will be a year old next week.

The couple married in June 2002 and co-starred in "Scary Movie 3." Richards and Sheen, 39, met while shooting the independent film "Good Advice" in 2000.

They began dating after Richards guest-starred on Sheen's former series "Spin City." The marriage was Sheen's second and Richards' first.

Sheen, who now stars in the CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men," is best known for his work in the movies "Platoon," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Hot Shots."

Richards, a former Bond girl, has appeared in a host of movies, including "Wild Things" and "Starship Troopers."

03/02/05 20:56 EST

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press

wateva
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:19 AM
i'm not surprised...

lizchris
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:21 AM
i'm not surprised...

Neither was I, but it is still sad to see a couple divorce, especially if the wife is expecting a child.

RatedR Superstar
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:33 AM
nothing last forever, specially in hollywood

Éowyn
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
when they first got together i thought that'd never last but then when i heard she was pregnant again i thought maybe they will but guess i was right the first time

VeNuS#1LoVa
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
Not surprising.....poor kid though... :sad:

Cariaoke
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:11 AM
I knew it was coming but I thought it would last until the birth of their second kid. :eek: Denise don't play, yo!

Tratree
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:01 AM
That's horribly depressing. It sounded like Charlie had finally settled down. Poor little kids. My brother-in-law works on "Two and a Half Men." That should be a really jolly set tomorrow.

Mrs. Peel
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:03 AM
I thought everything was hunky-dory :confused: I was shocked that is lasted this long...so I thought things were alright?

Sun*Kissed
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
I wonder if he started nailing hookers again :tape: ?

Bacardi
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:43 AM
I bet Charlie has been going to the strip clubs again, maybe even buying a few hookers on the side :o

ginger_fish668
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:44 AM

Yikes! I hope not...he would be a fool to cheat on someone as hot as Denise, wouldn't he? ;)

Anyways, poor kids..... :sad:

Does anything last in Hollywood??? :devil: :p

Brooks.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:47 AM

:devil: ...................i am actually really sad to hear this...i hope it is amicable :sad:

Becool
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:54 AM
I never knew they were together! :eek:

jrm
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
Suprised they stuck together for so long - don't they have 2 children?

Jackson.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
:eek:

tennischick
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
i hope it's not too late for them to work things out. their kids are so young. one isn't even born yet :sad:

apoet29
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
This was a surprise. They were just on the news back in January, proclaiming how great their marriage was and how much they loved each other.

I guess it was just another one of those Hollywood facades.

Josh B.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Anyone got a pic of Denise, cos i cant put her name to a face???

kabuki
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
Well, at least Denise can fall back on her acting talent. :tape: :lol:

Josh B.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Ahhh, now i see who you all mean
the model lady person!!

:D

Infiniti2001
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Not sure about the reason for their split but good girls need to realize that they can't change bad boys all the time. :tape: I mean she tamed him for a while, even got him to remove his tattos, and appeared on his sitcom with their daughter --- oh well, maybe they will find a way to work it out.

Mrs. Peel
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:05 PM
This was a surprise. They were just on the news back in January, proclaiming how great their marriage was and how much they loved each other.

I guess it was just another one of those Hollywood facades.

Indeed...they had us fooled because 2 years is NOT a long time and it did seem that all was well. I just saw an episode of his TV show with her and the baby starring...hmmm....irreconcilable differences? I have to say again that I was shocked that she even married him given his awful reputation. For two seconds he seemed a changed man...but he has such an addictive personality...2 years is about right for him to fall apart.

Denise4925
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
He was just on Regis and Kelly talking about her, their 2 year old and the one on the way. I'm totally :eek: I thought he'd finally settled down. This is just as shocking and disappointing as Jennifer and Brad.

Infiniti2001
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Anyone got a pic of Denise, cos i cant put her name to a face???

A very pregnant Denise in January 2004.
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/617/mptv14ek.jpg

The couple in happier times :p
http://img237.exs.cx/img237/3120/mptv27oy.jpg

AngelaLansbury
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
And neither of them have claimed the honour of a guest role in 'Murder, She Wrote'.