PDA

View Full Version : Mireille Dittmann

Postcard
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Dittmann fights age and lack of chances
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Tennis/Dittman-fights-age-and-lack-of-chances/2005/02/25/1109180108427.html

"Mireille Dittmann is one of Victoria's four best tennis players. Yet each summer, she has to wait for the Australian tournaments to end before she can start playing again..."

AUSBOY
Feb 27th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Dittman fights age and lack of chances
By Tim Colebatch
February 26, 2005

Mirielle Dittman is one of Victoria's four best tennis players. Yet each summer, she has to wait for the Australian tournaments to end before she can start playing again.

For her, 2005 began two weeks ago in New Zealand. In Wellington, she reached the final of a $13,000 satellite tournament before losing in three sets to Kiwi No.2 Leanne Baker.

Then last week, across Cook Strait, she lost another final, surrounded by vineyards at Blenheim in New Zealand's sunbelt, losing 7-6 in the final set to Korean Kyung-Mi Chang.

It's a world far from the glamour of the Australian Open, Paris, Wimbledon, New York, or playing Anna Kournikova on centre court in Shanghai, all of which have featured in Dittman's tennis life. These days her hotels are backpacker hostels, and the $2800 prizemoney from two weeks in NZ a godsend.

"That's a good start to the year", she said. "It gets my ranking down to about 400. What I needed was just to get some match play."

But wait. Why does a player ranked 16th in Australia need match play after the five Australian tournaments to which Tennis Australia has handed out wildcards or direct entry to 24 Australian players? It's simple: Dittman is seen as too old. She is 30. So Tennis Australia ignored her while handing out wildcards into qualifying rounds to nine younger players ranked below her. One teenager she defeated twice in November got three wildcards in January, while Dittman got none.

It's been the story of her life. "My age group missed a lot of opportunities," she said. "When I was younger, the wildcards went to older girls with higher rankings. Now I'm older, they're giving them to younger girls with lower rankings. But many people develop later, and I'm one."

This week she is playing in Bendigo, in a $35,000 challenger event, , where she will play Evie Dominikovic in the quarter-finals, then joining the Victorian satellite circuit on grass. At 30, surely she must be thinking of giving it away? Not yet, she says. "It does get depressing at times, but you fight on."

azza
Feb 27th, 2005, 03:23 AM
:sad:

petey_pan
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Mirielle :wavey: What a trooper - hope she has a great year! Quarters in bendigo will help!

ozfan44
Mar 1st, 2005, 04:31 AM
Wonder what her schedule is gonna be?

she is playing German League Tennis but i don't know when that starts/finsihes

hopefully she goes to europe and does well at the events over there and can get back up into the top 300/250 and get into fo qualies!

AUSBOY
Mar 11th, 2005, 06:17 AM
OMG just looked at Mireille's doubles record her tiebreaker hell ride started in both singles and doubles at the $25K Challenger in Les Contamines in Jul 2003.

Since then Mireille is 2-15 in tiebreakers in doubles, and 2-16 in tiebreakers in singles, combined thats 4-31!!! :o

Interesting that it started at a tournament where she had won of her best wins of Bianka Lamade!

broncosven
Mar 11th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Thats a bad record

i have a similar record where i lose the first set like 8 out of 10 times

but geez a tie break record like that is absolutely disasterous !!

ozfan44
Mar 12th, 2005, 03:40 AM
very similar to my records

SeanyQ
Apr 5th, 2005, 04:24 AM
I saw Mireille had entered a $25k (either Mexico or US) was on the entry list yesterday. Not there today & there is no withdrawal info either :confused: . I'm presuming this is due to an injury in Yarrawonga where she pulled out at 0-4 in the 3rd set of her 1st round :sad: :sad: .
Hopefully we'll see some results next week :rolleyes: .
& T.A will look after her this Summer if her results keep going the way they had been prior to $10K Aus circuit :tape: :cool: .

AUSBOY
Apr 5th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Dittmann is playing Jackson $25K Qualifying next week. She pulled out of $75K Dothan and is playing the $10K in Japan the following week. Hopefully she will then go on to play the $25K in Japan the week after

SeanyQ
Apr 7th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks Ausboy, I was hoping she'd play another $10k while she was over there. Is then playing in a $25k in Japan the following week. She only has to win like another 18 points for the rest of the year to be even with last year. If she can just get her tiebreak problem sorted, she should get straight into a some MD's in January - since she obviously can't hope for any WC's from TA!

AUSBOY
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Mireille has like 0.5 of a point to defend until July! Her rank certainly cant drop!

I dont know about her getting into some MD's directly but if she can get back into the 200's then maybe she will be given some qualifying WC's next summer!

Btw her surname has a double NN at the end, u might wanna correct your username hehe

ozfan44
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Mirielle,

IMO should be over playing in europe

that where she has her best results

love for her to get back into 200's

AUSBOY
Apr 7th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Mirielle,

IMO should be over playing in europe

that where she has her best results

love for her to get back into 200's

Last year was a disaster for her in Europe, she kept qualifying for all the $25K's and losing in the 1st round main draw! She had a win loss of 24-12 but walked away with like 15 points or something!

azza
Apr 7th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ahh i die at the toiught of a 15 Hr flight to Dubai then 5+ hours to some europea country :o

SeanyQ
Apr 9th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Mireille has like 0.5 of a point to defend until July! Her rank certainly cant drop!

I dont know about her getting into some MD's directly but if she can get back into the 200's then maybe she will be given some qualifying WC's next summer!

Btw her surname has a double NN at the end, u might wanna correct your username hehe

Onya Sonya, there's no "nn" at the end of Dittman (Dittmann - nah!!) :haha:
Actually, shit! You're right!! Oh well, I feel bad (not!)
Anyway, I'm just being optimistic - her ranking would be a hell of a lot higher if she could play tiebreakers like she used to be able to. I remember seeing her play a $10k in Albury/Wodonga years ago - she beat Jane Taylor 7-6 in the 3rd (QF) & then Lorna Woodroffe something like 3-6,7-6,6-4 (final). She was down match points in the tb & still won. What would be the chance of that happening now days? (none!). I was spewing I missed her 6-2,7-6 loss to Asa Carlsson a couple of years back on the Gold Coast (I lived there at the time but was working that day) & didn't realise Liz Smylie & her clan would never give Miz a Q-WC there again. I'm now in Brisbane, so hopefully I'll get to see her play this Jan. I'm planning on heading to Rockhampton in Oct if it's confirmed the $25k will be there again. Haven't seen many of the lower ranked players of late. Saw Monique & Casey's 2r Q matches on the Goldie a couple of months ago. Was pretty impressed (except for the serves on both of them - double fault, 2nd serve, double fault - they both had more chance on their opponents serve!). :fiery:

SeanyQ
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Mireille is drawn to play a wildcard Ayaka Maekawa (Japan) who is unranked in the $10k event in Yamaguchi (Japan). Mireille is the 3rd seed.
Only result I could find for her was:

Ayaka Maekawa JPN

* (dob) Aug 23 1983

Sutama ($25,000 - Japan) Nov 7 2004
1 H Komori-Q - A Maekawa 6-7(5),7-6(4),6-4

Hopefully Miz can wipe the court with her! They're playing today. She'd then expect to play Da Ja Hong (Korea - ranked 773). I only see two threats for Mireille in this tournament. The #2 seed Su-Wei Hsieh (who beat Mireille a couple of years ago on hardcourt) & Lauren Breadmore (#1 seed) - I think she's gotten the upper hand on Loz though, having beaten her twice in NZ a couple of months ago.
C'mon Mireille - win the whole tournament! :bounce:

AUSBOY
Apr 20th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Mireille has pulled out of all the Asians events!

She did this last year, I hope its not injury, I want to see her back playing challengers!

SeanyQ
Apr 21st, 2005, 08:34 AM
Mireille has pulled out of all the Asians events!

She did this last year, I hope its not injury, I want to see her back playing challengers!

Bloody Hell!! I didn't realise she'd pulled out of the whole circuit :mad: :sad:
If it isn't the injury she suffered against Krishnamurthy then this was a waste of a good draw! :fiery:

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 08:40 AM
Oh well, hope she can recover quickly!

broncosven
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Morocco Qualies !!

[WC] Anet Kaasik EST vs. Mireille Dittmann AUS

azza
May 1st, 2005, 01:50 AM
[WC] Anet Kaasik EST Def Mireille Dittmann AUS 2-6 6-4 6-3 :eek: :tape: :sad:

broncosven
May 1st, 2005, 04:15 AM
Shameful !!!

SeanyQ
May 1st, 2005, 05:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :fiery: :mad: :banghead: :speakles:
I suppose even though it was a shocker, at least we know she's back playing & OK. I'm sure she won't take long to get back in the swing of it. She didn't come too far off winning.

AUSBOY
May 1st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Terrible result, at least she is back from injury!!

She's travelled all that way too, so its looks promising that she will play several events in Europe.

Hopefully her next stop will be the WTA in Turkey!

Mr_Molik
May 1st, 2005, 11:32 PM
wasted opportunity :sad:

ozfan44
May 3rd, 2005, 04:10 AM
i think she is getting ready for german league tennis????

anywayz her and old perth girl german svenja weidemann were 2 seed in doubles qualies, they knocked off some local wildcards in round one then lost 76 75 to shikha uberoi and castano but got in as LL's but now play top seeds yan & zheng

broncosven
May 3rd, 2005, 04:50 AM
Some more money for her atleast ??

Who knows they might win ?? lol . . . weirder things have happened !!

SeanyQ
May 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
1- Castano/S.Uberoi d Dittmann/Weidemann - 7-6(4),7-6(3) :fiery: .
That means Mireille's lost all 10 tiebreaks she's played this year (5 in singles, 5 in doubles) :sad: . Maybe it would be worth her seeing a sports psychologist about this. it's gotta be costing her lot of money in lost matches.
In the maindraw she & Svenja play #1 seeds Yan/Zheng. Mirelle & Emily Hewson lost to Yan/Zheng in the 1st round of Hobart (also seeded #1) -
6-2,6-1. Mireille seems to be having better results with Svenja than with Emily though.

Take this for example:
Warrnambool (March 6):

1r: Gonzales/Horiatopoulos d. Dittmann/Hewson - 6-3,6-2.

Benalla (March 13):
1r: Dittmann/Weidermann d. Gonzales/Horiatopoulos - 6-7(2),6-4,6-2.

Hopefully this is a good sign?!

Prizemoney for Mireille in singles in Morocco - $175 & Doubles $275 ($500 if she makes the next round). It can't be easy winning only $450 for the week when she hasn't received any prizemoney since mid March. I really hope she goes well in the MD dub's :unsure:

broncosven
May 3rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
Well she really should of won her singles qualifying

there are a few Tier IV's which she will get into over enxt few weeks and hopefully get her some more prize money !!

SeanyQ
May 4th, 2005, 03:50 AM
The girl she lost to reached the Sf's in singles & won the doubles in a $10k last week - so the loss could've been worse.
She'll be right next week! I'm still hanging out for the doubles result.

SeanyQ
May 5th, 2005, 02:14 AM
MD Doubles 1r:
1-Yan/Zheng d. Dittmann/Weidemann - 6-3,6-1 :sad:
Still, it's better than the 6-2,6-1 score they beat Dittmann/Hewson in Hobart ;)
Good luck next week Mireille!

broncosven
May 6th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Krajicek, Michaella NED (2) vs. Tu, Meilen USA
Stanciute, Lina LTU vs. Drake, Maureen CAN
Vaňková, Kateřina CZE vs. Dittmann, Mireille AUS
Blahotová, Olga CZE vs. Hopkins, Jennifer USA

Here's her quarter

Hope she can win this !

azza
May 7th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Please win Mirielle!! :hearts:

SeanyQ
May 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
German League:
Dittmann d. Antonia Matic - 2-6,7-5,6-1 :bounce:
M.Muller/J.Wohr d. M.Dittmann/K.Nagy - 7-5,6-2 :mad: but who cares after the singles win!!!
Matic's ranked 80 places above Mireille, so this was a great win, especially after her last loss.
Good luck against Katerina Vankova in Prague qualies.
The only other entry I could find was 23 May @ Shanghai ($25k). She's #2 on the qualifying list currently, which means by the time the tournament gets nearer she should be MD.

SeanyQ
May 7th, 2005, 06:55 AM
I also found a score for dub's match she played in German League last year.
Dittmann/Weidemann d. Valekova/Wurst - 3-6,7-5,7-6.
A third set t.b win only a year ago. I'm glad she didn't get into one against Matic in the 2nd set though!

AUSBOY
May 7th, 2005, 08:09 AM
She's entered in MD of $25K in Spain next week!!

azza
May 7th, 2005, 12:33 PM
She lost 6-1 6-4 :sad:

broncosven
May 8th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Quite Pitaful !!

Better Luck in Doubles

SeanyQ
May 8th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Great! I didn't even notice she was entered next week.
I'm pretending the singles match in Prague never happened. She's just gone from her best win of the year (against Matic to her worst!). Hope she goes well in the dub's.

SeanyQ
May 8th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Ausboy, is this the $25k in Monzon, Spain? I Can't see her on an entry list for anywhere next week! :confused:

SeanyQ
May 9th, 2005, 04:59 AM
She didn't make it into the dub's qualies :mad:
Ausboy, do you know what she's entered next week?

AUSBOY
May 9th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Tenerife $25K in Spain, she is in the Main Draw!!

ozfan44
May 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM
she really could of done with a win or 2 over the past couple of weeks :sad:

azza
May 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM
:(

SeanyQ
May 10th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Tenerife $25K in Spain, she is in the Main Draw!!
Thanks mate! I actually looked at this draw (and every single other one on wtatour.com) was totally doing my head in, couldn't find her anywhere. Blind as a bat!!! Have found it now. Cheers!

SeanyQ
May 17th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Singles Quarter of Draw:
(1)Janes (GBR) v. Jad-Gomez (ESP)
Velasco-Andreu (ESP) v. Dittman (AUS)
(q)Font (ESP) v. Heitz (FRA)
Timotic (SCG) v. (5)Azarenka (BLR)
----------------
Gabriela Velasco-Andreu is ranked 417 (as of 16/5) & from Spanish.
She's ranked only 27 places below Mireille - hopefully the homecourt advantage won't make the difference. Mireille's last 2 losses playing for points have been shockers. The last to an unranked, 2nd last was ranked in the 700's.
Hopefully she'll be able to get it together this week!
-----------------
Doubles Half of Draw:
Antypina/De Beer (Ukr/Rsa, 1) vs Cabrera/Martin (Esp, WC)
Font/Pascual-Rodriguez (Esp) vs Babilon/Barna (Ale)
Dittmann/Vanhyfte (Ale/Bel, 3) vs Ospina/Waernes (Usa/Esp)
Fritche/Thomas (Gbr) def Abbasi/Hamzic (Sue, Q) 6/0 6/0
-----------------
Mireille's the highest ranked dub's player in her 1r match at 273. Her partner Eveline Vanhyfte is ranked 397 in singles (on initial entry list she's listed as 1 ranking place below Miz) & 343 in dub's.
So she's done well with choosing Eveline.
They should be too good for opponents Diana Ospina (472 in dub's) & Astrid Waernes (539). Should they advance to next round, may have fun with Fritche/Thomas (Gbr) judging by their 1r score (6-0,6-0!!)

C'mon Mireille!!!!!

broncosven
May 17th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Hope she can win a few

SeanyQ
May 18th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Mireille Dittmann def Gabriela Velasco-Andreu 6-1,6-2!!!
:rocker: :banana: :rocker2:
She plays #1 seed (Amanda Janes - Gbr) next. If she can just beat her, I will be content for the next 2 months!!! :D

ozfan44
May 18th, 2005, 08:03 AM
She should beat her!!!!

but you never know which Mirielle is going to turn up and for how long she will stay in these kinds matches!!!!

SeanyQ
May 18th, 2005, 10:28 AM
R1 3-Dittmann/Van Hyfte (BLG) def Ospina (USA)/Waernes (ESP) 2-6 6-2 6-4
:bounce: :worship:
keep it going Mireille :D

azza
May 18th, 2005, 10:57 AM
She should beat her!!!!

but you never know which Mirielle is going to turn up and for how long she will stay in these kinds matches!!!!

what makes ya say that :o Mirielle isnt the one to cause upsets she just beats the players shes meant to

broncosven
May 18th, 2005, 09:50 PM
good for winning one round !!

ozfan44
May 19th, 2005, 09:32 AM
she pushed janes all the way!

lost 6-7 6-4 4-6

another bloody lost tiebreaker

mirielle is tricky player and when she gets going on clay her hard flat groundies will trouble a few people

SeanyQ
May 20th, 2005, 04:57 AM
I'm pretending that match never happened :fiery:

azza
May 20th, 2005, 05:14 AM
she could of won 76 64 :sad:

SeanyQ
May 20th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Doubles:
(3)Dittmann/Vanhyfte d. Fritchie/Thomas - 6-3,6-2 :D
I'm going to go through & see if anyone else has a tiebreak record anywhere near as bad as Mireille's this year. I'll let you know how I go.

SeanyQ
May 20th, 2005, 10:00 PM
It keeps getting worse!!!!
Doubles SF:
Barna/Babilon (Ger) d. Dittmann/Vanhyfte -7-5,4-6,7-6(5) :fiery:
That 0-6 in both singles & doubles tiebreakers!! Can you imagine how her partner would feel going into a tiebreaker with her!
How frustrating!!!!

SeanyQ
May 30th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Well Mireille decided not to bother turning up for the $75k in the Czech Republic. She was on the alternate for qualifying list. Last accepted player in qualifying was ranked well over 1000!! Mireille would've made the draw easily! I have bad feelings that Mireille is starting to wind things down :sad:
It must be hard knowing that you are losing so many matches & ranking points due to an inability to play tiebreaks!!!

azza
May 30th, 2005, 03:22 AM
:o Mirirlle silly girl :smash:

AUSBOY
May 30th, 2005, 03:44 AM
She's entered Grado $25K in Italy

SeanyQ
May 30th, 2005, 04:01 AM
She's entered, but will she play??? :rolleyes:

SeanyQ
May 30th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Maybe she will! She's withdrawn from $75k Croatia & $50k France - but is still entered in $25k Italy. I can't understand why she didn't just play the $25k in Italy this week?! Geez I hope she doesn't have to play anymore tiebreaks for the next few tournies!

AUSBOY
May 30th, 2005, 05:14 AM
She's entered $25K in Gorizia, Italy the week after as well.

I think her German League tennis influences her availability to play.

SeanyQ
May 30th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Her team played on the 29th of May. She didn't play at all then either!

SeanyQ
May 30th, 2005, 01:16 PM
She's entered Grado $25K in Italy
She withdrew today! :rolleyes: :mad:

AUSBOY
May 30th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Still in Gorizia in 2 weeks time!

SeanyQ
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM
She's in the doubles of the $75k Zagreb with Svenja Weidemann. But isn't playing singles!!?? She hasn't been playing German League matches. I can't understand why she'd only play in the dubs? :confused:

AUSBOY
Jun 6th, 2005, 01:53 AM
She's been battling injuries, was reported in Victorian Tennis News!

SeanyQ
Jun 9th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Zagreb $75k Doubles QF:
(3) D.Klemenschits (AUT)/D.Klemenschits (AUT) d.
Dittmann (AUS)/Weidemann (GER) 7-6(3) :rolleyes: :o , 6-0.
I think they won their 1st round against Klepac/Pisnik on a w/o.

broncosven
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:50 PM
GET BACK INTO SINGLES !!!

her results were ok . . wonder especaillly now since alot of others are playing higher tournies - she could really make a killing !!

SeanyQ
Jun 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
$25k Gorizia Qual 1r:
[11]Mireille Dittmann(AUS) vs. Dia Evtimova (BUL)

broncosven
Jun 11th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Thank God !!

Good Luck

SeanyQ
Jun 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Dia Evtimova d. Mireille - 6-2,4-6,6-3 :rolleyes:
Fingers crossed she does better in the doubles.
She has to be close to winning a tiebreaker soon!

AUSBOY
Jun 13th, 2005, 11:54 AM
She pulled out of $25K Fontanafredda, Italy next week, but is still entered in $25K in Perigueux, France which was her 2nd choice

SeanyQ
Jun 15th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Not playing dub's this week! Hope she's ok... :confused:

SeanyQ
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:00 AM
France $25k:
Singles qualifying:
1r - bye
2r - Heitz d. Dittmann - 6-3,6-2 :rolleyes:
Doubles:
1r - Dittmann/Weidemann d. Kuryanovich/Vanneste - 6-1,7-5 :D
They avoided another tiebreaker!! :lol:

AUSBOY
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:24 AM
Mireille is playing $25K Bastaad, Sweden next week. She has always done well here in the passed, hopefully she can at least win a round. At the moment she is 4th in Qualifying.

She then entered another 3 events the following week so it looks like Mireille is doin a good job at racking up the tournaments given the little prizemoney she's earnt this year

broncosven
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
That's good for her !!

Shame she cant win a game or two aswell !!

SeanyQ
Jun 23rd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Doubles QF:
4) HARING / KONDRATIEVA d. DITTMANN/WEIDEMANN.........
7-6(4) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,6-1 :fiery: .

azza
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
does Mirielle know she has this bad of a TB Record? :o

SeanyQ
Jun 28th, 2005, 10:10 AM
does Mirielle know she has this bad of a TB Record? :o
Surely she'd have to. It has to be to the point where she knows she's lost the set as soon as it get to a tiebreaker!! :rolleyes:
$25k Bastard Sweden:
Singles - R1 Mireille Dittmann Vs (7) Romina Oprandi :tape:
Doubles - R1 Debbrich Feys\Caroline Maes Vs Julia Babilon/Mireille Dittmann :D Julia's a better player than Mireille's usual partners of late.
So hopefully she'll be able to pull her through the inevitable tiebreaker this week! :confused:

SeanyQ
Jun 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Mireille lost her singles 1r 6-0,6-2 against Oprandi... :o :rolleyes: :sad:
What can I say??? :sad:

azza
Jun 28th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Mirielle :eek: ass Whopping :sad:

SeanyQ
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:50 PM
As Azza has reported on a new thread, Mireille won a tiebreaker!!!!
That's right, Mireille Dittmann won a tiebreaker! Lost the match, but who gives a crap! She won a tiebreaker!!
R1 Debbrich Feys\Caroline Maes Vs Julia Babilon/Mireille Dittmann
- 6-1,6-7(5), :eek: :worship: :bounce: 6-3
15th go lucky for the year!!!!

SeanyQ
Jul 5th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Felixstore - GBR - $25k - Grass:
1r - vs Melissa Berry (GBR).
Good draw. Let's hope Mireille's 100% fit again.

SeanyQ
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Lost 6-2,6-2 :o
She lost her 1r doubles on a w/o.
Back to clay this week...off to Hamilton $25k Canada!!
Strange scheduling:
SWE - clay, the next week GBR - grass, then straight to CAN - clay!?
Same with Lauren Breadmore played Felixstowe grass now off to Hamilton too!

ozfan44
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:58 AM
its bread into aussies that they have bad scheduling!

AUSBOY
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:32 AM
No they are just aiming for the weaker tournaments. Backfired a bit though, hopefully they can come good in Hamilton!!

SeanyQ
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I've never seen Mireille lose to so many low ranked players before. She's getting good draws playing WC's ranked between 700 & unranked, yet is still lucky to get to 6-4 in a set! I wish she would play 3 x $10k hardcourt tournies in a row & get some matchplay under her belt. I'd hate to see her spending all that money travelling to Canada & the States only to lose 1r's yet again!!

SeanyQ
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Did you notice Ausboy? Better late than never!! ;)

SeanyQ
Jul 14th, 2005, 06:08 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Enough said really!!!

SeanyQ
Jul 15th, 2005, 02:03 AM
OK while the singles loss was a disaster (7-6(5),7-5 to someone she hammered a few months ago!) she's done well in doubles:
1r: (1) Dittmann/Matic d. Baker/Paradis - 6-2,6-1 :worship:
QF: (1) Dittmann/Matic d. Blagodorova/Pola - 6-0,6-2 :bounce:
SF: VS (4) Kumiko Iijima/Junri Namigata :tape:

CCCP1
Jul 16th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Good luck in the Semi Final Mirielle

SeanyQ
Jul 17th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Doubles SF:
(4) Kumiko Iijima/Junri Namigata d. (3) Dittmann/Matic - 6-3,7-6(1) :o
Brings her t/b record to 0-7 singles & 1-9 doubles!! This was her worst tiebreak of the year!!
Still a good effort to get to the SF's of the dub's considering her form of late in singles. Hopefully she'll gain some confidence from this. The extra match play should help too.

SeanyQ
Jul 17th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Hammond (L.A) - $25k - Hardcourt:
1r - bye
2r - vs (12 seed/720 rank) - Nicole Leimbach (USA) or Phoebe Di Leo (USA).
Leimbach's in good form. She made the SF's of a $10k last fortnight (beating Acquistapace 6-1,6-1 in 1r) & the QF's of a $10k this week. Mireille always loses after having a 1r bye! :sad:

SeanyQ
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Nicole Leimbach (USA) d. Dittmann - 6-2,6-1 :o :o :o
So basically it doesn't matter who Mireille is drawn or what their ranking is. She'll lose in straight sets!!! :o :o
I can't remember a time before that she would've been capable of losing to someone ranked 720, let alone be hammered by her! If this is still happening by the AUS challengers, I think she should save her money & retire!

SeanyQ
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:31 AM
clay, grass, clay, now hardcourt - surfaces for last 4 weeks!
Will probably get flogged in the 1r of the MD as a LL.
Doubles 1r:
(2/601) Mireille/Lauren Breadmore vs (1569) Carson/M.Inoue (USA)

broncosven
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:40 AM
That's a shocking singles result !!!

Let's hope Lauren's good form in Doubles can get them a win or four !

AUSBOY
Jul 19th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Leimbach has won two $10K's, she no slouch! Wasnt as easy as it looked on paper!

SeanyQ
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:22 PM
OK while the singles loss was a disaster (7-6(5),7-5 to someone she hammered a few months ago!) she's done well in doubles:
Well it just keeps getting better! After losing 7-6,7-5 to Tiffany Eklov last week (which was bad enough). Mireille enters the MD as a LL & loses 1r to (WC) Eklov again. This time 6-3,6-1. :rolleyes: Top stuff there!!
Hopefully she can do well in doubles again this week.

AUSBOY
Jul 20th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Eklov is moving up the ranks fast, up over 400 places this year already!

SeanyQ
Jul 21st, 2005, 05:47 AM
Doubles 1r: (2/601) Mireille/Loz d. (1569) Carson/M.Inoue (USA) - 6-1,6-2 :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:
At least she's doing really well in doubles!! :D
Here's a sign of Mireille's singles form. Nicole Leimbach (beat Miz 6-2,6-1 in qualies) lost 6-0,6-2 in the MD to someone ranked 333. She has to be (over)due for a singles win soon though!

SeanyQ
Jul 23rd, 2005, 04:26 AM
Dub's QF:
Gambale/Hyndman (unranked) d. Breadmore/Dittmann (2/601) - 7-5,7-6(4) :rolleyes:
T/B record 2005: Singles - 0/7 & Doubles - 1/10.
Now that takes a certain talent to have a t/b record like that!! :o
So they have a whole $196 to halve betwene them for making the QF's.....

CCCP1
Jul 23rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
OMG only 196 between them that is terrible

SeanyQ
Jul 24th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Lexington $50k:
Qual 1r: (421) Dittmann vs (545) Jennifer Elie (USA) :tape: :tape:
Good luck Mireille, you really do need it at the moment!!

CCCP1
Jul 25th, 2005, 06:51 AM
She won 6-4 7-5, ever since you changed your name seany LOL

broncosven
Jul 25th, 2005, 06:57 AM
She can did it again now !!!

let's go for a record two in a row

SeanyQ
Jul 25th, 2005, 08:39 AM
She won 7-5 6-4, ever since you changed your name seany LOL
I know! And instead of being positive about her chances/draw. I was as negative as & convinced myself she'd lose!! At least her 2r loss to Svetlana Krivencheva is to be expected.... :sad: ( ;) )
Well done Mireille :woohoo: :rocker: :banana: - try to do your best in 2r!

SeanyQ
Jul 26th, 2005, 12:13 AM
2r: (7/310) Svetlana Krivecheva d. Dittmann - 6-0,6-2 :o
Well done for winning a match, but Svetlana's not good enough to lose by such an easy scoreline!
What's going on with the dub's? :confused: Neither Mireille, Lauren nor Daniella are playing!

SeanyQ
Jul 26th, 2005, 12:32 AM
So Daniella & Mireille are playing in the dub's (not together). Strange that Lauren & Mireille didn't play together. Mireille played qualies & Lauren didn't bother. Had they played together again they would've been straight into the MD.....
(1618) Tuchband/Wozniak (USA/CAN) d. (3/1006) Dittmann/Rolle (AUS/USA) - 5-4(2),5-4(2) (What Mireille lost 2 t/b's :eek: :eek: Shock, Horror!!)
Brings the record to 1/19 for the year!! :lol:

CCCP1
Jul 27th, 2005, 12:06 PM
LOL i wonder if she realises that she can not win tiebreaks

SeanyQ
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:43 PM
LOL i wonder if she realises that she can not win tiebreaks
She'd have to. I reckon that's why she's doing so bad now. It's a mental problem!

broncosven
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:54 PM
(1618) Tuchband/Wozniak (USA/CAN) d. (3/1006) Dittmann/Rolle (AUS/USA) - 5-4(2),5-4(2)

It's getting into a laughable state now . . . . .

AUSBOY
Jul 28th, 2005, 01:20 AM
At least Mireille has snuck into the main draw in Vancouver for next week, guaranteed 1 point and a couple of hundred dollars if she loses!

Yeah poor Mireille, she started the year on fire, then got injured and has had no confidence since! Hopefully she can regroup before the Aussie Challengers, at least she's getting more match play than a lot of the other aussies, even if its bad match play hehe!

SeanyQ
Jul 28th, 2005, 07:50 AM
At least Mireille has snuck into the main draw in Vancouver for next week, guaranteed 1 point and a couple of hundred dollars if she loses!

Yeah poor Mireille, she started the year on fire, then got injured and has had no confidence since! Hopefully she can regroup before the Aussie Challengers, at least she's getting more match play than a lot of the other aussies, even if its bad match play hehe!
Ausboy, do you know what the injury was?

SeanyQ
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Ausboy, do you know what the injury was?
I guess not.......
Vancouver $25k:
Singles 1r - Mireille vs [WC] J. O'Neill (CAN)
Doubles 1r - [1] Cargill/Schlukebir (USA) vs Dittmann/Nagle (CAN)
Will see what info I can dig out on O'Neill & Nagel. Below are Rated Next's comments on Nagle from the Vancouver thread:

(15)Katarina Zoricic d. Courtney Nagle 61 61

didn't see much of this but from what I saw, Courtney was pretty bad

So they're against the top seeds. :rolleyes: At least there won't be another t/b loss in dub's this week!! :lol:

SeanyQ
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Jillian O'Neill (CAN)
- no singles or dub's ranking;
- turns 16 tomorrow (I hope she doesn't have b'day luck!). Mireille has lost to a couple of unranked or really low ranked WC's aged around 16 this year :tape:
- Hasn't played outside of Canada;
- Career singles matches to date:
Mont-Tremblant ($10,000 - Canada) June 20 2004
Qual 1 J O'Neill - M Komlos 6-0 6-1
Qual 2 J O'Neill - M Milic 6-1 6-2
1 J O'Neill-Q - L Borza-LL 6-4 6-1
2 J O'Neill-Q - B Jones-Q 3-6 6-1 6-2
QF S Greau - J O'Neill-Q 6-1 6-2
Quebec Nov 7 2004
Qual 1 J Peterson - J O'Neill-WC 7-5 6-1
Hamilton ($25,000 - Canada) July 17 2005
1 A Blagodorova-Q - J O'Neill 6-73 6-4 6-2
-----------------------------------------------------
Courtney Nagle (USA) :rolleyes:
I wish I hadn't looked!
- turns 23 next year;
- Never ranked in singles or dub's;
- Prior to losing 1r qual match here to someone ranked 1004, had never won even 0.25 points in singles or dub's;
- Has lost in qualifying for every $10k she's played;
- Singles w/l t/b record 1/2;
- This is her 1st match outside of the USA.
- Poor Mireille must've been really F##'n desperate for a partner!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
Good luck Mireille. Good chance for a MD singles win!!

SeanyQ
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Singles 1r - Mireille d. [WC] J. O'Neill (CAN) - 6-1,2-6,7-5 :worship: :bounce: It's been a while since she's won a tough match like this! Well done Mireille, also well done for avoiding a 3rd set t/b ;) .
Doubles 1r - [1] Cargill/Schlukebir (USA) vs Dittmann/Nagle (USA) - 6-2,6-4. Still she must've been playing well to carry her partner to that close a match :D . Much closer than I was expecting.

broncosven
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Woo Hooo !!!

SeanyQ
Aug 5th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Sarah Riske (USA) d. Dittmann 63 46 63 :sad:
Still promising signs this week. Riske took out the 3rd seed in 1r & has been playing well of late.

ozfan44
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Miz is entered into WTA Bali and is currently 102nd on the Next in Qualies list!

However if she doesn't pull out should move up steadily in next 2 weeks as expect a lot of withdrawals, last year there was no cut off for qualies!

broncosven
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Great

Good Luck

AUSBOY
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:03 AM
She already pulled out of Beijing $50K when she wouldve made the main draw :(

ozfan44
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:52 AM
i doubt we will see Miz or any of the aussies show up much before aussies challengers!

SeanyQ
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Mackay:
Singles: (419) Mireille vs (379) Emily Hewson.
Head 2 Head: 1-1
2001 - Grass - Dittmann - 7-6(7),6-1.
2004 - Grass - Hewson - 6-7(5),7-5,7-6(1).

Doubles: (641) Mireille/Emily vs (WC) Shannon Golds/Maria Sorbello (AUS)
Mireille/Emily w/l record together 5/7; t/b record - 0/2.
SF - 2004 - Ho Chi Minh City $25K; 2005 - Blenheim $10K.
QF - 2004 - Rockhampton $25K;
1r - 2005 - Hobart; Wellington $10K; Bendigo $50K & Warrnambool $10K.

SeanyQ
Sep 21st, 2005, 08:17 AM
(379) Emily Hewson d. Dittmann - 7-5,6-3 :eek: :fiery: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :mad:
I want to say horrible things, but I shall refrain due to the good mood that I am currently in (helped along by a day off [at the pub!! :lol: ]) ;)

SeanyQ
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
Dub's 1r:
(WC)Golds/Sorbello d. (641) Dittmann/Hewson - 5-7,6-4,6-4 :o

SeanyQ
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Rockhampton $25k:
Singles 1r:
Mireille d. (2/288) Montinee Tangphong - 7-6(3),6-2.
Best win of the year + a tiebreak!! :eek: 1st singles t/b win since March 2004. Well done Mireille :worship: - keep it up!!
Next up is a tough one - probably against Aleksandra Srndovic. Srndovic beat Mireille on grass March this year 7-6 in the 3rd. Mireille beat her 6-4,6-4 about this time last year. Would be great for her confidence to make the QF's here! :D
Dub's 1r:
Mireille/Emily d. (wc) Bianca Acquistapace/Lucia Gonzales - 6-4,6-1 :D
Pretty easy 1r draw really. Bianca may be a decent singles player, but has the worst dub's record I've ever seen!! Don't expect Lucia to go there again.
Next up will probably be (Q) Bree Calderwood/Renee Lampret :D

broncosven
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Good to get some wins !!

Mr_Molik
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:49 PM
wat a win!

SeanyQ
Oct 12th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Canberra:
Singles 1r - (2/258) Dellacqua d. (418) Mireille - 7-5,3-6,6-2.
Doubles 1r - (704) Breadmore/Kolb (GER) d. (1228) Benad/Dittmann - 6-3,6-0.
Looks like Mireille's coming into some form. After a top win the other week, to nearly beat Dellacqua - well done! Wonder if she had set points in the 1st set? Hopefully she'll get another crack at Casey over the S.A circuit. Also good effort to win 3 games with Sarah Benad. Mireille must've been really hard up to choose Sarah as a partner. Sarah's hopeless, so well done getting 3 games with her.
Lauren Breadmore & Mireille must've really hated playing together that week in the states. The number of times they could've paired up since & been seeded together - oh well!

gillibean
Oct 12th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Go Dittman in the SA circuit, SeanyQ I feel an alliance forming! Haha ;)

SeanyQ
Oct 12th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Go Dittman in the SA circuit, SeanyQ I feel an alliance forming! Haha ;)
And as I said earlier Gillibean - I love that u say what u think & r feisty!! Keeps things fun!! :worship: :lol:

SeanyQ
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Mireille's currently #21 on the qualifying list for Pt Pirie. After all the withdrawals happen, should be top 3 in the seedings for qualifying.

SeanyQ
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Mireille's up to #14 on the MD entry list for Pt Pirie - No Qualifying :D

SeanyQ
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:31 AM
probably would've been better off getting the match play from qualifying.
Pt Pirie:
Singles 1r: (448) Claire Peterzan (GBR) d. (419) Mireille - 6-2,6-3 :sad:
Doubles 1r: Yuan/Srndovic (CHN/SWE) d. (WC) Benad/Dittmann - 3-6,6-1,6-0
Good signs though. Being able to successfully carry Benad through a set. Hopefully Mireille can find a proper doubles partner soon. When she signs with Benad, she may as well be signing the 1r loses cheque everytime. Anyway, I'll be there cheering Miz on at Nuri next week. I'll see if Benad's as bad as her results suggest.

ozfan44
Dec 1st, 2005, 01:50 AM
Mirielle has entered both Gold Coast and Auckland

Auckland is her 1st preference where she is 92nd on the qualy next in list
Gold Coast she is 115th on the qualy next in list

Early days so heres hoping she can move up the lists or a wildcard comes her way!

AUSBOY
Dec 29th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Mireille has won $7500 Mansfield Open, and $10,000 Geelong Championships in two successive weeks, amassing $2500 in prizemoney!

Good on her will more than cover her NZ trip and Aussie Challengers and Satellites!!

SeanyQ
Dec 29th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Ausboy, this is great news!
Do you any of her results?
She'll be so happy with this!!

Sunny_Boy
Dec 29th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Here is the draw sheet for the Geelong event:

http://www.tennisresults.com.au/tournaments/draw.asp?tid=5161537&eid=26&page=mf

SeanyQ
Dec 29th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks heaps Sunny Boy!!

SeanyQ
Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
My 1000th post. Thought it should be on th Mireille thread.
She's now 6th on the next in qualifying list for Hobart.

SeanyQ
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:42 AM
So at least Mireille got into the qualies draw.
Q1- 231-Pauline Parmentier d. Mireille - 6-3,6-0.
This was always going to be a hard match for Mireille. Parmentier had some big wins last year, including qualifying for the US Open & reaching the 2r of the MD before losing to Lindsay Davenport.
Mireille hasn't entered any ITF's before the Sydney $25k on 13th Feb, including the NZ $10k's. She won a money tournament, before being R.U in the two $10k's last year.
I'm not sure why she's not playing there this year.

SeanyQ
Jan 24th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Great news Mireille winning her 3rd money tournament of the past few weeks,
Melbourne Open. Does anyone know the link for the draw or how many $'s she earnt??

1st ITF of 2006 for Mireille:
$25k Sydney - 13 Feb - Currently #17 on Qualies list (410).

It looks like she'll be either the 1st or 2nd highest ranked Aussie (after Daniella) to miss out on the MD. Unfortunately, as we know, there is no hope of Tennis Australia ever giving her a wc. Still, a few extra matches in Qualies (as well as the extra 1.5 points) hopefully won't hurt.

Ellery
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Go Mireille, hope she can get into MD :kiss:

SeanyQ
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Sydney $25k:
Singles:
1r: 399-Mireille vs 392-Daniella Dominikovic

Doubles:
Presumably paired with Sarah Benad again & bombed out in qualies.

SeanyQ
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Sydney Singles 1r:
392-Daniella Dominikovic d. 399-Mireille - 3-6,6-1,6-1

SeanyQ
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Mireille will drop to about 485 in the rankings after last years NZ & Bendigo points drop off. On the positive side she has no real points to defend until 3.5 for a 2r $25k at the end of May. The biggest chunk of her rankings points came from the 2 NZ tournies & Bendigo last year. So for the rest of the year she never has more than 3.5 points per tournament to defend & even then it's only 4 times! So the only way is up once the rankings settled.

SeanyQ
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Finally Mireille gets a good partner again!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I'm so happy! Mireille & Emily are back together!
Gosford 1r:
Emily/Mireille vs Remi Tezuka/Junri Namigata (JPN).
Mireille beat Remi 6-1,6-1 @ Mt Gambier a few months ago.

SeanyQ
Feb 21st, 2006, 01:09 AM
1r: 424-Mireille Dittmann vs 425-Lauren Barnikow(USA)

Finally a decent singles draw. So close in the rankings. I don't want to jinx Mireille, but I think she can do well here.
I've included Lauren's 2006 results below:

Q64: 432-Barnikow d. 13/3??-Akiko Yonemura (JPN) - 6-0,6-2
Q32: 478-Story Tweedie-Yates (USA) d. 432-Barnikow - 6-0,6-1
1r: 1056-Jade Curtis (GBR) d. 3/427-Barnikow - 6-2,6-0
1r:4/423-Barnikow d. 622-Biffy Kaufman (USA) - 6-4,6-3
2r: 4/423-Barnikow d. 836-Bianca Acquistapace (AUS) - 7-6(2),6-4
QF: 8/494-Lisa D'Amelio (AUS) d. 4/423-Barnikow - 6-4,7-5
Q64: Stephanie Jeanes (AUS) d. 1-Barnikow - 2-6,6-3,6-4

SeanyQ
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Junri Namigata/Remi Tezuka (JPN) d. 842-Emily/Mireille Dittmann - 2-6,6-3,6-3

SeanyQ
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
424-Mireille d. 425-Lauren Barnikow(USA) - 6-2,4-6,7-6(7) :bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship:

Fantastic result! To win her 1st tiebreaker of the year & a 3rd set one at that! This has to give her some confidence.
Also, this means she's won her last 2 out of 3 tiebreakers (including the dub's qualifying at Nuri & the lost 1 to Casey at Nuri). So she's gotta be feeling better about things, it was horrible when she went through that long patch of tiebreaker hell!!

Mana
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:15 AM
Well done Ditty:kiss:

SeanyQ
Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
3/220-Marina Erakovic (NZL) d. 424-Mireille - 6-1,7-6(5)

Much better than her loss to Marina 11 months ago (where Mireille only won 1 game in the match). The tiebreakers that she is losing seem to at least be getting closer. At least she kept some of the points that will drop off from Bendigo $50k QF's last year.

SeanyQ
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Mireille dropped lower than I expected. Down to 496 this week from 441. Will move back up 473 after Gosford points are added. Nothing much to worry about for the rest of the year.
4 x $25k 1r wins & 1 x $50k qualie 1r win - that's it!!
If she can just get to the 2r of Canberra & Melbourne (not allowing for probable qualifying points), would move back into the top 440.

Points 2 Defend:
Mar 05 Warrnamb.+Benalla 2
Apr 05
May 05 Rabat 1, Prague 1
Jun 05 Tenerife 3.5
Jul 05 Perigueux 0.25, Bastad 1, Felixstowe 1, Hamilton 1
Aug 05 Hammond+Lexington 1.75, Vancouver 3.5
Sep 05
Oct 05 Mackay 1, Rockhampt. 3.5, Lyneham 1
Nov 05 Port Pirie 1, Nuriootpa 1
Dec 05 M. Gambier 3.5
Jan 06 Hobart 1

SeanyQ
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Currently entered:
13/3: Canberra - #7 in qualies @ 441;
20/3: Dendy Park - #15 in qualies @ 496.

SeanyQ
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Mireille up 13 in the rankings to 483.
She's missed out on a MD wc into Canberra. They gave them to the top 4 Aussies to miss out, but bypassed Mireille & chose Lisa D'Amelio instead.
She'll be 1 of the top 1/2 dozen seeds in qualies....

AUSBOY
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Mireille will be top seed in qualies I believe.

The ITF only show 18 in MD instead of 20, so Leanne Baker should get in direct, and hopefully one late withdrawl will mean Mireille gets in direct

SeanyQ
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:23 AM
You're right! I reckon she'll have to play qualies for Melbourne though as she's 2 spots lower there. Which will be good 'cause I'll be arriving the night before the qualies start.
So probably best to play only 1 lot of qualies.

AUSBOY
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Mireille should be Canberra main draw now!!

Im hoping she gets MD WC for Victoria Challenger as its being held at her old club, Dendy Park! Mireille has played there lots, home advantage should be a factor, I'd love her to get a good draw!

SeanyQ
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:59 PM
So I picked the right tournament to go down & watch then! Can't wait.
Judging by the entry list for Canberra, it looks like Daniella, Hori & Leanne Baker should get in on the rankings, which frees up 2 wc's. Which will probably go to Cassandra Barr & Natasha Kersten (or Shannon Golds). So to me it looks like it'll depend if Hori, or Daniella sign in early based on their rankings or if they leave it & sign in as wc's. She'd need both of them to sign in as wc's to avoid qualies. If only 1 did, then it would depend on what Emily Hewson did.

16 LAKHANI, Isha IND 388 1
17 KRAUTH, Erica ARG 392 1
Qualifying
Pos Name Nation Ranking Special Points Priority Information
WCM DOMINIKOVIC, Daniella AUS 396 1
WCM HORIATOPOULOS, Christina AUS 397 1
1 BAKER, Leanne NZL 398 1
WCM HEWSON, Emily AUS 411 1
2 DITTMANN, Mirielle AUS 441 1
WCM D'AMELIO, Lisa AUS 476 1
3 $ CHANG, Kyung-Mi Jr. KOR 479
4 $ BARR, Cassandra AUS 488 1
5 $ KERSTEN, Natasha AUS 539 1
6 CHOPTANG, Wilawan THA 545 1
7 DU PLESSIS, Lizaan RSA 552 1
8 $ GOSWAMI, Parul IND 636 1
9 GIRAUD, Marinne MRI 638 1
10 ZHANG, Shuai CHN 654 1
11 VAIDERE, Alise LAT 676 1
12 CHEN, Yan-Chong CHN 686 1
13 $ JUNG, Yoo-Mi KOR 698
14 REN, Jing CHN 707 1
15 GOLDS, Shannon AUS 716 1

SeanyQ
Mar 12th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Mireille Dittmann d. Benita Milenkiewicz - 6-4,6-4 :bounce:

gillibean
Mar 12th, 2006, 12:02 PM
when are you going down there sean?

SeanyQ
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:25 PM
This Saturday night - in time for day 1 of the Qualies!! :drool:

SeanyQ
Mar 13th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Q1: bye

Q2: Mireille Dittmann d. Benita Milenkiewicz - 6-4,6-4 :bounce:

QR: Mireille vs 16/872-Karolina Wlodarczak(AUS)

Karolina's only lost 2 games in 2 matches!!

broncosven
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:46 AM
1 more Mirelle !!

SeanyQ
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:27 AM
QR: 16/872-Karolina Wlodarczak(AUS) d. Mireille
Don't know the score though.
She's into the MD as a Lucky Loser....

gillibean
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:23 AM
That's awesome that she got LL

SeanyQ
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:29 AM
LL/483-Mireille vs 380-Leanne Baker (NZL)
Mireille has a 3-1 record against Leanne.

2000 WELLINGTON HARD (O) FINAL:
1/320-Mireille d. 2/334-Leanne Baker - 7-6(5) 1-6 7-6(3)

2000 WARRNAMBOOL GRASS (O) SF:
2/307-Mireille d. 4/325-Leanne Baker 6-4 6-4

2005 WELLINGTON HARD (O) FINAL:
7/559-L. BAKER d. 4/442-Mireille - 2-6 6-1 6-1

Also in the final of a money tournament 2 weeks before their Wellington final.
Mireille won 6-1,6-1.
1st time they've played before the semi's of a tournament!!

SeanyQ
Mar 14th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Dittmann/Hewson (AUS) d. 1-Chuang/Takase (CHN/JPN) - 6-1,5-7,6-4 :worship:

Both Mireille & Leanne Baker seem to be doing well on the clay. Baker took out the 3rd seeds with Kriz.....

Mana
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Good luck to Mireille today. I do quite like her and if Leanne has to lose to anyone...Ditty is a good choice!! Good luck to both women!!

gillibean
Mar 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Well Done Mirielle!!!!!!

SeanyQ
Mar 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
LL/483-Mireille d. 380-Leanne Baker (NZL) - 7-5,6-4 :worship: :bounce:

2r:
Mireille vs 8/301-Ayumi Morita (JPN)
1st career meeting.
I'll have a look & see what Ayumi's clay court record is like.

Chen/Ji (CHN) d. Emily/Mireille - 6-4,6-3

SeanyQ
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:01 AM
8/301-Ayumi Morita (JPN) d. Mireille Dittmann (AUS) - 6-1,6-4

SeanyQ
Mar 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM
After Canberra & Melbourne points are added. Mireille will move from 485 to about 437.....

ozfan44
May 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Where is Mirielle????

maybe she has run of with SeanyQ :haha:

miss both of them!

AUSBOY
May 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM
Mireille has been playing in State Grade Pennant in Melbourne with Adriana Szili, Kristen Van Elden etc.

She only has played 1 singles and lost to Van Elden in 3 sets!! She also lost in the final of another money tournament at Kooyong

SeanyQ
May 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
Where is Mirielle????

maybe she has run of with SeanyQ :haha:

miss both of them!
Yeah Mireille & I ran off & joined the circus for a while!! :lol:
We won't expect Mireille to play overseas again this year. She said she may play in Asia or America at the end of the year (seemed more keen on the U.S & Canada, tho I said she should do Asia), she doesn't know tho. The funds aren't huge, so maybe it'll depend on how she goes in all these money tournaments.

SeanyQ
May 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Mireille has been playing in State Grade Pennant in Melbourne with Adriana Szili, Kristen Van Elden etc.

She only has played 1 singles and lost to Van Elden in 3 sets!! She also lost in the final of another money tournament at Kooyong
Maybe Van Elden should give the circuit another go!
Do u know any of the money tournie results or have the links to them Ausboy?

ozfan44
May 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM
usually all the money tournaments are done using the TMS program so should all be at:

www.tennisresults.com.au (http://www.tennisresults.com.au)