PDA

View Full Version : PAW- 'Official Press/Media Room' Thread!

Hayato
Feb 27th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Post here some press releases or news of PAW Players!

Hayato
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Ranadalara Escapes to Manama

http://www.good-hotels-guide.com/middle-east/bahrain/movenpick-bahrain.jpg

Whilst 170 PAW Players slave away in Dubai, Ranadalara will take a holiday! After an embarassing Doha and a frustrating Bogota, Paraguayan teen Ranadalara will holiday (!) in Manama, Bahrain. "I've always wanted to visit Bahrain for the luxury hotels and pools, and I took this opportunity to do so. Dubai is only a tier II and when there's 170 players playing there, it doesn't particularly look inviting to me, expecially considering my current form. 2005 has been a frustrating year so far for me. Finishing around 90th in Melbourne, and not reaching either of my goals this year- one was to finish top 4 in Bogota, and the other was for Paraguay to qualify for the main group in Fed Cup. I realise that I have to get over these things, it will just take some time. I have to look on the bright side of these things. Like: At least I was able to compete in the Australian Open, which I didn't think I would be able to do at one stage. Also, at least I managed a Quarter Final appearance in Bogota, I can't be unhappy with that. And also Paraguay will still be in Zone 1, even though we couldn't quite qualify. And most of all, I still have some friends on the PAW circuit, considering I had "retired" a week ago. This week I will relax and hopefully come back really strong for Miami. I have learnt that when things are good for you, they are good. When things are bad for you, they are bad. I think I have experienced both those now."

Conchi Party
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Rising Canadian Star Conchi Party reflects on a year of ups and downs.

Q: 8 months ago, you were unranked and unknown. Today you’re the Canadian #2 and ranked 30th in the world. Tell us about your whirlwind 2004 season.

A: First of all thanks to all my Canadian team mates and fans for their support and belief in me. 2004 was a great start to my PAW career. My first tournament, Wimbledon, was a tough one, with the most prestigious tournament also being very competitive. My first time in a tournament, on grass, produced a poor result (71st) but I learned a lot on how to paw, when to paw etc. The next two tournaments were Stanford (40th) and LA (60th) which were really about learning to play PAW on hardcourts. In my fourth tournament I won my first tournament, a Tier I in Conchita’s home away from home, San Diego. It was an incredibly tight win, but so satisfying to win. I vaulted into that Top 100 at # 90 and went up 95 spots in the process. It was amazing…

Q: Did you expect the win? How did others react?

A: I felt really clear that week about who I wanted to pick, and I went risky at the beginning, put myself in contention, and played more conservatively in the end and it paid off. As to others reaction, my fellow Canadian pawers were so great in their support, others were cool to, but I know a lot of people were saying I was a one tournament wonder, the Iva Majoli of tennis. Winning the tournament took a lot out of me. I was really not motivated to play at the next tournament, but being in Montreal I had to play. I was unfocused and that resulted in a 38th place showing in Montreal. My first real disappointment to tank in front of my home crowd. I played at the Olympics, and had a respectable 21st showing. Again a new experience and I really put the pressure on myself to perform well, which effected my game for the worse. I needed a paw break, so I skipped the US Open and New Haven. I went on a gorgeous tour of Europe and had lots and lots of sex with hot French guys….but that’s another story.

Q: We want details! You came back refreshed!

A: Exactly. I played an incredible tournament that I should have won in Guangzhou, other than rrfnpump was fantasic and I was too far behind. I was proud of my 3rd place finishing. But I wanted more. I went into Filderstadt determined to win my second title, and I did just that. I felt I proved to the paw community that I was there to stay and be a force on the tour. I jumped 45 spots to # 45 and had two titles under my belt. I had another top 10 finish in Linz. I then went on a really long vacation to India which got me rested up for 2005.

Q: All in all a good start to your career?

A: Absolutely. I mean to be top 40 having only played the US hardcourt season and the indoor season is beyond my wildest expectations, I was hoping to crack the top 100.

(Coming up 2005, and a look forward….)

andrew_uk
Apr 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Federation Cup Starts To Heat Up...

REUTERS: With only two weeks to go until the 1st round of the 2005 PAW Federation Cup gets underway, andrew_uk (International PAW Relations consultant) took some time out to give some updates and gossip on all the latest goings on regarding the annual compettition.

"Well, first of all I can say I'm absolutely thrilled with the amount of committments we have received so far. The teams have to be confirmed by the 19th April, today is the 5th, and we have already had around 80 players sign up. The World Group is very exciting this year, and more and more countries are being encouraged to join Zone 1, and we hope to have 16 countries in Zone 1 in order to have 4 groups of 4. So far everything is running smoothly".

The World Group Draw was completed on Sunday when the four qualifiers were placed, and this provided some intriguing match-ups. Before the qualifiers were placed, andrew_uk made it very clear that he felt that the most exciting match would be the fifth seeds Singapore taking on the United States. "The USA have come a very long way this year. Last year, although they were well represented, they didn't have many players in the top 50. However, this has all changed. Lee-Waters' Boy has continued his solid performances and consolidated his rank, whilst a batch line of new players (notably JohnnyWeirFan, Daniela Rockz and dab2035) have made sensational debuts to their PAW careers". But on Sunday, when the qualifiers were added to the draw, the World no 2 admitted that the Singapore v USA match wasn't as conspicuous any more as second seeds Australia were drawn against Poland (in the same quarter). "We have a very strong and exciting quarter here. Poland have some very solid players, and have never failed to produce good debut performances. What also makes these two matches even more sensational is the fact that these teams should all produce 5 player squads. We all know in PAW that anything can happen, one match can change everything, with large teams playing each other, upsets are at stake, sensational things will happen. There will for sure be lots of drama".

In other ties, defending champions Bulgaria were thrown an all- Eastern Europe tie with Russia, whilst Germany were handed a match with the up and coming Thailand. Brazil will make their PAW Fed Cup debut against Israel, last year's semi-finalists Canada will take on Argentina, and Hopman Cup winners Great Britain face Serbia & Montenegro. Last year's suprise runner-ups Hong Kong have a tricky task from the outset, as they will meet top seeds Indonesia. However, Hong Kong had a tricky task from the outset last year too......

köj-è
Apr 6th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Indonesian Fed Cup team announced
ANTARA
6/4/2005

Jakarta - World #6 and PAW Senior Officer, sandg will lead Indonesia's squad at the World Group Fed Cup competition later this month in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, facing last year runner up Hong Kong.

sandg, who owned 3 PAW Titles, will be joined by world's top players such as PAW #1 mypapa_je, PAW #29 kfh_9118, PAW #34 speedster_ and PAW #35 V-lix.

Top seeded Indonesian doesn't have much change in their Fed Cup compotition with last year ties. This team was made by the captain with the consideration of last year performance. Three players who played well in 1st round, 2nd round and played strongly in Play-off 2004 are mypapa_je, sandg and speedster_ then two players who played well in 1st round and 2nd round Fed Cup ties 2004 kfh_9118 and V-lix.

“It’s not easy to take decision with many strong players in Indonesia, but I have to decide it for giving appreciation for their last performance in PAW Fed Cup and make the team feel stronger.” as the captain says.

As new regulation has been introduced not long time ago, PAW Fed Cup now allows reserve players to join a nation’s team.

“Your reserve players must also pick. Your reserve players are used when one of your nominated team members fails to make a single pick by the end of the round 1 matches.” as the International PAW Relations consultant, andrew_uk says.

For that new regulation, sandg has putted PAW #9 efss and PAW #67 köj-è as reserve players. It’s been a question why does efss not in the team.

“I will commit as a reserve player..” efss comment about his position in the team.

This is what köj-è said about the decision “Honestly, i get a little bit dissapointed with the decision that i'm going to be a reserve player in the next fed cup tie. I don't know, it just doesn't motivate me to play. But that's okay, i'll try to understand and play my best for beloved country along with my good PAW friends.”.

All of the team members say Hong Kong will be a big challenge at the April 23-24 event.

andrew_uk
Apr 13th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Press Conference with Paraguyan captain Ranadalara

Q: Ranadalara, how is the Paraguyan camp at the moment?

A: Very positive, we have been chatting tactic's for a few days, and we are going to go out confident, as we think we have a good chance of winning. We also feel that we need to step up here and show that Paraguay has potential to go far in the future FED Cups.

Q: The Zone 1 draw was made yesterday, Paraguay was the first country drawn, and you were placed into Group 1. Your opponents are Finland, Turkey and Portugal. How do you feel about your opponents and their chances?

A: Yeah, we are very pleased with our draw. The only threat we see are Kirilenko#1Fan from Portugal, and korben from Finland. We should get past Turkey, but you never know. We feel confident about all our matches, and we are going to go out there hungry to win.

Q: Should you finish in the top 2 of your group, you will qualify for the World Group Play-Offs in July. If Paraguay make it to the play-offs, do you feel that there needs to be any changes made, or do you feel you can cope as you are now?

A: Yes, obviously we will need to improve a few things, *cory* probably needs to calm down in using up all his PAWs a bit (no offence lol :p) and I probably need to go for a little bit more in matches. I think we have both prepared pretty well for the Zone 1, and obviously, if we can get through, I think we will be on a high. But there are always things that can be worked on of course.

Q: What should your opponents be fearful of?

A: Our teamwork. Not much use being fearful of my PAWs, but sure, they can be fearful of *cory*'s PAWs . We are just playing for fun- I never dreamed that Paraguay could ever be a team, and so it's all about fun. Our opponents can be afraid of us having too much fun maybe.

(audience laughs)

Q: How do u feel about the venue? (The Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands)

A: I think playing in the Netherlands will be a good experience because I have never played there before, I played in Eastbourne last year before Wimbledon. I know it will be tough to adapt to a new atmosphere, but that's why being on the PAW tour is so much fun!

Q: But of course, you had a good grass season last year, do you feel the surface will be an advantage to you?

A: Yeah, I had a good wimbledon, reaching the QF's is my major achievement of my career, but I had a terrible Birmingham and Eastbourne lol. So I think it will be interesting to see how I can perform. Nobody has played on Grass all year, so I think it will be a challenge. It's *cory*'s first time to play on Grass, so he will be excited no doubt.

Thank you Ranadalara, and best of luck with Paraguay's Fed Cup campaign

(applause)

Ranadalara: Thanks Andy and everyone!

End of interview

Hayato
Jul 30th, 2005, 08:18 PM
bump :D

Hayato
Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:44 AM
'I will be here a while longer'

http://www.col-ed.org/echo2002/paraguay_flag-waving.gif

...Paraguayan fifteen year old Bennyboy stated after his 3rd round appearance in Luxembourg this week. The English born, currently ranked 37 and has been as high as 30, was confident that he wasn't going to disappear from PAW in the future. 'A lot of players have left the game at a young age but I don't plan to do that. I have been inspired by my fellow South Americans Agustin, Hantuchov and spencercarlos who have all won titles and been to number one in the world. I want to say that i will be here while longer and have no plans to leave the tour in the near future. Even if that means I will be the worst player in the history of PAW :lol:. It's sad that South American tennis is in decline at the moment, but I aim to improve it.' :p

SilK
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Singpore [28.12.05] - Within the next few hours, the Singaporean PAW team will release an official statement on the recent 'nationality switching' controversy.

CooCooCachoo
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
News has it that the Singaporean Maffia is handling the coffee maids rather roughly, because they have not added the right amount of sugar. Two maids have already gone missing. Information on their whereabouts can be sent to the PAW Inquisition.