PDA

View Full Version : Antwerp Draw

pierce0415
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Mary has a even worse draw in Antwep than she did in Paris :mad:

Iveta in the first round who is a better indoor player than Medina. Then Amelie again :(

Good luck Mary! You can beat these girls :bounce:

ashwu
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
we'll see if mary could beat mauresmo this time~
i think she will play better this time!

MaryPierceFan
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Scotso
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Sucks.

saby
Feb 11th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I'm sure it's good for Mary, she needs to have very good apponent !! her game will be better after those kind of matches.

Go Mary

Allez Mary

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mark Spruce
Feb 12th, 2005, 01:59 AM
HI Saby,

I agree with you. But bad draw does suck though.

Hope to hear from you soon

Mark

Scotso
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:58 AM
She could face the very good opponent in the finals, though ;)

MaryPierceFan
Feb 12th, 2005, 08:43 AM
You're right guys. But I prefer not so tough rivals for Mary in early rounds coz if she'll lose she won't improve her ranking. Look at it, if you're seeded You have a 1st round free, then not the best rival and You are in QF. It seems easy! LOL But now for Mary is so difficult to be even in QF, the phase she wasn't happy before in she lost in QF. Why not with Myskina? But we have to believe in Mary! Go girl!

Andy.
Feb 12th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Well you have to make do with what you have Mary will have to play tough and at least she knows whats coming at her she can try and have revenge on Amelie. Good luck Mary do your best with this tough draw

Mark Spruce
Feb 13th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Yeah best of luck Mary.

I am sure that if Mary gets the chance to play momo she will really be up for it. Lucky for Momo that Serena had to withdraw in GAZ.

Mark

Edman
Feb 13th, 2005, 02:43 AM
I agree with you all.
The draw is good for Mary.
If she wins against the strong opponent,her condfidence is up,very helpful for the French Open.
If not,at least the loss does not take away her cvonfidence,since she loses to top players just like Amelie. And she can adapt the top level again~

Aticar
Feb 13th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Double's draw is open. Mary will play with Mikaelian and will face Navratilova G./Dhenin. It will be a pleasant match for our team : Navratilova arrived in final in Canberra and in Semi at the AO this year and Dhenin is a good double player (even if she'd never won a double tournament).
All I know on Mikaelian : last year she'd play just for fed cup in double and had lost all her match. Let's see...

ashwu
Feb 13th, 2005, 02:25 PM
... who is mikaelian???? why her????

Aticar
Feb 13th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Mikaelian is ranking 105. She's pro since 2001. She'd won only 1 tournament. In double, the most interessant, on her 9 match played, she'd won just one.
We could say the her level is about that of Foretz...

Mark Spruce
Feb 13th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Great to see Mary playing doubles and getting more match fitness

Mark

ashwu
Feb 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Mikaelian is ranking 105. She's pro since 2001. She'd won only 1 tournament. In double, the most interessant, on her 9 match played, she'd won just one.
We could say the her level is about that of Foretz...

...again, why her???:(
anyway, hope they do well...

Mark Spruce
Feb 13th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah would be interesting to know the reason why her.

Mark

Declan
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I've got Mary on tape somewhere when she played her (Mikaelean)at the Italian back in 2002 I think -a tough match, which Mary won. It was the first time I'd seen Mary play since Wimbledon 2000, so it was a joyous match to watch -and it seemed back then as if Mikaelean would turn out to be a much better player than has transpired.

LefandePatty
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Mary will play doubles with Marie-Gayanay Mikaelian :D :) :bounce: :drool:

Scotso
Feb 13th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Dhenin is actually not a very good doubles player.

I'm not a fan of Mikaelian but I'm happy to see Mary playing doubles.

Mark Spruce
Feb 14th, 2005, 12:34 AM
I think that it is wise for Mary to get more match practice and doubles is a great way to do that.

Mark

Andy.
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:45 AM
If Dinara can beat Amelie she cant be unbeatable and she will be lower on confidence this is the moment for Mary to strike and try and get a strong win.

MaryPierceFan
Feb 14th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Why Mikaelian? LOL There are better players in the draw. Strange choice. But we'll see. Mary needs matches so maybe they will play together more than one. LOL
Good luck Mary! Enjoy!

mamno_MARYFAN
Feb 14th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Oh well...its a tough draw again...I feel like nothing comes easy for Mary these days...:sad:

But I know that every cloud has a silver lining...at least Mary can play with players of the highest level...and I'm sure if Mary keeps grinding and lift up her chin tournament after tournament...she can rise up to her highest level again...:bounce:

So Mary should keep her mind open...relax...and enjoy her match now...Mary plays best when she's relaxed...so I hope that there's no pressure on her this time...:bounce:

Great to know that Mary's still keen on playing doubles...even with the realtively unknown Swiss player...that will help her improve her tennis for sure...!!!:angel:

Go MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel: