PDA

View Full Version : Anna Hawkins

Grachka
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I remember watching Anna in doubles at Edinburgh and wondering where on earth her singles form has gone, like Hannah Collin her solid juniors form (although not spectacular) has not materialised into senior success at all. Of course Hannah got to a considerably higher junior rank (14) so more could have been expected of her, but Anna was still rated highly at the time. A potential late-blooming prodigy. Now she is languishing in the 700s, barely winning matches and struggling for confidence and any form at all.

So what went wrong? Is it too late for her singles career?

Monica_Rules
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I don't know whats happened with Anna.

Whenever i see her play i get so frustrated as i'm sure she does.She hits the ball very hard.But misses a lot sometimes by a few metres.

bout 2 years ago she was ranked 580ish and was a definate to go top 500 and further but it just didn't happen.

Shes had a few injuries which have put her back.She seemed to be getting some sort of form the latter part of last year but nothing to scream about.Either she will find her form and shoot up the rnaking top 500 and up or just fizzly out.

*hingis_forever*
Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:22 AM
Hopefully Anna can find some form to get her in the top 500 this year! I believe she has the potential now all she needs is a bit of luck and the right scheduling!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:08 AM
Anna :( been a real struggle for her

hope she can find something to boost her.

Monica_Rules
Apr 6th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Well shes shes back in the 600's again now hopefully she can continue to climb

*hingis_forever*
May 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Anna had a great win in the first round of qualifying at Surbiton against #1 seed Cindy Watson in 3 sets before losing to Laura Peterzan! Maybe the start of some form for Anna!

Grachka
Jun 18th, 2005, 06:18 PM
*bumps*

Anna played Wimbledon qualifying as a late late late wildcard, and lost 4-6 2-6 to Paula Garcia in the first round :o

Nice to see her get a chance though, maybe she has something to work towards again. Get some decent draws please Anna! ;)

*hingis_forever*
Jun 19th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Losing in straight sets to Paula Garcia on grass isn't a good sign! :o