PDA

View Full Version : Just Do It in the Desert - Mauresmo makes it happen!

Linnie
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:31 PM
:cool:

ALLEZ!!!

Thank you, Sonja ;)

Sonja
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I told you, takes two ;)

lunarossa
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Just do it Amelie! :bowdown: :yeah:

JPrince
Feb 26th, 2005, 06:22 PM
ALLEZ AMELIE!!! I'll be at this tourney for a week, so I'll take plenty of pics for everyone!

Lapin
Feb 27th, 2005, 09:55 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Bonne Chance Amélie!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Have a great time JPrince!! (Looking forward to the photos!! :p ) :wavey:

..ikke..
Feb 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Good luck Amelie :woohoo:

Sonja
Mar 1st, 2005, 04:02 PM
Enjoy the tournament JPrince; can't wait to see your photos!

suzie
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Have fun JPrince and bring on the pics! :D

GO AMÉLIE!!

améliemomo
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
so lucky you are jprince!!! ;) enjoy!!! :angel: :bigwave:

Allez Amélie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Jenny.C.Fan
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Good luck amelie :)

Wombat
Mar 5th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Allez, Ame!

Bероника
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Allez Momo!!!
I love your avatar Sonja!!! ;)

*Jean*
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:54 PM
ALLEZ AMELIE, ALLEZ !!!

Sonja
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:58 AM
:bounce: Go :bounce: Go :bounce: Mauresmo! :bounce:

marmite1
Mar 8th, 2005, 05:48 PM
allez amelie!!!

p1
Mar 8th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Good Luck Amelie - Become a "desert rat" and dig in. . .

galadriel
Mar 9th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Go Momo !!!!!

mauresmofan
Mar 9th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Nice draw - take complete advantage. Can't wait to see the photos either - now remember JPrince to keep lots of film in the camera for her celebrations and the trophy ceremony!

améliemomo
Mar 9th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Nice draw - take complete advantage. Can't wait to see the photos either - now remember JPrince to keep lots of film in the camera for her celebrations and the trophy ceremony!

be careful mauresmofan!!!you could appear as arrogant in telling such things!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight Amélie!!!!!!!!!!!!fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

suzie
Mar 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM
ALLEZ!!!

JPrince
Mar 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM

Hey no need for film. I have a digital that holds 300 pics! I'm sure I'll use up all 300! :)

$pencer
Mar 10th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Allez Amélie!

Linnie
Mar 10th, 2005, 01:11 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/indianwells/f_21.jpg

Linnie
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:19 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/52286786JJ009_Pacific_Life_030917_1024x768.jpg

Giant-sized :hearts:

JPrince
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the life-sized pic Linnie!!! We can now see every pore on Momo's face! lol! :lol:

Bumsby
Mar 11th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks so much Linnie for the... ehm, extension ;)

I went to Sportsline a couple of times but I haven't figured how to find those giant-sized pics you often post... :retard:

Any hint? :p

mauresmofan
Mar 11th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Hey no need for film. I have a digital that holds 300 pics! I'm sure I'll use up all 300! :)

Ah yes the digital age! I was beginning to forget myself.:p Anyway enjoy the tennis and if you can nab a player or 2 an autograph or 2 all the better!:D

Linnie
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks so much Linnie for the... ehm, extension ;)

I went to Sportsline a couple of times but I haven't figured how to find those giant-sized pics you often post... :retard:

Any hint? :p
A little hint that was passed on to me ;) - in the url do this: delete _lower.jpg and replace it with _1024x768.jpg and voila! :) But alas, it only works for the Sportsline photos....

Linnie
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:53 AM
And I almost forgot......

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Wombat
Mar 11th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Allez!Just beat garbin in straights!

Bероника
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Allez Momo!!! :bounce:

thainguyen
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Allez Amelie :):):):):):)

*Jean*
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Bonne chance ma chérie

Bumsby
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
A little hint that was passed on to me ;) But alas, it only works for the Sportsline photos....
Yooouuppeeee - it works :D
:bounce: :dance:

Thanks a bunch to my fellow Amezon :hug:

suzie
Mar 11th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Bonne Chance Amélie! :bounce:

~Rachel~
Mar 11th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Allez Amelie!!! :bounce:

améliemomo
Mar 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Nice Job Amé!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mauresmofan
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Yes Great job Momo - didn't serve that well but everything else was clicking nicely. They don't hand out the trophy after the second round so just pace yourself and peak in week 2. Let them talk up Sharapova, it takes all the pressure off of Amélies quiet bid for the no.1

jamba2
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
:rocker2:Allez Amélie :rocker2: Good Luck ! :D

Linnie
Mar 13th, 2005, 01:53 PM
ALLEZ! today

Lapin
Mar 13th, 2005, 02:09 PM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: Congrats for round two Amélie!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:Bonne Chance in round three!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:p

améliemomo
Mar 13th, 2005, 02:59 PM
step by step Amélie:)

~Rachel~
Mar 13th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Good luck today Amelie :bounce:

$pencer
Mar 13th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Allez Amélie - good luck tonight

Linnie
Mar 14th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Interview today:

Q. How much disappointment are you feeling right now?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Well, a big disappointment. You know, especially having played the way I did today. Not satisfying at all. I mean, you can lose some matches, but as long as I felt that I played some good tennis and that the opponent won it, then it's okay. I don't really feel it was the case today.

Q. What were the conditions like, the weather? How difficult did it make play?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Well, it's difficult conditions. Obviously, you know, a lot of wind. But it's the same for both. And she probably adapted a little bit better than I did today. Even though I won that first set, after that I didn't really feel comfortable on the court today.

Q. With all that said, you make that forehand volley, match is over.
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah, I know. I mean, what more can I say? I should have made that volley and go through this one without playing my best tennis. Didn't happen like this today.

Q. Were you still thinking about that the next game when you were broken? A couple sloppy points there.
AMELIE MAURESMO: No, not really. But, again, I didn't feel comfortable on the court today, and I think at the key moments you could feel that and you could see that. I wasn't making my shots. You know, she took her chances when she had the opportunities.

Q. When you say you weren't feeling comfortable out there, can you be more specific? Why was that?
AMELIE MAURESMO: I guess it's probably the conditions that gave me a lot of trouble. I think the wind is not great for me. And, again, she played good, she covered a lot of ground and made me play a lot, so...

Q. Disappointing if you would have come in here and gotten further, I don't mean winning the title, but maybe semifinals, maybe the final? You had a better chance to get back close to No. 1.
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah, but it's not why I'm disappointed today. Really is the match that gives me a lot of disappointment.

Q. You hit awfully great second serves, but sometimes your double‑fault percentage goes up a little bit. Was today a unique day for the number of double‑faults or was it kind of typical?
AMELIE MAURESMO: No, I think it's ‑‑ again, you know, when you have a lot of wind, you have to serve in different conditions every time, every game you serve. You know, I just didn't adjust the way I should have today to these conditions. That's my fault. That's no excuses for this. So it's not only double‑faults, but also some miss‑hits on the groundstrokes and a few things like that.
FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Thank goodness at least it wasn't an injury, although she may have a slightly bruised ego ;)

And now I'll direct everyone to the Nasdaq thread :wavey:

mauresmofan
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:15 AM
*follows Linnie down the hall and through the door to the right into the bedroom nasdaq thread*

JPrince
Mar 15th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Hey everyone! Well, I'm still out here in Indian Wells and I watched the Mauresmo match, in fact I sat in the 2nd row behind her and all I can say is...the interview that Linnie just posted pretty much hit the nail on the head. Momo simply didn't play her best at all. The wind was horriffic, no doubt! Momo had to keep hairspraying her hair during change overs so it wouldn't get in the way! She was completely disgusted with her play, it was evidently clear when she kept yelling at herself and then received a warning for the chair ump for belting a ball waaaaaaaaaaay up into the grandstands and almost out of Stadium 1!!!! Anyway, I met Momo during a practice session before this dreadful 3rd round match and she signed my French flag. All I can say is what a truly kind and modest person! I was able to post the pics on the other Mauresmo board but I can't post them here because the file size limit is 100kb and my pics are about 130kb even with reducing them to website size. Better luck in Miami Momo! We still love ya! :) Back to Vegas soon for me :(

améliemomo
Mar 15th, 2005, 08:31 AM
thanks jprince for this review.

JPrince
Mar 16th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Hey everyone! Well, I'm still out here in Indian Wells and I watched the Mauresmo match, in fact I sat in the 2nd row behind her and all I can say is...the interview that Linnie just posted pretty much hit the nail on the head. Momo simply didn't play her best at all. The wind was horriffic, no doubt! Momo had to keep hairspraying her hair during change overs so it wouldn't get in the way! She was completely disgusted with her play, it was evidently clear when she kept yelling at herself and then received a warning for the chair ump for belting a ball waaaaaaaaaaay up into the grandstands and almost out of Stadium 1!!!! Anyway, I met Momo during a practice session before this dreadful 3rd round match and she signed my French flag. All I can say is what a truly kind and modest person! I was able to post the pics on the other Mauresmo board but I can't post them here because the file size limit is 100kb and my pics are about 130kb even with reducing them to website size. Better luck in Miami Momo! We still love ya! :) Back to Vegas soon for me :(

Hey, I have some of my Momo pics I took up on the Momosapiens thread. I was finally able to get them smaller than the allotted 100kb on here. Enjoy!