PDA

View Full Version : What is Mary's Next Tourney?

pierce0415
Feb 17th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I don't think she has officially committed to Indian Wells because the committment list for Indian Wells is still as of 2004. :o

She is not on the commitment lists for Doha, Dubai or Miami either :mad:

MaryPierceFan
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I was thinking about the same. Ok, Dubai and Doha could be missed. But in my opinion Mary makes every year the same mistake. Because of her ranking she SHOULD'T miss tournaments like Indian Wells and Miami. She could be seeded there and there are many points to grab and the best players in the world are there. Mary wants to prepare to clay court season but it doesn't make sense. And Mary doesn't have good results at clay cours even if she misses the 2 Tier-1 events(last year's Amelia Island and Charleston was a disaster and Berlin and Rome-not better). So I don't understand her decisions about missing Indian Wells and Miami(btw, I love the tournaments!!!!). Mary should play there. Her ranking needs it. Now Mary is in a good shape but there are no good results coz of tough draws(Mauresmo). Good starts in Indian Wells and Miami could help her to be in Top 20 again and be seeded in Amelia Island and Charleston. Mary is in a good shape but her ranking doesn't improve. She has to play there. If not, it'll be a mistake.

Wizzy Maryfan
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I was thinking about the same. Ok, Dubai and Doha could be missed. But in my opinion Mary makes every year the same mistake. Because of her ranking she SHOULD'T miss tournaments like Indian Wells and Miami. She could be seeded there and there are many points to grab and the best players in the world are there. Mary wants to prepare to clay court season but it doesn't make sense. And mary doesn't have good results at clay cours even if she misses the 2 Tier-1 events(last year's Amelia Island and Charleston was a disaster and Berlin and Rome-not better). So I don't understand her decisions about missing Indian Wells and Miami(btw, I love the tournaments!!!!). Mary should play there. Her ranking needs it. Now Mary is in a good shape but there are no good results coz of tough draws(Mauresmo). Good starts in Indian Wells and Miami could help her to be in Top 20 again and be seeded in Amelia Island and Charleston. Mary is in a good shape but her ranking doesn't improve. She has to play there. If not, it'll be a mistake.

Yes you're right that's sure !
Last year she said she made a mistake so ... :lick:

Mark Spruce
Feb 17th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I have to agree with you as well.

Also Mary needs to play more as well to get the matchs in, to bring up her match fitness and also get more wins and points under her belt.

Mary please play more :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::h earts:

Mark

I was thinking about the same. Ok, Dubai and Doha could be missed. But in my opinion Mary makes every year the same mistake. Because of her ranking she SHOULD'T miss tournaments like Indian Wells and Miami. She could be seeded there and there are many points to grab and the best players in the world are there. Mary wants to prepare to clay court season but it doesn't make sense. And Mary doesn't have good results at clay cours even if she misses the 2 Tier-1 events(last year's Amelia Island and Charleston was a disaster and Berlin and Rome-not better). So I don't understand her decisions about missing Indian Wells and Miami(btw, I love the tournaments!!!!). Mary should play there. Her ranking needs it. Now Mary is in a good shape but there are no good results coz of tough draws(Mauresmo). Good starts in Indian Wells and Miami could help her to be in Top 20 again and be seeded in Amelia Island and Charleston. Mary is in a good shape but her ranking doesn't improve. She has to play there. If not, it'll be a mistake.

MaryPierceFan
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Yes you're right that's sure !
Last year she said she made a mistake so ... :lick:

I haven't remembered she said she made a mistake. But what else? Did she say that it was a mistake to miss the 2 events? More?

Wizzy Maryfan
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I haven't remembered she said she made a mistake. But what else? Did she say that it was a mistake to miss the 2 events? More?

i remember that :

she said, i think, that it wasn't a good idea to prepare clay season by taking 5 weeks off !!
She said that she's a "competition player" and that's why it wasn't a good idea to miss Indian and Miami (or one of them) ! She said that what she needs more, it's to pley matches and matches ! That's why she decided to play more tournaments last summer !

En français :
Je mets en français car je suis pas sur d'avoir dit qqc de censé en anglais mdr ! avec mon taking off" hasardeux je sais mm pas si cela s'utilise enfin bon !
Mary disait qu'elle et Sven avaient fait une erreur en prenant 5 semaines pour préparer la terre battue ! Elle disait être une joueuse de compétition, qui avait besoin de jouer. C'est d'ailleurs en ce sens qu'elle avait choisi de jouer plus de tournoi durant l'été ! Elle devrait donc logiquement prendre part à Indian Wells ... pour Miami, je ne suis pas sûr.

ashwu
Feb 17th, 2005, 07:57 PM
mary always has weird schedules... and that always puts her in a really difficult situation... almost every year...

Mark Spruce
Feb 18th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I just hope that her schedule gets better and does not miss so many tournaments.

Mary needs to play more and not miss tournaments to pre-pair.

I think that Mary trains to much, I mean when she could be playing a tournament.

Lets hope that we will see Mary winning more matchs, she is I think is great shape right now, she looks AMAZING :hearts:

Mark

ashwu
Feb 18th, 2005, 03:44 AM
i agree, she looks great~

MaryPierceFan
Feb 18th, 2005, 07:46 AM
i remember that :

she said, i think, that it wasn't a good idea to prepare clay season by taking 5 weeks off !!
She said that she's a "competition player" and that's why it wasn't a good idea to miss Indian and Miami (or one of them) ! She said that what she needs more, it's to pley matches and matches ! That's why she decided to play more tournaments last summer !

En français :
Je mets en français car je suis pas sur d'avoir dit qqc de censé en anglais mdr ! avec mon taking off" hasardeux je sais mm pas si cela s'utilise enfin bon !
Mary disait qu'elle et Sven avaient fait une erreur en prenant 5 semaines pour préparer la terre battue ! Elle disait être une joueuse de compétition, qui avait besoin de jouer. C'est d'ailleurs en ce sens qu'elle avait choisi de jouer plus de tournoi durant l'été ! Elle devrait donc logiquement prendre part à Indian Wells ... pour Miami, je ne suis pas sûr.

I hope she will draw a conclusion with last years' situations and won't miss Indian Wells and Miami this year.

Mark Spruce
Feb 18th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I hope so as well.

Mary Please play there.:bounce::wavey:

mark

I hope she will draw a conclusion with last years' situations and won't miss Indian Wells and Miami this year.

Wizzy Maryfan
Feb 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
For the moment, Mary is on the entry list !

Cross your fingers :tape:

Mark Spruce
Feb 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Is the both both WELLS and Miami

Sorry about this I am have a senior blonde moment :eek::eek::eek:

Mark

For the moment, Mary is on the entry list !

Cross your fingers :tape:

christo
Feb 20th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Only Indian Wells

MaryPierceFan
Feb 20th, 2005, 05:18 PM
But I guess it's a last year's list. lol

Wizzy Maryfan
Feb 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM
But I guess it's a last year's list. lol

No i don't think !
Other members underline the fact that young girls were in this list : Chakvetadze, vaidisova ... and they were not playing last year, and they were not top 100 !
So, it seems to be the good list !

But last year, Mary was on the list too, so we can't be sure of nothing :confused:

MaryPierceFan
Feb 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
You think so? Maybe. I hope it's true. And I also hope Mary plays Miami.

Mark Spruce
Feb 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
so really really we are up in the clouds really on weather Mary will play.

PLEASE PLAY MARY

PRETTY PLEASE

regards

Mark

NicoMary
Feb 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
Just tell me if my question seems stupid, but can someone explain to me why is Mary not playing in Doha or Dubaï?:confused:

She only want to play in one of the two biggest tournaments of the year except GS, and she is not playing before!!!! :eek:

Does someone have a real explication...I'm not accusing i'm just wondering

Txs

Wizzy Maryfan
Feb 21st, 2005, 06:22 PM
Just tell me if my question seems stupid, but can someone explain to me why is Mary not playing in Doha or Dubaï?:confused:

She only want to play in one of the two biggest tournaments of the year except GS, and she is not playing before!!!! :eek:

Txs

Euh, perhaps she only wants to train because last weeks she was playing on indoor :tape:

And perhaps she won't play in Miami (not sure) to prepair clay season :)

It's not astonishing at all ;)

Mark Spruce
Feb 21st, 2005, 07:22 PM
to be honest I think that Mary trains too much. Maybe play a few more tournaments and see how it goes.

Lets hope that Mary will play a few more tournaments that hoped.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:08 AM
Personally I feel that Mary should play as much tournaments as possible....rather than training for such a long time and playing few tournaments...then she'll get the penalty of getting tough draws...

For me Indian Wells is a must....she should be having great players to play with...and that'll enable her to get into form hopefully....:angel:

Miami would be cool too...she shouldn't just skip it and attempt to excel at clay...

One thing I notice about Mary is...when she puts too much expectation on herself....she doesn't seem to play well...maybe because of the pressure...but when she's playing relaxed with freedom...she'll play with form and really plays well...!!!!

So...I'm also crossing fingers now...more matches for Mary now COME ON!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:55 AM

Txs

Maybe it's too far. lol Mary doesn't want to change timezones too often. You know, then to the US. But if she's not play in Doha and Dubai she definitely should play Indian Wells and Miami. Both of them Not only one.

Mark Spruce
Feb 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
mamno_MARYFAN (member.php?u=15475) --- I am keeping my fingers crossed so much

MaryPierceFan (member.php?u=34007) --- I think that she should play both as well.

Mary needs tournaments to get match pratice and ranking points. if she does not play to often she will go down the rankings maybe. I mean if players around her play more than Mary.

Mark

christo
Feb 26th, 2005, 09:13 PM
I also think that Mary should play in Miami. But she also plays in Amélia Island and Charleston.It would be four tournaments in a row.But it's a big tournament.Mary is not on the entry list for Miami.So,if she wants to play there she has to ask for a wild card.But I don't think she will ask for one.