PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to bother you but...

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:35 PM
LINA has a new cd coming out and if you love her like I do you will go out and get it!

http://www.lina-music.com/v2/index2.html

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Is this the Lina who sang Playa No More????

I loved that song.

And I loved the song she did when she cussed down Blu Cantrell :bounce:

harloo
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Who's Lina?

harloo
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:39 PM
I remember her face, don't think she had a hit though. The new song sounds good though.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Who's Lina?

:eek:
How dare you :fiery:

She is the woman who sang Playa No More and her album "Stranger On Earth" (i think it was called that) was very good.

Blu Cantrell also stole her singing style when she released Hit'em Up style. Lina was the first to sing R&B with a classical type voice.

Lina came back at Blu Cantrell and released a diss record (which I can't find anywhere, I only heard it on the radio) which was about Blu stealing her style!!!

harloo
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:46 PM
:eek:
How dare you :fiery:

She is the woman who sang Playa No More and her album "Stranger On Earth" (i think it was called that) was very good.

Blu Cantrell also stole her singing style when she released Hit'em Up style. Lina was the first to sing R&B with a classical type voice.

Lina came back at Blu Cantrell and released a diss record (which I can't find anywhere, I only heard it on the radio) which was about Blu stealing her style!!!

honey b fly I'm sorry for slipping up. Please forgive me because I'm usually up on the R&B chicks, but Lina had little success when she was out. I vaguely remember her. I did not know she had beef with Blu.:eek:

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Its sad when the sisters who can sing and have talent cant make a dent. Go listen to her cd at Borders or some place like that and you will love her and buy that disk.

Rocketta
Feb 27th, 2005, 03:54 AM
I'll have to raise my hand as someone who has never heard of Lina. :(

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks Cybelle Darkhome for the exposure! I never heard of Lina before but of the snippets I listened to I liked. :)

I liked this (http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=7n1pv4wp9n2z6wdtkk3izer&r=20.asx) track best from her 2001 CD "Stranger On Earth".

Here's a review from Barnes & Noble:

daryl (streatpoet_45@yahoo.com), on the other side of the rainbow
Hello, Beautiful Stanger!
Released to critical acclaim (#1 R&B album of the year by CDNOW.com and Pulse Magazine), Lina's amazing debut album, "Stranger on Earth", is everything but conventional. By taking 1920's-1940's Harlem jazz and mixing it with new age/oldschool hip-hop, Lina has created an album that breaks all barriers. Her voice has a distinct sound belonging only to her, and, at times, is very operatic and beautiful. Though Lina's voice is often compared to those voices of the past (Dinah Washington, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughn - i don't disagree) her music in general reminds me of The Roots' very first album, "Do You Want More?!!???!!" Like MORE, the limits of jazz and hip-hop are not only pushed to boundaries non-existent, but they are melded together to create what no one has heard: music that transcends musical barriers and the needs of commercial America. Amazing job, Lina!!! For those of you waiting for more Lina, she signed with Hidden Beach Records in '03 (home to Jill Scott, Kindred the Family Soul, Darius Rucker, etc) and is set to release her sophmore album, "Inner Beauty", on September 28th, '04.

You can check out the single "I Am" at http://www.underground-soul.com or http://www.lina-music.com.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I am so ashamed to say that I thaught it was a joke and you meant Lena the troll on this board...:o

Rocketta
Feb 28th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I am so ashamed to say that I thaught it was a joke and you meant Lena the troll on this board...:o

you need to be ashamed, ain't nobody thinking of that girl. :lol:

Dava
Feb 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!! I love Playa No Mo'...that track was just so class. I never heard anything else by her, but Im just excited to see her name again.