PDA

View Full Version : Million Dollar Baby?

jbone_0307
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:26 PM
What the hell is this?? I've heard everybody talking about it but I dont remember it being released or being a big hit.

selesfan1
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:56 PM
It was released in December and if you live anywhere near a theatre with at least 6 or 8 screens they should be playing it. It has made over 60 million in box office money but boy i read the spoilers and it seems a bit hard to believe. Like an unlikely story in some aspects.

thelittlestelf
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:57 PM
It's the saddest movie I've ever seen in my entire life.

thelittlestelf
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:58 PM
It was released in December and if you live anywhere near a theatre with at least 6 or 8 screens they should be playing it. It has made over 60 million in box office money but boy i read the spoilers and it seems a bit hard to believe. Like an unlikely story in some aspects.

It's an excellent movie, it just makes you completely depressed!

Sally Struthers
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Million Dollar Baby was fabulous!

jbone_0307
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Whats it about!! Tell me!! :lol:

Sally Struthers
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Drama and Romance
2 hrs. 17 min. In the wake of a painful estrangement from his daughter, boxing trainer Frankie Dunn has been unwilling to let himself get close to anyone for a very long time--then Maggie Fitzgerald walks into his gym. In a life of constant struggle, Maggie's gotten herself this far on raw talent, unshakable focus and a tremendous force of will. But more than anything, she wants someone to believe in her. The last thing Frankie needs is that kind of responsibility-- let alone that kind of risk--but won over by Maggie's sheer determination, he begrudgingly agrees to take her on. In turns exasperating and inspiring each other, the two come to discover that they share a common spirit that transcends the pain and loss of their pasts, and they find in each other a sense of family they lost long ago. Yet, they both face a battle that will demand more heart and courage than any they've ever known.

I predict an Oscar for Clint as director, Hillary Swank, and best picture!

PaulieM
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:17 PM
i really want to see this movie, i heard it was awesome

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:34 PM
It is a VERY good movie....but I find it's a bit overrated ;)

I predict : Best Director and Best Actress :)

adss
Feb 28th, 2005, 02:46 PM
one of the best movies of the year. hilary swank is awesome in it :worship:

vertigo
Feb 28th, 2005, 03:04 PM
one of the best movies of the year. hilary swank is awesome in it :worship:

totally agree. Plus :angel: Morgan Freeman does voice over. Fabulous.

AjdeNate!
Feb 28th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Amazing. So deserving of all the awards.
Hilary is truly a phenomenal talent.

MS
Feb 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM
A great film, I saw it yesterday, what a drama ;)

harloo
Feb 28th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Absolutely love Million Dollar Baby. Some parts of the movie was unrealistic, but overall it was great. Clint, Morgan, and Hillary all deserved their Oscars.:D

matija-seles
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Gosh, this movie is VERY good. Hillary Swank is awesome. Just make me soooo sad that I was crying for a while. It really touched my heart.

decemberlove
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:34 PM
good, but overrated.

Lord Nelson
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM
wow, Hillary kissed Clint on the lips when she went to recieve the award. Wonder what her boyfriend must be thinking?

jbone_0307
Feb 28th, 2005, 09:43 PM
what is sad and unrealistic about it? What made it a great movie?? :lol: I kinda want to know before I go watch it after I watched The Grudge :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I didn't see it yet :(

Kuilli
Feb 28th, 2005, 11:53 PM
It's a great film. :D Hilary Swank was awesome in it, so I'm very glad she and the film won the Oscars. :D

ptkten
Mar 1st, 2005, 05:31 AM
Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Clint's movies do it for me, I loved Mystic River as well. I thought Morgan Freeman's performance was especially good.