PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Grady cheering thread!

*hingis_forever*
Feb 26th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Yet another cheering thread for another upcoming Brit! Hannah is scheduled play some upcoming 10Ks in Europe. Hopefully she can go deep in them and get in the 500 soon and beyond!

*hingis_forever*
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Well, good to see all the support she's getting! :o
She is playing in the LTA Roehampton junior grade 1 tournament and had a fantastic first round win over top 200 pro Olga Savchuk 63 61. She plays the tough Marina Erakovic next but if Hannah can beat the likes of Savchuk that easily than she's more than capable of upsetting Erakovic! Go Hannah! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jun 22nd, 2005, 03:30 PM
She lost 60 60 to Erakovic! :o

Monica_Rules
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Shes not in junior wimbledon which makes me think that she is prob injured.

Someone sadi something about a virus? has that come back?

*hingis_forever*
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:40 PM
:sad: That would explain the score against Erakovic. Erakovic is good but should not be beating Hannah 60 60! :sad:

mlq1986
Jul 18th, 2005, 01:17 AM
where is hannah she is playing very limited challengers :scratch: hope to see hannah back soon

WIMBY
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Hannah is playing County and NCL but is off to college in the US. Good Luck Hannah.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I saw Hannah at Wimby and she was doing the stats on one of the IBM hand-held gadgets.

easy way to get to Wimby every yr :o

WIMBY
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:19 AM
The LTA website says she is playing for Warwickshire this week. :)

bluepastures
Jul 26th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Yes, Hannah is playing for Warwickshire this week. I was down at Eastbourne on Monday & Tuesday. Hannah was playing with Claire Lyte both days. I saw 2 of their 3 matches on Monday when they beat 2 Middlesex pairs:

V Susie Dart / Lena Keothavong 6-1, 6-0
V Rebecca Dandeniya / Mili Shah 6-1, 6-1

They also beat Tilly Callow and Frances Hearn in straight sets, but I didn't see any of that.

Yesterday they were playing Sussex and won their first 2 matches (I left before their final match):

V Carly Homewood / Kate Smith - 2 sets (6-3 in 2nd)
V Stephanie Trill / Sally Turner 6-3, 6-3

Other players of interest who I saw play were:

Surrey - Rebecca Rankin (with Alex Napier), Hannah Collin (with Michelle Oldham)
Lancashire - Jane O'Donoghue & Liz Thomas (they were playing together yesterday)
Essex - Stephanie Cornish & Amanda Keen (played together yesterday, winning their first 2 matches), Amanda Wainwright (former pro) and Caroline Janes (Amanda Keen's older sister). No Helen Crook this year.
Warwickshire - Jessica Jackson, Luisa Cowper and Louise Latimer
Sussex - Natasha Khan & Lucy Warburton

Monica_Rules
Jul 26th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Luisa Cowper. LOL! I'm friends at uni with someone who used to be at Luisa Cowper tennis club and played with her LOL!

bluepastures
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Before Monday, the last time I had seen Cowper play, was at the Cumberland (West Hampstead) $10,000 event back in 2002. She had a world ranking for a couple of years.

form
May 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Years later update... :wavey:

Has had big US college career along with getting a degree. Reached two NCAA singles and one NCAA doubles championship along with four league titles.

http://www.longbeachstate.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/042109aaa.html

www.longbeachstate.com/sports/w-tennis/lbst-w-tennis-body.html

and a really nice newspaper article from April 2009 in Southern California (front page; web site does not do justice; included two really nice photos but the one on the web site is a long shot) :bounce:

http://www.presstelegram.com/columnists/ci_12250782

bluepastures
May 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Interesting report, thanks for posting this. A few other British girls are mentioned in the report too:
Jessica Weeks, Deborah Armstrong (who had a senior ITF world ranking at the end of 2006 and 2007, clearly gone blonde looking at the picture on the website!) and Lisa Sutton.

form
May 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Lots of Brits over in US now. Long Beach State has gone from 300 to 25 in national D1 rankings with a bunch of UK's over the decade (Vicky Stone, Laura Thomas, Rachael Porsz, Grady/Weeks/Armstrong/Sutton). Missed out on Natasha Marks who wanted LB but was out of scholarships; Marks nearly won the Pac 10 (huge tourney) Championship last week.

Great way to get education and continue playing.