PDA

View Full Version : ABC Neww Reports That Kobe Bryant's Accuser Has Decided To Settle Civil Case

lizchris
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:54 PM
According to ABC News, they have agreed in princile to settle for an undisclosed sum of money and the settlement will be signed on Friday. Chances are he will admit no wrongdoing and the settlement will not be in the seven figures she is looking for as Colorado limits compensatory damages awards to $375,000.

lizchris
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:57 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/KobeBryant/story?id=541291&page=1

I cannot past and copy the article

Black Mamba.
Mar 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM
What was he thinking? If he wasn't going to put up a fight he should've settled this a long time ago. My problem with this is that even if he didn't do anything wrong the perception will be that he did. I remember reading an ESPN.com article a few months back that talked about how if KB8 wants to keep any of his endorsement deals he better fight this to the end.

lizchris
Mar 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
What was he thinking? If he wasn't going to put up a fight he should've settled this a long time ago. My problem with this is that even if he didn't do anything wrong the perception will be that he did. I remember reading an ESPN.com article a few months back that talked about how if KB8 wants to keep any of his endorsement deals he better fight this to the end.

That is why he is settling; to keep what endorsements he still has. Her lawyers werer going to delve into his sex life and he could not afford to have that information come out, even if it isn't that embarassing. On the flip side, her sex life can be brought in also and if what I read and is true, she had more to worry about than he did.

Mrs. Peel
Mar 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
That is why he is settling; to keep what endorsements he still has. Her lawyers werer going to delve into his sex life and he could not afford to have that information come out, even if it isn't that embarassing. On the flip side, her sex life can be brought in also and if what I read and is true, she had more to worry about than he did.

She needs to settle as much as he does. Wouldn't it look unseemly her being pregnant and all? No one is victorious. I think both of their characters dulled over the past months.

Martian KC
Mar 1st, 2005, 11:40 PM
Typical celebrity response.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:49 AM
She got what she wanted.

lizchris
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:04 AM
She got what she wanted.

Yes, she did. Kobe will be paying for her baby's expenses.

tennischick
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:09 AM
who's the father? :confused: say it ain't Kobe please :sad:

lizchris
Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:15 AM
who's the father? :confused: say it ain't Kobe please :sad:

No, it is some loser who ended up in the same rehab place in Florida she was in last year. She has since married the loser and now the slobs are going to live it up on Kobe's money.:fiery: But Kobe has only himself to blame for this mess.

Black Mamba.
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
According to ABC News, they have agreed in princile to settle for an undisclosed sum of money and the settlement will be signed on Friday. Chances are he will admit no wrongdoing and the settlement will not be in the seven figures she is looking for as Colorado limits compensatory damages awards to $375,000.

I was watching SportsCenter last night and their legal analysis was asked how much he though Kobe paid her and he said probably 5 million dollars because there is no way she would settle for the $375,000.

lizchris
Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
I was watching SportsCenter last night and their legal analysis was asked how much he though Kobe paid her and he said probably 5 million dollars because there is no way she would settle for the $375,000.

Most of that would be punitive damages.