PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Judith is the right coach for Eleni?

Elisse
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:34 AM
We all know Lena has had a pretty bad year so far - and after seeing her match the other day, I think there is more problems than just with her injured wrist! She doesn't seem to have the same happy oncourt spirit as before, not to mention her poor serve! :o

Personally, I think Judith is not the best coach for Lena - they are very good friends and I think this is the root of the problem! I think she needs a coach who will push her more, be more strict about the technical parts of the game, someone who she gets along well with, but not someone who is with Lena 24/7!!! (Like Judith is at the moment! :rolleyes: ) I think Patricia Tarabini would be a fantastic coach for Lenita! :worship:

What do you think about Judith's coaching methods and her influence over Lenita? Do you think she needs to change coach? And if so, who should be her coach instead?

Bette_Midler
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:55 AM
I agree your words Elisita :worship: but I also think the problem is not only the tons of control! Lenita and Judith have a very strong friendship and probably Judith isn't a strong enough character to be strict with Lenita on the practise court! When Lena is being lazy, she needs someone who is strong - though Judith makes Lena happy, it's not the correct way needed for a player and coach!

She needs a person with more character and of course a person who can help Lenita to open the resourses she has and release the potential inside her! Judith is very important in the team, but Lena needs a boss - a real coach - and Judith can help with her personal support as she has great knowledge of Lenita's game! :D

spar
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I see Eleni`s match vs Pastikova in Kremlin Cup last year. Distance between me and Eleni near 6-10 m. Very clearly that physical conditions of Eleni was very very bad. She lost Pastikova because of speedness, bad physics.
I think that Eleni needs to search new trener.

forever_rafter
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Wise words. I think Judith should stay around Eleni as she's a great friend of her and I'm sure Eleni feels comfortable in her company but I agree that Eleni needs a coach who would push her to her limits.
On the other hand, in 2001 and 2002 when Eleni was playing well, Judith was her coach right?
It's hard to me to discuss it as I know Judith and I really respect her as a person and as a coach as well. I think Eleni isn't easy p0layer to be coached, she can be cocky even though for most of the time she's a sweet girl. And the decision is hers.

spar
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Really, the decision is hers. But there are many examples, then changing the coach quickly do the best results. Such as Ana Ivanovic.

elinaline
Feb 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
It's obvious she wans't happy there ... her injury appeared a few days before the tournament. She knew that she couldn't play at her best, that's why she was Sad.
Moreover Eleni seems to be injured at her hand (not her wrist) : the kine were treatinh her hand, and not her wrist !
Judith is very important for Eleni ! She is more authoritarian than what you could think. Maybe Eleni is not really easy to control, i'm not sure that you could make her to do what you want to by strengh !

forever_rafter
Feb 21st, 2005, 10:16 AM
elinaline, I guess you may be right about more than one thing.
I see you're French, yesterday I was at the concert in Warsaw of Patricia Kaas,she's my fave foreign singer and the show was spectacular. I loved it and so did the audience. People were watching the concert standing (dspite the fact they had sits) and after many bises they good-byed her with a standing ovation :)