PDA

View Full Version : What is this new "vCash: $NNN" business in the left margin...

"Topaz"
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM
... right above reputation? Do I owe money to anyone here? Or did I win something, some kind of airmiles?
:angel:

-Ph51-
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:39 PM
Virtual betting :angel:

Josh B.
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:39 PM
I dont get it either

What is it for?? :confused:

lilly
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:42 PM
check this: http://www.wtaworld.com/vbookie.php?

it's a game organized by wtaworld

Josh B.
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
so what do we bet for and how??

"Topaz"
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM
:confused:
-Ph51-, lilly, thanks but I'm still just like Josh B :shrug:

lilly
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:59 PM
okay, first: this is Amanda's way of explaining
Brief Introduction
So you think you can accurately predict who the winner(s) of tennis matches will be, who will win the big tournaments each week and when the favourites will lose? Now you have the chance to prove it! vBetting is the ultimate sports betting online simulation that can be played everyday on WTAworld.com. This is an accurate simulation of sports betting in the real world, with real odds, real matches, real outcomes, where only the money isn't real!

About vCash
Each WTAworld.com member is automatically credited with $500 worth of vCash (virtual cash) to spend in our vBetting shop. Each day we will add new markets where you can bet vCash on winners of the days matches, tournaments and other specials. Bet on a winner and your stake will be returned to your vCash account, plus the winnings.

About The Odds
Different odds are offered on each outcome. The most likely outcome is given a short price, whilst the least likely outcome (i.e. Anna Kournikova winning Wimbledon :D) is priced with more generous odds where you can win more virtual money.

For example:
Serena Williams to win Wimbledon might be priced at 2/1
This means for every $10 you bet, you win $20 profit in vCash + your stake back IF Serena Williams wins Wimbledon. Total return: $30. Any other outcome would be settled as you losing $10.

Anna Kournikova to win Wimbledon might be priced at 20/1
This means for every $10 you bet, you win $200 in vCash + your stake back IF Anna Kournikova wins Wimbledon. Total return: $220. Any other outcome would be settled as you losing $10.

Track Your Bets/Winnings
You can keep a check on your progress by visiting the vBetting shop online at the following address:
http://www.wtaworld.com/vbookie.php
(This link is also accessible from the virtualBetting meny option on every WTAworld.com page)

From this page you can see historical bets, wins, losses and current virtual bets yet to be settled. The vBookie also lists the current markets open where you may place a bet, closed bets and recently settled bets.

Your vCash
Your current vCash account position is displayed beside every post you make on WTAworld.com - with a link to the vBetting shop. The amount shown will not include any bets you currently have in progress (that is, bets that have not yet been settled by us).

Amass a fortune and you'll impress everyone.... lose all your vCash and people might start questioning if you really have a clue about tennis at all. So be careful and invest your vCash carefully. :)

Happy punting!

lilly
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:06 PM
at the vBookie Home (http://www.wtaworld.com/vbookie.php?) you can choose a match to bet on.
if you click Place Bets Now, you can ... surprise! ... place a bet!
clicking Event Info gives you a insight on the highest bets made on each player

in Your Bets (http://www.wtaworld.com/vbookie.php?do=bets)you can see all the bets you have placed and check what you have won

"Topaz"
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM
Ok, lilly, I'm game now. Thanx :)

lilly
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
no problem. the odds thing makes the brains crack a bit, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. I don't know what the round off policy is, I assume it isn't upwards :lol:.

Josh B.
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:34 PM
thanks Lilly!! :D

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:37 PM
The sin on this board is scaring me...:scared:

lilly
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:37 PM
before you know it, you're joining that other thread :o

Josh B.
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:38 PM
Its all too true, i just did join that other thread!!! :eek: