PDA

View Full Version : Savransky 2005

Shonami Slam
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Current Singles 228
Current Doubles 228
Career High Singles No. 222(September 19, 2005)
Career High Doubles No. 227 (September 12, 2005)

Year highlights:
Singles -Winner of 25K Durmersheim,Germany SF in 25K Redding U.S.A , 25K Monte de Marsan France, 25K Torun, Poland
Doubles - Won 25K Torun, Poland. Won 25K Les Contemines, France. Finalist 25K Moscow, Russia

since the beggining of the year:

$25,000 Belfort
savransky beat Katerina Jr. BOHMOVA(CZE) 7-5 RET<--- new career best win
lost to Michelle GERARDS (NED) 4-6 3-6

$75,000 Ortisei Qualifying
savransky beat Alberta BRIANTI (ITA) 6-3 4-6 6-3
Lost to Rita KUTI KIS (HUN) 1-6 6-3 3-6

$25,000 Capriolo qualifying
beat PIOPPO Elena (ITA) 2-6 6-2 6-2
beat MARTINOVIC Sandra (BIH) 6-3 6-0
Main draw 1st round
lost to JUGIC-SALKIC Mervana (BIH) the sixth seed 3-6 6-3 6-4

$25,000 Redding Quailfying
beat UHLIROVA Vladimira 6-3 6-2
beat (4) WEBLEY-SMITH Emily GBR 76 (5) 63
main draw 1st round
beat (Q) AFINOGENOVA Ekaterina RUS 61 64
2nd beat (1) Fujiwara 76[4] 63 <-------- new career best win
QF beat NOONI Hanna SWE 67 (6) 61 60
SF lost to Safarova 63 62

$75,000 Cagnes-Sur-Mer Qualifying
beat RIZZI, Stephanie (ITA) 6-1 7-5
beat (WC) Segolene Berger (FRA) 7-6(4) 6-3
lost to FEDOSSOVA, youlia (FRA) 6-0 6-1

$170,000 strasbourg Qualifying
lost to lilia ostreloh 2-6 6-4 1-6

$25,000 Perigueux Maindraw
lost to Lenka TVAROSKOVA (SVK) 2-6 1-6

$25,000 Mont de Marsan Maindraw
beat Antonia MATIC (GER) 7-5 6-3
beat LAURENDON Anais (FRA) 6-4 6-2
QF beat ANDRIEUX, Mailyne (FRA) 6-1 6-7 6-3
SF lost to (4) Mathilde Johannson (FRA) 1-6 7-5 5-7

$25K Torun,Poland Maindraw
beat JIMENEZ-ALMENDROS Lucia (ESP) 6-2 6-1
beat (2) Mathilde Johannson (FRA) 6-0 6-2
QF beat Russegger, Petra (AUT) 7-5 5-7 6-4
SF lost to Sakowitz, Joanna (POL) 4-6 6-2 4-6

$25K Les Contemines Maindraw
beat OSTROVSKAYA, Nadejda (BLR) 2-6 6-4 6-3
beat BEJLKOVA, Janette (CZE) 6-3 6-0
QF lost to COIN, Julee 6-2 6-4

$25K Moscow,Russia Maindraw
Beat Oksana Teplyakova (UKR) 46 60 62
lost to Karin Knapp (ITA) 6-4 6-2

$25K Balashika, Russia Maindraw
beat Anastasia Pivovarova (RUS) 6-1 3-1 Ret.
beat Anna Bastrikova (RUS) 76(6) 26 63
QF lost to Rodina 26 64 63

$25K Durmersheim, Germany Maindraw
beat (wc)Sarina Mueller (GER) 63 61
beat (wc)Kristina Antoniychuk (UKR) 67(6) 64 76(4)
QF beat Celine Catteneo 6-2 6-0
SF beat Ekaterina Dzehalevich (BLR) 75 61
F beat (7)Adriana Barna (GER) 26 75 61
<---Career first 25K title!

Louxembourg
Lost to Kathrin Woerle (GER) 1-6 1-3

$75K Barcelona, Spain Maindraw
beat Ivana Abramovic 2-6 6-4 6-1
lost to Ludmila Cervanova 1-6 3-6
$50K Joue-Les-Tours,France
Beat Lioudmila Skavronskaia (RUS) 7-6 (13) RET.
VS Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (FRA)

win/loss record - 29/14
doubles win/loss 14/9
blue marks higher ranked opponent.

Oleh
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Savra..who? lol, wow I hadnt ever really paid much attention to her and didnt realize how well she has actually done for herself...but how far do you think she can realisticaly make it? How old is she?

Shonami Slam
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:31 PM
savransky web-info
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/players/player.asp?player=20014322
http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerBio.asp?ID=&EntityID=1&CustomerID=0&OrderID=0&ReturnURL=&PlayerID=190887

and to answer your question - she was born in 20/02/1984 meaning that she is soon the have her 21st birthday.
her 2005 campaign in the meatime compiles a 4-3 win/loss.
better than anna :tape:

i don't think she's playing next week, probably due to her birthday - but i'm hoping she might enter the top 300 this year, somehow.
that would make us the second group of fans after her family and friend :lol:
her carreer win loss record is not that bad - W/L 176-103
also, and this is good stuff - her win this season against BOHMOVA, KATERINA CZE 7-5 ret. is her career best win.
so results already...
i really think she might be headed to a career high soon. she just needs to really play every week for two months or so, and it'll come.

Oleh
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Well she sounds up-and-comming then so we should all definately support her now so we can say "Told y'all so!" to any unbelievers!;):D:p

Better than Anna! :eek:..well she certainly has shown so far how fast she can accelerate and the army does account for quite a bit. Hopefully this year will be exiting and if she makes a few good breaks we could see her hot on the heels of Shahars current ranking perhaps!..I guess the next two years (max)-But I think this year may be enough personaly, will show if she is to be by sounds of things:)

Perhaps her family helps her out finacialy? I dont know about sports funding in Israel, but can imagine from all the beaurocracy (AHHH) of Aliyah (AHHHHHHH!) that if it were available it would be very difficult indeed!!

Shonami Slam
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:22 AM
yay! savransky commits to Orange 50K next week.
she's still only in the alternate lists at 32, but a couple of players ahead of her recieved MDwc and Qwc, so she's actually 29th.
with lot's of top 150 players that might be playingin miami or the qualies there, i think this should be at least qualifying for yevgenia.

good luck! i'll update her scores.
---------------------------------------------------------------
well, the only thing i forgot, was that IW is a two week tourny, and that many players don't need to qualify there, since thier place is assured, as well as players that prefer the 50K to quallies.
sadly, savransky not even into the qualification. let's hope she competes soon enough.

Shonami Slam
Mar 21st, 2005, 01:01 PM
and soon enough it is!
this week in california - 25K redding
19 SAVRANSKY, Yevgenia ISR 373 in qualies!
220 was the main draw cut, so it's quite a strong tourny.
best of luck! i'll be updating!

and a quick update!
savransky won her first match! :bounce:
11 SAVRANSKY Yevgenia ISR def. UHLIROVA Vladimira CZE 63 62
well done!
as you can see, she's the 11th seed in qualies, so she should have won, all for the best! uhlirova is ranked 708th in the world - so no bonus points, but
she now meets 4th seed (in qualies) Emily WEBLEY-SMITH, ranked 280.
take this and she might improve her career high with another win in the MD.
good luck! do us proud!
_____________________________________--
update! and it's good news once more!
11 SAVRANSKY Yevgenia ISR def. 4 WEBLEY-SMITH Emily GBR 76 (5) 63
nice upset! into the maindraw, so it's "big" points already.
too early to say, but should she win it - she might top her career best... :rolleyes:
in the main draw yeffy (and that will be her official nick!) sees fellow qualifier Afinogenova, yet ANOTHER russian...:lol:
good luck! have a good run here!
________________________________________-
the run continues! with no lapses or chokes yeffy won!
Savransky d. Afinogenova 61 64
afinogenova is ranked 422, so another point bonus is awarded!
so it's another win to her tally (7/3 from the start of this season) and better yet, she qualified in doubles too!
first qualy round
2) MEZAK (CRO) / SAVRANSKY (ISR) defeated BARDINA (RUS) / LEPCHENKO (UZB) 24 41 40
i don't have the score for the final round, but she won it too!
2) MEZAK (CRO) / SAVRANSKY (ISR) defeated (4) SAFAROVA (CZE) / SAKOWICZ (POL)
she now plays the other qualifiers, NOONI (SWE) / SCHEEPERS (RSA so she still has a very good chance for even more wins!
i'm so pleased! :bounce:
looks like israel had a real squad for this years fed cup, eh?
savransky will probably meet the top seed and big name rika fujiwara - it could be a career best win (109th ranked) not to mention a heap of bonus points (4). this tourny should get her back to the 50s in the third century of rankings, and hopefully, with the win over rika she can improve it.
updates still to come! good luck yeffy!
8 points in this tournament alone (10 up till this tourny) and another 7.5 should she beat rika.
amazing win! didn't lose her nerves in the tie-breaker! best tournament ever for savransky! she now meets nooni that upset 7th seed rao. yeffy already beat nooni this week in doubles, so she has the slight advantage over her.
4 straight wins here, hope she makes it another! her rankings are reallly jumping now, a win should best her career high.
(Q) SAVRANSKY Yevgenia ISR def. NOONI Hanna SWE 67 (6) 61 60
(Q) MEZAK (CRO) / SAVRANSKY (ISR) def. HISAMATSU (JPN)/OKAMOTO (JPN) 62 62
the scoreline against nooni indicates savransky is on berzerk! amazing over-powering there. the doubles score is heavenly as well.
new career high this week! :hearts: i am REALLY glad i started this thread, cuz it seems as though we have big enough a star to praise for, and now a thread made for her. don't forget your'e "i told you she's good" signs!
next up safarova, top300 on stake.
good luck! go for the title sweep!
Safarova d. Savransky 63 62
dissapointing scoreline too - no real fight it seems. i guesss she was getting quite tired the same goes with the doubles -
2) BAKER (NZL)/LUBIANI (ITA) def. (Q) MEZAK (CRO) / SAVRANSKY (ISR) 62 61
still - i'm SO proud of yeffy! this was a tremendous week, and it just might be the boost she needed to upgrade her career - she definatly showed us that she has the material to win these 25K tournaments, so she'll be battling the better girls and hopefully, she''ll beat them like she did this week.
:worship: good week.

Shonami Slam
Mar 25th, 2005, 05:32 PM
don't forget to cheer for yeffy!

Shonami Slam
Mar 27th, 2005, 12:38 PM
after the greatest week in savransky's career, it might be another 25K itf circuit tourny for her. the problem is that her ranking was only good enough for the qualification cut, and since she did so well in Redding, she might not have been able to sign-up for the qualification and confirm her play, as well as actually getting there in time to play - in any case i thought i'd update you about the commitment anyway.
it's in the US, in Augusta GA. the MD cut is 194, so it's a very good 25K, mostly since it's the week with no WTA events and only a few players still playing the second week in Miami. some big names from the entry list include american lindsay lee-waters, shikha uberio, japenese obata and fukiwara, whom savransky beat already (just to show the difference in the level, rika was the top seed in Redding, and only six in Augusta...)
asvransky in the Qualification just made the cut, one before the last player. she's 25th on the list, so i suspect she won't get to the MD even if alot of players withdraw (which i don't suspect will happen...). the qualification seed will probably include russian rodionova, lorean mi-ra jeon, thai sensation Viratprasert and italian adriana serra zanetti.
i'll update you as soon as i now anything new concerning yevgenia's participation.

JPhurst
Mar 27th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Since she made the semi's in Redding, I believe she can get a special exempt into Augusta. Were the semi-finals on Saturday?

Shonami Slam
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
well, she isn't in qualies and the boiled egg said she would be getting a special exemption so i'm hoping he's right - we have to wait for MD to see.
i'll be hoping for the best!

Shonami Slam
Mar 29th, 2005, 02:07 PM
sadly, savransky isn't listed in the main draw and that means she'll be resting this week - quite depressing as top300 is just a win or two away, a task she could easily achieved with this kind of form. let's hope she'll enter a tournament soon.

Shonami Slam
Apr 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Career-High Singles No. 316 (April 4, 2005)!!!!!
it's officially out!
in six weeks time she'll be using this ranking to enter tournies, making th 25K maindraws that much closer. up till now she barly made the cuts, now she might be seeded in the qualification to insure easier matches.
i'm really hoping she breaks the top300 soon, even though she isn't in any tournament this week.
another notable point is her doubles ranking vaulting up as well from 402 to 354. she sure is on a rise, though her career best doubles is still far far away - but another good collabaration might see her rocket back in the top300 doubles.
good luck babe, keep playing at this level and the ranking, prize money and recognition will come along!

Shonami Slam
Apr 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM
new career high :)
didn't play, but improved a spot, let's hope for another one next week, within a few years she can get to the #1 spot that way :lol:
not playing a tourny this week, i think. let's hope she'll play soon.

she is NOT playing for fed-cup and i am utterly dissapointed. she should have had the doubles rubber at least :( prove them mistaken and get into the top300 yeffi!
updates, as usual - as once i know anything!

Shonami Slam
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:21 PM
so after yeffi wasn't around and not playing fed-cup it looked like she might be injured.
so i'm very pleased to see her in the entry lists of the $75K Cagnes Sur Mer,France
she's in qualies:
15 SAVRANSKY, Yevgenia ISR 316
updates to come!
good luck honey :)
-----------------------------
just a small update - yeffi up to 11th in qualification, hope her draw will be nice. NEWS! 6 more withdrew, 5th in qualification.
i actually hope she DOES play qualies. since it's a 75K she'll get alot of points for qualifying (alot! :rolleyes: ), she needs just 9 to get into to the 300.
qualification is out and savransky is the fourth seed.
she plays Stephanie Rizzi of france, ranked 538, so no quality points up for grabs. Rizzie is 3-9 this year with a 4-match losing streak, so Yeffi should beat her. good luck!
YES! it's a win :) 6-1 7-5 against Stephanie Rizzi (which is now listed as italian btw)
she will now face a french WC Segolene Berger - once ranked as high as 180, so she might be dangerous,now she's reanked way down in 1087 but it seems like it was due to some injury perhaps, since her matches this year were all close against top500 players. let's hope she doesn't plan on coming back against yeffi :lol: 1.5 points so far! let's hope she can qualify!
----------
one step closer! tricky match - but a win is a win 7/6(4) 6/3 over berger.
next up - Youlia Fedossova of france, 327th ranked. quality and qualifying points available now, this really could be the breakthrough week if she can reach the Main draw QFs. fedessova is a youngster, 17 years with some big BIG wins morigami and shaughnessy so she really is top class. if yeffi keeps it cool and handles the pressure - she can win it. C'mon girl! win this!
----------------
yeffi lost! :sad: :sobbing: :o she's still playing doubles, but that big chance for another nice leap in the rankings is gone, she's first for LL so we still have hope. cross your fingers, evryone! M.J. ARGERI / L. SOBRAL def. J. BEJLKOVA / Y. SAVRANSKY 6/4 4/6 6/2 .... nothing to say about that. next week - please!

Shonami Slam
Apr 27th, 2005, 12:07 AM
well, the best thing from the tourny in Cagnes - is that we have 4 lovely pics of yeffi!
they are in the bottom -
here (http://www.opendecagnes.com/2005/planche-photos.cfm?rep=lundi&title=Lundi%2025%20avril%202005)
one-handed forehand (http://www.opendecagnes.com/2005/images/lundi/thumbnails/Yevgenia%20Savransky001.jpg)
serve (http://www.opendecagnes.com/2005/images/lundi/thumbnails/Yevgenia%20Savransky002.jpg)
two-handed backhand (http://www.opendecagnes.com/2005/images/lundi/thumbnails/Yevgenia%20Savransky003.jpg)
Hit that ball yeffi! (http://www.opendecagnes.com/2005/images/lundi/thumbnails/Yevgenia%20Savransky004.jpg)

looking strong, fit. very pleased :)

Shonami Slam
May 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
this weeks rankings - yeffi to 314 - didn't update it last week (sorry! :sad:) so i guess it's a new career high?
woohoo!
she has the same number of points as 2 other players (wheeler and sakovich) but less quality points, so a win over...my grandmother will take her up to 312 and anything with 0.5 point and more will lead her 311. :)

Shonami Slam
May 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM
well - there is a first for evrything - and this week will be a very special one for yeffi -
Yevgenia Savransky (ISR-321) vs. (5) Lilia Osterloh (USA-103)
where?
in the qualification draw of the WTAtour lever tierIII 170,000US$ tourny in Strasbourg, France.
It gives me great pride to see her name in this level.
of course, a win over lilia will be a new career best, and arguably the best result ever (overtaking this years upgrading to 25/50/75K tournies).
of course - i'll update anything i know.
please win yeffi - best of luck!
---------------------------------
well, it was a nice debut - but not good enough.
lilia ostreloh Beat savransky in three sets 6-2 3-6 6-1.
dissapointing third set. well done for taking it the distance but i really thought she had a chance :(
savransky can only take consalation in her doubles achievment - one round from the MD after defeating WC Fedossova/Parmentier 97 in a tight match. she and grant, her partner, now face Kachlikova/Mirza for a place in her wtatour MD debut...

shirgan
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Savransky won her first round match
at the $25K Mont-de-Marsan,France tournament

Savransky b. Matic 7/5-6/3

shirgan
Jun 29th, 2005, 08:13 PM
second round:

Savransky b. Laurendon 6/4-6/2 :yeah:

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Yevgenia won her first round doubles match :)

(4) SAVRANSKY Yevgenia/WHEELER Christina (ISR/AUS) def. CHAKHNASHVILI Margalita/DZEHALEVICH Ekaterina (GEO/BLR) 6/2 3/6 6/2

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:34 AM
matches to be played in quarterfinals:

SAVRANSKY Yevgenia (ISR) vs. (WC) ANDRIEUX Mailyne (FRA)

(4) SAVRANSKY Yevgenia/WHEELER Christina (ISR/AUS) vs. KONDRATIEVA Maria/LEFEVRE Sophie (RUS/FRA)

Good luck :)

Shonami Slam
Jun 30th, 2005, 11:43 AM
hey shirgan :) thanks for covering over - ever since i started working i haven't had the time to check out stuff enough.
as said - savransky now in france doing well breaking three successive losses dating since the cagnes sur mer tourny where she lost to fedossova.
In the current tourny she was supposed to be seeded second in the qualification draw but was promoted due to withdrawls.
it's a 25K and another SF showing like she did a few months ago could be really sweet.
in the first match versus Matic she also gained quality points as matic is ranked 286th - nice win over higher ranked player yeffi :)
she now meets 20 year old local girl Anais Lauredon ranked just outside the top500. this is already one of the frenchwomans best weeks, qualifying and beating the sixth seed in her first match in three tight sets.
let's hope she's too tired against savransky, and that we get to see another QF from our girl.
good luck!
win/loss + details updated!

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Doubles quarterfinals
KONDRATIEVA Maria/LEFEVRE Sophie (RUS/FRA) def. (4) SAVRANSKY Yevgenia/WHEELER Christina (ISR/AUS) 6/2 6/1

Shonami Slam
Jul 1st, 2005, 11:07 AM
Savransky makes it to the Quarter finals with a solid win - 6-4 6-2 over Lauredon and now faces a much harder opponent - french youngster and one of the frenchopen wildcards Mailyne Andrieux an 18 year old hard-hitting hopeful who has beaten the last two round despite losing a first set tie-break.
she's a slow starter, but from then on she's all fight - so yeffi should be prepared.
in the FO the young Andrieux won just one game against chinise sensation shui peng, but she's already winning on regular basis on the women's circuit and this might be her week to claim a 25K title.
the two are the first to the QF round and so we might have to wait a while before the rest "catch up" but this promises to be yet another oppurtunity for yevgenia to shine through to the top300 with some luck and alot of inspiration.
the frenchwoman is ranked 20 places undeer savransky and will be worth a whole quality point.
as for the doubles - official score not on the itf site, but we can relly on shirgans post :sad: at least the pair are teaming up for good scores on regular basis.

Shonami Slam
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:00 PM
YES!
it's the second Semi-final this year for yeffi with a tricky win over Andrieux in three sets: 6-1 6-7 6-3
in Redding she had way more quality points and bonuses since she won 5 matches (including qualification) and gained qualification points all in all she gained 21 points but now she's getting way less.
still, around 10 points is enough to be ranked 2XX, the momentary prize for playing so well, and surely she's gained 11.5 points for reaching the semi and another point or two on the way for the quality points.
since the start of the season she has gained around 45 points, a hefty amount considering she's played only 8 tournies, and with the second hardcourt season coming up we can expect great stuff from yeffi, who has about 25 points to defend till the end of the year.
Clay isn't her best surface, as she much prefers hardcourts - and yet with this showing she's proving that she's finally growing into the women's circuit.
way to go!
she now meets the 20 year old, fourth seed swedish Mathilde Johannson, yet another girl to recieve a grandslam WC in france, and she's had her fair share of success lately on thier grounds, reaching a quarter final just last week. to be honest, the swede is much more experienced in big occasions, reaching a 25K final as well, plus other 25K SF showings.
let's hope this semi is enough for her so that savransky can reach HER first final.
johansson is ranked 235, so she's worth two quality points. fiesty.

good luck girl! make us proud!

shirgan
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure she's going to reach the 200+ with the points she has so far - it's border line.
In any case her ranking this monday won't be affected,
only next monday her points from this tourney will be counted so we will have to wait and see what other results other players havethis week and next week as well in two 50K tournies.

shirgan
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:58 PM
And by the way,
why do you say she is sweedish?
her nationality is French...

Shonami Slam
Jul 1st, 2005, 10:07 PM
I thought only the 10ers were postponed ranking-wise.
she really is borderline, but she's in the @good@ side of the border, so we have nothing to do but wait and see.
other than that you are right that she's french - i also noted that when she played kuznetsova saying that thier whole future is bred out of france - feddesova, golovin, arzai and her.
and they say smashnova ain't israeli...:lol:
anywho, i think she's going to do it, she'll improve her career best anyway (314) and with another tourny next week (meaning she won'tbe in Fed-cup action :sad2:) she can boost it up.
she really is having a very good year, and i hope it will show with more wins over top200 players that can catapualt her way up.

shirgan
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:09 AM
from the 2005 WTA ranking system rules and regulations file:

"NOTE: ITF Women’s Circuit Tournaments with prize money of $25,000 or less are processed a minimum of one (1) week following the conclusion of the Tournament."

and

"•
Processing of Rankings - WTA Tour Tournaments (Tier I through V) plus ITF $75,000 and $50,000 events (as long as completed by the Sunday of that week) are processed on a weekly basis. ITF $10,000 through $25,000 events are processed a minimum of one (1) week following the completion of the Tournament. Points stay valid for fifty-two (52) weeks from the week in which a Tournament is included in the Ranking Totals."

Shonami Slam
Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
k, understood - thanks :)
at any cost, i don't think she can go anywhere lower than her previous career high, and since she's playing next week as well in a 25Ker, she'll gather valuable points with nothing to defend all month.

Shonami Slam
Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
well, all good things must come to an end.
Mathilde Johansson (FRA) d. Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) 6-1 5-7 7-5
heartbreaking third set, but she's really surprised me with her play on clay, improved that area by alot.
great week with a doubles QF and singles SF. another week to be remembered in yeffi's great year :)
it's of to poland, where she's listed 13th in the entry list, but we might see her move up a few spots, maybe even seeded with a little luck.
it's a 25K and the draw should be made today, i'll be updating.
in the meanwhile - well done yevgenia, better luck next time - it was SO close!

shirgan
Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:09 PM
k, understood - thanks :)
at any cost, i don't think she can go anywhere lower than her previous career high, and since she's playing next week as well in a 25Ker, she'll gather valuable points with nothing to defend all month.
yes, you are right :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:25 PM
actually, she had nothing to defend for june - but july is gunna be tough work with about 2 whole points :lol:
the difference in points gained between the 10K and the 25Ks is so large, that it's surprising the top10 don't have like a million ranking points.
I'm really hoping she can take her game up yet another level and play well at 50K and 75Ks, that really would mean alot ranking wise to win a round or two there.

Meteor Shower
Jul 4th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I think she might play a 50K in france in two weeks

great stuff until the semi Yevgenia.. but you had 2MP :sad: so close :(
well.. next time she will take those MP's :)
like some of the stats though, she had 7 aces in that semi match..

shirgan
Jul 4th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Savransky's draw in the $25K Torun,Poland tournament:

JIMENEZ-ALMENDROS Lucia ESP vs. SAVRANSKY Yevgenia ISR

NOVOTNIKOVA Petra/RAIMROVA Veronika (CZE) vs. 4 OSTROVSKAYA Nadejda/SAVRANSKY Evgenia (BLR/ISR)

Shonami Slam
Jul 5th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Jimenez has won quite alot of matches this year, but most of them came over lower ranked players in 10K tournies, still - she's reached three QF in the 25K level, and is ranked slightly under savransky, so in a way this is a battle of two ways on the women's tour - going for points easily acclaimed, or working it out against the tougher girls. let's hope savransky has toughened up and gained more experience, ither than that it's good news - TBE's rankings are back, and yeffi is ranked 298 claiming 13.5 points last week with a total of 83.5 points. i'm hoping she can add more to her tally and reach the middle section of the 200+ rankings.

shirgan
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Savransky def. Jimenez 6:2 6:1 :)

Next round Yevgenia will face Mathilde Johansson whom she lost to last week (losing 2 MPs)

Shonami Slam
Jul 6th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Revenge time!
no update of her doubles match yet - i'll edit the moment i find out!

shirgan
Jul 7th, 2005, 02:42 AM
in doubles she won as well :)
4 OSTROVSKAYA Nadejda/SAVRANSKY Evgenia (BLR/ISR) def. NOVOTNIKOVA Petra/RAIMROVA Veronika (CZE) 7/5 6/3

Next round she will face qualifyers from the Ukraine, Irina Buryachok and Yulia Ustyuzhanina.

Shonami Slam
Jul 7th, 2005, 02:51 AM
difinatly getting things going, confidence must be high - let's hope she get's in the 50Ks in france coming up next.

shirgan
Jul 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM
second round:

SAVRANSKY Yevgenia ISR def. 2 JOHANSSON Mathilde FRA 6:0 6:2 :eek: :bounce:

Shonami Slam
Jul 7th, 2005, 11:59 AM
into the second page about savransky with great news - savransky bruttaly ravaged Johansson to reach back-to-back QFs, it's a great quality win, let's hope she can back it up and reach the semis or more.
She's really on the high-way at the moment, i'm so pleased to know she's playing so well.
rankings will go higher for sure, the quality points alone are worth 3 points in the meanwhile, what savransky earned all of July LAST year :banana:
This win really shows us the mental strength yeffi has, she's going to be winning much more matches if she continues like this - and i have to state it again - this is STILL clay which is NOT yeffi's best surface!!
next on - austrian girl Petra Russegger ranked 460. she's not playing her best tennis by far, coming to this week with a 4 matches losing streak, but she's in the QF now and will try to make as much as she can from it, especcialy since her favorite surface is clay.
savransky should win this, she's been on sizzling form the last few weeks, and this week she's on fire losing only 5 games in 2 matches, both higher ranked than Russegger.
--------------------------------
sad update - savransky WON'T be playing the 50K next week, she withdrew and no other tournament is schedualed for her :sad:
the following week she won't play the 50K in luxembourg either, she'll be in france again for a 25Ker.

shirgan
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:40 PM
in doubles savransky won in the quarter finals:

4 OSTROVSKAYA Nadejda/SAVRANSKY Evgenia (BLR/ISR) def. Q BURYACHOK Irina/USTYUZHANINA Yulia (UKR) 6/0 6/3

Next round she will play the french/czech pair that defeated the 2nd seeds, Aurelie Vedy & Renata Voracova

Shonami Slam
Jul 7th, 2005, 11:27 PM
savransky fighting for every game in both sinlges and doubles :)
really pleasing scorelines, as well as nice wins.
has a big chance for at least one of the titles here.

shirgan
Jul 8th, 2005, 05:40 AM
difinatly getting things going, confidence must be high - let's hope she get's in the 50Ks in france coming up next.
She withdrew from the 50k in France (in Vittel)

I guess she needs the rest after all the singles and doubles matches she's been playing these past 2 weeks

Pszczelny
Jul 8th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Jewgienia is playing very well in Toruń :eek:

Congrats, you have really good player :yeah:

Meteor Shower
Jul 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Jewgienia? :confused: :)

http://www.start-wisla.com/bc/index.php?l=0&go=5&show=3
anyone recognize Jenny in one of the pictures?
I don't.. she should be at day 3&4.

Shonami Slam
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
the polish listed here as jewgenia lol
it's a soft v, simuler to the soft z in zhenya linetskaya.
russian is a very hard language, but linguistically fascinating.

savransky won! 7:5 5:7 6:4
back to back semis!!!
like shirgan said, she withdrew from two 50Ks, it's too bad but it probably for the best. she wouldn't want to be going there tired, so now she'll have a week off and then she's in for a 25Ker.
but that's for later on. she now meets polish sakowitz in the semis, she ranked below her by just a bit, and it's winable.
let's hope she breaks her best and makes it to the final! also, she still has her doubles match today later on.

ASAP - she's a cute red-head, i think in day 3 she's the in the doubles picture bottom row on the left, left in the picture.
i see day 5 is filled with cornet and the girl in orange i think is the next opponent for savransky.
she'll be in day 6, thankfully - so we'll try to get some good pics from there.

Pszczelny
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Jewgienia? :confused: :)

http://www.start-wisla.com/bc/index.php?l=0&go=5&show=3
anyone recognize Jenny in one of the pictures?
I don't.. she should be at day 3&4.

It's always written in Polish Jewgienia, I not always remember how to write it in English ;)

Full name should be Jewgienia Sawrański but as I remember her surname I write Savransky :p

and btw tomorrow against Sako :cool: :angel:

Shonami Slam
Jul 8th, 2005, 05:02 PM
should go up to around 285 once the points are all in.
who would have thought a year ago she was 400+ and suddenly she's blooming so well.

shirgan
Jul 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Yevgenia won the semifinal doubles match and will play in the doubles final tomorrow :)

4 OSTROVSKAYA Nadejda/SAVRANSKY Evgenia (BLR/ISR) def. VEDY Aurelie/VORACOVA Renata (FRA/CZE) 6/1 6/3

She will play in the final against Zuzana Hejdova and Joanna Sakowicz who beat the number 1 seeds.

shirgan
Jul 8th, 2005, 08:07 PM
It's always written in Polish Jewgienia, I not always remember how to write it in English ;)

Full name should be Jewgienia Sawrański but as I remember her surname I write Savransky :p

It's ok
I think everyone understood who you were talking about :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 8th, 2005, 11:03 PM
two games against polish-girl sakowicz.
both going for the title sweep as well, and guess what? the pair have met in doubles action once, in redding 2005, savransky teaming up with mezak to win in three sets...
nice mental strength note there.

shirgan
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Yevgenia lost in the semis

Sakowicz def. Savransky 6/4 2/6 6/4

let's hope she does better in the doubles final :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Jul 9th, 2005, 01:29 PM
well, it's a bitter loss - but it's still the best week ever for savransky, improving redding and lasy week because of the doubles match soon to be updated.
Sakowicz def. Savransky 6/4 2/6 6/4

Shonami Slam
Jul 9th, 2005, 07:05 PM
well, the day ended great with a final win and a trophy at Torun, Poland.
Ostrovskaya/Savransky def. Hejdova/Sakowicz 6/1 7/5
it was her second 25K final and this time she made it, winning her first title at this level.
let's hope a single one follows soon, and that she wins them more from now on.
greatest week in her career, important one as well.
well done yeffi!

Shonami Slam
Jul 11th, 2005, 12:13 PM
so it's official - career high 298 :bounce:
also, doubles really vualted, and that without the title this week.
good times ahead for our babe :)
p.s - according to TBE's ranking charts, yeffi will go up to the mid-70 (depends on how lower ranked players will do this week, of course.)
she'll now be seeded at more tournies, giving her a good start-out to more QF+ showings :bounce:
she'll also have easier time getting in 50K and 75K.

Meteor Shower
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:15 PM
yeffi :bounce:
mazal tov on your first title, may many more will come!

Shonami Slam
Jul 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
so after a week's rest it's back to action for yeffi, opening her hardcourt campaign in...yeah, you guessed it - France.
it's another 25Ker and this time savransky meets 8th seed Ostrovskaya, her doubles partner from last week when they won Torun.
Ostrovskaya not the best of players, but she's quite consistant (rare on the ITF circuit) and she's reached two QFs in 25Ks this year. she's ranked about the same as savransky, and in general i think thier pretty much of same level, except that savransky's playing great tennis and her partner could use a little push... but prefarably - next week only.
good luck girl! make it a hat trick of semis!

Makkabi
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Goodluck girls :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
savransky found herself 2-5 down yesterday before rain stopped play.
this morning she turned it around to win against her doubles partner and eight seed Nadejda Ostrovskaya 36 64 63. that shows her mental strength :)
well done girl!
it was a tough match, this time we have some stats! that's very nice in the 25Kers. savransky with another big serving match - 5 aces!
she also caused alot of problems for her opponent in the first set, saving 4 SP before losing it. she had a tough time herself in the second, not bieng able to convert 3 SP of her own. it was a long match, 2 hours and 38 minuts :eek: that's great from her! very pleasing game, shows that her game really belongs in the top300, if not more. a few more upsets and maybe participation in 50Kers will provide her the push she needs to begin qualification for grand slams (aroun 250 is sometimes enough, that's just 20 places ahead! if she continues like this - we have ourself 4 participants in the aussie open)
she proved even stronger as well as ostrovskaya, well deserving of credit here to team up and win in convincing fashion :
(3)Ostrovskaya/Savransky d. Cattaneo/Widmer 62 63
well done girl!
should win the next one as well against LL Janette Bejlkova from the czech republic. young player ranked in the mid 400s, mixing up the tournies she's playing this year, with 10Ks all the way to 75Kers. savransky should capatalize and seaze control, advancing to a third straight QF.
good news, the fourth seed whom savransky could have met in the next round has been elimanated - so it just might be another chance to advance to her first 25K final...
in doubles she will be facing JIMENEZ / LEROY who reached the second round with no match, due to walkover.
hopefully, the lack of match practise will show and yeffi/nady will step another level towards thier second title together :)
keep you fingers crossed!

shirgan
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:29 PM
great news :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
by the way - it's another double partners match, yevenia and janette have played together quite a few times in the past, and a couple of times each other in double matches.
yeffi won both, in addition to a 10K match in tel aviv way back...
let's hope nothing changes :)
as for the doubles match today - she will be facingJimenez whom she beat in the past few weeks in singles play.
so you could say that she should win both matches today.
hopefull - it's happen.

Makkabi
Jul 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Goodluck Sav-ran-sky :D

Shonami Slam
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:26 PM
another day, another win.
6-3 6-0 dimolation of former doubles partner Bejlkova .
:)
back-to-back-to-back QF appearances. can she make it SF appearances?
this week should boost her up again but only 2 quality points in the meantime.
she also won her doubles match pairing with ostrovskaya to win 6-2 6-3 to wrap up yet another SF.
her next opponents not determined yet in both isngles and doubles - but i'll be updating when i know anything.
for now - job well done, good luck next round!
real star she's growing to be. :hug:

Shonami Slam
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:12 PM
opponents update -
it could have been quite funny giving bagels and breadsticks to Baker all day long - but savransky first meets french WC unranked Julie Coin who tore through qualification and beat baker in the second roun to reach the first QF on her debut 25K MD apreance of the year. she's not new on circuit, nor youngster - she's actually two years older than yeffi - but returning from injury in 2002. (played just one tourny in 2004).
luckily for her, being french helped her out to start again - in the past she has reached far in the 10Ks but nothing better than that.
she can end her run happy here - savransky on the other hand can go further :)
in doubles action savransky get's a chance to revenge her doubles loss to baker earlier on this year. it should be one of the best matches of the ITFtour this week, as both are still on streak since thier former 25K titles - baker/lubiana winning felixtone.
the pair are the number one seeds and are worth quality points as well - not a common feature in this level.
hopefully with a win yeffi will reach her third career 25K doubles final and second in a row, and from there on - double her titles this year.

Shonami Slam
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:05 PM
savransky lost in singles, appearantly. no score yet.
:sad:
this is really sad, she could have had a chance to gain evenge on sakowitz in the semi.
let's hope she win in doubles!

Shonami Slam
Jul 23rd, 2005, 12:21 AM
well, i guess the day went ok eventuall. dissapointing not to reach another SF, we're almost getting used to it i feel, and that's a good sign :)
she lost 6-2 6-4 in quite a poor match, but the opponent is the #2 ranked NCAA player according to one of the wtaworld.com posters. that's why she didn't play - not a case of injury like i suspected :o
let's wish coin the very best, now we move on.
in doubles action she regrouped and won a mammoth match, possibly her best doubles match in term of quality and pressure, coming from a set down to win 2-6 6-4 7-6(4)!!!
now that she's reached the final she will have a shot at consecutive titles. :bounce: her doubles ranking for sure will get higher than her previous career-high from two years ago, with that she'll be holding career highs at both singles and doubles, a real climber!
it was a great win, an important one as well, let's hope it pushes her towards victory tomorrow as well against 4th seeds bratchikova/kosminkaya. in singles play, savransky has beaten bratchikova twice, and never met teen kosminkaya, but it should be a thriller, cross your fingers folks!!

Meteor Shower
Jul 23rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
*crossing* g'luck Yevgenia!

Shonami Slam
Jul 24th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Well done!
OSTROVSKAYA / SAVRANSKY Def. BRATCHIKOVA / KOSMINSKAYA 6/1 2/6 6/4
second consecutive title! now for sure she will eclipse her career best doubles ranking :)
way to go, they beat the first and third seeds, so this tourny was very good as well for yeffi :D

shirgan
Jul 24th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Yevgenia :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 25th, 2005, 12:54 PM
the new rankings posted and savransky, without doing anything records another career high :lol: from 277 al the way up to 276. doubles was better by dar tough, with 311 turning into a 309.
but seriously, it's nice to see her much more stable now, without huge jumps due to losing points from last year.
the reason for that is that in one tourny now, she overtakes a whole month and more from last year when she was winning no more than 3 points per week.
if she can just keep her momentum going and reach the later stages every week, she'll be moving forward. it's the simple rule - if you win, you go up.
and next week her doubles ranking will boost forwards into a career high.
this week she's not playing, and next week she'll be resting as well (unless she starts playing qualification mid-week, which we hope WILL happen), so it's time to recover and regroup before pouncing again.
also, the partnirship fiwth ostrovskaya is working really well - sure, it's the czech who is a better doubles player and had a better career so far (she's actually pretty impressive! check her out sometime) but the dou are winning together, and hopefully they will continue together longer.
ostrovskaya is currently ranked 157 in doubles, not including the title from this week, so the pair have a very good ranking together considering they are only playing 25Ks yet aren't very far away from WTAtour quality - cinncinati this week have 5 teams ranked under 500 (non wildcard) - savransky/ostrovskaya without the title are ranked 466, and with it should get close to 400-410.
i'm hoping they can get into a tourny, for the sake of it sometime soon. it would be wonderful to see her in a maindraw of any sort.

Shonami Slam
Jul 26th, 2005, 10:29 PM
ranking update - savransky will go up to around 267, probably a bit lower in the next ranking update of the WTAtour, that's another 11 steps towards the top :)
she withdrew from 50K plus hospitality (the hospitality raises the level a bit, meaning round points are higher) :mad: she'll play a 25K tourny in Germany instead. she needs to play qualification there in the meantime, but players might withdraw as the tourny comes closer. at any cost it's higher quaility then she got used to lately.
she better do good there!!

Makkabi
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Well done Savransky!

tobi
Jul 29th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Hi To All :wavey:

I am new fan of Yevgenia... She is doing very well already in this season,hope she continue in this great way ;)

Best Of Luck To Her :hug:

Shonami Slam
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hi To All :wavey:

I am new fan of Yevgenia... She is doing very well already in this season,hope she continue in this great way ;)

Best Of Luck To Her :hug:

she just withdrew from both 50Krimini AND a german 25K so i think she might be injured :sad:
i hope not!
anyway, welcome to the forum :wavey:

tobi
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:16 PM
she just withdrew from both 50Krimini AND a german 25K so i think she might be injured :sad:
i hope not!
anyway, welcome to the forum :wavey:
Just be optimistic,she played way too much tennis in past weeks,and she played both singles and doubles plus she made QF or SF stage at nearly all of them with doubles,she just need rest in my opinion,thats the week she needed :angel:

tobi
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM
I am doing a big profile and statistics of the players I like.Now I decided to just that for Yeffi ;)

Biggest Wins In Terms Of Rankings

2004 $10K Albufeira Kildine Chevalier (No 221) 63 62
2005 $25K Belfort Katerina Bohmova (No 150) 75 Ret.
2005 $25K Redding Rika Fujiwara (No 109) 76(4) 63 :yeah:
2005 $25K Redding Hanna Nooni (No 192) 67(6) 61 60 :banana:

Career Titles (5)

2001 $10K Ashkelon,Israel
2002 $10k Faro,Portugal
2002 $10K Tel Aviv,Israel
2002 $10K Cuneo,Italy
2002 $10K Haifa,Israel

Runner Up (7)

2001 $10K Israel 3 Satellite
2001 $10K Tel Aviv,Israel
2002 $10K Sezze,Italy
2002 $10K Ramat Hasharon,Israel
2004 $10K Istanbul,Turkey
2004 $10K Timisoara,Serbia-Montenegro
2004 $10K Ramat Hasharon 2,Israel

Doubles-Titles (8) / Runner Up (10)

2002 $10K Makarska 1,Croatia (With Hergold)
2002 $10K Makarska 2,Croatia (With Hergold)
2002 $10K Le Touquet,France (With Ablovatchi)
2002 $10K Ramat Hasharon,Israel (With Glitzenstein)
2004 $10K Istanbul,Turkey (With Kuryanovich)
2004 $10K Horb,Germany (With Arkhipova)
2005 $25K Torun,Poland (With Ostrovskaya)
2005 $25K Les Contemines,France (With Ostrovskaya)

I put her win loss record on every surface later on.

shirgan
Jul 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM
thanks tobi :)

Makkabi
Jul 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks heaps Tobi! :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 29th, 2005, 06:04 PM
thankies tobi! :hug:
It was a good investment to talk to you ;)
you can use this site to help you, if you'll need it - http://home17.inet.tele.dk/wta/sp/savr1777.htm
I'll be using your lists in the first few threads - reminder that you can go there and see her scores from this year in first post with marking of higher ranked opponents and year highlights!

Meteor Shower
Jul 29th, 2005, 06:37 PM
hey tobi :wavey:
thanks

tobi
Jul 29th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Thanx to all ;) ,It was fun for me...

I have my documents about tennis and my favourite few players,I did that statistic when I was copying it to there.

Win/loss Clay Hard Carpet Grass Total
2005 8/5 8/3 1/1 0/0 17/9
Since 1996 * 66/50 68/32 1/1 0/0 154/95

Thats from your website Shonami,but they arent putting win-loss record without $10 or $25K qualifying results.

I will do it tomorrow.

tobi
Jul 30th, 2005, 10:39 AM
2000 W/L 8-4
2001 W/L 29-18
2002 W/L 49-22
2003 W/L 14-21
2004 W/L 47-28
2005 W/L 19-10
Career W/L 176-103

tobi
Jul 30th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Win-Loss Record By Surface

Clay W/L 76-58
Hard W/L 96-43
Carpet W/L 4-2
Grass W/L 0-0

Career W/L 176-103

Shonami Slam
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:44 PM
thanks tobi - your'e pure gold!

shirgan
Jul 30th, 2005, 01:42 PM
wow she doesn't have even one match on grass :eek:
I didn't know that

Shonami Slam
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:58 AM
BIG WOW!
savransky doubles ranking to a new career high - from under 300 to 265 :eek:
that's huge and that will help her double draws too. way to go yeffi, those doubles titles really payed off!
in singles she posted a smaller climb, but an importnat one into the mid200s, now at 267.
she STILL isn't playing a tourny this week, so she'll probably drop a place or two, but the season is still long and we have great expectations from yeffi to continue providing the goods :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:11 PM
mini-update:
nothing for this week, looks like nothing for next week too :sad:
she'll be losing bits and pieces of points - nothing a 25K QF ain't enough to regain anyway, but according to TBE's rankings, she's actually going up (the tour is so...wierd) a few, to 264, but that could easily change.
so - nothing for you guys in the meanwhile!
hope to see you soon yeffi!

Shonami Slam
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:11 PM
look like the last couple of months finally tool thier toll, and savransky is withdrawing from events like mad.
she withdrew from helsinki in two weeks time as well, and now her closest tourny is moscow in the 22nd... alot of time till then.
hope she's ok.

shirgan
Aug 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I was just looking at the fedcup site
and I stumbled into Yevgenia Savransky's info page
(http://www.fedcup.com/teams/player.asp?player=20014322)
Apparently she represented Israel in a doubles match with Tzipi Obziler (which they lost) in the 3rd rubber against Yugoslavia in 2003. Israel won the tie 2-1 by the way.

All this time I though she didn't want to (or couldn't - due to army issues) represent Israel in fedcup, but apparently she did represent Israel once....

Shonami Slam
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Savransky join Navratilova, Clijsters, Davenport and others with a joint-career high in both singles AND doubles.
they did it for #1, she did it with #265.
other players lost some points and yeffi went up two places, making it another week with a career-high in this breakthrough season of hers.
her doubles rank isn't at it's peak since she lost one place, but it's nothing she won't be glad to make up once she plays again :)
by the way, Yevgenia is now 101 places better than her year end rank in 2004. if she can just push herself more into the top200 she'll be hitting waves all over, already the number of fans is growing, and her name getting recognition :D
no play this week, but soon yeffi will return to the courts :bounce:

Makkabi
Aug 12th, 2005, 03:26 PM
When will Savransky playing the next tourny?

Shonami Slam
Aug 12th, 2005, 05:27 PM
she's not playing this coming week (15-21st) but she's listed to two 25Ks in russia the fortnights after.

Makkabi
Aug 12th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Ok thanks

Shonami Slam
Aug 15th, 2005, 03:01 PM
savransky's rank stays at her career-high rank of 265.
in doubles ranking she fell a place to 268, but it shouldn't bother her much in getting seeded in the 25K tournies.
she's not playing this week, so there won't be updates but she's finally playing next week, so prepare yourself for another great week from our gal!

Shonami Slam
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:56 AM
just wanted to update that according to TBE's rankings, savransky up a rank to 264 :lol:
next week in moscow savransky tries her luck yet again on red clay, this time in Moscow, Russia. she'll be the third seed in a rather week field. i hope she makes the semis again so she'll get some points worthy of her cause.
intresting enough - Uzbek player Tulyaganova is commited in the list. former top20 player that beat top israeli Smashnova at her time now plays the ITF circuit in her slow comeback. let's hope they don't meet too soon :scared:
Nadeja will be there, so i guess we'll be seeing #1 seeds savransky/ostrovskaya, and we can expect them to go far, maybe even make it a hat trick back-to-back for savransky.
good luck yeffi!

Makkabi
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Goodluck Savransky...

Makkabi
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:18 PM
but I thought she will be playing in Forest Hills, USA tourny next week? :?:

Shonami Slam
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM
but I thought she will be playing in Forest Hills, USA tourny next week? :?:

not even in the alternate lists :p
maybe you got confused with anna or shahar, yeffi still isn't wtatour MD level. she's scraping the qualifications of some lower tiers now, but in 50 places up, she'll be joining some top tournies :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 20th, 2005, 10:38 AM
possible scheduale for the rest of the year (just going for french tournies and predictable tournies in europe where savransky usually plays)

03 Oct / 09 Oct 05 $25,000 NANTES, FRA France $ 25000
10 Oct / 16 Oct 05 $50,000 JOUE-LES-TOURS, FRA France $ 50000
17 Oct / 23 Oct 05 $50,000 SAINT RAPHAEL, FRA France $ 50000
Rest or possibly 24 Oct / 30 Oct 05 $25,000 ISTANBUL, TUR Turkey $ 25000
Rest or possibly 31 Oct / 06 Nov 05 $25,000 MINSK, BLR Belarus $ 25000
14 Nov / 20 Nov 05 $50,000 DEAUVILLE, FRA France $ 50000
21 Nov / 27 Nov 05 $75,000 POITIERS, FRA France $ 75000
rest or possibly 12 Dec / 18 Dec 05 $25,000 VALASSKE MEZIRICI, CZE Czech Republic $ 25000 (if rankings allow her, she might already go for 12 Dec / 18 Dec 05 $50,000 BERGAMO, ITA Italy $ 50000)
and then rest till the next season, perhaps playing one of the israeli 10Ks, but i really doubt it.

Makkabi
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks @ Shonami Slam :)

tobi
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:52 PM
I think her schedule is too busy.She has to skip 1 or 2 events on november,she need a good rest,she nearly played 8-9 matches all week with singles and doubles.

Shonami Slam
Aug 21st, 2005, 06:45 PM
I think her schedule is too busy.She has to skip 1 or 2 events on november,she need a good rest,she nearly played 8-9 matches all week with singles and doubles.

Probably - But i hope she skips the 25Ks and not the 75 ones.
she's proved she can beat top200 players and she won't meen enough of those in 25K tournies, especially as it's a crowded scheduale for the rest of the year, full of 25ers.
she's still coping well with the number of games, so i think she'll generally be fine - i just hope she keeps playing that much per week - it means eh's winning ;)

Makkabi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:57 AM

Shonami Slam
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
back at career highs in both singles where she clinbed on rank to 264 and doubles goes up back 2 places to her career high of 265.
the draw in moscow still isn't available, but i'll be updating the moment we get it.
aiming for her 20th win of the season and her first final. anything short of a semi will be a bit dissapointing as she IS te 3rd seed in a relitavly week 25K field. there won't be alot of quality points, that's for sure.

Shonami Slam
Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Main Draw is out and savransky is promoted to 2nd seed :banana:
she'll be meeting the toughest qualifier, #1 seeded at the qualies, local Russian Oksana Teplyakova, 25 years of age ranked a career high 480 in the world (she's worth a single quality points :D ) who hasn't played a 25Ker for a while now, sticking to 10Ks without that much success. her last 25er was Warsaw in may where she had to qualify as well and reached the second round.
the pair have never met.
Savransky should win this, it will be a nice match though.
the other seed in Savransky's quarter is Giullia Gabba from italy - but we'll deal with her later ;)
good luck yeffi! knock her out!

tobi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Good Luck Yeffi :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
Yeffi keeps her doubles winning streak alive, beating local teenage pair Komissarova/Pushkareva easily 60 61.
savransky/ostrovskaya have won two straight tournies together, and are the first seeds this week. they dominated the match easily, beating the 15 and 16 year olds with no worries, and look to take this win towards making it three titles.
this will insure savransky improves her career best doubles rank of 265 when this weeks scores get in (in two weeks time).
they next meet Italian pair Gabba/Knapp who will be far better, with actual doubles rankings (the russian pair were NR) but only 1000 combined meaning they aren't worth quality points.
good luck in singles tomorrow!

Makkabi
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Cool... Goodluck Savransky!!!

Shonami Slam
Aug 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
savransky safely through without a convinsing match, but coming back strong after losing the first set
(2)Yevgenia Savransky d. Oksana Teplyakova 46 60 62
a win is a win though, and she'll be having a double date with Knapp next round in both singles AND doubles.
Karin Knapp of italy is ranked 361 entering this tourny (worth a single qualification point) 18 years of age looks like a bright new prospect for the Italians, doing well in qualifying for a 75K and a 50Ks.
the pair have never met, and hopefully savransky will record a double win over the young Italian. good luck yeffI :bounce:

Shonami Slam
Aug 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
so after the hint in the first round, yeffi lost it completely in the second round :sad:
Karin Knapp d. (2) Yevgenia Savransky 63 64
at least it wasn't whitewashing, but i expected her to win this. :(
she did make ammends in doubles though , bringing her winning streak up to 10 already by revenging knapp and her partner Gabaa 62 64.
I guess I started expected so much from Yevgenia, but this tourny is ok. i suspect she'll stay in the same area in her ranking, wining only 4.5 points from this tourny, so by the time they get in, she wont move up more than 2 or 3 places.
In doubles we can expect an improvement of 20-30 places so far (much tighter in doubles rankings, so every point boosts, and the semi was worth 11.5 points), but i'm hoping she wins the tourny with ostrovskaya as they are so much above the rest of the field.
all four seeded pairs reached the semis, and yeffi/nadeja will meet the 3rd seeds Bastrikova/Kudryavtseva with a combined ranking of 274, so they will be worth an additional point in quality terms.
good luck yevgenia!

tobi
Aug 25th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah,we expected so much from her.

Knapp is a pretty good Italian player,made her breakthrough this year,and Knapp played everyweek on clay and Yeffi stayed out for 2-3 weeks.I think thats the reason.

After doubles,she will move to Balashikha,another $25K Russian Challenger,It will be mostly same players there,hope a better success from Yeffi.

Good Luck in doubles.

Shonami Slam
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Savransky providing the double goods!
Ostrovskaya/Savransky def Bastrikova/Kudryavtseva 6-1 6-4 another relativly easy match against the third seeds, and into her third cosecutive final, aiming for a hat-trick. it could have been nadeja's 4th in a row, but she played in the weeks savransky rested. they will now play the second seeds Kozhokhina/Kustava of russian and belerus respectivly. they have a combined doubles rankings of 464 and are much closer to the Israeli/Belerusian dou in a way that the higher ranked of the two pairs are 173 (Kustava) and Ostrovskaya (174) :eek:
Kozhokhina by the way, played in Ra'anna this year, reaching the semis before retiring due to injury. :)
I believe in savransky/ostrovskaya. they have been playing together longer and have a good pair, obviously showing in thier results. it could be tough - but i think Yeffi will win her 3rd title of the year tomorrow :banana:
good luck girl!

Meteor Shower
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Lets go for a hattrick
how do you say C'mon in Belarussian :p

I saw Kozhokhina in Raanana, but just when I got there she lost the first game of the 2nd set and retired :o guess i'm not a lucky charm for her

Shonami Slam
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Savransky not her total self, and it showed today when she and her partner ostrovskaya lost 2-6 4-6 to the second seeded pair.
It was still a good run, but it's a very dissapointing week generally, after some fantastic victories prior to her little break.
all in all it was an OK week, but we expect more of her.
hopefully next week she'll be back to her mid-year self.
she's the third seed as for now, but draw still isn't out.

tobi
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM
$25K Balashikha,Russia

R1 (2)Yeffi Savransky vs. (Q)Anastasia Pivovarova

I have to say It isnt a easy draw.

Anastasia won $10K Moscow 2 weeks ago,she is another young talented Russian-she is 16 years of age.Didnt play last week in Moscow.

If Yeffi can make through she will have to face winner of Arkhipova v Bastrikova,Bastrikova made QF last week,defated #1 seed Vierin on the way.

But I expect win from these 2 matches from her,maybe these can matches goes to 3 sets,It wont be a surprise to me

Good Luck ;)

Shonami Slam
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:30 AM
A lovely pic of freckled Yeffi, thanks to Nina_RUS for this one - she's been talking to her all week in Moscow youtny and informed me she was really nice :)
also - she PMed me that savransky used some forehand slice in her match, so i'm thinking maybe she still is injured abit (and that's why she took the break? we don't know for sure) and is forced to use it.
anyway - thanks alot nina - your'e amazing!
http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38464

shirgan
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:00 PM
A lovely pic of freckled Yeffi, thanks to Nina_RUS for this one - she's been talking to her all week in Moscow youtny and informed me she was really nice :)
also - she PMed me that savransky used some forehand slice in her match, so i'm thinking maybe she still is injured abit (and that's why she took the break? we don't know for sure) and is forced to use it.
anyway - thanks alot nina - your'e amazing!
http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38464
can she ask her about the whole representing Israel/serving in the army issue?

Makkabi
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Nice pic :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Finally time for a real update - In this week savransky goes down to 266 in the singles rankings and down to 267 in doubles. she'll be getting some points next week tho which should take her doubles ranking about 30 places up :eek:
following the somehow dissapointing tourny in Moscow, Yeffi starts another 25K in the home of so many young starts - Russia.
this week it's Balashikha and Yeffi begins her bid for her first 25K title against Local qualifier Anastasia Pivovarova in a match that can be a bit tricky.
In doubles action ostrovskaya/Savransky don't let last week get to them and play as the second seeds (i haven't seen the doubles draw though).
it's going to be a bit tricky to update as the tourny doesn't ave a website last week and the updates are slower.
hopefuly Tobi will provide us with his daily goods.
let's hope yeffi makes the most of this week - good luck girl!

Shonami Slam
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Yes!
the tourny starts off perfectly for out girl Yeffi
(2)Yevgenia Savransky d. (Q)Anastasia Pivovarova 61 31 Ret.
(2)Ostrovskaya/Savransky vs. Lyubtsova/Teplyakova 60 64

had a bit of luck there in the singles match, It could have been much tougher had Pivarova been phisically fine. nice clean win in the doubles as well, looks much better than last week at least.
next round Savransky will be meeting tricky Anna Bastrikova, another Russian, 20 years of age ranked 354 in the world. the pair have met twice as juniors with anna winning both meetings, but Savransky did beat her last week in doublesa action.
speaking of which, QF round is against Davydova/Grigorian both with a ranking inside top500, but comibined way over. should be an easy doubles win, as for the sinlges - it's gunna be a challenge, and it will be intresting to see if Yevgenia can pull through.
best of luck babe!

Makkabi
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:42 AM
Goodluck :)

tobi
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:47 PM
2nd Round

(2)Yeffi Savransky d. Anna Bastrikova 76(6) 26 63 :yeah: :D :unsure:

QF-Tomorrow

(2)Yeffi Savransky vs. (wc)Evgenia Rodina

Doubles-QF

(2)Ostrovskaya/Savransky d. Davydova/Grigorian 61 63

SF-Tomorrow

Winner Of Ivanova/Panova vs. Kotelnikova/Levchenko

They couldnt play today due to rain.

Good Luck :D

Shonami Slam
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:29 PM
thanks for the updating Tobi :hug:
double delight once more, and that first set tie-break is very encouraging, even if she had a let down in the second.
Rodina will be a tough little cookie, but hopefully Yeffi can teach yet another russian a lesson or two.
In doubles we can expect a comfortable win again - things are lookin much better with a QF at least and a possible 4th straight Final in doubles.
well done, good luck tomorrow - let's make it another 25K semi!

Meteor Shower
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:01 PM
Yeffi :D very impressive win
I can't wait to see her play

good luck in the QF/SF :)

Makkabi
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:44 AM
Great news... :D

BTW which tourny is that? in Moscow?

Shonami Slam
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:28 PM
Two horribly dissapointing scores today, and it looks like Yevgenia lost that tremendous form from the last few months with that little break.
Rodina d. Savransky 26 64 63. not much to say - i guess that second set was what killed yeffi. it's really too bad, but still much better than last week and i hope she'll do at least one win better next week
in doubles Ivanova/Panova d. (2)Ostrovskaya/Savransky 61 61 and i have nothing to say about it. simply embarresing as yeffi/nadeja have been on crushing form and this was really bad tennis i guess.
it wasn't the greatest of weeks, but still with a QF and SF i guess it was good.
i just hope she'll get her act together for the next few important weeks.

Shonami Slam
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:16 AM
although it wasn't the best of weeks, it will still be enough to improve Savransky's ranking to around 257 :banana: :woohoo:
another stop/step towards the top200 :p
in doubles she'll be really storming into the 200 area, it's too tough to call, but i think she should just about reach 220, or something like that.
big wow on that :eek:
it's a giant jump up the doubles ranks since the beggining of the year and i hope her partnership with Ostrovskaya continues, as both are really climbing (though Nadeja was up there before...)

Makkabi
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM
Great :)!

tobi
Sep 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
$25K Durmersheim,Germany

Yeffi couldnt ask for a better draw look at her section

(8)Savransky vs. (wc)Sarina Mueller [wta 1184]
(wc)Kristina Antoniychuk [unrank] vs. Q/LL

Q/LL vs Q/LL
(2)Stephanie Gehrlein [wta 207] vs. Q/LL

If she cant make the QF stage,I wont feel sorry for her :rolleyes:

Makkabi
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Hope she will manage it...

Shonami Slam
Sep 7th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I wasn't here and i'm going to be here way less as i started a prep thing (mechina kdam tzvait for you israelis). if anyone is intrested on what it is and so on - i'd love to explain, but not here :p
this is all about savransky, and all about her results.
this week as Tobi said she's playng in germany, 8th seed in a nice section.
hopefully this will help her regain her performances from previous months for another exceptional week.
good luck to her!

tobi
Sep 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Yeffi won 63 61 against Mueller...

She will play a dangerous very talented 15 year old Kristina Antoniychuk of Ukraine,It wont be that easy...

Good Luck Yeffi :)

Makkabi
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:57 AM
goofluck yeffi

Shonami Slam
Sep 8th, 2005, 07:00 AM
let's hope she gets the better of the youngster.
Savransky not playing doubles this week, perhaps a good call as she should focus some on her singles play. her doubles ranking will vault up anyway, so she needs to work hard on evening it up with her singles rankings so she can gain direct entry into the better tournies.
this is a better 25K tourny than the ones in russia, and i hope she can lift her game to it.
good luck :)

tobi
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:57 PM
(8)Yevgenia Savransky d. (wc)Kristina Antoniychuk 67 64 76 :unsure:

Unfortunetly I dont know the tiebreak scores,but thats miles away from convincing...

She Is lucky,she will play Celine Catteneo,after #2 Stephanie Gehrlein injured on her match.

Shonami Slam
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
tough match. the only thing i can take comfort from is that she won it, and the only thing i can hope is that it gave her some confidence to bring her game up.
I'm really hoping she takes andvantage of Gehrleins retirement and wins tomorrow, even if Catteneo is way fresher.
another SF please, yeffi. TBE's weekly rankings sees Savransky in 258 not including this week's points - so i guess we can expect more career bests coming up even though she starts losing bigger points soon as well.
Good luck !

tobi
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:35 PM
QF

Yeffi d. Celine Catteneo 62 60 :banana:

Thats a confident win...

She will play #6 seed Ekaterina Dzehalevich of Belarus...

Shonami Slam
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:55 PM
great match from Yevgenia for another SF to add on her tally this year.
WE're still hoping for that additional break through for a title, and this just might be her week after letting herself some rest from doubles, in a decision that might prove worthwhile if she lifts the trophy.
solid win and nice build up before meeting Dzehalevich, best of luck girl!

Makkabi
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Well done!

Shonami Slam
Sep 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM
"The match Antoniychuk - Savransky lasted 3 hours 40 minutes and Antoniychuk was hitting some impressive winnners. Both were risking something, it was a very nice match. Antoniychuk was in lead in the third with 5-2, but then lost in the Tie-Break. Very nice talent, she has got. Savransky sometimes was totally, pissed off, she did not know what to do, to beat this girl. "

this is a report one of the guys from wtaworld gave regarding the savransky match - seems like it was a real thriller and WAY long! just emphises how amazing it is that yeffi went out there the following day and thrashed her opponent.

tobi
Sep 10th, 2005, 08:59 AM
"The match Antoniychuk - Savransky lasted 3 hours 40 minutes and Antoniychuk was hitting some impressive winnners. Both were risking something, it was a very nice match. Antoniychuk was in lead in the third with 5-2, but then lost in the Tie-Break. Very nice talent, she has got. Savransky sometimes was totally, pissed off, she did not know what to do, to beat this girl. "

this is a report one of the guys from wtaworld gave regarding the savransky match - seems like it was a real thriller and WAY long! just emphises how amazing it is that yeffi went out there the following day and thrashed her opponent.
I dont think It was that hard.I mean,If you play like Dementieva-Davenport for 3h.40m It will be amazing.But I think they played long moonballs rallies,and thats not that tiring,because you have so much time in the rallies,and you arent spending that much energy.

Still hats of for fitness of Yeffi.

tobi
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Yeffi won 75 61 :banana: :yeah: :kiss: :hearts: very well done...

Will play #7 seed Adriana Barna of Germany.

Shonami Slam
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
WELL DONE SAVRANSKY!!!!!
great win, important, big. she did it easily as well after the tough first set.
tomorrow is a huge day for her career, and already her ranking should get into the top250.
I'm so proud of her - she's come a huge way this year and is so deserving of a title of this caliber.
She can beat Adriana Barna tomorrow - I hope she does it.

Makkabi
Sep 11th, 2005, 03:08 AM
:D
WELL DONE SAVRANSKY!!!!!
:bounce:

tobi
Sep 11th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Yeffi won :banana: :kiss: :yeah: :worship:

And look how she did...

(8)Yevgenia Savransky d. (7)Adriana Barna 26 75 61

Yeffi was 62 50 40-15 down (2 Championship Point)

She won 7 games in a row to take the set 75

And Overall Despite the rain delay from 26 05 won 13 of the next 14 games :eek:

Thats Smashnova type comeback (was 60 51 down against Zvonareva)

I am so happy for her,she will rocket through the rankings again.

Shonami Slam
Sep 14th, 2005, 09:46 AM
WOW!!!!
You have no Idea how bad i felt that i couldn't get an update till today regarding Savransky - i still don't have internet Access up in the north and so only my hikes back here allow me any tennis info whatsoever.
but enough about me! Yeffi is a Champion, joining the likes of Smashnova, Obziler and Shahar Peer just last year to win a 25K tourny.
her ranking is going to boost, her confidence will probably be great, her yearly earnings will also jump some and we can definetly start talking about top200 stuff from her. actually, TBE's rankings see's her move all the way up to 221 :eek: :hearts: :banana:
that means direct entry into Slams, that means WTAtour Qualies (with some luck and correct schedualing). that means 100 spots in less than 6 months.
It's too bad she's not playing this week - but for now i'm more than happy, it's really the most important achiement in her career and she's got so much more than i imagined when i thought about starting a thread for her.
well done savransky! we love you yeffi :)

Makkabi
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Mazal Tov Yeffi! :)

Makkabi
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Yeffi's ranked is 258? :?:

JPhurst
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:02 PM
221 will not get you direct entry into slams. It will get you into the qualifying rounds.

Interestingly, Yeffi seems to be playing mostly on clay courts. Will she be a baseliner?

Meteor Shower
Sep 14th, 2005, 06:46 PM
221 will not get you direct entry into slams. It will get you into the qualifying rounds.

Interestingly, Yeffi seems to be playing mostly on clay courts. Will she be a baseliner?

yes I noticed that too,
guess because she lives in france she trains mostly on clay courts, and she must play at turnaments on France, so they are all clay.

hope this win will give her the financial support she needs to travel outside of France.
congrats yeffi!

Shonami Slam
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:24 AM

For me - Participating in slams, qualiies OR main draw, singles or doubles - is the best achievment you can get to in the sport, that's why i say direct entry - it's all the same for me. it's playing the best. but yes, she will "only" get into quallies.

actually, prior to this year her moist succesful surface was hard. her win loss record on clay has tremendously boosted and i guess she learned the art of it - i'd be more than happy to have a replacement for Smashnova when she retires.
and she's a baseliner for sure - from both what's said in her profile and what people told me about her when they saw her.

Shonami Slam
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:26 AM
yes I noticed that too,
guess because she lives in france she trains mostly on clay courts, and she must play at turnaments on France, so they are all clay.

hope this win will give her the financial support she needs to travel outside of France.
congrats yeffi!

She's travelling a little - it's the reguler ITF schedualing in a way - alot of europe, some east block europe and a little USA.
usually it's the higher ranked girls (reguler MD 50K-75Kers) that do the cross atlantic crossing much more.

Shonami Slam
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:24 PM
Delighted to inform Savransky reaches an astonishing career high of 222 as doubles drops abit to 232.
These are amazing times for lil' Yeffi. WTAtour better watch out! :bounce:
seems like she withdrew from a 50K in Italy but i'm REALLY tired and so i still need to do some checking.
for the meanwhile we wait for further results.

tobi
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Yeffi's Schedule

Week of 26th September

Wont Play that week (Withdrew from $50K Biella)

Week of 3th October

1st Choice: $25.000 Nantes (Withdrew few days ago)
2nd Choice: $75.000 Barcelona (Surely be in main draw If she play,still on the list)

Week of 10th October

1st Choice: $50.000 Joue-Les-Tours (17th in Quali list)

Gil :wavey:

How are you? we couldnt speak for a long time,hope everything is ok :kiss:

Makkabi
Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Cool...

alon222
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Yeffi's Schedule

Week of 26th September

Wont Play that week (Withdrew from $50K Biella)

Week of 3th October

1st Choice: $25.000 Nantes (Withdrew few days ago)
2nd Choice: $75.000 Barcelona (Surely be in main draw If she play,still on the list)

Week of 10th October

1st Choice: $50.000 Joue-Les-Tours (17th in Quali list)

How are you? we couldnt speak for a long time,hope everything is ok :kiss:

yeffi is in a tier3 in luxemborg qulli

PASTIKOVA Michaela (CZE)
BLACK Cara (ZIM)

PHILIPPE Lynn (LUX)
KLEPAC Andreja (SLO)

SAVRANSKY Yevgenia (ISR)
WOERLE Kathrin (GER) 162 ranking

KRSTAJIC Danica (SCO)
TU Meilen (USA)

Shonami Slam
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Well, there was a really good reason why dear Yeffi decided to withdraw from the 50K tourny she was supposed to play in Italy...
She's playing the Fortis Championships in Luxembourg instead!!! that's WTAtour guys!
:banana: :bounce:
Savransky starting to fullfill the dream of every young tennis player in the world, and that is to play with the best of the best!
She plays Kathrin Koerle of Germany, ranked 162 in the world, and coming into this match she will be taking a very important advantage - the pair have actually met already - better yet, it was Savransky who had the upper hand in Saulgau 2003 where she won a thriller 6-3 5-7 7-5 upsetting woerle who was then ranked 330 in the world on clay. the pair are both 21 already, born two days apart and both on a current career high. Woerle's year best results were reaching a pair of 25K finals - Yeffi of course won 2 titles and added another final, as well as winning a singles title. Woerle didn't have a great singles year, but she did always play her best in the slam quallies, rewarding her with alot of points from there (65 of her 205 points are from the slams!) as well as some solid results in the 75K tournies. at the moment i'd say the basic difference between the two is that exact margin - while Savransky had some very nice results in the 25K tournies, KAthrin explored the higher ranked tournies much more resulting with crucial experience with the better girls.
but if Savransky can bring her recent form to this match, add in her mental edge due to that former win over Woerle and continue her 5 match winning streak, she can definatly post her debut wtatour win, a win that will help her jump into the top200 and get a chance to play another round with the big girls.
please win yeffi, best of luck, you can do it!

tobi
Sep 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
I cant know the entries of "wta" events,just talking about "Itf" events Alon.

I know I think bit more than you about Kathrin ;) ,she is I have to say not better than our Yeffi,but she is dangerous,she is improving hugely for last 2 years,as same as our Yeffi,has a good doubles skills and can be dangerous,but I think you missed more important point.Kathrin is really good on indoors,what about Yeffi? I dont know about that.

Best of luck to Yeffi,but I wont be too sad If she lost,I also like Kathrin :D

But want Yeffi win more ;)

tobi
Sep 24th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Kathrin Wöerle d. Yevgenia Savransky 61 63 :sobbing:

I think the reason for lost is combination of inexperience and lack of match practice at indoor courts

There is nothing to be sad,still long way to go,she will achieve more and more,thats ok ;) ,Kathrin isnt an easy player,has much more experince at grand slams and wta events and on indoor courts ;)

Shonami Slam
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:08 PM
tough loss :sad:
still - an important week, she played a pretty unknwn surface for her and she did well to keep the second set tighter - I hope third time proves lucky for her.

tobi
Sep 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Yeffi will play in $75.000 Barceolona next week,she will be in main draw in time...

Gil will be happy :hug:

Shonami Slam
Sep 27th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Gil sure is happy hon :)
good luck to her! rip the draw apart yeffi!

tobi
Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
Yeffi In Barcelona

Yevgenia Savransky v Ivana Abramovic

Good Luck Yeffi :D

Her Section

(1)Pous-Tio v Bohmova
Kuti Kis v Q

Savransky v Abramovic
(5)Cervanova v Priachin

Shonami Slam
Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
got oppurtunity - it's clay where yeffi seriously improved this year, and it's a first round against an unseeded player.
good luck yeffi! please win!

tobi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Yevgenia Savransky d. Ivana Abramovic 26 64 61 :woohoo: :yeah: :kiss:

With that 1st round win she gained 10 points,and she is in 216th position on Eggy's ranking.

She now will play winner of Cervanova v Priachin,that will be also winnable match...

Doubles-1st Round

Kuti Kis/Savransky v (3)Dominguez Lino/Sanchez Lorenzo

Makkabi
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:24 PM

Shonami Slam
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:52 PM
YEAH! i'm so happy! playing 75Ks is so much more immediate for the ranking purposes, and with another round she can really clinch a bite at top200. I'm hoping she plays the big ITFs coming up (50K in nantes next week, for instace) and gets up there, because that would mean a tremendous 6 months.
Cervanova isn't what she used to be - even on clay. it's winnable, but the win would still be huge. i'm hoping for a 75K QF SO much. this really started my new year with a bang.
in doubles play - i wouldn't be surprised if yeffi/kuti kis lose, and it's ok by me - they play a very nice pair and they don't know each other enough or match together well like with ostrovskaya. still - the cash is good i suppose :)
good luck honey!

Shonami Slam
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:59 AM
this was originally Posted by spiceboy regarding savransky's play:
Savransky is a good player though she tends to miss quite a lot when the rally gets longer. Her best shot IMO is her double-handed backhand wich is very powerful and after a first set when she started 0/4 making too many mistakes she could recover just in time in the second and finally win the 3rd in style. Once she focuses she's very consistent although I must say Ivana helped her with too many easy mistakes in the final set.

seems as though it took her some time to get focused - and it was a near escape. i hope she starts off better for the second round.

Meteor Shower
Oct 4th, 2005, 07:47 PM
good comeback win. keep it up yeffi :)

Shonami Slam
Oct 5th, 2005, 10:43 PM
and it's over for this week sadly :(
ludmilla taking yeffi out easily and sends her packing to next week nantes.

tobi
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:51 PM
:sobbing:

But one win in $75K is still great.

Yeah,she isnt that great but even type of players like Cervanova is new to Yevgenia,and Ludmila reached wta finals on clay before,so thats ok ;)

Next week it is Joue-Les Tours $50K

tobi
Oct 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
$50K Joue-Les-Tours

Yevgenia Savransky v Lioudmila Skavronskaia

Thats not the best of draw I am afraid.Lioudmila won her last 2 French Tournements,few weeks ago with winning $75K Denain and Finalist in $75K Bordeaux :unsure:

Lost in the 1st round of $50K Batumi,her last tournement.

She is very very tall (1m.85cm at least),has a huge serve but bit hit and miss I think.Her ranking is 168 now.

On her winning streak she beat players like Kurhajcova,Gagliardi,Bohmova,Parra,Santangelo,Obzi ler,Ani,Kloesel Nearly all are top 150 players :unsure:

And thats on indoor hard court,will suit the Russian I think...

I wont be happy If she can get pass her really...

They havent met before.

Good Luck :kiss:,try your best ;)

Shonami Slam
Oct 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM
again - experience will be the factor more than actual winning chances. I'll be extremelly suprised if she wins - Liodmilla has been playing amazing tennis lately and is much stronger than yeffi.
still - a win here is worth gold.

tobi
Oct 11th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Yevgenia Savransky d. Lioudmila Skavronskaia 76(13) Ret. :eek:

Lioudmila had 3 set points,Yeffi had 8 :eek:

She will play either Cohen Aloro or Vrljic,also very winneable ;)

Makkabi
Oct 11th, 2005, 01:57 PM
:bounce:!

Shonami Slam
Oct 11th, 2005, 02:13 PM
are you sure she WON the set? i thought she lost it but liodmila couldn't continue playing.
it's good for yeffi's rankings and experience but i must admit the retirement bothers me alot - skavronskaia was playing some terrific tennis and I hope she'll come back strong for next year.
as for yeffi - let's hope she makes the best out of this, it's worth alot of bonus points and her next round is going to be tricky again. Cohen-aloro is no pushover and she can generate alot of pace. i don't know anything regardin Vrljic so...we'll see.
good luck hon!

tobi
Oct 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
are you sure she WON the set? i thought she lost it but liodmila couldn't continue playing.
it's good for yeffi's rankings and experience but i must admit the retirement bothers me alot - skavronskaia was playing some terrific tennis and I hope she'll come back strong for next year.
as for yeffi - let's hope she makes the best out of this, it's worth alot of bonus points and her next round is going to be tricky again. Cohen-aloro is no pushover and she can generate alot of pace. i don't know anything regardin Vrljic so...we'll see.
good luck hon!
She won the set,look carefully ;)

Yes I am said for Lioudmila but maybe it isnt that serious.I dont know anything offical or I have nothing against Liodmila but after very long tight set and tiebreak,maybe she just gave up,who knows,thats Itf Tour,things like that can happen everyday.

Hope nothing serious too,I like her too.

Good Luck Yeffi on thursday ;) maybe tomorrow ;)

tobi
Oct 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Yeffi withdrew from her match against Cohen Aloro,she will due to play tomorrow but withdrew today :unsure:

Dont know why,hope nothing serious :hug:

Makkabi
Oct 13th, 2005, 01:45 PM
^ Maybe coz of Yom Kippur!?

Makkabi
Oct 13th, 2005, 01:48 PM
The name "Yom Kippur" means "Day of Atonement," and that pretty much explains what the holiday is. It is a day set aside to "afflict the soul," to atone for the sins of the past year.

Yom Kippur is a complete Sabbath; no work can be performed on that day. It is well-known that you are supposed to refrain from eating and drinking (even water) on Yom Kippur. It is a complete, 25-hour fast beginning before sunset on the evening before Yom Kippur and ending after nightfall on the day of Yom Kippur.

Shonami Slam
Oct 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
i was thinking the same - and hopefully that's what happened.
as opposed to Peer - Savransky's demands aren't strong enough to change the scheduale for her, i assume.
crush em' up next week love!

JPhurst
Oct 18th, 2005, 05:21 PM
If she was observing Yom Kippur, she would not have signed up for a tournament at all that week.

Virtually all of the name Israeli players, men and women, were in action last week. I doubt that any of them were observing.

Shonami Slam
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:46 PM
well, it seems she really is injured as she withdrew from play in this weeks St. Rapheal 50K in france, and it might be the rest of the season off now.
her singles rank is at a career high 218 but will fall off next week as she isn't defending som epoints from last year.
her doubles rank fell to 238.
thinking of next year - this will mean she'll get into the aussie open quallies for sure due to her rank. we have the off-season and after that she'll still be in the top250 which should be enough.
a shame she couldn't fix up the double rank, because i doubt this one will help her get in, even with ostrovskaya (and i hope they resume playing together sometime) but still - 2005 was gigantic.
i'm hoping she maybe plays a tourny or so so she can butch up some more points, but surely evryone is loking for next year.

tobi
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I think these results and rankings are more than we expect at the start of this year ;)

Hope she can rest well and start 2005 strongly at Aussie Open :devil:

tobi
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:42 PM
She isnt injured ;)

She will play Tier 3 Hasselt,Belgium quali.

She will play #5 seed Kaia Kanepi.

Not the best draw but It is ok.

Good Luck :hug:

tobi
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Yeffi lost 64 62 :sobbing: :sad: :(

Makkabi
Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:58 PM
:(

Shonami Slam
Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:32 PM
well, we can conclude yeffi's 05 on the wtatour as unsuccesful, but she gained some experience, played some of the best and got a chance to feel what's it like to be a pro.
come back strong for next year babe!

Shonami Slam
Nov 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM
yeffi starting the off season aggressivly - as suspected she's upgrading her tournies from last year into higher ITFs.
so it beggins in a 50K Deauville, France where she's in the Quali rounds low down the ranks (meaning the matches will be against higher ranked girls) and then a 75K in poirters where she's only 13th in the alternate list (to remind you - in off season alot of top players will NOT withdraw and surely - most girls above her have this tourny as a first priority).
so it's risky, but as always it will be worth it if she qualifies and wins even one round.

2006 will be a key year in Savransky's career. does she have what it takes to push into the WTA tour? can she win matches against top100 players? can she improve her game and tactics, improving her mental strength and mind out on court?
we'll see. hopefully, her journey begins here.
this is my last post for savransky 2005 thread - I'll be opening a new thread titled "savransky 2006" when she begins her qualification action.
it was a good idea to open the thread last year - alot of people now support yeffi thanks to the spotlight she was given via our suuport in the challenger forums. i'm hoping next year will boost her even more
best of luck yeffi.

tobi
Nov 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Good Idea Gil :D :hug:

That thread and your attention to her make her fan for example :angel: ;)

tobi
Nov 12th, 2005, 06:18 PM
$50K Deauville

(4)Stephanie Cohen Aloro v Yevgenia Savransky

Tough draw but you can do it sweetie :kiss: :hug:

Makkabi
Nov 26th, 2005, 04:48 PM
^^ so who win the match?