Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Wow! That is a great album cover!!

tennisIlove09
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
omg she looks so great!

Malin
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
she looks like a cartoon but it's hot

I heard the song "we belong together" off the new album and I really like it, one of her best songs in years.

Cariaoke
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:15 PM
hmm...

she looks like a weird blend of Shakira and Beyoncé... especially the hair. and she is working the Photoshop tan.

I like it but it's really monochromatic... the text, her dress, her skin are all the same color. I'm not big on gold on black... I think it usually looks cheap.

Then again, when I think about her "Rainbow" cover, all the colors were too much and reminded me of a kid's book.

It's very adult, simple and classy but I would have used silver to go with the black background instead of gold. Maybe silver was too reminiscent of "Glitter"... ;)

!<blocparty>!
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:20 PM
It looks really great. However, it looks nothing like Mariah :unsure:

!<blocparty>!
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:21 PM
hmm...

she looks like a weird blend of Shakira and Beyoncé...

exactly.

~{X}~
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
Haha its interesting. I think it looks great.

AjdeNate!
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:43 PM
:bounce:

Habsudovafan
Mar 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Beyonce wannabee.......

CondiLicious
Mar 2nd, 2005, 09:12 PM
She looks great :hearts: And I can see why some people say it's Beyonce-esque but imo Mariah looks much better.

PaulieM
Mar 2nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
it's cool

Dana Marcy
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
Mariah = Trying too hard

:rolleyes:

It's terrible because Mariah really is at a crossroads in her career. She's not as young as Ciara but she's not as old as Anita Baker. She can't do her old stuff because people have moved on but she sounds silly doing Ciara-ish music. :shrug:

UDiTY
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
Cool cover, althought it's been 150% computerly altered.:lol:

The font of her name is on the cover reminds me of the Daydream cover.

If only the music could be as good:sad:

Hopefully this album will have some good songs and some nice ballads. Mariah is kidding herself, she got famous on her ballads, she's not a rap star.

"It's Like That" is a catchy song but a subpar R&B-hip/hop track compared to today's top artists.

Justin
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
It's hot.

I also heard "We Belong Together" this morning on the way to work- she was on KTU for promo. It's her first power ballad to showcase her voice in years.

shap_half
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:23 PM
That dress is awful!

Bacardi
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:23 PM
She looks too much like Beyonce on it.

I wish she'd go back to her roots, do some R&B like her first 2 CD's. This new stuff is shitty :o

jrm
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
OMG, Mariah ... don't copy Beyonce - you are unique yourself!

What is the story behind the titel? Mariah used to have short and well picked album titels in the past.

jrm
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:29 PM
When will it be released - although her first albums were more my style i still want to have this in my collection.

Dava
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:34 AM
The album is released on the 4th April in Europe, a week earlier in asia and a week later in america.

As for the cover i love it, but it does seem overly airbrushed. I think its a good cover though and she does seem emancipated LOL

As for the story behind the title apprently LA Ried suggested it, as her nick name is Mimi (why does she give all her 'private' names away like Honeybfly and Mimi :confused:) Personally after, Daydream, Butterfly, Rainbow, Glitter and Charmbraclet, I didnt think she could get any camper and superflous but she managed somehow.

blumaroo
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:39 AM
April 4th international date
april 12th usa date

I love this cover. It does reminds me a lil bit of Beyonce but thats the photographers fault since he worked with Bee as well.
As for the new material, I'm really excited about it. It's like that is a fantastic uptempo song and this new song is a smooth midtempo r&B jam! Say something is a throwback to the oldschool music mixed with a contemporary sound perfectly suited for the summer. It's going to be the hottest r&b album of the year yall! She has said this is her best album vocally since a long time. And I like the new title as well. Before this she used to have tho shitty one word girly titles like Rainbow glitter and Butterfly. The emancipation stands for something strong, she's leaving all the shit behind and you can take it or leave it.
I know I'll take it :worship:

Seles_Beckham
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:00 AM
Almost the same ( and look at her leg... )

http://www.beyonce-lyrics.com/images/beyonce-k.jpg

Jarrett
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
So now anyone this their arms up and leg turned out is a Beyonce wannabe? Whatever. I doubt she even saw that photo. I actually think Mariah's pose is a hell of a lot better.

Dava
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:45 AM
So now anyone this their arms up and leg turned out is a Beyonce wannabe? Whatever. I doubt she even saw that photo. I actually think Mariah's pose is a hell of a lot better.

I ahve to agree actually I think the photo is a lot better, but I am biased to a point (although I love me Yoncey)

New
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:53 AM
Wow!!! Mariah!!!

wateva
Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:03 AM
i thought she was beyonce! maybe she might have tricked a few people into buying "beyonce's" new album!

Couver
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:57 AM
OMG I :hearts: it. I have every Mariah album and I've never seen her do a cover like this one.

Pfft about her copying Beyonce LMAO. Half the younger aritist who have come out now, including Beyonce have Mariah to thank for paving the way and showing them how to do it. Rappers with singers was totally Mariah's, like Fantasy with ODB, and she was R&B well before Beyonce or JLO.

And you know what, as hot as Beyonce's career has become, her music achievements are far far below Mariah's. I'll consider Beyonce in Mariah's league when she can muster at least 5 #1's.

PatM04
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:03 AM
I would love for her to showcase her voice in some power ballads on this CD...I hope she does!

Yonexforever
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:46 AM
They made a mistake thats X-tina isn't it?

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:58 AM
she's so slim now! :eek:

Beat
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:13 AM
she's so slim now! :eek:
no, she's not. it's photoshop which made her slim.

Habsudovafan
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe off topic, but why on earth has she decided to call herself Mimi??
Such an old fashioned name. I don't think that was her intention.

wateva
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
OMG I :hearts: it. I have every Mariah album and I've never seen her do a cover like this one.

Pfft about her copying Beyonce LMAO. Half the younger aritist who have come out now, including Beyonce have Mariah to thank for paving the way and showing them how to do it. Rappers with singers was totally Mariah's, like Fantasy with ODB, and she was R&B well before Beyonce or JLO.

And you know what, as hot as Beyonce's career has become, her music achievements are far far below Mariah's. I'll consider Beyonce in Mariah's league when she can muster at least 5 #1's.
in terms of image, she's so copying beyonce. and the editing of the cover is so obvious...

Hot 92 Jamz
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:52 AM
I don't like it because it doesn't look like Mariah. I'm all for stylized CD covers but it should at least look like the artist.

My favorite Mariah cover:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000028VT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

toreador
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
is this mariah or beyonce? :lol: :scratch:
hot :lick:
and the new songs are really good

Experimentee
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
It looks ok, but I dont really like it because it doesnt look like her. I dont like the outfit either.

rightous
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Rockie girl you hit the nail on the head, can we all say Beyonce

BigB08822
Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Why is Beyonce on Mariah's new album?

CondiLicious
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
http://www2.fanscape.com/mariah05/images/cover.jpg

^^^ that's a better quality pic :hearts:

Ajrob
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:16 PM
WoW :eek:

Mariah :worship:

New
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
in terms of image, she's so copying beyonce. and the editing of the cover is so obvious...

I totally disagree...this is not the first album that shows mariah looking slim and standing...

Remember #1's ? That was way before Beyonce's album....

SilK
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
http://www.delta-shopping.de/portal/artikel/pics/5099705019597_140504_130131.jpg

!<blocparty>!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
I really wish she would sing again though and stop the whispering bullshit.

She's stopped all that in her new song :D

Don't know whats going to be on the album, though.

Becool
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.delta-shopping.de/portal/artikel/pics/5099705019597_140504_130131.jpg

Doesn't her head looks bigger than her body? :tape:

Kuti Kis&Monica
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM
:hearts: Mariah

SilK
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LSEF8VAIX6221GUP5Q12N8ZL6

It's Like That Morales Remix :D

jrm
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Her legs were once voted 2nd best legs in music industy behind the one and only Tina Turner

spiceboy
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
http://lovelovejackjapan.fc2web.com/20050307.jpg

This is possibly the tracklisting background for the album :)