PDA

View Full Version : Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Eric_tennis
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:45 AM
Wow,...... I really didn't expect to make a cheering thread for an Asian player. :eek:
But Mi-ra definitely needs some support and cheer from some fans for now.

Yesterday, Mi-ra left a message on her fan site that she will do her very best until she retires to be an unforgettable tennis player to her fans.... after seeing more new members on the site and supports from them. It's really good to hear that. :D

Mi-ra said she would leave for Dubai today,...and then Vietnam. :)

She has been quite unlucky after early success in junior in many ways. She once retired due to poor management of her team ( :fiery: they just abandoned her after putting BIG pressure on her ) and came back later with different team but still struggling. She was sooooo close to enter GS qualy lately,... but missed all. ( 1st in waiting list in US open 2001,.... runner-up in Asian Championship for Assie Open this year) :( :mad:

Today, Mi-ra is going to Dubai ALONE,... and her teammate Yoon-joeng Cho is going to US for 4week tour with some staffs. :( :fiery:

She's very nice and kind,.... and it's her biggest weakness in her game. She is not a player who have kind of killer instinct or cocky attitude. It brings me great sympathy for her, though.

Go, Mi-ra! You can do it!!!
:bounce:

Steveg
Mar 27th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the update Erik. I hope she'll perform well in Dubai.

Good to hear that her commitment in Vietnam is confirmed. I look forward to her venue here :D . And I'll try to have a look at her matches :) .

She should not worry too much about being that close in quite some opportunities. The same happened last year to some players I know of. Missed first quite a few opportunities at the beginning of the season, but not by much. And suddenly it happened :) . And now it's happening big!!!

Do you think she could putting too much pressure on herself now, which is reflecting on her game during her matches?

Anyway, as I said, I'll have a look at this here in Vietnam ;) .

Rising Sun
Mar 27th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Thank you Eric for creating a wonderful thread such as this! :bounce:

Mi-Ra really does care for her supporters and I'm sure they're the ones that motivate her the most. ;)

Hope she does well especially at Dubai, where there are many points to gain. She has nothing to lose the next couple of weeks, I really hope she takes advantage. It's her 1st time as a pro going to UAE and Vietnam. I hope she enjoys herself as well as play good tennis. :D

Randy H
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:11 PM
*bump* for Mi-Ra :) she's really battled hard to get back to where she's at right now, and I hope that she can avoid injuries and maybe actually get a few decent draws for once! I'd love to see her make the qualifying for a slam this year, definitely within reach if she can put together some solid results.

Eric_tennis
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your supports to Mi-ra. :D

Mi-ra must be happy about your supports,.... she wouldn't know she has some supporters in foreign coutries. ;) I'll notify her soon.

Final qualifying match against Ka-po Tong would be very critical for Mi-ra's confidence. Mi-ra had won Ka-po many times,... but in their last meeting, Mi-ra lost. :( She should have been more aggressive.

Go, Mi-ra!!

Eric_tennis
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Mira is seed #1 in 25K Ho Chimin event. :eek:
But she got the toughest draw among seeded players. :(

Hope that she can win all the way.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Apr 8th, 2002, 09:23 PM
Yuka YOSHIDA (seeded 3) also got a very tough draw as she lost in the 1st round :sad: .

Mi-Ra will be playing on Central Court this Tuesday (3rd match). I'll try to have a quick look at it, though I have to check quite a few matches on courts 3 and 4.

Eric_tennis
Apr 9th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Steveg : I appreciate your efforts for match reports in Challenger Forum. :D

If you have a chance to talk to Mi-ra,... please let her know there are many supporters out there. It would encourage her a lot in foreign country.

I'll look forward your Mi-ra's match report.

Thanks in advance.

:D

Eric_tennis
Apr 10th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Great,.... Mi-ra won the 1st round with bagel! :D

Keep going~~~

Steveg
Apr 10th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Eric_tennis
If you have a chance to talk to Mi-ra,... please let her know there are many supporters out there. It would encourage her a lot in foreign country. :D

I just had time to tell her a few words of congratulations after her match (as she was rushing back to hotel), which she did seem to appreciate.

Eric_tennis
Apr 10th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Thank you so much, Steveg. :D

She should be grateful for your kind words. As you know, she can't speak English,... she is not that relaxed in foreign country,.. maybe nervous or intimidated especially when she travels alone like this time. ( No staff. :( )

In her fan page,... Mi-ra said she would always like to make some friends on tour and look around the sites,.. but language is a big barrier or her. That's why she rushes to go hotel after match,... but some kind words to her like you did would help her to be more relaxed in foreign tour.

Steveg
Apr 11th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Thanks for your post Eric. This helped me to understand Mi Ra a bit better.

I have however to disagree on one point with you ;) : her English is not that bad as I had today a bit of a conversation with her. She seems to be extremely kind :) .

She was in the player lounge sitting not far from me and Shiho (Hisamatsu) came by. Since I had just played with Shiho a few hours ago, I had a little bit of a discussion with her. And it turned out she seems to be on excellent terms with Mi Ra.

I therefore took the opportunity to take a photo of the both of them.

And I mentioned also what you asked me : to tell her that several persons are following her results in Vietnam. She appeared extremely happy to hear about that.

I'll give her tomorrow a print out of the photo (but I'll try to post it in the ITF Hochiminh City photos thread first ;) ).

Would you think she would appreciate that I give her the URL of the thread you started (even if she has her own website)?

Eric_tennis
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Steveg : Thanks for everything. You're doing great! :D

I watched your photo gallery,... and it's much better than Tier I event. :wavey: The players look very friendly in your picture (especially Shiho & Mi-ra's. ;) )

I really appreciate your mentioning to Mi-ra,.. hopefully she would be encouraged by that. What she needs are confidence and motivation.

And it's really nice to hear that Mi-ra can commnucate well in English. Maybe she improved her English communcation skill from last year,.. good for her. :D

Lastly,... I'm not sure she will visit this site soon,.. but it would be very nice if she visit here. Hopefully, she can get some fan support & motivation here.

Steveg
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Information is available in the ITF Hochiminh City thread, but I'll repeat it here again.

Several photos of Mi Ra are available in the Photos Forum / ITF Hochiminh City section.

Here is the link : ITF Hochiminh City photos (http://photos.wtastarz.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?cat=553&thumb=1)

Just browse through it : Mi-Ra photos are there :D .

Eric_tennis
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Steveg : Thank you so much.. :D ( I'll reapt here again, too. ;) )

The win over Ka-po Tong would boost Mi-ra's confidence. She will know that she can beat them and win this tourney if she keep this level of mental toughness.

Good luck to her in final and in Seoul 25K event as well.

Go, Mi-ra~~

Eric_tennis
Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:42 AM
She won 1st round match today in 25K Seoul Challenger!

7 Mi-ra Jeon (KOR) def SEKULOVSKI Beti (AUS) 6-2,6-3

Go, Mi-ra!!

Steveg
Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the good news Eric and congratulations to Mi Ra:D !

Eric_tennis
Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:07 AM
WTA ranking as of April 22, 2000

rank name point add next-off
226 Mi-ra Jeon 115 20 5

After Seoul challenger, she will be #2 ranked player in Korea. Hopefully she can represent Korea in Asian game,... and some good results from Japan challenger in coming week,.... she can enter Grand Slam!!!!

Go, Mi-ra!

adlysha babalu
Apr 24th, 2002, 05:32 PM
heyy..what mi-ra website??

All the best to her!! :bounce:

Eric_tennis
Apr 25th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by adlysha babalu
heyy..what mi-ra website??

All the best to her!! :bounce:

This is the link for her fan site.
http://cafe16.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_list?grpid=1uNK&fldid=tUV

You might have some problem to read it,.. it's written in Korean.

:wavey:

Eric_tennis
Apr 26th, 2002, 01:19 AM
She won again!

She beat top seed Shinobu Asagoe easily with her pinpoint & deep stroke.

She will play Jin-young Choi in the semi.

Hope that she wins this challenger event.

Go, Mi-ra!

adlysha babalu
Apr 26th, 2002, 06:02 PM
shhezee her website is in korean! too bad

Eric_tennis
Apr 27th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Mi-ra won Seoul Challenger!

I'm happy for her. And she's very happy now!

7 Mi-Ra Jeon (KOR) def 5 Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 4-6,6-4,6-1

Eric_tennis
Apr 27th, 2002, 09:13 AM
During the ceremony right ater the match,... Mi-ra had short speech,.. and very emotional. She said she is very grateful for everybody,... (mentioned so many people including ball boy&girls ) And she also said she will try more and more to

I really think she deserve this win, she really earned it. It should be a big boost for her career,... her first challenger victory. She broke in top 200 again!

I'm just back from the tournament site.

While watching the match, I was worried about her stamina cause she had a hard fight over 4 hours yestday. But she must have trained so hard or mentally tough enough to last 3 setter again.

And she had big pressure mentally as well as physically from yesterday match. The semi match against Jin-young Choi was televised not only nation-wide but also world-wide using internet streaming. Many tennis-related internet boards, so many people posted severe critisism,..... some said the two player should be banned in domestic tour forever. ( How ridiculous! :mad: :fiery: )
And the commentator on TV said "It's quite embarrasing to have this moonball game from two nationa representative players. It's pathetic,.. and they should change their game." something like that. And the broadcasting was stopped after second set.

Congratulations! :D
And good luck to Mi-ra next week.

Steveg
Apr 27th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Congratulations to Mi-Ra :D . This is certainly only a new beginning for her :D .

And sorry about the bad critics for her 1/2 final, but this is not her game, her style and her spirit. She managed well against a player who tried to take advantage of her weaknesses! Well done here also :D .

And I hope for you Eric, that you had time to chat with Mi Ra at some stage during this tournament :angel: .

Rising Sun
Apr 28th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Congrats to Mi-Ra on an excellent week last week. :bounce:

Hopefully this will lead to even better things. I think she left for Nagoya on Sunday morning and it should be a short distance to Gifu. :)

I hope she gets a good draw, unlike last year. ;)

Eric_tennis
Apr 30th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Steveg : Thanks for your advice. Even though I didn't talk to Mi-ra,... but she looked so happy after the match surrounded by her friends and supporters. That's good enough for me. :D

danker : You're right. You must have read Mi-ra's message on her site. She left for Nagoya on Sunday. She left her message at the airport,... maybe she had long party on Saturday night, I gues. :)
She also mentioned her victory was possible thanks to her supporters. :)

Good luck to Mi-ra, this week,... again!

Steveg
May 6th, 2002, 12:53 PM
I know you will update Mi-Ra present ranking, Eric ;) , all the more so as the new one includes Seoul and Gifu :) .

And congratulations to Mi-Ra for this weekly improvement. I hope for her she will continue the same way all year long (and even after ;) ).

Good luck to her in Fukuoka :D !!!

Eric_tennis
May 7th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Mi-ra's New Ranking : #186

Mi-ra is back to top 200! :D

She is 2nd ranked player in Korea and hopefully get a spot for Asian Game 2002. :D
And most of all,... it will guarantee her entry for 2002 Wimbledon Qualification.

Grass is her favorate surface and Wimbledon is memorable place for her,... runner-up in Wimbledon Junior singles.
Hope that she seize these golden opportunities.

Go, Mi-ra!

Eric_tennis
May 7th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Steveg
I know you will update Mi-Ra present ranking, Eric ;) , all the more so as the new one includes Seoul and Gifu :) .

And congratulations to Mi-Ra for this weekly improvement. I hope for her she will continue the same way all year long (and even after ;) ).

Good luck to her in Fukuoka :D !!!

Thanks for reminding me, Steveg. :o ;) :wavey:

I've wanted to be away from tennis stuff for a while. I think I've been obsessed with tennis stuff too(somewhat) much during the last several weeks.

I got the worst ever sun-burn on my face during the Lee Junior tournamant & Seoul challenger period and used excessive amount of time for lunch those days. So, many people in my office asked me what's going on and worried about me,.... I didn't drop a hint though. ;) :o :)

I worked in a tropical country during the winter and spring season. I played tennis almost everyday (at night with lights ;) ),... I used to travel every weekend doing swimming in the beach, elephant safari,...etc But I couldn't imagine I would get this worst sun-burn on my face in Korea,..the mild temperate zone. :eek:

I played tennis 4 hours last weekend. I had no hitting partner at that time,.. but I managed to hit with several guys without any break... and those are all strangers to me. :eek: And I'm going to play tonight as well.
Nowadays I'm desperate to know my faves' result.....so,...

I guess I'm definitely obsessed with tennis too much now. :o

Steveg
May 7th, 2002, 03:56 PM
This is to avoid these sunburns that I use some maximum sunblock lotion ;) . And a cap too!

The same would have otherwise happened to me :o .

And I do the same as you : every week-end, I play against a different opponent, whom I don't know. My coach finds one for me, each time with different type of play if possible. Gives an excellent practice.

And BTW, I try to play on cover courts. No sun there and no reflection either. And because it is only a cover court, it is not too hot :) . A pity to have to do this with such a wonderful weather, but too much is too much :angel: .

Mi-Ra is playing in MD, so you still have a bit of time before looking for her results ;) .

All the best to her in Fukuoka :wavey: .

Rising Sun
May 8th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Eric, did you see that Mi-Ra entered $10K Tianjin, CHN on the Week of 27 May? :eek:
I think she might have missed the thread on her homepage regarding the Chinese tourneys. I'm sure she still doesn't know about the two $25K tourneys. I really hope she doesn't go to Tianjin at the end of May only to realise at the last minute that she entered a $10K. :(
What a blow for her schedule. A pity because I'm sure she would have entered them if she knew about it earlier. :sad:

Anyway, she won her 1st rd at Fukuoka. Next match : 2-Yoon-Jeong Cho (KOR). Time for revenge against her good friend. ;)

Eric_tennis
May 9th, 2002, 01:53 AM
Steveg : Thanks for replying. :wavey:
I'd like to play against a different opponent,... especially power hitter. That's why I changeed my single-handed backhand to double-handed to come up with their power. I really like to hit back their shot with more pace. But it's hard to get a new hitting partners,... and most of people here prefers doubles to singles match. :(

Good luck to Mi-ra and your faves! :D

Eric_tennis
May 9th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by danker
Eric, did you see that Mi-Ra entered $10K Tianjin, CHN on the Week of 27 May? :eek:
I think she might have missed the thread on her homepage regarding the Chinese tourneys. I'm sure she still doesn't know about the two $25K tourneys. I really hope she doesn't go to Tianjin at the end of May only to realise at the last minute that she entered a $10K. :(
What a blow for her schedule. A pity because I'm sure she would have entered them if she knew about it earlier. :sad:

danker :wavey: Certainly, I saw your posting regarding $10K Tianjin and felt bad about her schedule. I think she should
quit entering 10K event now. She she need to focus on challenger events and low Tier tour qualies, I think.
She didn't bring her lap-top PC this time,... so, no way to know what she thinks about that. :(
When I saw two Chinese 25K commitment list,... I felt good for her. Because I thought she would go to Europe for WTA event. Vietnam 25K winner is supposed to enter Madrid open,...and the winner, Tian-Tian Sun committed the local events,... so I thought it would go to Mi-ra.
I don't know what's going on now. :confused: :rolleyes: But it's definitely disaster for Mi-ra skipping two easy 25K events and enter one 10K event with almost same field.
I have had some feeling that management of her team is not that competent or maybe they are focused on Yoon-jeong's schedule only. :fiery:

Hope she withdraws from the 10K and goes to Europe.

Go, Mi-ra~

adlysha babalu
May 9th, 2002, 11:44 AM
:hearts: all the best to her...anyway is she playing any tourney right now?? sorry a little blurr!

Eric_tennis
May 10th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by adlysha babalu
:hearts: all the best to her...anyway is she playing any tourney right now?? sorry a little blurr!

Yes. She is playing in Fukuoka 50K challenger now. You can find more info in Challenger Forum. She advanced to quarterfinal beating #2 seed.

Eric_tennis
May 13th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Mi-ra came back!

Mi-ra just left a message on her fan-site. She said she arrived Seoul this morning and visited internet cafe to leave a message for her fan. :D She expressed her gratitude for her fans' support many times and she would try to be a hard working professional.

Mi-ra mentions that she will stay in Korea for the next 3 weeks then play 2 tournaments before Wimbledon quali. ( It means she would withdraw from the Tianjin 10K event. :D ) And some kind words to her fans.

Go, Mi-ra!

Rising Sun
May 13th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the news Eric. :wavey:

Relieved to hear that Mi-Ra has decided on a 3 week break. ;)

I wonder which 2 tourneys she'll play before Wimby? :confused:

Hopefuly, Tashkent will be one of them. :)

Steveg
May 13th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the news Eric :) . It is indeed very considerate of Mi-Ra to leave such kind of very appreciated message on her website. I hope she'll give more hints about her coming tournaments ;) and obviously wish her luck for these events :D .

Rising Sun
May 14th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Mi-Ra is next scheduled for $25K Surbiton, GBR on the Week of 3 June. :)

Her first tourney in Europe since Wimby 1997. :eek:

Eric_tennis
May 15th, 2002, 02:14 AM
Wow,... good news! :D

Thanks for the info, danker. :wavey:

I've thought that her scheduling has been kind of disaster,... but it's getting better hopefully.

I think her game suits playing in Europe rather than in Asia.
I heard that Surbiton 25K would be a strong field for that category.

Good luck!

Eric_tennis
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Mi-ra won her 1st round match in Surbition, England (25K). :D

She won in 3 sets against Bryanne Stewart (AUS) after 3 week break. Her next opponent will be Christina Wheeler(Aus). Her ranking is not high, but she beat Anna at French open,.. so it'd be tough match.

1st round : Mi-Ra Jeon (KOR) def Bryanne Stewart (AUS) 6-4,3-6,6-3
2nd round : B]Mi-Ra Jeon[/B] (KOR) vs Christina Wheeler (AUS)

Hopefully, she can get though to the quarter.

Go, Mi-ra~

Rising Sun
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Mi-Ra lost to Christina in a very close match last year.
Hopefully she'll turn the tables this time. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week of 19 November
ITF Nuriootpa Challenger, AUS ($25K)

1R: d. Q-Yulia Beygelzimer (UKR) 6-1 6-2
2R: l. 7-Christina Wheeler (AUS) 6-4 6-7(6) 6-7(4)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steveg
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:17 PM
All the more as it is grass now and she is on fire. I don't think Nuriootpa was on grass, was it. All the best to her. Eric, any news from Mi-Ra on her website? Is it possible to ask if she'll go to the WTA Pattaya this year (this would give me an additional reason to go there!).

Eric_tennis
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Mi-ra lost to Christina. :sad:
Whenever there is court change due to rain,... Mi-ra loses. :(

danker : Thanks for the info. Surely Mi-ra will turn the tables. ;)

Steveg : No news on Mi-ra's website. :( I think she didn't bring her labtop PC this time. So,... I don't know her next schedule either. I'll post a message asking her commitment to Patayya when she comes back. I think she shoud enter the event,.... for your sake. ;)

Steveg
Jun 9th, 2002, 03:05 PM
In spite of a court change (to indoor) due to the rain, Mi-Ra won today against Claudine Schaul at Birmingham qualies.

Well done Mi-Ra :D .

Rising Sun
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Mi-Ra won her final qualifying match 6-2 6-2 against former Top 30 player, Rachel McQuillan. :D

It's her first WTA maindraw appearance since Toyota Princess Cup 1998. :eek:

Eric_tennis
Jun 11th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Yes,.. indeed! :D
She's now in Tier III maindraw! And she earned it!

Thanks for BIG support for Mi-ra. :wavey: I've been a bit lazy due to FIFA World cup games.. :o

BTW, there's no update on her fan page,... she surely didn't bring her lap top PC this time. :(

Her chance at 1st round looks good. Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Jun 18th, 2002, 04:59 AM
And now, Mi-Ra is in the qualifyings of Wimbledon.

She is playing this Tuesday (3rd match on court 5) against Stphanie Cohen-Aloro.

This should not be a major threat to Mi-Ra :
. Stphanie is mostly a clay court player
. she does not move that well around the court (sideways but mostly to the net)

On the other hand, Mi-Ra has an excellent footwork. If she can get Stphanie moving (which Mi-Ra usually does very well), it should be OK for her :) .

However, Stphanie can hit some pretty good serves, which should be handy on grass. She has however a long preparation on her backhand (long loop) that should be a disadvantage to her.

Steveg
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Mi-Ra is doing well at Wimbledon :

Q1 : Mi-Ra Jeon KOR d. Stephanie Cohen Aloro FRA 61 63
Q2 : Mi-Ra Jeon KOR d. Alena Vaskova CZE 75 64

With the points she has bagged in so far, Mi-Ra should find herself nerby the 147th rank, three places close to her best ever (in November 1997).

If she wins her Q3 match, she'll not only qualify for the main draw but also find herself at least around the 140 spot and have improved her best ranking ever.

She will therefore certainly feel a lot of pressure on her shoulders during that match against Els Callens :eek: .

All the best to her :D .

Eric_tennis
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the updates, Steveg. :wavey:

I've been a bit lazy. :o

Mi-ra is doing well but Els Callen is definitely dangerous player for Mi-ra. She's well known for good doubles player,.. but I think she can be very good in singles on grass.

Good luck, Mi-ra!

adlysha babalu
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:07 PM
hope she wins the qua rounds..and at least get into the main draw!!!!

Eric_tennis
Jun 21st, 2002, 12:25 AM
Mi-ra lost in 3 sets. :eek:

But she fought. I'm just satisfied with that.

Better luck next time, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:50 AM
And Mi-Ra still gets GBP 4,000 prize money for that ;) . I am certain she'll do better next time. It was already a good performance to reach the final round :) .

Eric_tennis
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:07 AM
I hope so, Steveg. :D

She will play 50K Los Gatos in a week. Good luck to her there.

Go, Mi-ra!

Rising Sun
Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:45 AM
Eric, Mi-Ra's name was taken off the Los Gatos list, Yoon-Jeong as well. :(

However, they're both still on the list for $25K College Park, which is on the week after that. :wavey:

Eric_tennis
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:43 AM
Thanks danker for updating. :wavey:

Finally, Mi-ra left a message on her fan page.
I'll summarize that briefly.

+++++

I came back to Korea last Saturday after matches in Wimbledon thanks to supporters. I got a lot of points during the last 2 months and broke into the top 200 finally. I think I have good results nowadays thanks to feeling comfortable mentally rather than good skills.
Even though I was far away during the World Cup, I'd supported Korea team eagerly, so I had some trouble during in my own match for that. I wish tennis would get more attention and supports from people in Korea like soccer even if not as big as those of soccer.
Today I started training again since coming back from England. I'd like to break into top 100 this year, so I need to take care of my body more. I guess I'd have some regret after retirement if I cannot compete in Grand Slam maindraw. Can I have chance like that? It'd be possible if I try my best..?

My schedule would be like this. I'll enter challengers from 10th of July and then prepare US open and then maybe Asian Game.
Are you guys going to cheer for Korea team of 3th-4th determination match on Saturday? I'll do that too.
I'll leave a message before leaving.
Take care. Have a good day. *^.^*

Steveg
Jun 28th, 2002, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the info Eric :) . I hope she'll succeed in breaking into the top 100 within this year. This is quite a challenge.

No information about a possible attendance at Pattaya at the end of the year...

Rising Sun
Jun 28th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the translation Eric. :wavey:

Bad news, both Mi-Ra's and Yoon-Jeong's name were taken off $25K College Park as well. Hopefully they'll be playing at $50K Oyster Bay on the Week of 15 July.

Maybe Mi-Ra means that she'll be leaving for the US on 10 July? :confused:

Steve, I'm confident Mi-Ra will be going to Pattaya. I'm predicting 6 weeks of tourneys for Mi-Ra starting from Surabaya at the end of the year.

Eric_tennis
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:42 AM
Hi, all. :wavey: ( especially danker & Steveg ;) )

I hope she enters Pattaya this year.

I think she didn't know her schedule change when she wrote the message. I don't think She enters touney all by herself. She is a member of a team with Yoon-joeng and Yoo-mi,... and there's a coach, Il-Soon Kim (former top Korean female player) and other guys. So, they changed it not noticing Mi-ra. :(
Hope she can compete as many as she could in US hard court events. Cause, I just remind the proverb, "Make hay while the sun shines". I guess you should know what I mean. ;)

Eric_tennis
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:31 AM
She withdrew again. :(

I have no idea what's going on. She withdrew from two events in a row. No update on her fan page either. :(
Maybe it should have some relation with her team or her teammate Yoon-jeong Cho.

Any info on her? :rolleyes:

Rising Sun
Jul 8th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Mi-Ra and Yoon-Jeong are both on the list for $50K Oyster Bay starting on 15 July. Let's hope they stay there! :rolleyes: ;)

Eric, any news on Eun-Ha rehabilitation? She's been doing a lot of 'withdrawing' lately as well. :sad:

Eric_tennis
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Hi, danker :wavey:

Sorry for late reply. I've been waiting for reopening Eun-ha Kim's fan page but I got some info in another site.

According to the source, Eun-ha won't enter any event until September due to the back injury. I could expect this kind of stuff when she had entered Korean & Japanese events right after her back surgery to defend her bunch of points from last year . Poor girl.

Last week, there was a domestic championship in Korea. Jin-young Choi won the event beating Young-ja Choi in the final. :) (and Kyung-yee Chae in the semi . :sad: ) ( many top players didn't enther, though. No Mi-ra, Yoon-jeong or Kyung-mi )
She didn't have good result lately including Chinese challengers due to her shoulder injury. She said that her shoulder was getting better and rain delay had helped her a lot. Most important thing is she played very aggressively in the match not using her trademark "moon-ball". After so severe criticicism in her homeland, she changed her game tactics this time. But I want her to keep her old tactics and some more aggressive shots together. She has very good high lob, so why not use them in the match?
I don't like the moonball game neither way, watching nor playing. But that's what she has and can do well. Hope she can break into top 200 soon with healthy body and be with some more financial support for abroad events.

And finally, some news from Mi-ra! She left a message on her fan site a couple of days ago. ( Am I lazy? ;) )
It says she would leave for an event this weekend. ( It may mean she enters $50K Oyster Bay,...? Hope so. ) And she said she was having some problem with her backhand shot making and footwork. ( too much rest? :( So,... I urged her to keep playing after Wimbledon qualy when she was playing good. Considering Els Callen's good run there getting almost 200 points, :eek: Mi-ra could have seized that golden opportunity IMO. )

Hope this could be a fair answer to you.

Go, Mi-ra!

Rising Sun
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the news (& long answer) Eric. :wavey:

Both Mi-Ra and Yoon-Jeong are on the Updated list for $50K Oyster Bay and also for $50K Louisville and $50K Lexington. It means that it's unlikely she'll be playing in the Chinese Challengers. :sad: I wonder how many tournaments Mi-Ra will play before US Open? :confused:

Poor Eun-Ha. :sad: I wish she didn't rush to get back on tour after her operation. It's a pity because she doesn't have much points to defend the next couple of months.

Congrats to Jin-Young. She seems to have an edge over Young-Ja. I hope she plays her "old game" when she's overseas. ;)

I agree with you. Mi-Ra's match was very close and if she did win that, she would have a great chance to do well in the maindraw. Anyway, I guess that was fate. :( I hope her backhand and footwork won't be such a problem for her. She needs a good draw next week in order for her to get her confidence on hardcourt, as she hasn't played a match on it since April. :eek:

Eric_tennis
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:26 AM

It's good to know that Mi-ra would play at least three 50K events in a row. :D
And I just saw the commitment list for $50K Oyster Bay and Mi-ra has a chance to be seeded at least #8. It should be a good chance!

V.Melb
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Well, it seems Mi-Ra's loss to Callens was no shame whatsoever. Callens went on to beat a seed in the main draw and heavily challenge the defending champion who is in almsot unbeatable form.
I hope Mi-Ra can keep her ranking up for the rest of the year so i can see her play qualifying aus open in jan(or even main draw - god willing). - i will match report every asian player! :D
(like i do most years) ;)
I must say that its refreshing to see Mi-Ra is this positive form and ranking ... if i remember correctly she was losing in a few 10k challengers a few months ago (maybe i am wrong?)
anyways - i must say that i often come in this thread and read even though i don't post that much

- so be aware of my spooky presence! ;) :p

Eric_tennis
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:27 AM
V.Melb : Thanks for posting here. :D

I'll look forward to seeing your exclusive match report dedicated to Mi-ra in Aussie open next year. ;)

Steveg
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:03 PM
Does someone know if Mi-Ra intends to participate at the Asian Championships in Tashkent mid-October?

Eric, any possibility to ask her on her website?

With her new ranking, she might decide to skip the competition :sad: ?

Eric_tennis
Jul 25th, 2002, 01:17 AM
Hi, Steveg. :wavey:

Sorry for late reply. I've visited Mi-ra's fan page regularly,...but I'm not sure she brought her lab-top PC this time.
As soon as she comes back home, I post a message to ask her commitment for the Asian Championship.

She said that good showing there last year gave her big confidence in an interview,... so unless she enters other events in the same week, she would enter the Championship, I guess. And I heard that WC for Wimbledon (not Aussie?) will be rewarded for the winner,... so why not?

Steveg
Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:36 AM
I am also late to update.

Mi-Ra lost last week in R2 of Louisville ($50K, KY, USA) against Mashona Washington 4-6 4-6 :sad: .

Berlin_Calling
Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:02 AM
GO MI RA!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brunof
Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:38 AM
Whoo Hoo Go Mi-Ra! :)

Shocking but I actually found a picture of her, a beauty, yes?

http://qfoto.tripod.com/qphoto/jeo157q.jpg

Rising Sun
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Mi-Ra's very nice. ;) :hearts:

More pics of her at:

http://tennisplaza.co.kr/gall/mira.htm

brunof
Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:19 PM
Oh yes, she is very pretty!

I find this quite pretty, cute Pom too! :)

http://tennisplaza.co.kr/gall/mira/mi08.jpg

Rising Sun
Aug 8th, 2002, 04:00 PM
More bad news. :rolleyes:

Both Yoon-Jeong and Mi-Ra have withdrawn from $50K Bronx Challenger next week, so it means they won't have any more preparation before US Open. :(

I really wonder what's going on with this two. Mi-Ra would have had the perfect opportunity to improve her rank the last few weeks. :mad:

Berlin_Calling
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:44 AM
:sad:

Eric_tennis
Aug 12th, 2002, 11:20 AM
:fiery:
Another bad news!!!! :sad:

That's typical for her team. Wow,... I can't believe Mi-ra lost good chances due to her team-mate,Yoon-joeng Cho's injury.

I didn't learn Mi-ra's withrawing from Bronx cause I had been to Japan for business trip during the last week. :( (Terrible weather in Tokyo, hot & humid. )

Anyway,.... I got some info on her fan page from a post by her friend,..... it says Mi-ra leave for US this Friday. :D She will participate US open qualies! :D

Go, Mi-ra!!

Rising Sun
Aug 12th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the news Eric! :wavey:

Glad to see Mi-Ra is still playing tennis. ;) :rolleyes:

I wonder if Yoon-Jeong withdrew? :confused: :sad:

Eric_tennis
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:41 AM
Hi, danker. :wavey:

Yeah,... I'm glad to know her team allowed her to enter US open qualy. ;)

Hope that she's been trained well for the US open.

Eric_tennis
Aug 14th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Again, another bad new! :sad:

Mi-ra finally posted a message on her fan page yesterday, after her practice session.
She said she had practice session on Olympic tennis court (the venue of Steffi's 1988 gold medal victory :D) as usual. But this time there were many people watching her,... so it made her somewhat uncomfortable. ( I know she really cares spectators. ;) )
And she injured herself during the practice session. :sad: Mi-ra hopes it should be a minor one,.. cause she should be ready in a week for US open qualy.

She said she would take a flight for US on Friday as scheduled,... but she is worrying about the back injury just before the one of the most important event in a year.

Hopefully, she gets well soon.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:17 AM
This is really a bad news:( .

Eric, did she say what kind of injury it is?

And taking a plane can make an injury worse sometimes (in particular back injuries) :sad: .

I hope that she'll be in good shape for the US Open :D .

Rising Sun
Aug 14th, 2002, 05:23 PM

I was hoping not to hear anything like that. :(
It's been a while since Mi-Ra's had a major injury, I really hope this isn't another one. :sad:

I remember Mi-Ra had a back injury late 2000, which made her withdraw from 3 tourneys. :mad:

Eric_tennis
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Hi, all~~ :wavey:

Sorry for late reply due to my semi-vocation. ;)

Mi-ra left a message last Friday just before her flight to US. In the message, she didn't mention anything about her back injury,... so I think her back is OK now,... hopefully.
She also mentions she will do her best in US open,... and she will play Asian tour after US open and before Asian Games.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Aug 18th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the update Eric :wavey:

All the best to Mi-Ra at the US Open :D .

And any news about a possible participation at the Asian Championships in Tashkent :confused: ?

Eric_tennis
Aug 19th, 2002, 01:16 AM
And any news about a possible participation at the Asian Championships in Tashkent :confused: ?

Sorry about that. I forgot to post a question on Mi-ra's fan page. :o

Mi-ra mentioned that she got big confidence from the Asian Championship last year,.... so....
I'll post a message regarding the matter as soon as Mi-ra has internet access.

Steveg
Aug 20th, 2002, 01:56 AM
Mi-Ra will be playing against TOPALOVA, Dessislava BUL in the first round of the qualifyings.

Mi-Ra will be playing 3rd match on Tuesday - Court 18.

Good luck :).

She is however in the same qualifying group as Zheng Jie :fiery: . What are the probabilities this would happen :sad: ?

Rising Sun
Aug 20th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Mi-Ra lost to Topalova twice at the end of last year. I really hope she can win this time, and hopefully the injury won't be a factor. Good luck to her. :D

Eric_tennis
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:40 AM
Hi, all~ :wavey:

Good news from Mi-ra! :D

Mi-ra made a great comeback in the 1st round US quali. Hopefully, she will get more confidence for the next round.

1st round : Mi-Ra Jeon d. Dessislava Topalova 1-6 6-0 6-4 :D
2nd round matchup : JEON, Mi-Ra (KOR) vs. KLASCHKA, Sabine (GER)

Steveg: I feel sorry about having Jie and Mi-ra in the same bracket. :(
Hope that they have good luck in the 2nd round match. :D

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:57 AM
Steveg: I feel sorry about having Jie and Mi-ra in the same bracket. :(
Hope that they have good luck in the 2nd round match. :DI see only a LL spot as a solution, but I don't think it would be possible :sad: .

King Aaron
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:54 AM
:( it's always hard when this happens

Eric_tennis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:29 AM

Mi-ra left a message on her fan page after the 1st rd match. :D

She said she is happier about the victory because her condition was not good. She is saying she is still in mini-slump, but this kind of victory would be helpful to get her back to on track. ( I think so. :D )
She said, she was so nervous in the 1st set, so couldn't move well and watch the ball well,.. but in the 2nd set, she tried to concentrate and calm down herself,... and it worked well. :)

And another good thing is there are many Korean restaurant & Korean cyber cafe,.. so she has no food problem for this tournament and can access internet easily.

Lastly, she asked fan's support for her 2nd round match.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the news Eric :wavey: ,

I hope her condition will improve for today's match.

Good to hear that she can connect nearly everywhere; it will be easier to know if she intends to go to the Asian Championships ;) .

2nd round : I can still support her :p . Good luck to her :D .

V.Melb
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:23 AM
Thats really great to know she is comfortable at the moment. despite not being in good form.
But why is there a food problem if there is no korean food? i don't understand?

Lets hope she can win her next match. :)

Eric_tennis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by V.Melb
But why is there a food problem if there is no korean food? i don't understand?

Hi, V.Melb. :wavey:

Thanks for your support for Mi-ra. :D

Whenever she stays in a foreign country, she always has that food problem like many other Koreans. :o
Cause Korean food are very different from western food and other Asian food,... so she can last 2 or 3 days without Korean food,... but more than a week? No way! :p

She mentioned on her fan page that she lost her appetite totally in US circuit last year, so she said she barely moved on the court. :eek:
The same thing has been happened so many(almost) Korean atheletes in foreign countries,.... the most recent gossip on that matter was about Korean World cup soccer star, Jung-hwan Ahn. He was severely critisized by his Italian soccer club Perugia's (spell?) owner that he doesn't eat Italian food and always travel to buy Korean food for another city. :p

I guess it is quite difficult to change one's appetite for food in several years. ;)

Eric_tennis
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
Good to hear that she can connect nearly everywhere; it will be easier to know if she intends to go to the Asian Championships ;) .

2nd round : I can still support her :p . Good luck to her :D .

Hi, Steveg :wavey:

I ask my friend to post a message on her fan page regarding that matter. And I verified that he posted it. (Only members are allowed to post a message. ;) )
So, I'll let you know as soon as Mi-ra answers that question.

As for Jie,... I really hope she advances to final round in quali. It's good to see another good player in GS or tour event from China.
But, when against Mi-ra,......... :p :angel:

Steveg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:01 AM
Thanks a lot Eric. I do hope to see her again in Tashkent :D .

If both win their Q2 match, I'll be supporting both of them (but Jie a bit more though ;) ).

Meanwhile, all the best to both of them in their coming match :D .

BTW, isn't it possible for players to bring some Korean canned food with them? Iknow a few Vietnamese do it when they go studying overseas (even if they can find some Vietnamese shops in other countries. Never tastes quite the same ;) ).

I think this is actually the case in several Asian countries if not mistaken.

V.Melb
Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:41 PM
Well. Eric, Steve, Danker.
Mi-Ra has now made main draw of us open by defeating Kucova in two easy sets. :kiss:
Mi-Ra keep it up! go for it now! and congrats! :)
She must be thrilled.
Eric, maybe it is the korean food. ;) :p

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lets see How Mi-Ra's draw is.... this could be the start of a huge confidence boost for her.

Eric_tennis
Aug 24th, 2002, 12:51 AM
Mi-ra advances to US open maindraw for the 1st time!

:bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

Finally, her hard work paid off! Congratulations, Mi-ra!~ You did a great job. And you proved your critics wrong since your comeback from retirement.

And thank you all guys here!!! Mi-ra will really appreciated it.

V.Melb : You should be right! There are big Korean community near the US open venue,... so she's been energized by Korean food! :D And she must be thrilled like you said,...so she forgot to write a message on her fan page. ;)

Steveg : I think canned food wouldn't be much of help for her. Because, most Korean food lose their genuine taste when they get canned or packed.
I feel sorry about Jie,... she made a good win against Vannesa. :sad: Hopefully, Jie and Mi-ra meet in the US open next year,... But not in the qualy,.. I mean ... in the maindraw next year.

BTW,.... where's danker? Maybe,.. in summer vacation? He should be happy for Mi-ra, I think. :D

Go, Mi-ra in the maindraw!

V.Melb
Aug 24th, 2002, 08:39 AM
After what you said about Mi-Ra being so emotional. I hope she can beat Ai.
I had no Idea that Mi-Ra actually retired at some stage.
Also Mi-Ra will get a nice lot of points after this so her ranking should improve regardless.

I hope it only gets better for Mi-Ra and she gets in that top 100.... somewhere she should have been a long time ago. ;)

Rising Sun
Aug 24th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Congrats to Mi-Ra!!! :bounce:

I followed the scores last night and Mi-Ra really didn't let Kucova get into the match until 5-0 in the 2nd set. Mi-Ra had 3 MPs, but lost all of them and Kucova finally got a game. I was very relieved when Mi-Ra served it out at 5-1. ;)

However, my joy was shortlived when I found out this morning that she'll be playing Ai in the 1st rd. :mad:
I knew something like this was going to happen. :rolleyes:
Anyway, Mi-Ra has nothing to lose. I just hope she won't be too nervous and try her best. I'll be happy for whoever does win. :)

I'm just incredibly happy for her after all she's been through. She truly deserves this, and I hope she enjoys every single moment of playing in a GS maindraw. :D

BTW, I had a lot of trouble connecting to the site the last couple of days, that's why you didn't hear from me. ;)

Eric_tennis
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:44 AM

danker : I knew it! ;) You must have followed the scores~~.

V.Melb : I hope so. :D I think Mi-ra has a good chance to break into top 100 by the end of this year.

Steveg : Mi-ra answered your question about the Asian Championship. She said on her fan page that "Nothing is determined yet, so we'll see." But I sensed that she would enter if she stays healthy. :D

Steveg
Aug 26th, 2002, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the news, Eric :) . We'll see...

Mi-Ra made it to the 2nd round of the "Sanex Hero of the year" vote :) .

Eric, Martina Hingis is far ahead in the votes; she doesn't need additional support at the moment ;) .

And Mi-Ra has only one vote for the time being : mine :eek: .

brunof
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:57 AM
I was so thrilled to watch Mi-Ra push the Q and make it into the maindraw, but soooo sad that she has to face a red hot Ai Sugiyama, which leaves one packing...(:( Both are so worthy.) Best of luck Mi-Ra! :)

Eric_tennis
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Mi-ra~~~ Fight!!

Oh, no, Mi-ra is losing break point.... 2 all in 2nd set.

Fight, Mi-ra!

Eric_tennis
Aug 27th, 2002, 05:19 PM
YES!!! :bounce:

Mi-ra fought back! She is leading in the 2nd set now!

3-6, 3-2.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:13 AM
Here's a pic from the web cam.

Steveg
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Another one :) .

Steveg
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:15 AM
One more ;) .

Steveg
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[18] def. Mi-Ra Jeon (KOR) 6/3 6/3

That's too bad but Mi-Ra had a good run at the US Open :) . Nothing to be ashamed of.

Eric_tennis
Aug 28th, 2002, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the pics, Steveg. :wavey:

Yeah, nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyway, this could have been the big boost for her confidence, if she won at least a set.
Actually, she had chances. She fought back from 0-2 in the second set to 3-2 and holding game point,... but lost the game. If she had won the game, it could have gone either way. (hopefully)

Anyway, Ai was solid player as we can see from her achievements and ranking. Congrats to her and her fans. :)

I think Mi-ra keeps working this way, she could reach top 50 next year and can get some good MD result in Wimbledon next year. Yay! :bounce:

Go, Mi-ra!!

Eric_tennis
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Wow,... Mi-ra left a great message after the loss on her fan page.

She said she will work for greater dream from now on!

Mi-ra said the match with Ai gave her big confidence and motivation. She said she was nervous in the beginning about playing #18 seeded player in the world. But she found that she can definitely compete the players in that level.
Mi-ra also mentioned lack of big match experience was one of the big reason for the loss.

She said she will train hard for higher goal like quarterfinal in Grand Slam or more!!!! :bounce:

I've always thought Mi-ra has talent but always lacked of fighting spirit and ambition for her own career.
But this match has changed her mind. :D

She ask her fans to watch her steps for making the dream. GREAT.

She mentioned that she will play 3 WTA tour event ( qualy) and then Asian Games after one week rest. She said she'll leave US tomorrow.

Go, Mi-ra Go!!

Steveg
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the news Eric :) .

Good to see she could analyse her match against Ai positively. She had a good start I think (I watched only the first few games :o ).

I think she should get some practice at the Asian Championships ;) too.

Has she given the names of these WTA tournaments?

Rising Sun
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Good to hear Mi-Ra is positive after that loss. I followed the scores, and it was a lot closer than the score indicated. Mi-Ra had plenty of chances to win more games, but Ai was able to do better when it counted the most.

By common sense, I'm guessing the 3 WTA tourneys will be:
* Shanghai (Tier IV)
* Tokyo (Tier II)
* Bali (Tier III)

Steveg
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:51 PM
It could be but she mentioned playing qualies in these WTA events.

I would expect her to make it in the main draw in some of them :confused: .

Rising Sun
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:55 PM
She probably doesn't know whether she made the maindraw yet, and they'll be using her her ranking of entry which was about 150-160. Plus they were the only ones she entered, and also mentioned about playing in the Asian circuit... :confused:

Eric_tennis
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:42 AM

danker & Steveg : I'm sorry for late reply. ;)

I was busy today all day due to a seminar,... I just came back to my office.

danker, I think you're right about the 3 events. She wouldn't play Japan Open for Asian Games team competition which she cares most among the events left this year.
Yeah, I was wondering she could enter the Tokyo event (Tier II) with her ranking even for quali. :rolleyes:
But that's what she said on her board,.. she didn't mention the titles of the events, though. ;)
Hopefully, she can enter at least qualy for all 3 events, and makes Maindraw,... then makes some noise. (somewhat BIG I hope).

I think she considers her future career as an ambitious one after the match. She didn't stay US open site after the loss,... I think she was eager to start training,...

Hopefully, she does not overload her body with the hard training,... and still finds some fun stuff outside tennis as well. (What am I talking about? :o I've never imagine I could say this kind of thing to Mi-ra! :p )

Bye now.
:)

Rising Sun
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:43 PM
Hi Eric! :wavey:

I'm sure Mi-Ra will make the qualies at least for all 3 events as the cut-offs are usually quite weak for Asian events. Let's hope the training will pay off. Also perhaps working on her mental strength might have some benefit too? :confused:

Anyway, good luck to her. I hope to see her in the Top 100 at the end of the year, or close to it at least. She really doesn't have too much to defend until next year. :cool:

Eric_tennis
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:05 AM
Hi, danker~~ :wavey:

You're were right about the tournies. Mi-ra left a message on her fan site that she would leave for Shanghai today, and then Tokyo & Bali. She mentioned that after Asian Game she would have some rest.

She said her current goal is breaking into top 100 soon. I think it sounds feasible,..by the end of this year.

Steveg
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:52 AM
She mentioned that after Asian Game she would have some rest.Thanks for the news Eric :) .

Rest = no Asian Championships :sad: .

Eric_tennis
Sep 9th, 2002, 06:46 AM

Sorry for late reply. I'm not sure Mi-ra will skip the Asian championship considering the "rest" stuff.

She doesn't seem to have brought Lap top PC for the Shanghai event. So, I'll ask again as soon as she access her fan page.

Hopefully, she enters the championship. Good news is STAR sports will broadcast the women's & men's singles final,.. so many of this board can watch Mi-ra if she reaches there. :D

kournikovafan13
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Mi-Ra is playing Shanghai (Tier IV) this week, and she's made it into the main draw on merit :D

In the first round she faces a qualifier. Go Mi-Ra! :bounce:

Eric_tennis
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:14 AM
kournikovafan13 : Thanks for the info and support to Mi-ra. :wavey:

Mi-ra left for China not knowing she made main-draw due to recent withdrawals. :eek: That's why she left on Thursday, and she couldn't do much training due to typoon(aka Hurricane.) in that area. :(

A qualifier can be dangerous in a Chinese event,.. but hopefully Mi-ra will advance to later rounds.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Sep 9th, 2002, 06:37 PM

Sorry for late reply. I'm not sure Mi-ra will skip the Asian championship considering the "rest" stuff.

Hopefully, she enters the championship. Good news is STAR sports will broadcast the women's & men's singles final,.. so many of this board can watch Mi-ra if she reaches there. :D

:D Hello Eric and thanks for the "non-news" ;) . I will wait and see. If she goes, you can expect some "special coverage" as I should get a media accreditation :D (shall I see VJ doing the coverage for Star Sports ;) ).

The final selection for Korea will however not known until October 5th, which is the deadline for entries :( .

Steveg
Oct 5th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Eric :wavey: ,

You have noticed that Mi-Ra is for the time being in the commitments list of the Asian Championships :D .

But it will most probably depend on how she feels after her injury at the Asian Games.

Has there been any information available about her present condition :confused: ? Is it a serious injury :sad: or just exhaustion ?

Steveg
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:27 PM
I have learnt that there has been a strong "disagreement" (dispute?) between Mi-Ra and the Korean Tennis Federation during the Asian Games in Pusan :( .

I do not know the nature of this dispute but I understand that Mi-Ra may not be playing for her country again :sad: .

Eric_tennis
Oct 15th, 2002, 05:04 AM

Late reply again,.. :o In this week I don't have much time in the office,.. so....

Anyway,... I don't think Mi-ra and Tennis Federation had some dispute,... not Mi-ra but Mi-ra's team and Tennis Federation. As you know,.. Mi-ra and Yoon-jeong Cho and Hyung-Tak Lee are in the same team,... and HT Lee had some dispute with Tennis Federation. Maybe it might have affected Mi-ra, too... But not released much.

More problem was the training procedure for Mi-ra and Yoon-jeong. They didn't mention about it,... but many people who knew about the AG representative team training had so many doubts about it. They had to withdraw from WTA event for the team training,.... and so much hard training just before Asian Games..... The result was Mi-ra had to retire in the 3rd set when she was leading over Wynne. She even couldn't walk cause she got cramped,... some people saw the scene,.... it was so terrible,... so they felt so sorry to see her... :sad:
In the next game, Yoon-jeong Cho got cramp in the 3rd set when she was leading 4-1 over Angie. She fought with injured leg,... and lost 5-7. Those are what happend. They had to take the hard training usually they don't do just before the big match. :( :mad: It just blowed Mi-ra's dream, I think.

Anyway,... some fans on her fanpage said that they saw Mi-ra cheering for their AG team-mate's double final match. And she really seemed happy for the Gold medal by Young-ja Choi and Mi-ok Kim. :D And after the match,... she gave her autograph to many of her fans and took some photos for her fans.

Good luck, Mi-ra!

Rising Sun
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:24 PM

Mi-Ra & Yoon-Jeong were supposed to play challengers after the Asian Games in Japan and Australia, but withdrew. :(

I guess it's Pattaya next for them... :rolleyes:

Eric_tennis
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:41 AM
Hi, danker. :wavey:

Mi-ra finally left a message on her fan page. She said she had great time with her family after Asian Games. She mentioned that she enjoyed mountain climbing with her parent and planted two persimmon trees in her backyard. It's good to hear she had a good rest in her hometown. :)

She mentioned she was feeling regret for her individual performance in Asian Games but still happy for her teammate's Gold medal in doubles.

She also mentioned her schedule briefly. She said she will play Pataya event in Tailand first,( you're right as usual, danker! ;) ) then domestic event in Cheju Island, then Australia & Tailand challenger events. She said that's all for this year.
And she again promised that she would try her best not to disappoint her fans.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:16 AM
She also mentioned her schedule briefly. She said she will play Pataya event in Tailand first,( you're right as usual, danker! ;) ) then domestic event in Cheju Island, then Australia & Tailand challenger events. She said that's all for this year.

Go, Mi-ra!
:bounce: I am a bit off with the current rankings / events.

Pattaya : main draw or Qualifyings :confused: ? I am most probably going over the week-end to see the qualifyings ;) .

le-plus-beau
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:05 AM
I LIKE HER A LOT!
I ALWAYS CHEER FOR HER AND I WISH HER A GOOD PERFORMANCE AT THOSE TOURS.

AND OF COURSE....THAT SHE ENTER TOP 100 IN 2003!!!!!

MI-RA YOU DESERVE THIS AND MORE!

adlysha babalu
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:07 AM
all the best mi-ra..heyy..do u guys have her recent pics??
maybe can post it over here...:)

Steveg
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:14 AM
You did not see the pics I took of Mi-Ra back in April at the $25K Hochiminh City Challenger :eek: ?

The pics are available in the photos section (there is one thread for the Hochiminh City Challenger :angel: ).

Eric_tennis
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:22 AM

I've got to go now. I'll check out some recent photos tomorrow.

Steveg: Hi, :wavey: I think she should play qualifying in Pattaya due to her ranking. Hope I'm wrong. ;)

Steveg
Oct 22nd, 2002, 12:57 PM
Steveg: Hi, :wavey: I think she should play qualifying in Pattaya due to her ranking. Hope I'm wrong. ;) Hello Eric :wavey: ,

I hope you are right and Mi-Ra will play the qualies :angel: .

Eric_tennis
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:23 AM

I hope you are right and Mi-Ra will play the qualies :angel: .

:o

Anyway, good luck Mi-ra no matter in qualies or main-draw.

Eric_tennis
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:26 AM
I found some photos of Mi-ra recently taken. Does anybody know how to make a Mi-ra dedicated photo thread in 'Players : G~J of Photo Galleries' here?

For the time being you can watch some of Mi-ra''s photo which was taken early this month using this URL.

http://www.tennis.co.kr/freeboard/detail.asp?serial=14989

:)

Steveg
Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:00 AM
Does anybody know how to make a Mi-ra dedicated photo thread in 'Players : G~J of Photo Galleries' here?
:) Thanks for the link Eric.

For the thread, you can simply ask WTA_Amanda :) . I am certain she will do it (just PM her ;) ).

Rising Sun
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the link, Eric! :wavey:

Both Yoon-Jeong and Mi-Ra are on the Updated commitments for $25K Dalby in Australia next week. :eek:

Maybe they're playing there because they'll miss out on the 1st Australian Challenger after Pattaya due to the Domestic Games. :confused:

Eric_tennis
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:01 AM

Mi-ra didn't post any message since then,.. so I have no idea about next week. But you maybe right. Mi-ra is currently injury free,...so she should play more when she can.
I don't want her to play domestic event after Pattaya,... but that's her team's decision not hers. That's kind of team event for tennis. (Actually, it's a kind of domestic Olympic Games including almost every sports )

I'm wondering WTA_Amanda would give me Mi-ra dedicated photo thread. You know,.. I'm not that active( or bold) member here. :o

Steveg
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:14 AM
[BHi, Steveg :wavey:

I'm wondering WTA_Amanda would give me Mi-ra dedicated photo thread. You know,.. I'm not that active( or bold) member here. :o [/B]Hello Eric :wavey: ,

don't worry :) ! Amanda always welcomes requests to add players photo thread :) . And you are active member already. You will be even more after posting several pics or Mi-Ra ;) .

adlysha babalu
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:28 PM
thanks mates for the recents picss! take so long to open to the page..:)
so mi-ra is playing a cha tourney is aus?

Rising Sun
Oct 26th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Hi Eric :wavey:

Do you know the exact dates of the Korean Games? :confused:
I remember Mi-Ra won the gold medal in 2000 beating Young-Ja Choi in the final, but didn't play last year for some reason.

I really hope she plays a few more tourneys next year as she has plenty to defend. They key is to gain as many points at the beginning of the year.

We'll know for sure on Monday night if Mi-Ra's in Queensland when the maindraws come out for Dalby. :cool:

Go Mi-Ra :bounce:

Steveg
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:08 PM
I really hope she plays a few more tourneys next year as she has plenty to defend. They key is to gain as many points at the beginning of the year.and try to play more tier III / tier IV events :) .

Eric_tennis
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Hi, all :wavey:

It's doubtful if Mi-ra will play Dalby challenger. :confused: Mi-ra didn't mention about it but Yoon-jeong Cho wrote on her fan page that she would go to Tailand this Friday which means she had withdrawn form the challenger. :(

Their team usually revolves around Cho,... so,... :( I heard that Cho had an surgery (on her chin or something) after the Asian Game so it might have been too early playing Dalby challenger for her.

Anyway,... Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Oct 28th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the news Eric :) . I expected something like this as it meant otherwise a long trip to Australia (and back to Thailand) only to play a $25K event... It is good that they focus on WTA events :) .

Steveg
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Hello again Eric :wavey: ,

I was browsing through the photos forum and just noticed that Mi-Ra had her own thread now :angel: .

You can therefore be even more active member and post plenty of her photos there :D (for my greatest pleasure should I add ;) ).

It is important to post photos because the admins delete empty threads after the while :eek: .

Eric_tennis
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Hi, Steveg :wavey: :bounce:

Thank you sooooo much for the photo forum thread. Wow,.... it's great. I knew we'll have a thread dedicated for Mi-ra if you ( or other active poster) ask one. ;)

I posted 3 photos for now,... and will post many more soon. Cause it requires under 180Kbyte,... but I don't have enough time for downsizing now. I have a meeting in 20 minutes at a restaurant 20 minutes drive away. :o I've got to go now.

Thanks again.

Steveg
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Hi, Steveg :wavey: :bounce:

I posted 3 photos for now,... and will post many more soon. Cause it requires under 180Kbyte,... but I don't have enough time for downsizing now. I have a meeting in 20 minutes at a restaurant 20 minutes drive away. :o I've got to go now.

Thanks again.
:D Thanks for starting so early to post photos Eric :D . Please keep it up. A few photos every day will be perfect ;) .

And have a good diner ;) . Is it with Mi-Ra :lick: ;) ?

Rising Sun
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the news Eric. :)

I wonder what was wrong with Cho's chin? :confused:

As for playing WTA events, I feel that it's more worth it to play in a maindraw $25K, 50K or 75K event rather than trying to qualify at a Tier III, IV or V event, unless you're confident on qualifying and doing really well in the maindraw.

In a Tier V event, you only get 4.5 points for qualifying, while you get 3.5 points for winning 1 match in a $25K event. 7 points for winning 1 match in a maindraw $75K event. :eek:

That's why we often see many players outside the Top 100 sticking to playing maindraw Challengers rather than trying to qualify for a WTA event. For mature players at this level, I guess points are more important than trying to get matches against higher ranked players.

Steveg
Oct 29th, 2002, 02:12 AM
Yes but Mi-Ra is a particular case : she is a late bloomer ;) . I hope she will give it a try this year :) .

Points aren't everything. The other problem with ITF tourneys is that there is not much money to make :sad: . There are better possibilities in WTA events. And since Mi-Ra does not have that many years ahead of her, she needs to give a try now that she are gained some confidence :) .

This year, Mi-Ra has played (as at Volvo Open included) :

2 Grand Slam
1 Tier I
1 Tier II
1 Tier III
1 Tier IV
1 Tier V
2 $75K
4 $50K
4 $25K

Total : 17 tournaments

She has some margin to increase the number of tournaments upto 21 - 22 per year.

Reminds me we had the same conversation on this subject with Wynne Prakusya :angel: (1.5 years ago already :eek: . Time is going sooo fast).

Eric_tennis
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the news Eric. :)

I wonder what was wrong with Cho's chin? :confused:

You're welcome. :D

I'm not that sure what the surgery is. But she mentioned it was done in dental clinic on her chin. Following are just my guessing. ;) I don't know the exact word in English ( poor vocabulary.. :o ), many people who has YJ's chin figure have operations for cosmetic reason or health reason for better digestion. And I heard that atheletes need to have that operation to gain more power at impact time or somethign. That's all I know.
Maybe we can find out what's been changed on her face if we can have new photo.

Eric_tennis
Oct 30th, 2002, 02:17 AM

You're right, point isn't everything. But money is not that important for Mi-ra. Maybe most Korean players are not that hungry enough. Cause they are playing under a team, so they get paid some salary and retirement program,..something like that. Only Eun-ha Kim was a individual player. (but she is looking for a team now. )

If a player is under a team,.. it can give some financial support, but it can limit her potential. For example, you cannot decide your own schedule, cause there's a team competition, and your team-mate's schedule. So, if you're not a prime player in the team, you should have less support and take your team-mate's schedule not yours. ( Mi-ra has been suffered in this respect. :sad: )
And most team doesn't encourage to enter foreign event. :(

And danker is right for the points, I think Mi-ra need to play more challengers until she can reach top 100 ranking which guarantee her direct GS maindraw.
But you're also right,... Mi-ra has not many more years, :sad: so she need to challenge for her career, in bigger events,... maybe next year would be a breakthough year for Mi-ra.

Anyway,.. I have no idea where Mi-ra is. Seoul or Australlia : :confused:

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Oct 30th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the news Eric. The thing is : it is difficult to enter the top 100 by playing only Challengers :) . Getting through the qualies of WTA tourneys is not always pleasant, but it is a necessary step to boost rankings. Angelique Widjaja just did it this year. Wynne Prakusya last year... :) .

I hope Mi-Ra is getting good money from her team btw :) .

Eric_tennis
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Hi, all.

Mi-ra left a message on her fan page finally. :D She was saying that she was using internet at a cyber cafe in the airport to go Tailand. Now it's obvious that she is not playing Dalby challenger.
I'm wondering what kind of penalty she should take... :confused:

And she left some sweet & nice words for her fans as always. :D

Steveg: They don't pay a lot. It's just a normal level salary cause tennis is not that popular in Korea. And I hope she will have some good result in Pattaya this time, it could boost her confidence for the WTA tour events.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the news Eric. I hope to see her this week-end at the qualies. If Su-Wei is not playing at the same time (or against her :eek: ), I will watch her match and support her :) .

Eric_tennis
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Do you know the exact dates of the Korean Games? :confused:
I remember Mi-Ra won the gold medal in 2000 beating Young-Ja Choi in the final, but didn't play last year for some reason.

Sorry for late reply. The excat dates are from 9th ~ 15th November. (No weekend final)
I'm not sure Mi-ra will play this, cause Yoon-jeong Cho mentioned she would be back in 3 weeks,.. so she wouldn't play. It means Mi-ra doesn't play either,.. cause it requires at least 2 players, but Mi-ra and YJ Cho is the only players in her team. ( Yoo-mi Jung wil join when she graduate high school next Feb. )

Eric_tennis
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Thanks in advance, Steveg! :D

I'm working on collecting Mi-ra's photos for photo gallery. I'm bearing my hunger. I'm starving now. ;) :angel:

tommyk75
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Hi, Eric. This is Tommy, and I want to thank you for answering my message. It was very cool of you. :)

Good luck on your tennis game, and I hope we get the chance to play in the future some time. I live in Mok-dong, and I'm planning to start playing for a tennis group that plays in Yeoinaru on the weekends.

Anyways, let's hope pro tennis becomes more and more popular here in Korea, and hopefully we'll get a WTA event here at Olympic Park before too long. That would be SO awesome. I mean, they just had a $1,500,000 golf tournament in Cheju Island, so why can't they have a Tier IV $100,000 tennis event?

Steveg
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks for these new photos Eric. These are outstanding ones :D . Did you shoot them :) ? If so, are you in the photo including team mates, coaches, supporters and friends ;) ?

Rising Sun
Oct 30th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the news, Eric. :wavey:

Both Mi-Ra and Yoon-Jeong will receive a hefty fine for not turning up. :eek: :sad: I don't understand why they forgot to withdraw, as they had for the 1st 2 legs. :confused:

Neither Yoon-Jeong nor Mi-Ra have entered the $25K event in Australia the week after Pattaya. Very strange. :confused: Kyung-Mi is also absent that week. However, they're all entered for the one after that.

-----
Sorry for being so annoying, but Challengers are the easiest way to get to the Top 100. Just look at the point difference in losing in the last rd of a Tier III qualifying event, compared to losing in the QF of a $75K event (Both winning 2 matches). :eek:

I re-state that WTA events are only a huge boost in ranking points if you qualify and do well in the maindraw. :p

Eric_tennis
Oct 31st, 2002, 01:33 AM

I wouldn't be available for the next several days, cause I'll be on holiday from tomorrow and going to China for the 1st time. I've been to over 20 countries,... but never been to Mainland China before. :eek: And I heard that the internet utility is not that good there,.. so I'm afraid of not being able to cheer Mi-ra playing in Pattaya. :(

danker : They didn't enter any event right after Pattaya? Strange.. Is there another challenger in US? :confused:
YJ Cho mentioned she would stay in foreign country for 3 weeks,... so I thought they decided not to enter domestic event.
And it's not annoying at all. (at least to me) ;) I think this is very important period for Mi-ra's career. Hopefully she and her coach make good decision on that matter.

Steveg : No, I didn't take any of those photos. :o I wish I had, though. Actually, I was there, but just cheered for Mi-ra at the stand. :angel: You can see many people around her including her coach, Il-soon Kim, her head coach, and some junior players and supporters,... and her lone teammate YJ Cho as well,...but didn't look that happy. :angel: ;)

tommyk75 : Hi, Tommy. It's nice to hear that you found some tennis group to play with. Hopefully we can play someday.
Regarding pro-tennis event,.... most sponsors are rich enough to establish even Tier I or II. ( reminding Korean sponsors are doing that for Aussie open or other events.) Problem is that tennis is very popular for playing by themselves but they don't seem to enjoy some matches by low-ranked players match.
For women's golf, Korea has many top 10 golfers such as Se-ri Park, MH Kim ,.... etc. If Mi-ra can make top 50,... maybe we can have a WTA tournament finally. :D

Steveg
Oct 31st, 2002, 02:44 AM
Sorry for being so annoying, but Challengers are the easiest way to get to the Top 100. Just look at the point difference in losing in the last rd of a Tier III qualifying event, compared to losing in the QF of a $75K event (Both winning 2 matches). :eek:

I re-state that WTA events are only a huge boost in ranking points if you qualify and do well in the maindraw. :p It's alright :) . Always a pleasure to have such interesting chats.

You are certainly right in terms of points, on paper. But I would feel extremely sorry for a players close to the #100 spot, if she would feel she can't make it in a WTA tourney beyond the qualies :sad: .

This is certainly why the current stats of players ranked between the #100 and #111 spots are so clear (I removed Nadia Petrova, currently ranked #110, who is a specific case that would be in favour of what I am saying :p) :

- Average number of tournaments : 23
Split as follows :
- Average number of WTA tournaments : 16
- Average number of ITF tournaments : 7

For the ITF tournaments, the split is the following :
- $75K : 1
- $50K : 4
- $25K : 2
- $10K : 0

I could have also taken the stats of the players between the #90 and the #110 spots (including therefore players who are just within the top 100 at the end of the season) and the stats would have been more revealing.

As for the current stats, they include :

- PRUSOVA Libuse (104 CZE), who was ranked 624 at the begining of the season and had to start by playing qualies at $10K events.
- KURHAJCOVA Lubomira (108 - SVK), who has played 30 tournaments this year :eek:, including 19 ITF, to move from #202 at the beginning of the season to #187 early March, #143 early June and #134 early September.

So I continue to hope that Mi-Ra, given her ranking, will increase her participation in WTA events and that she believes she can make it beyond the qualifying rounds :) .

And for Eric, enjoy your holidays there :wavey: .

Steveg
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:04 AM
And as Eric posted, club packages for Korean players are ok but not that great. So I assume that Mi-Ra will be looking to still getting advantages from being a full Sanex WTA tour member (Mi-Ra has had so far this year, as at 28.10.2002 $35,923 of prize money. She is therefore already entitled to full membership :) ).

2. Membership Qualifications 2003
New Requirement for 2003: The criteria for Full and Associate
membership will change for 2003

A Full Member must earn a minimum of $35,000 as her primary source of income derived from participation in Sanex WTA Tour professional womens tennis Tournaments with prize money of $110,000 or higher, inclusive of Grand Slam events. ITF Circuit Events will no longer be included in the calculation of prize money earned to meet the minimum requirement.

An Associate Member must earn a minimum of $500 as her primary source of income derived from participation in Sanex WTA Tour professional womens tennis Tournaments with prize money of $110,000 or higher, inclusive of Grand Slam events. ITF Circuit Events will no longer be included in the calculation of prize money earned to meet the minimum requirement.
Mi-Ra will certainly want to retain her insurance as part of the membership benefit package (70% discount for full members). She may want also to continue to participate in the WTA pension fund package (available only to full members).

Here are summarised full and associate members benefits :

Full Member Benefits:
o Full voting privileges at all meetings.
o The right to vote for Players Council members.
o Opportunity to serve on the Players Council and the Players
Committee.
o Eligible to participate in the Womens Tennis Benefit Association Player Pension Plan.
o Worldwide Medical, Dental, Vision and/or Disability Insurance (optional) at 70% discount. Additional insurance coverage for Spouse/Dependent(s) are optional.
o Complimentary Sanex WTA Tour Player Guide and Rule Book
o Complimentary on-site Sanex WTA Tour gifts.
o Receipt of Tournament information and the Tour News via email.
o Access to Players Extranet on the Sanex WTA Tour official website.
o Sanex WTA Tour Membership Photo Identification card that grants player on-site access at all Sanex WTA Tour Tournaments.
o Sanex WTA Tour Administrative fee of $150 is waived at all Tour Tournaments and Grand Slams.
o Free Physicals.
o Year-End Prize Money Summary.

Associate Member Benefits:
o Opportunity to serve on Players Committee.
o Worldwide Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for Player,
Spouse and/or Dependent(s) are all optional.
o Complimentary Sanex WTA Tour Player Guide and Rule Book.
o Receipt of Tournament information and Tour News via e-mail.
o Year-End Prize Money Summary.
o Access to the Players Extranet on the Sanex WTA Tour official website.
o Sanex WTA Tour Membership Photo Identification Card that grants player on-site access at all Sanex WTA Tour Tournaments.
o Sanex WTA Tour Administrative fee of $ 150 is waived at all
Tour Tournaments and Grand Slams.
o Free physicals.

Rising Sun
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the stats and info, Stephane. ;)

Eric, Mi-Ra and Yoon-Jeong didn't enter any event the week after Pattaya which leads me to think that they entered incorrectly and maybe that's why their names were still listed for Dalby this week. It's possible they entered the wrong tourney somehow and got mixed up. :o :(
It would be sad if they got there and realise they never entered in the 1st place. :sad:

BTW, is that Seul-Ki Chin in the photograph? :confused:

Also, have a good time in China! :wavey:

Steveg
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by tommyk75
Anyways, let's hope pro tennis becomes more and more popular here in Korea, and hopefully we'll get a WTA event here at Olympic Park before too long. That would be SO awesome. I mean, they just had a $1,500,000 golf tournament in Cheju Island, so why can't they have a Tier IV $100,000 tennis event? Tommy,

are there sports management companies well established in the tennis sector in Korea?

or

Are the international sports management companies present in Korea? And most importantly are they active in tennis?

I believe this is a must to see the development of a WTA event.

And is the tennis Federation strong and well structured? How many members does it include? This is very important for the long-term development of tennis.

I would be interested to know as I have no information at all about tennis development in Korea :) .

Steveg
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:05 AM
Eric, Mi-Ra and Yoon-Jeong didn't enter any event the week after Pattaya which leads me to think that they entered incorrectly and maybe that's why their names were still listed for Dalby this week.I talked today to Yoon-Jeong and their coach. They thought they had entered the two Challengers in Australia after Pattaya.

They will recheck their entries :rolleyes: .

As for Dalby, it was an error :rolleyes: .

Rising Sun
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:37 AM
Thanks for checking with them, Stephane. :)

Yep, neither Mi-Ra nor Yoon-Jeong are on the list for next week. I really hope they can sort out this problem within this week. Most likely they'll have to play qualies next week. :sad:

Steveg
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:56 AM
It was actually a misunderstanding : both have decided to skip the ITF tourney right after Pattaya (they certainly expect to play the final one against another :p ). They have however signed in for the two Australian ITF that follow.

So they are going to Australia for two ITF tourneys.

tommyk75
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Steveg, I'm not really sure about the sports business situation here in Korea. I do remember reading an article in a tennis magazine (maybe Tennis Week), and it was about agents and this big agent talked about how there was so much to be done in Asia and he had a dinner meeting scheduled with Hyung-Taik Lee and a Korean official of some kind. Anyways, sports are generally going quite well; the World Cup was a big success, so many people are crazy about golf, and the numerous tennis courts are usually quite full on the weekends. And the economy actually seems quite good these days, with companies like Samsung doing really well.

As of now, I think tennis as a spectator sport hasn't quite come into the big-time yet, but I think it has a lot of potential especially considering Hyung-Taik's recent success. The other player who's in the papers quite a bit is, here's a shocker, Anna Kournikova. Martina Hingis is in the papers sometimes too.

There WAS an ATP tournament in Seoul for a few years, and I remember reading Andre Agassi saying that it was a very well-run tournament. But then, I'm not sure why the event was stopped.

As for the Korean tennis federation, Hyung-Taik is apparently not happy with them at all for some reason, as Eric has mentioned. :)

Steveg
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the info Tommy :) . There is certainly a lot to do in Asia with sports managements :) .

To come back to Mi-Ra, I watched her Q2 match in Pattaya and videotaped it. I am currently checking with the Admins if it is worth posting some videos (I videotaped 2 / 3 matches) because if seems the previous videos from Tashkent did not have much success.

Mi-Ra won her first match easily, but she needs to improve a few parts of her game :

- high balls : she is still having problems with them :) . She takes the balls when they go down instead of cutting the trajectory. She should work on that.
- physical condition : it was certainly hot in Pattaya this week-end, but Mi-Ra was the most affected players I have seen during these qualifyings. She needed to catch her breath on many occasions and took a time-out to recover during the match. I was extremely afraid she would not be able to finish the match, though she eventually won easily. The score and the points were however tighter than it looks.

Other than that, her forehand is still great :) and she runs down the balls well.

She showed however frustration on many occasions during the match and her training sessions, which is something I had not noticed during her performance in Hochiminh City earlier this year.

Eric_tennis
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Hi, all. :wavey:

I'm back. It's too bad Mi-ra lost in the quali and lost LL spot as well. :( Hopefully, it could be another motivation for her.

Playing doubles would help her to developing net attacking game which could be a good combination with her good serve and height.

Good luck in doubles!
Go, Mi-ra!

Eric_tennis
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:04 AM
I talked today to Yoon-Jeong and their coach. .

:eek:
Did you talk to YJ Cho and her coach? Wow,... I didn't know that they can speak English. ;)
Was her coach Il-soon Kim? or another guy?

Steveg
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:08 AM
I hope you had some good holidays Eric :) .

I watch again Mi-Ra first qualifying match yesterday : she was struggling with her serve. She seemed to have problems with her toss (sometimes very far on the right, other times not enough ahead of her).

She had decided also not to go full speed, for some reason I ignore :confused: .

As for the volley, she did not hit a single volley during the whole match :eek: . I remember from her matches in Hochiminh City she did not seem very confident at the net :confused: .

It is therefore good that she practices doubles :D . This will help her to add some weapons to her game :) .

I hope she will have good results in singles at the coming Australian events. I forgot to ask her or her coach if she would play again in Thailand at the Queen's Cup later this year :( .

Steveg
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:13 AM
:eek:
Did you talk to YJ Cho and her coach? Wow,... I didn't know that they can speak English. ;)
Was her coach Il-soon Kim? or another guy? The coach was a woman who is fluent in English. Did not ask her name. I assume she is a former professional Korean tennis player because she was playing tennis extremely well. Difficult to give her an age. Maybe late 20's - early 30's :confused: . She looked a bit like a man (+ she had short hair).

As for YJ Cho, she did not speak much but she seems to understand more than she speaks ;) .

Great coach btw. Don't know who she was but very open and approachable :D .

I hope to see her again someday.

Steveg
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:14 AM
BTW Eric, I remember you saying that Mi-Ra did not speak much English. Well, I don't know how it is possible but her English has improved a lot since Hochiminh City tourney :eek: . Either she was hiding her English talents in Hochiminh City or she has taken loads of English lessons lately ;) .

Eric_tennis
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the details and updates, Steveg. :wavey:

Unfortunately, Mi-ra lost in doubles, too. :sad: And no commitment next week,... it could be frustrating for her. :(

Regarding her coach,... I heard that former female tennis player, Il-soon Kim is in charge of that for YJ Cho and Mi-ra. And Sung-hee Park for junior teammate Yoo-mi Jung. You can see Kim in the picture I posted in the photo gallery,.. she was standing next to Mi-ra. ( Mi-ra's right side,... with a cap ) According to your description,... I think it's IS Kim .... from short hair and looking a bit like a man. ;) :o
As far as I know,.. she was a diligent and powerful base liner,.. but I don't think she has much diversity or creativity in her game,... so hopefully, Mi-ra would get a decent coach who can bring some motivation and more diversity to her.

As for English skill, I know Mi-ra and YJ Cho is studying English. It's nice to know Mi-ra has been studying hard. :)

And my holiday in China was not so bad. :angel: Especially "The forbidden city" and nearby parks are nice to look around. But air pollution in Beijing and yellow sand wind in the "Great Wall" area was terrible. :( Anyway I've used up all the hollidays I have this year. :sad: ;) I need to look forward to next year.

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the details Eric. And good to hear you had a good time in China.

As far as the coach is concerned, I'll have a look at the photo :) .

I watched the training sessions between Y.J. Cho and Mi-Ra. At some stage, Mi-Ra had some difficulties to hit some shots (high mid-court forehands). I S Kim immediately took over Cho and had Mi-Ra practice this kind of shot during the session. Never upset, always encouraging Mi-Ra.

The three of them had good time during the trainings and Kim seemed to me to be the right person to motivate them :) .

Mi-Ra needs to work on her serve. I was amazed how she moves her feet (both :eek: ) when she serves. They are going absolutely everywhere.

If I have time this week, I'll post in this thread pictures of Mi-Ra :

- serve
- forehand
- backhand

4-5 picture per shot so that you can see what I mean :) .

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Just watched the pic. I believe that's the one :) .

Eric_tennis
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:40 AM
4-5 picture per shot so that you can see what I mean :) .

All right, I'll look forward to seeing the pictures. ;)

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Backhand-05

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Backhand-07

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Backhand-09

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Backhand-11

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Backhand-13

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Backhand-15

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Backhand-17

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Backhand-19

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Backhand-21

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Backhand-23

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Backhand-25

Steveg
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:48 PM
That's 11 pics for one shot :eek: .

kournikovafan13
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:10 AM
good shot Mi-Ra ;) :D :o

thanx steve

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by kournikovafan13
good shot Mi-Ra ;) :D :o

thanx steve The ball was out :o .

Eric_tennis
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the pics, Steveg. :wavey:

Definitely, backhand is not Mi-ra's weapon. :( I don't know why she doesn't move closer to the ball even though she has long reach. And from her finishing, she might hit the ball flat without any topspin so it could have flied further (resulting out). I guess she controls depth of her backhand shot using impact power without any top spin. So it could fly low and may slide after bounding,.... but wouldn't be a big shot. But she goes for her most shot to corners so that strategy can compensate some, though.

And I still believe Mi-ra need a new decent coach who can bring some diversity on her game. (I think IS Kim is also decent one but not appropriate for Mi-ra.) She has a good height, good movement and serve (when it works ;) ),.... so she would have more potential if she adapt some all court game rather than sticking to baseline rallies.

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:52 AM
For her backhand, it seems in general that Mi-Ra is not using her left hand to give acceleration to the racquet.

She practiced this a lot with IS Kim ;) (actually hitting forehand with her left arm to feel the importance of the left arm in the two-handed backhand).

Mi-Ra hits in the corner, but I noticed that around 95% of her forehands are inside-out. If she had played someone who had analysed her game, she would have been into troubles from game one :sad: .

I do hope that she will bring more diversity to her game so that she becomes less predictable :) .

That was not the worst backhand she hit btw. For the forehand, I'll post a good one ;) .

Only the serve I'll attach is :eek: .

kournikovafan13
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:00 AM
The ball was out :o .

oh :o looks like a winner to me

Good observations guys :wavey: I also noticed that Mi-ra is hitting her backhand with her right hand guiding the shot, when really she should use her left hand a bit more. Plus she is standing quite far away from the ball :eek:

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Here comes the forehand :

Forehand 01

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Forehand 02

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Forehand 03

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Forehand 04

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Forehand 05

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Forehand 06

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Forehand 07

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Forehand 08

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Forehand 09

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Forehand 10

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Forehand 11

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Forehand 12

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Forehand 13

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Forehand 14

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Forehand 15

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Forehand 16

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Forehand 17

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Forehand 18

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Forehand 19

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Forehand 20

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Forehand 21

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Forehand 22

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Forehand 23

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Forehand 24

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Forehand 25

Steveg
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Done :D . Next time : the :eek: serve ;) .

Eric_tennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Good job! :D Thanks again, for the forehand pics. :wavey:

Mi-ra's forehand swing is not that different from backhand's,... flat and almost horizontal swing. It would be more efficient if she takes the ball earlier. She needs to step forward to the ball,... not being staying far beyond baseline. :( But it can be changed in a day,... but she has very good touch at impact .... so hopefully she can develop more aggressive shot in the near future.

If I had seen some frames between #19 and #20, I could have said more. ;)

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:41 AM
I am sorry Eric. There are no frames between #19 and #20. I would have liked too to have some as it is a crucial moment :) . I ran however the video frame by frame.

I guess that Mi-Ra arm acceleration is particularly important and explains this difference between the 2 frames :angel: .

I also do not understand why she takes the ball a bit late (after the peak of the ball). But this could actually help her in case she starts playing more regularly on clay where it is difficult to predict the bounce of the ball :) .

Eric_tennis
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:55 AM
I guess that Mi-Ra arm acceleration is particularly important and explains this difference between the 2 frames :angel: .

Good explanation! ;)

le-plus-beau
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:22 AM
WHAT WILL BE HER NEXT SCHEDULE?

le-plus-beau
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:24 AM
I'm sure she''ll break top 100 next year!

she has everything for it!!!

I think she should try to qualify to small tourneys in AUS AND NZ., FIRST.

Eric_tennis
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by le-plus-beau
WHAT WILL BE HER NEXT SCHEDULE?

She said she would play a couple of Aussie challengers and then a challenger in Tailand for this remaining year. That's all I know for now.

Steveg
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:06 AM
She said she would play a couple of Aussie challengers and then a challenger in Tailand for this remaining year.Thanks for the news Eric. So she has confirmed she will go to Nonthaburi (THA) :) . I hope she'll get some more points there before the next season. I'll be in Hong Kong + Hanoi at the same time, so I can't go :( .

Rising Sun
Nov 20th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Mi-Ra withdrew from Nonthaburi... on the same day as Yoon-Jeong. :fiery:

It's obvious why she withdrew - because Yoon-Jeong did. :rolleyes:

She'd better do well the next 2 weeks in Aus.

Eric_tennis
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the news, danker. :-)

Anyway,.. another bad news for Mi-ra! I havd no word other than "SAD".
Their team always revolves around YJ Cho. :-(
I'm wondering it could be worse and worse next year. Cause Mi-ra has reach near #100,... so they would give the same schedule to Mi-ra for their convenience. So they commit same events and Cho gets MD entry or Quali entry then Mi-ra gets Qauli entry or waiting list. Wait and rest,.. and so on. :-(

Mi-ra lost her chance to turn around this sick situation in Asian Games this year in sigles and doubles and team competition respectively. If she had teamed up with Mi-ok Kim in doubles, she could have won the Gold medal and earned some credit in her own country.

YJ Cho mentioned her condition is not good so she might withdraw from next week event. Hopefully she doesn't for Mi-ra's sake.

danker, I saw YJ Cho on USTA challenger commitment list (75K, clay court). Did she withdraw from it, too?

kournikovafan13
Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:43 AM
Mi-ra is playing in the 25k Challenger in Nurioopta this week. She's seeded fourth and is into the quarters :D she beat Gradin in the second round who has been in great form lately.

Keep it up Mi-ra :)

Eric_tennis
Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the updates, :D

I've been a lit lazy. :o

Anyway, Mi-ra reached semi-final and will play Alicia Molik to advance final today.

Go, Mi-ra!

Rising Sun
Nov 23rd, 2002, 04:58 PM
I really hope Mi-Ra can meet her teammate in the final and win the tournament. ;)

I saw both players in the Auckland list. I would have preferred both to play Gold Coast instead. I say this because Gold Coast would have provided more whilst the depth is not much different from one another. But I'm sure they didn't expect that at the time of entry, so we can only look forward now. :)

Steveg
Nov 23rd, 2002, 05:54 PM
Yoon-Jeong is in the commitments list of the Gold Coast (MDO) also. Maybe the both will be separated for their first tourney of the year.

Eric_tennis
Nov 25th, 2002, 01:36 AM
Good morning, dander & SteveG! :wavey:

We'll see what happens early next year. Hopefully, next year will be Mi-ra's. :D

Eric_tennis
Nov 29th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Hi, all. :wavey:

As you may know, Mi-ra lost today in an Aussie Challenger. I'm diappointed with the result,... but I wouldn't expect her to win every match. ;) :o
It's been a long year for her. Some good and some bad....

Hope she enjoy her vacation now. She'll be back home soon, so she'll leave a message on her fan page then.

Tonight I uploaded several pictures in the Mi-ra's photo gallery in this site,.... so check them out! I'm wondering I disturbed her privacy. :angel: ;)

You can see how she looked when she was young,.. and her parents as well in her graduation ceremony. This time I didn't uploaded the picture of hers with BIKINI. :p If you guys really want me to do so,... I'll do as you wish. ;)

Go, Mi-ra!

Steveg
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks for these additional photos Eric :) . I am looking forward their approval so we can see them.

As for photos of Mi-Ra in bikini : we appreciate Mi-Ra for her... tennis ;) (besides, the photos would certainly be censored :p ).

I hope she will post a message soon with her next year schedule.

Rising Sun
Nov 29th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the photos, Eric! :wavey:

If the bikini photo was of when she was still a child, I've already seen it. :p

Anyway, I think she looks best in her tennis gear. ;)

However, congrats to her for 2002! :D

Eric_tennis
Nov 30th, 2002, 05:00 AM

It's still 'Pending Approval',.. :(

Eric_tennis
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:51 PM

I've been looking forward to seeing Mi-ra's message,... but NO message from Mi-ra. :( It's kind of typical,... when she is not having some good result,.. Mi-ra doesn't leave any message on her fan page. Maybe she was humiliated by the result in Aussie challengers,.... where she lost to players who were beaten by YJ Cho. (I mean Alicia Molik & Fedak ) But I'm sure she visits the site often and reads a lot. ;)

According to what YJ Cho said, Mi-ra is having one-week vacation at her home town with her parents. ;) So YJ Cho is doing physical training alone cause she has no hitting partner besides Mi-ra. :eek: It was informally announced that their team dumped Yoo-mi Jung who was supposed to join the team after her graduation from high school this comming Feb. and had already shared an apartment with them. :eek: Cause she lost to So-jung Kim in a row and not regarded top junior player now,... So-jung Kim is considered a most promising junior player in Korea. Due to the shock, Jung has withdrawn from all events nowadays. Poor girl.

Anyway, Go, Mi-ra!!!
Take your confidence back!

Steveg
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:52 AM
:wavey: I am available to hit balls with Yoon-Jeong if she wants ;) .

And thanks for the info Eric :) . Any news about Yoon-Jeong knee injury?

Rising Sun
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the news, Eric. :wavey:

I'm absolutely shocked and disappointed for Yoo-Mi. :sad:
Although 2002 was disappointing, I was impressed with her results in 2001. I feel very sorry for her... :sad:
I wonder what will happen to her now? She'll probably have to find another team, which will most likely restrict her to play only domestic tourneys. :(

BTW, do So-Jung & Da-Jung belong to Hansol? :confused:

Rising Sun
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Sorry, another thing, who else belongs to Samsung Securities? Is it Seul-Ki Chin? :confused:

Eric_tennis
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:15 AM

Sorry for late reply. I had a long day yesterday,.... it was demanding schedule. :(

Good morning, Steveg. :wavey:
No more mention about the knee injury from YJ Cho. So I guess, it was a kind of minor one. She just mentioned how she enjoyed her one-week holiday and her training stuff a little bit.
Are you available for YJ Cho as a hitting partner? You should have good stamina for that job, cause she didn't have any rest during the training session with a boy player when I saw that last summer. ;)
For me,... nowadays I'm kind of busy,... so I'm only available for Mi-ra,... or Martina! :hearts:

Eric_tennis
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:38 AM
Good morning, danker~ :wavey:

Sorry for late reply.
Regarding Yoo-Mi, I heard that she is having a negotiation with another team,... and it's almost finalized. The team is Nong-Hyup, and their player is Young-ja Choi & Eun-sook Kim who are playing in Tailand challer this week. ( as for Young-ja, I saw your posting in other thread about her retirement. As far as I know she said she would do semi-retirement before AG, reducing her playing schedule and working as a coatch for her team. Half-player, half-coach stuff. After the doubles Gold medal in AG, she might have changed her plan. But not for sure. )

So-jung and Da-jung are belong to the same high school, but not same company, Hansol. Actually, they had same management until last year,.. then So-jung's parents wanted to join to Mi-ra's team,.. and the former management was against that,... (there was a dispute,... but I don't want to say more on the public ) so So-jung is considering Hansol as an alternative to that.
As for my personal opinion, I wish So-jung could join Mi-ra's team where she can have most support and the best training parters.
Hopefully, everything settle down soon, so she can focus on tennis again.

As for Seul-Ki Chin,.. she is training under a junior academy,SMI, along with Yoo-mi and many more, which has a very close ( ;) ) relationship with the team. But she's not belong to that team. But they have some training sessions with YJ and Mi-ra's team.

It's not that easy to be chosen for the team for junior players,... I think the team's major interest was only So-jung Kim who is considered having the most potential among Korean juniors.

I'm leaving for ski resort this afternoon. So, I may not be able to respond your question for the next couple of days.

Have a good day~~ :D

PS : Mi-ra still doesn't leave a message on her fan site. Hopefully, it's a good motivation for her.
Go, Mi-ra!

Rising Sun
Dec 8th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the reply and information, Eric. :wavey:

I really hope Yoo-Mi will benefit from Nong-Hyup. :)
I wonder if she'll turn professional or stay an amateur? :confused:

Anyway, I wish her best of luck. :)

Enjoy your skip trip, btw! :wavey:

Steveg
Dec 8th, 2002, 05:44 PM
I think that Mi-Ra left a message on her forum on December 8th. Here's the message :

̾?

ٵ ̾?
ȣ ް ޾Ƽ_ ִ̿...
_Ϻ ؿ...
12 23Ͽ ٽ ȣַ ...
帮 ᱹ ׿...
Ʊ øȰ ߴµ 󱸿...
бķ ° پ ̶ 󱸿....
׷ ٲ_ ...
÷ ̶ ʹ ƿ....
ʹ ϰŵ.....
ص ū λ ĥ ־_ ̱...
⿡ ذ⸸ ھ....
µ ö ֳ׿.....
׻ ī信 .....
ڽŰ Ҿ ö ܷοﶧ ۵ _ ްŵ....
⿡ _ Ҽ ֵ ֽñ Ѻּ...
ϸ_ ̸ ϲ....^^*

̶

Could someone translate please :) :wavey: ?

Eric_tennis
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:33 AM

You're right. Mi-ra left a message during my holidays at last. ;)

I'll try to translate that,... but I'm not that comfortable with translating stuff due to poor English. :(

####### Mi-ra's Message ###############

Hello, all. ( polite tone )

How are you all doing? ( polite, again ) I'm having holidays after Aussie events, and I'll start training this Tuesday. And I'm leaving for New Zealand & Australlia for competition on 23rd December.
It was cloudy yesterday, and finally it's raining then snowing.
When I was running at the Olympic Park, I met rain. It's been long time since I had had running session with rain in my school days,... so it reminds me of old days.

Now, the rain has been changed to snow. I feel very good to see snow for the first time this year. Cause I really like rain & snow.
During this season, it's been very fortunate not to have big injuries. And I hope next year to be just as healthy as this year.

I couldn't leave a message for a while but I see many messages. Whenever I visit this cyber cafe, I feel big support. Reading messages on this board really brings me much consolation when I lost confidence or feel sick or feel lonely.

Please continue to support & look after me for the next year as well. I'm ending my message sending you gratitude for all your favors.... ^^*

#############################

I feel somewhat humiliation after seeing my translation. :o I should have studied English harder when I lived in Canada & Europe. :(
But I guess I need to get used to this kind of stuff for Mi-ra's sake. :p ;)

Good luck, Mi-ra!

Eric_tennis
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:44 AM
I really hope Yoo-Mi will benefit from Nong-Hyup. :)
Enjoy your skip trip, btw! :wavey:

I'm not sure she will get some benefit from the team,... as you know,.. their team is forcusing on domestic events, but hopefully it changes.

For ski trip,... I didn't enjoyed it that much. Skiing had been kind of extreme sports for me. I used to go the hardest slope I could find and enjoyed the speed and thrill. But not anymore. I found that I've changed this time,... It's was kind of gloomy weekend. :sad: Maybe I got used to playing safer sports more,.. I mean tennis. ;)

Good day~~ :D