PDA

View Full Version : Which of these r&b diva's albums is the greatest?

Brooks.
Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
1. Toni Braxton- Secrets (by the way......isnt she supposed to have an album out soon.....i havent heard anything :confused: )
2. Whitney Houston- Whitney Houston
3. Mariah Carey- Music Box
4. Janet Jackson- Janet

just curious....... :)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:13 AM
OMG OMG

I can't pick out of those. I love all of those albums, even though I made Toni Braxton's album get on my nerves because I played it too much :o

Denise4925
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:31 AM
Nobody's better than Whitney at her best. :)

Bacardi
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:33 AM
Mariah Carey, her first ever CD

Dava
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:30 AM
Mariah has much better albums then music box, and if I have to be honest thats probably my least fave (or Chambraclet). Id say her best are Butterfly or the very first album (in a camp retro-80's way).

blumaroo
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:30 AM
Mariah Carey's Butterfly is the ultimate R&B cd. Just Brilliant.

CondiLicious
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:33 AM
Toni's Secrets CD is my favourite CD ever by anyone :hearts:

AjdeNate!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:35 AM
Janet & Maz.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:40 AM
My favourite CD Ever is Tweet- Southern Hummingbird, closely followed by India Arie- Acoustic Soul

I must admit, I think Butterfly was Mariah's best album!!!

Pureracket
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:41 AM
That is an amazing album by Whitney, but isn't that more of a Pop album? Her best music for me is not her R & B, but it's her pop.

UDiTY
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:46 AM
India:worship:

She's the best...but not really an R&B diva.

TONI! I heard she signed with Blackground cuz she hated LaFace(arista) but haven't heard anything in awhile.

Hot 92 Jamz
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
This is tough because I love all 4 singers but the CDs you mentioned aren't my favorites by them. I will go with "Music Box", by default, I guess.

"Anytime You Need A Friend" (snippet) (http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=jy2ic2ronnmqyacx65zjz33&r=20.asx)

~Rachel~
Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
My favourite CD Ever is Tweet- Southern Hummingbird, closely followed by India Arie- Acoustic Soul

I must admit, I think Butterfly was Mariah's best album!!!

Yeah I've just discovered India Arie (thanks Yahoo), I like the sound of her :rocker2:

The ultimate RnB album though has to be Alicia Keys - Songs in A Minor and if not that then The Diary of Alicia Keys :p

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:53 PM
The ultimate R&B album of all time is Brandy's Never Say Never :hearts: :worship:

Mariah's best albums are Daydream and Butterfly :hearts: :hearts:. When I was a huge Mariah fan, I used to kill these albums.

Venus_Serena
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Whitney Houston !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ULTIMATE diva ;)

Becool
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
My fav RNB album is Teedra Moses' Complex Simplicity :crazy:

But from these albums I love Toni's Secrets! I don't skip any track! :)

PaulieM
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Secrets is the perfect album to listen to when you're having guy issues. it really takes you through the whole relationship cycle

SilK
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Butterfly - Mariah Carey :worship:

V-MAC
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
I hope Toni isn't considering another comeback, she was great in her day but she just has to let go of her career and move on with her life. The ultimate r&b album though surely has to be TLC's "CrazySexyCool", that album is just perfection personified. :)

Becool
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:41 PM
Butterfly - Mariah Carey :worship:

Butterfly is great too :)

SilK
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:59 PM
TONI! I heard she signed with Blackground cuz she hated LaFace(arista) but haven't heard anything in awhile.

I believe Blackground doesn't exist any more... :scratch:

Jericho
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:14 AM
the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, the Diary of Alicia Keys, and Crazysexycool

Black Mamba.
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Whitney before she started doing drugs.

Justin
Mar 4th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Butterfly is just :worship:

Sony fucked up the promotion of that CD. There were two sure #1 singles (Breakdown and The Roof) on the album that were never released. The Roof is the best song that Mariah has ever recorded.

JenFan75
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Yeah I've just discovered India Arie (thanks Yahoo), I like the sound of her :rocker2:

The ultimate RnB album though has to be Alicia Keys - Songs in A Minor and if not that then The Diary of Alicia Keys :p

I agree! Alicia Keys is awesome :worship:

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Butterfly - Mariah Carey

F-R-E-A-K
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Whitney is the Greatest by FAR! :D

Barrie_Dude
Mar 4th, 2005, 03:38 PM
1. Toni Braxton- Secrets (by the way......isnt she supposed to have an album out soon.....i havent heard anything :confused: )
4. Janet Jackson- Janet

just curious....... :)Mariah!:bounce:

jrm
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:37 PM
The poll is unfair - Mariah is the only one from those writting her own songs and being producer whereas all others only 'lend' their voices!

Zhao
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Mariah Carey - Music Box :yeah:

Allez-H
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:25 PM
I think Butterfly is her best album too :worship: Out of those I adore Secrets it's an amazing album :worship:

-Kieron-
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM
Whitney Houston- Whitney Houston

Whitney is by far the best out of this lot...

harloo
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:36 PM
Whitney was the best when she wasn't on drugs, but now she is a shadow of her former self. Poor whitney.:sad:

Toni Braxton is next IMO. The woman can sing her ass off. Her voice can go in various tones to express the emotions of a song. The problem is that she is trying to do R&B/Hip Hop now which is not her audience. She is more adult contemporary/pop but she says that she felt Laface made her too old with that style. The style did fit her voice well and it's sad to see that she did not stick with it.

I am the biggest Toni fan but I don't like her new song much. I think it's called Please.:sad:

Becool
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:39 PM
Please is so cool! :dance:

harloo
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:42 PM
Please is so cool! :dance:

Please is alright Becool. I like Sposed to Be better. Overall I think Toni needs to sing those sad love songs because they fit her voice perfectly.;)

Becool
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:45 PM
Please is alright Becool. I like Sposed to Be better. Overall I think Toni needs to sing those sad love songs because they fit her voice perfectly.;)

Yeah I agree with you, I still like Sposed to be better too... But that wouldn't be a great comeback for her.. she needs an uptempo song, like she did when she released 'The Heat', HWAME put her back to the top :o

Who knows? Maybe 'Please' can do the same :o

Malin
Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:56 AM
4. Janet Jackson- Janet

just curious....... :)

oh my, many of you are very behind here, go to www.toni-online.com (http://www.toni-online.com) to read about her new songs and album, it's the only good toni site out there

has anyone heard her song from Diary of a Mad Black Woman called "Stupid," it is sooo good, but i can't find it anywhere, classic toni

BigB08822
Apr 2nd, 2005, 04:48 AM
Based on voice it would have to be either Whitney or Mariah. I tend to like Whitney more but Mariah at her very best is better, IMO. Hard to choose, both are great.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:53 AM
From the ones on the list, hard to pick between janet. and Secrets

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
The Velvet Rope should've been Janet's option...that album was way better than janet.

Brooks.
Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:58 AM
The Velvet Rope should've been Janet's option...that album was way better than janet.

i havent heard many of the songs from that one..............are they really depressing.......it seems like i heard it was a very dark album

Stamp Paid
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:22 PM

I agree 100%.

But the best R&B album ever was TLC - CrazySexyCool and Erykah Badu - Baduizm

Foot_Fault
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:36 PM
You missed one R and B diva, Anita Baker's "Songstress, Rapture, and Giving You the Best that I've Got" Those albums are PRICELESS! One of my Fav's

Whitney only did one 2 R and B albums, Her Last one "love Dear John Letter, and the one before that w/ Heartbreak Hotel.

But the ULTIMATE R&B album for ME is.... Jill Scott's "Who is Jill Scott? - Words and Sounds Vol. 1. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
The best album EVER!!!! And Beautifully Human is a close second. (for me)

NOTABLES
Floetry
India Arie
TWEET!
Monica's First and Second Album
Brandy's Second and Third Album
Faith Evans First and Second and Third Albums
Toni Braxtons- Entire Discography
Aalyiah- Final Album