:sad: :sad: :sad:
mary just can't win the big points...

what's mary next touranment?

LefandePatty
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Anvers :)

Andy.
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Well at least she was compeditive she is showing us much better play then at The Aussie open she is on her way back she just needs some confidence and some consistant injury free time

Mark Spruce
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I think that Mary did well.

I think that she is on her way back, with some more matches she will getter better and sharper.

regards

Mark

LostGlory
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I think that Mary did well.

I think that she is on her way back, with some more matches she will getter better and sharper.

regards

Mark

I totally agree and I also think that Momo and Mary should practise more often together...their styles and friendships can help them improve their game....

MaryPierceFan
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I've read many comments after the match and it seems that Mary played really well. I hope she will be even better in Antwerp! Go Mary! Gooo! :bounce:
Ps: hope for a better draw! LOL

pierce_fanatic
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:15 PM
i think a scoreline of 4:6 3:6 against the world's #3 player and one of your closest friends is a good result.

it just shows that mary still has what it takes to get back to where she was in 2000. she just needs to keep at it and she needs to believe that she can beat these new and upcoming players and theres no doubt that mary will be back to the top of her game . . . but thats just my opinion anyways :p

Alana

p.s - is there anyone out there who managed to tape the match and would be willing to send me a copy, if i paid for it ?? i'd really love to see this match.
:angel:

Mark Spruce
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I totally agree with you as well on your point.

Play more doubles together as well. I think that Mary should play doubles when ever she can now. It will help improve her match fitness.

Mark

I totally agree and I also think that Momo and Mary should practise more often together...their styles and friendships can help them improve their game....

stenen
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I totally agree with you as well on your point.

Play more doubles together as well. I think that Mary should play doubles when ever she can now. It will help improve her match fitness.

Mark

They already practise quite a bit from time to time. Amélie wants to concentrate on her singles so there's not going to be doubles playing other than in the Fed Cup. Playing doubles would definitely help Mary to improve her match fitness but considering how injury prone Amélie has been in the past too much match play might have a negative effect on her.
Anyway I'm glad to see Mary feeling well and playing so great tennis again.
As for her sponsor, she is not sponsored by Nike at the moment. In fact during the preparation camp in French alps she was wearing Adidas shoes.

ashwu
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:45 PM
hope she could have a better draw next week~
it seems that mary played well until the end of every set. i guess it's because of her lack of matches. she really needs to play more~

Mark Spruce
Feb 11th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Hi,

About Nike.

In the training for the AU Open she was wearing Nike clothing, I mena with the logo. But on her match outfit no Nike Logo.

I had E-mail nike nad asked them if they still sponsor Mary and they said yes.

So I just do not know about Nike and Mary at the moment.

mark

They already practise quite a bit from time to time. Amélie wants to concentrate on her singles so there's not going to be doubles playing other than in the Fed Cup. Playing doubles would definitely help Mary to improve her match fitness but considering how injury prone Amélie has been in the past too much match play might have a negative effect on her.
Anyway I'm glad to see Mary feeling well and playing so great tennis again.
As for her sponsor, she is not sponsored by Nike at the moment. In fact during the preparation camp in French alps she was wearing Adidas shoes.

LostGlory
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Hi,

About Nike.

In the training for the AU Open she was wearing Nike clothing, I mena with the logo. But on her match outfit no Nike Logo.

mark

I think she is still wearing Nike cloth but during her matches she is putting the WTA sign on top of the Nike sign...because they are not her sponsors anymore.

saby
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I watched the match and Mary did play very well, she was just tired at the end of first set and missed some important points, but I can tell you it was not that easy for Amélie.

I really appreciated the reaction of the french crowd, during all the match there were no noise, silence...... respect !!! it was not two players but two friends playing against each other.

I have to say that I also appreciate Amélie's reaction during the interview, the commentator asked a question to Mary, the question was a bit "strange" (I would said ambiguous) about Mary's career and Amelie's career, Mary looked at him and said "what" Amélie stood up and looked at the guy and you could read in her look "you better watch out your mouth, don't attack her" it was kind of cool to see the deep respect that Amelie has for Mary.

PS. for sponsor, Mary was wearing the nike's logo but turned up side down, you only could see it when the camera was very very close, are you sure she's still with Nike (maybe her new contract will start later)
:angel: :angel: :angel:

stenen
Feb 11th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hi,

About Nike.

mark

Mary still wears their clothing but is not currently sponsored by them. This info is from Mary, she should know. :lol:

Mark Spruce
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Stenen,

I guess you know Mary, thanks for letting us know.

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Feb 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Ohh...its too bad Mary lost...:sad:

Never mind...judging from the score line....Mary must have put on a good show against Amelie...maybe Mary's not ready yet to knock out top players, let alone somebody like her good friend Amelie...

Oh well...better luck Mary in Belgium...GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: