PDA

View Full Version : Athenaeum, your avatar...

Sam L
Mar 2nd, 2005, 08:07 AM
... is just simply DIVINE! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

One of my all-time favorites.

Never thought I'd see that avatar on this board. ;)

Sam L
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:14 PM
Bump. You're probably sleeping right now. :tape:

GBFH
Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
look who's talking.

vivien leigh was gorgeous.

"Sluggy"
Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:24 PM
look who's talking.

vivien leigh was gorgeous.

This av is way cool

AjdeNate!
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Aww, Sam. Thanks babe!
It's my all time favorite scene from any movie. I have it as a huge poster in my house. So I always look at this scene; one which speaks to me in all of its silence.

~{X}~
Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
You mean my avatar doesn't deserve an award? :o lmfao ;)

Sam L
Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Aww, Sam. Thanks babe!
It's my all time favorite scene from any movie. I have it as a huge poster in my house. So I always look at this scene; one which speaks to me in all of its silence.
Wow cool. That's news, didn't know you loved it so much. :)

Thanks other guys for complimenting my avatar. ;)

Bacardi
Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:16 PM
He likes GIANT... Do you just like Liz, or did you like Dean more?

I don't know that anyone ever really liked Rock Hudson. I have Giant on DVD somewhere :o

Sam L
Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:18 PM
He likes GIANT... Do you just like Liz, or did you like Dean more?

I don't know that anyone ever really liked Rock Hudson. I have Giant on DVD somewhere :o
Are you talking to me?

I like all of them, but Liz above all.

I do like Rock Hudson, but I haven't seen enough of his films.

AjdeNate!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:48 AM
I'm a massive James Dean fan. I even have a pic of me kneeling at his gravesite. I even had a wish (when I was much younger ;) ) to die at 24, just like my icon. Liz is alright, and Rock was a great talent. But nobody can be James Dean.

Sam L
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:58 AM
I'm a massive James Dean fan. I even have a pic of me kneeling at his gravesite. I even had a wish (when I was much younger ;) ) to die at 24, just like my icon. Liz is alright, and Rock was a great talent. But nobody can be James Dean.
Liz is just alright? :o :p

I haven't seen Rebel without a Cause for a long time. I need to see it again.

AjdeNate!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:00 AM
Well, you know what I mean. ;) She's damn good in that movie, and better overall... but in context of the male leads, she's alright as they shine so brightly. (There, better?) :lol:

I just watched East of Eden a few nights ago. I still cry at that one, and am continually inspired in my own writing after it. Such a masterpiece.

Sam L
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:06 AM
Well, you know what I mean. ;) She's damn good in that movie, and better overall... but in context of the male leads, she's alright as they shine so brightly. (There, better?) :lol:

I just watched East of Eden a few nights ago. I still cry at that one, and am continually inspired in my own writing after it. Such a masterpiece.
I haven't seen East of Eden.

*Too embarassed* :o :o

AjdeNate!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:10 AM
:eek: We can't talk anymore until you've seen it. Hit up your local rental and get busy. I'm expecting a full report by end of weekend.

:lol:

Seriously though, you will NOT be disappointed. It's brilliant. The opening credits are a true homage to cinematographic achievement. And it takes off from there. I relate to this movie on many levels. The sub-plots and sub-context can be easily interpreted in many ways. I like not being forcefed somethings... like a plot.

Bacardi
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:41 AM

I agree Nate, it is Nate right? You switch back and forth from this name to Seles... So Dani's drugged out mind at times gets all confused ;)

James Dean remains my favorite actor. And my favorite film of his is East of Eden. I like it better than Rebel, because I think he's superb in it! I have Giant and Rebel on DVD, but I have yet to find East of Eden.

I'd like to see that pic of you at his Gravesite. I visited it once myself. Went with some friends to Fairmount on the way to Indy. Picked up some nice things, I even have a Dean doll. And his car, the Spider he died in, one like that is my dream car. Supposedly I'm somehow related to him, but very distantly because of what his mother's maden name was, and where they are from is where my mom's side of the family is from as well. You'll have to show me that pic someday thou. :)

Where my gf works has a large collection of Dean stuff. Because the place is fixed up like a 50s diner. If you're ever around here, we'll go in there when she's working for dinner. :)