PDA

View Full Version : How many years...

Alenyaa
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:05 PM
do you think Lena still has ahead of her in her tenniscareer?

She's 23 now, still young of course, but I wonder how much longer she sees herself playing in the circuit. I doubt that tennis is all she wants to do with her life, so maybe she'll have retired within 5 years from now... She'l be as 'old' as Davenport is now by then. Not unrealistic, is it?

Dementinator
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I would say around 5 years she said she wants to play 2008 Olympics and do well there.
She could go on till shes 30 or so but i think realisticaly 28 or 29 and she may decide to retire.
I think we have quite a few years here on SS Dementieva to serve ,so lets enjoy them.
Her goal is numbe rone player and a GS or two ,so I see her going nowhere untill that has been achieved.

Chunchun
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:04 AM
sad at that time :sad:

Stephieva
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Lena said she would retire early...
she even said she would have done it if she had won FO last yr...:o
I think Lena will play till she's satisfied or she loses interest in tennis..
Dunno how many yrs...but playing till next 5 yrs makes sense to me..:)

Prizeidiot
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:48 AM
5 is a good number.... 28 years is a good point to finish. It would be before she declines physically, so she could end her career near the peak of her abilities. It's also enough time to have many acomplishments, and be happy with what she has done.

stefan_jonas
Feb 10th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I don't know, most football players reach their peak at around 27,28,29. I think she will retire when she thinks she has achieved all she can achieve - which is winning all 4 grand slams 3 years in a row 8)

Paco
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Well, I think Lena will retire when she loses interst in tennis.

Alenyaa
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:45 PM
5 is a realistic number indeed. It won't be a happy day in my life though when the day has finnaly arrived...

Paco
Feb 10th, 2005, 07:27 PM
5 is a realistic number indeed. It won't be a happy day in my life though when the day has finnaly arrived...

Yes, it won't be a happy day

miffedmax
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I don't want to think about it. I follow tennis and always have, but players I feel truly passionate about are few and far between.

Although I feel sorry for the next generation of tennis players, knowing we'll still be coming back here for years to come and comparing them to Lena. (Oh yes, her forehand's nearly as good, but she's no where near as cute . . . a better serve, but Lena was so much sweeter . . . you get the idea).

Dementinator
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I don't want to think about it. I follow tennis and always have, but players I feel truly passionate about are few and far between.

Although I feel sorry for the next generation of tennis players, knowing we'll still be coming back here for years to come and comparing them to Lena. (Oh yes, her forehand's nearly as good, but she's no where near as cute . . . a better serve, but Lena was so much sweeter . . . you get the idea).

Max!! I know just what u mean!! I have followed WTA for many years also but there have only been a few players I have been passionate about also ,Gabby Sabby being one of them, Gigi Fernandez another in dubz (does anyone remember her??) ,but Lenas different ,I have never quite been so invloved with another player before ,I am sure shes gonna be around for a while yet ,and when we all signed up for a tour of duty aboard the SS Dementieva ,its was always gonna be a long one!!
I and my crew will remain on the Bridge for many years to come, and we all have our jobs to do ,so lets enjoy it!!

Elena2005
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=me♥LenaD]Lena said she would retire early...
she even said she would have done it if she had won FO last yr...:o
QUOTE]

Thank God Nasty won :tape: :tape: :tape:
Hopefully when she has won @ least 3 grand slams.

Dementinator
Feb 11th, 2005, 09:48 AM
yes , it seems the loss at RG may have been a blessing in disguise!!

Helas
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I'd say 5 to 6 years I can't see her playing beyond thirty.

Alenyaa
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I and my crew will remain on the Bridge for many years to come, and we all have our jobs to do ,so lets enjoy it!!

Indeed captain! True words spoken there! :fiery:

Paco
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
yes , it seems the loss at RG may have been a blessing in disguise!!

Thanks Nastya :worship:

katiektc
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I dont think she will continue for as long as 5 years...:sad:
She has to work so hard everyday at tennis,and hates the spotlight associated with it.

She might only play for a couple more years,but could go on for 10 if she really wanted!
Then she will become Dr. Dementieva ;)

mostefan
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Although I feel sorry for the next generation of tennis players, knowing we'll still be coming back here for years to come and comparing them to Lena. (Oh yes, her forehand's nearly as good, but she's no where near as cute . . . a better serve, but Lena was so much sweeter . . . you get the idea).What touching words, Max, really! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks Capt for sharing the feelings :hatoff:
I used to think it's just me so sentimental :o:rolleyes:

stefan_jonas
Feb 12th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Or maybe she can come back on tour to play doubles when she's 40 like Navratilova