PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Playlist Ideas

UDiTY
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:30 AM
I already have the regular Workout Mix, Country Mix, Oldies, Rap...

Any fun ideas?!?:wavey:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:33 AM
well i made workout ones

but then i have one for my drive to work, drive to school, based on what i like to listen to in the morning lol

i have one for when imlaying in bed trying to go to sleep

UDiTY
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:35 AM
ok,driving one and sleepin' one.

I'll try that:cool:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:39 AM
a driving one is necessary or it takes you the whole trip to find a song :eek:

beauty_is_pink
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:43 AM
how about one to help you get up in the morning?
one for you to sing in the shower? :lol:

Andy Mac
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:28 AM
one for the bedroom;) for the lady to lay her thang down too!:p haha

Cariaoke
Mar 2nd, 2005, 04:28 AM
ooh fun thread...

*opens iTunes* *hums while it opens*

I have too much fun with smart playlists. Some of my smart playlists followed by the parameters:
I Luv the 80's (find year, range from 1980-1989, I am an 80's child but a 90's brat)
Spankin New Music (date added to library in the last 2 weeks)
Highly Rated, Rarely Played (last played is not within the last 1 month + rating is whatever number of stars you want, I put 5)
Deck the Halls (find genre Holiday or Christmas)
Crap Songs (songs with 2 or less stars)

Unsmart playlists (shit I actually had to select and drag myself):
Ahhh Suga Suga - collection of my favorite Sugababes songs (gawd help me I love them)
Anticipation - songs about getting some before you actually get some i.e. Waiting Room by No Doubt or Rock the Boat by Aaliyah
Bah'rein - songs with Middle Eastern or Indian beats i.e. In My Pocket by Mandy Moore, Kiss, Kiss by Stella Soleil/Tarkan, Call Me by Tweet
Billboard - current hot songs on the top of the charts
Boo's nickname - songs that remind me of the love I have for my boo
Boo's nickname 2.0 - more songs that remind me of the love I have for my boo
Dirty South - Strictly southern hip hop/rap like Outkast, Youngbloodz, T.I., Lil Jon, Trick Daddy, et al. I should do a rock version.
Kiss My Ass - should be self-explanatory but music that tells mf's to shut the fuck up (useful for walking down the street) like Damn remix by Youngbloodz, Sleep to Dream by Fiona Apple, Move Bitch by Ludacris and You Oughta Know by Alanis
Longing - songs that remind me of my boo, that aren't sexual, when boo is out of town
Melon Collie - sad songs, mostly Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Nirvana, U2, et al
Let's Chill - cuddle music
Pacifiers - My fave Mariah tracks "Me and Mariah, go back like babies with pacifiers..."
Quickie - songs to have sex to or that put me in the mood
Sleepy Time - perfect airplane music so I can get some sleep... a lot of Coldplay (I love them but the way Chris sings is soothing and makes me sleepy)
Sound Trax - fave music from soundtracks (I could do a smart playlist for this but I have a lot of soundtracks and limiting the # might not give me the songs *I* want)
Travelin' - songs that refer to movement or going somewherei.e. Escape by Enrique Iglesias, Dare You to Move by Switchfoot, Welcome to Atlanta by JD and Ludacris, etc.

I have two utility smart playlists that I signify with a * at the beginning so they show up at the beginning of the playlists.

The first one is a duplicate check and the conditions are:
these three are individual conditions but for repetition's sake I'm saying it all in one line...
artist, song name and album starts with (space)
" " " ends with (space)
" " " contains (space) (space)

What this does is search for songs that are listed as duplicates in iTunes because of a stray space. Isn't that annoying?

the other one is "*unrated" which lists songs I've yet to give a rating to. condition is "my rating is less than 1 star".

When everything's ok, both playlists are empty and don't show up on my ipod.

finally there's a site called smartplaylists.com which gives you more ideas for smart playlists.

I hope this helps you out. :)