PDA

View Full Version : Dislike Thread

dementieva's fan
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Hello everyone,
After the soccer music and movies threads that I saw here, I just got an idea of starting this Hate Thread where we can discuss about the women’s tennis players we hate the most. You just need to tell the player you hate or in other words you always root against and a small reason. Why?

The player who I always root against is Maria Sharapova I simply do not like to see her winning because she is such a show off. :mad: Those long earrings she wears and the way she stares at the other player just like she is about to eat her up and the biggest reason is that all the media attention is diverted towards her whereas Demantieva who is better than her does not get that. :fiery:

Elena2005
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:48 AM
I wouldn't say hate, just don't support. The William brothers, oops I mean the William sisters. :lol: , Lyton Hewitt - to arrogant.

C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember this?

Veritas
Feb 24th, 2005, 06:09 AM
I must say, I do not like Schiavone at all. I used to be indifferent to her, but after that US Open 2003 incident in her 4th round match against Ai Sugiyama, I began to have serious reservations about her.

And her ugly run-in with Elena Bovina at Linz, Austria in the same year didn't help improve her credibility in my eyes.

And please change the title of the thread. No-one "hates" a player. Dislike - yes; but certainly not "hate".

dementieva's fan
Feb 24th, 2005, 07:01 AM
I must say, I do not like Schiavone at all. I used to be indifferent to her, but after that US Open 2003 incident in her 4th round match against Ai Sugiyama, I began to have serious reservations about her.

And her ugly run-in with Elena Bovina at Linz, Austria in the same year didn't help improve her credibility in my eyes.

And please change the title of the thread. No-one "hates" a player. Dislike - yes; but certainly not "hate".

I'd be glad to change the name, but i don't know how to. If anyone does, please tell me.

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Captian Dementinator here..

I agree ,the thread name needs changing as "hate" is a bit strong ,we Lena fans dunna really hate anyone ,just dislike or "Not Partial To"

I think u may need to click the "edit" button to change or edit thread names ,not sure ,I will get our I.T crew on to it.

BTW Dementieva's Fan ,do we have you on our crew list yet?? for the SS Dementieva?

Players I am "not partial to" are Sharapova and Capriati ,mainly in Mashas case because I just dont like her bad attitude and constant fist pumping and terrible noise and overated exposure.

Capriati the same ,she always has a total temper tantrum when things go wrong and I still remember when she tried "stealing" points of Lena in the semi at USO .

Where the umpire said 15/40 by mistake, and it was 40/15 to lena ,the ump changed it immediately and Cappy stormed over and started swearing at the ump , and saying she cant change it back!! she knew she was down 15 to 40 and tried to make the ump stick to the wrong score ,such bad sportsmanship but not uncommon from Cappy I am afraid..

so thats about it ,no one else really just those two..

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:13 AM
just checked with IT down in the computer rooms

Click Edit on the thread ,and then simply change the title where it has "hate thread" in it ...

jklense
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:24 AM
dementieva's fan,
do edit the starting post of the thread, as you are its starter,
and there you can change anything, including the posts' header
which is mirrored as the thread's heading...

Prizeidiot
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Hmm... yeah, I dislike Sharapova and Serena, because of their overconfidence/arrogance and their outrageousness. I've never been a fan of the extrovert

Hewitt on the men's tour is my pet hate, and yes, I do mean hate. That guy shits me something severe.

Maybe we could just make this a general Pet peeves thread? Like about things we just dislike in general, outside of tennis?

dementieva's fan
Feb 24th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks jklense. Thanks Captain both for help taking me in to the crew.

Mathijs
Feb 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Well players that i am not "partial to" or not supporting are:

- Maria Sharapova, not becuz of her game, her game i think is great, but i do not like the "media hype" around Maria and her attitude on the court, and her thinking of that she can win every tournament what she plays (mmm i mean that's not what she's thinking, but that's what her fans do believe, her fans here on WTAworld, No Nat i don't mean you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

- the Williamses, i don't like their game at all, i also don't like the arrogantism, still they speak about that they are the best in the world which is simply not true!!!

- well I do NOT dislike Nastya, in fact i love her game, and i even wanna root for her when Lena D or any other Russian goes out in a tourney, i was also rooting for Nastya yesterday when i saw Nastya's match ag. Martinez and it's a shame that she has lost becuz now Sharapuke-me has all the chances to win the tourney :( but sometimes she just goes to far with her racket smashing on court IMO, that's the only thing that gets me annoyed, but i like Nastya further....

- Svetlana Kuznetsova, i don't like Cowzslutsova at all, becuz about the things she said towards Elena, and not only that but simply also becuz she reacts like i'm the biggest star in the world and nobody is greater than me duhhhhhh..., IMO Sveta gets also too many freaking airs in the grand manner.....

Chunchun
Feb 24th, 2005, 01:41 PM
i love this thread :devil:

I am the Myskina troll. I just don't like this player at all. First on her game, her strokes are quite weak and not much angel played. Though I do not watch her play so much, these are impressive. And her damn RG trophy is only a thing of luck. It's only because our god LenaD choke and she won that. I m damnnnnnnnnnnnnn sure if LenaD played her 1000000%, Myskina dirty ass will be kicked.

About the personality, I always remember she had said this bullshit b4, "I have to be always above Dementieva. I must get better results than her." These words are fucking idiotic. This person is such a jealous whore. I bet she is always worrying about LenaD getting good results and she can't do what LenaD has done. Remember Myskina winning 2003 Sarasota/Leipzig/Moscow? before these 3 shits go to Myskina pocket, LenaD had just won 2003 AI/Bali/Shanghai. It's so damn obvious that it's cuz of LenaD, Myskina was motivated and won. Evil Bitch IMO.

Chunchun
Feb 24th, 2005, 01:43 PM
omg this is the v first time i write such a long thing on this board! :eek:

and plz forgive me if u think i use too much foul languages :p

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I'm not into hating other players. I would rather just be positive about my faves.

katiektc
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I'm not into hating other players. I would rather just be positive about my faves.

Ditto.

Alenyaa
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:28 PM
When I look at your answers some of you guys surprise me a little.

A lot of you seem to be disliking Sharapova. But why?
I don't really understand that some of you find her arrogant. Never when I see Sharapova she seems arrogant to me. She just this young girl from Siberia playing an incredible game to me. How can you dislike a player for a hype the media has created around her? That's not her fault, is it? She barely has a hand in that hype around her.

Secondly: @ E.Dementieva: I think you know too that Elena and Anastacia have been very close friends since their childhood. They used to play each other when they were only 7 years old. I don't think Anastacia meant anything bad by saying she always wants to do better than Elena. That's just sportsrivalry. (That last word probably doesn't exist, but you get the meaning, right? :))

@ Northern: what did Kuzzy say about her?

Mathijs
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:32 PM

I don't really understand that some of you find her arrogant. Never when I see Sharapova she seems arrogant to me. She just this young girl from Siberia playing an incredible game to me. How can you dislike a player for a hype the media has created around her? That's not her fault, is it? She barely has a hand in that hype around her.

Secondly: @ E.Dementieva: I think you know too that Elena and Anastacia have been very close friends since their childhood. They used to play each other when they were only 7 years old. I don't think Anastacia meant anything bad by saying she always wants to do better than Elena. That's just sportsrivalry. (That last word probably doesn't exist, but you get the meaning, right? :))

Alenyaa, i'm not really sure what Kuzzie said again, mainly becuz i've forgotten, but i can search for it, the next time i'm online, and i'll tell you. now i don't have time cuz i am going to leave now.....

Alenyaa
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Byebye then! :wavey:

Apoorv
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I dont like Kuznetsova coz of what she said bout Lena at Kremlin Cup last year. I luv it when Myskina looses coz I want Lena to be ahead of her in rankings.

BoucharDRules
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:45 PM
1. Svetlana Kuznetsova
2. Venus and Serena
3. Conchita Martinez
4. Lindsay Davenport
5. Justine Henin

JLDementieva
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
players I really dislike are:
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Jennifer Capriati
3. Serena
4. Venus
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova (I wonder if there's any Lena fans who like her :p )

I tend to like players who are not so arrogant and cocky :devil:

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 07:37 PM
players I really dislike are:
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Jennifer Capriati
3. Serena
4. Venus
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova (I wonder if there's any Lena fans who like her :p )

I tend to like players who are not so arrogant and cocky :devil:

The same like me.

Prizeidiot
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Hey, I know you directed your question at Northern, but he said he's kinda forgotten so I'll fill you in.

After Moscow last year: something about Elena celebrating as if she just won a slam, and that she's really desperate

Another time: pretty much that Elena makes excuses for herself, always saying she's injured. Said that at the end of the day, she was a better player than Elena in the U.S final, injury wasn't really a factor.

Oh, and I find Maria arrogant and I'll give you reasons. Like when she lost to Elena in HK, she gave herself a "3 out of 10". SHE TOOK A SET!!! I mean, that's pretty demeaning to Elena.

And it just seems like she tries to hard to look good. Almost every non tennis photo I see of her she's never smiling, always posing, and in some sort of designer outfit when everyone else is wearing their tracksuits.

And the grunting of course, which hurts my ears a bit too much.

Feel free to disagree though. I don't mind, that's just my view of it. I'll admit she plays pretty good tennis though.

@m@nd@
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:37 AM
schynder...lol...shes just sooo weird...~~

rabbit_boi_313
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Oh, and I find Maria arrogant and I'll give you reasons. Like when she lost to Elena in HK, she gave herself a "3 out of 10". SHE TOOK A SET!!! I mean, that's pretty demeaning to Elena.
And the grunting of course, which hurts my ears a bit too much.

OMG I juz kno this !!! :eek:
Masha said this ??? :(
and yeah everytime i watch her match i hav to find earplugs :tape:
PS. I really dislike Masha ( the only one person on wta tour ) :tape:

Alenyaa
Feb 25th, 2005, 12:21 PM
After Moscow last year: something about Elena celebrating as if she just won a slam, and that she's really desperate

Another time: pretty much that Elena makes excuses for herself, always saying she's injured. Said that at the end of the day, she was a better player than Elena in the U.S final, injury wasn't really a factor.

Thanks Prize!

I thought Elena had admitted she herself hadn't played well enough to win the final that day!?! :eek: Or am I wrong here? No, I'm right, aren't I? And then that Elena would be desperate?!? I can't believe Svetlana said that!
She seemed such a nice girl to me. Nothing like the bitchy-type... :confused:
She should keep her mouth shut because eversince her victory in that GS she hasn't shown any impressive performance!

About Maria giving herself a 3 out of 10, I wouldn't hold that against her. That probably was just the emotion of the moment.

Paco
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:09 PM

Well, Sveta it wasn't nice.

I know why we have at Things you will never hear Lena say . . . so many jokes about Sveta.

Natasc
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:27 PM

I am the Myskina troll. I just don't like this player at all. First on her game, her strokes are quite weak and not much angel played. Though I do not watch her play so much, these are impressive. And her damn RG trophy is only a thing of luck. It's only because our god LenaD choke and she won that. I m damnnnnnnnnnnnnn sure if LenaD played her 1000000%, Myskina dirty ass will be kicked.

About the personality, I always remember she had said this bullshit b4, "I have to be always above Dementieva. I must get better results than her." These words are fucking idiotic. This person is such a jealous whore. I bet she is always worrying about LenaD getting good results and she can't do what LenaD has done. Remember Myskina winning 2003 Sarasota/Leipzig/Moscow? before these 3 shits go to Myskina pocket, LenaD had just won 2003 AI/Bali/Shanghai. It's so damn obvious that it's cuz of LenaD, Myskina was motivated and won. Evil Bitch IMO.
For more weird that can look I feel the same thing

For some reason I dont like her
Maybe is cause Lena always choke against her in big events... :rolleyes: :o
But I dont like, she thinks that she's the captain!
Well, take this!! MARIA SHARAPOVA, son of YURI SHAROPOV it's a WAY TO GO in your front

Look how she's now. She dont have otehr player that will choke when face her, so, she's just having bad results. Cause Maria will not choke against her. and I hope that Lena can do this too....one day who knows!!?

I dont like kuzna comments....she just say shits
But she seems cool, and I liked her comment with Alicia in Auzie doubles prize.

Larry David
Feb 26th, 2005, 12:56 AM
HATE Sharapova .... sorry

dementieva's fan
Feb 26th, 2005, 03:26 AM

Whoooooooo………. I’ll remember that. You are definitely not the person to mess with. :)