Unquestionable, Frank Booth plays Dennis Hopper in "Blue Velvet" (1986) is one of greatest villain characters :eek: I don't got what people say about him as one of greatest villain character ever until I saw this movie last year. I have to agree with them, he's the greatest villain character ever! He was so brilliant in this movie!
Anne Wilkins plays Kathy Bates in "Misery" (1990) was also brilliant! Anthony Hopkins plays of course, infamous Dr. Hannibal Lecter in "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).
I haven't actually seen "Fatal Attraction" (1987) which Glenn Close as Alex Forrest. I can't see her somehow as a villain character but I saw Top 50 Villains, it rated her as 7th greatest villain character. Was she good in this movie?
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:58 AM
TOP 50 VILLAINS
1. DR. HANNIBAL LECTER (Anthony Hopkins) in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (Orion, 1991)
2. NORMAN BATES (Anthony Perkins) in PSYCHO (Paramount, 1960)
3. DARTH VADER (David Prowse/James Earl Jones) in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (20th Century Fox, 1980)
4. THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST (Margaret Hamilton) in THE WIZARD OF OZ (MGM, 1939)
5. NURSE RATCHED (Louise Fletcher) in ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST (United Artists, 1975)
6. MR. POTTER (Lionel Barrymore) in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (RKO, 1946)
7. ALEX FORREST (Glenn Close) in FATAL ATTRACTION (Paramount, 1987)
8. PHYLLIS DIETRICHSON (Barbara Stanwyck) in DOUBLE INDEMNITY (Paramount, 1944)
9. REGAN MacNEIL (SATAN) (Linda Blair) in THE EXORCIST (Warner Bros., 1973)
10. THE QUEEN (voice of Lucille LaVerne) in SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS (Disney, 1937)
11. MICHAEL CORLEONE (Al Pacino) in THE GODFATHER PART II (Paramount, 1974)
12. ALEX DeLARGE (Malcolm McDowell) in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (Warner Bros., 1971)
13. HAL 9000 (voice of Douglas Rain) in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (MGM, 1968)
14. THE ALIEN (Bolaji Badejo) in ALIEN (20th Century Fox, 1979)
15. AMON GOETH (Ralph Fiennes) in SCHINDLER'S LIST (Universal, 1993)
16. NOAH CROSS (John Huston) in CHINATOWN (Paramount, 1974)
17. ANNIE WILKES (Kathy Bates) in MISERY (Columbia, 1990)
18. THE SHARK in JAWS (Universal, 1975)
19. CAPTAIN BLIGH (Charles Laughton) in MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (MGM, 1935)
20. MAN in BAMBI (Disney, 1942)
21. MRS. JOHN ISELIN (Angela Lansbury) in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (United Artists, 1962)
22. T-1000 (Robert Patrick) in TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY (Tri-Star, 1991)
23. EVE HARRINGTON (Anne Baxter) in ALL ABOUT EVE (20th Century Fox, 1950)
24. GORDON GEKKO (Michael Douglas) in WALL STREET (20th Century Fox, 1987)
25. JACK TORRANCE (Jack Nicholson) in THE SHINING (Warner Bros., 1980)
26. ARTHUR "CODY" JARRETT (James Cagney) in WHITE HEAT (Warner Bros., 1949)
27. MARTIANS in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (Paramount, 1953)
28. MAX CADY (Robert Mitchum) in CAPE FEAR (Universal-International, 1962)
29. REVEREND HARRY POWELL (Robert Mitchum) in THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (United Artists, 1955)
30. TRAVIS BICKLE (Robert DeNiro) in TAXI DRIVER (Columbia, 1976)
31. MRS. DANVERS (Judith Anderson) in REBECCA (United Artists, 1940)
32. CLYDE BARROW & BONNIE PARKER (Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway) in BONNIE AND CLYDE (Warner Bros., 1967)
33. COUNT DRACULA (Bela Lugosi) in DRACULA (Universal, 1931)
34. DR. SZELL (Laurence Olivier) in MARATHON MAN (Paramount, 1976)
35. J. J. HUNSECKER (Burt Lancaster) in SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS (United Artists, 1957)
36. FRANK BOOTH (Dennis Hopper) in BLUE VELVET (DEG, 1986)
37. HARRY LIME (Orson Welles) in THE THIRD MAN (Selznick, 1949)
38. RICO (ENRICO CAESAR BANDELLO) (Edward G. Robinson) in LITTLE CAESAR (MGM, 1930)
39. CRUELLA DE VIL (voice of Betty Lou Gerson) in ONE HUNDRED AND ONE DALMATIANS (Disney, 1961)
40. FREDDY KRUEGER (Robert Englund) in A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (New Line, 1984)
41. JOAN CRAWFORD (Faye Dunaway) in MOMMIE DEAREST (Paramount, 1981)
42. TOM POWERS (James Cagney) in THE PUBLIC ENEMY (Warner Bros., 1931)
43. REGINA GIDDENS (Bette Davis) in THE LITTLE FOXES (RKO/Goldwyn, 1941)
44. "BABY" JANE HUDSON (Bette Davis) in WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? (Warner Bros., 1962)
45. THE JOKER (Jack Nicholson) in BATMAN (Warner Bros., 1989)
46. HANS GRUBER (Alan Rickman) in DIE HARD (20th Century Fox, 1988)
47. TONY CAMONTE (Paul Muni) in SCARFACE (United Artists, 1932)
48. ROGER "VERBAL" KINT (Kevin Spacey) in THE USUAL SUSPECTS (Columbia TriStar, 1995)
49. AURIC GOLDFINGER (Gert Frobe) in GOLDFINGER (United Artists, 1964)
50. DETECTIVE ALONZO HARRIS (Denzel Washington) in TRAINING DAY (Warner Bros., 2001)
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Michael Corleone? I know that he is a Mafia guy but he does not seem to be that bad or am I wrong? I see that Robert Patrick is already there but I would include Scharzie as the Terminator or Tim Curry in IT(if you also include villains from TV movies).
Ted of Teds Tennis
Feb 27th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Gene Tierney's role as Ellen Behrend in "Leave Her to Heaven" should be on the list, as should Lotte Lenya's role as Rosa Klebb in "From Russia With Love".
Feb 27th, 2005, 03:55 PM
The best villains are the ones that managed to be repulsive and compelling, and also strangely inspired in me some confusing sexual attraction to them: Alex DeLarge in Clockwork Orange and Hannibal Lecter.
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Michael Corleone? I know that he is a Mafia guy but he does not seem to be that bad or am I wrong?
You'd think being in the Mafia and killing people would be enough to be a villain but he still doesn't come across as a bad guy so I know what you mean but it's when he killed his own brother that he was seen as just heartless. He didn't respect the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamily!
Nurse Ratched was a good villain because she was cold and evil without being over the top.
Feb 27th, 2005, 06:17 PM
How about Roy Batty from Blade Runner? Is he considered as evil character? But, by end of the movie, he is not so evil or atleast his evilness is understandable. Or, is Deckard the evil character? But, he is depicted as a good person protecting the Earth. That's why I think either one of them can be candidates for the greatest villian character b/c the "greatest"/"scariest" evil is not the one with sharp tooth or coldblood but the one which is most pesuasive, i.e., which could be anyone of us.
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:08 PM
where is Gabbar Singh from the Indian classic "Sholay"
now thats a best film out of India by a million miles.
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Freddy Krueger :scared: ;)
Feb 27th, 2005, 08:10 PM
tarining fday guy is last! :scared: yet...hes one of the most scariest..czu hes so real!
Feb 27th, 2005, 08:31 PM
John Doe from "Se7en" :scared:
Feb 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
LMAO @ Man in Bambi :lol:
I shall add Scar from The lion King too
Feb 27th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I would have to say!!!
That nasty biker dude in the Spongbob SquarePants movie!! :eek: :p
Or maybe the Terminator, when he was evil in the first film!