PDA

View Full Version : When Lindsay retires....

bis2806
Feb 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM
... I don't think i'll linger anymore on this board....:sad: tennis will be different without her - it's unexplainable

Kelly
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM
it will be sad but it would be nice if we could keep the clan going and reminise about the good times...chat about the tour etc.

abbygael
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to find someone worth rooting for incase Lindsay retires.

My candidates are:
Kim Clijsters
Maria Sharapova
Alicia Molik

Kelly
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:13 PM
ill probally follow molik and clijsters. and j-cap till she departs.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:41 PM
It'll be really hard. There will only be 3 top Americans left, and we don't know how much longer Jennifer will be playing :sad: Plus, Lindsay is the sweetest person on the tour. She keeps the tour sane, what will we and the other players do without her??? :sad:

Andrew.
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Bovina is my cheap version of Lindsay. I love her.

Elldee
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I like Mary Pierce... but she's 30! I'm just going to enjoy the year and then I'll probably just watch the slams... I love Lindsay because she never, at least rarely, loses to those she isn't ment to [other than schaul or on clay in general] and gets deep into tournements.

thelittlestelf
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Well obviously when Lindsay retires I'll be cheering for Venus, but the tour will be totally different :sad:.

I won't be sad about it now, though, she's still got a lot more tournaments to play and a lot more titles to win!

Andrew.
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Maria Mania will take over the WTA, and tennis will die.

Ty-Ty
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:16 AM
When Lindsay retires _________________________. I haven't figured out what to do yet. :sad:

Jelena (Jankovic, not Dokic) will demoish Maria and make her cry. :devil:

Andrew.
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:35 AM
I'm counting on Sharapova blowing out her shoulder or something. As it is she's playing too much under AER, and you know once that runs out she'll play everything under the sun. So, injury soon.

Ty-Ty
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:50 AM
When you said that, I had a vivid image in my head picturing Maria's shoulder flying off her body. Hehehe. No, I'm not that evil. :)...... :devil:

If Maria injures herself, it will most likely because she triped over her own feet or some freak accident. Or runs into a net post (poor Blake) because she was to busy trying to break our eardrums with her howl like trying to get a measly drop shot or something.

I've been especially hostile to Maria today. I wonder why.

John.
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:57 AM
I will miss Lindsay big time when she retires. Don't know who I will support.

Lindsayfan
Feb 9th, 2005, 10:58 AM
i will simply stop following women's tennis. no one else deserves my love in WTA :angel:

Loughyunijen
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
There's no replacement for lindsay........but I do like clijsters game alot!

foreva lindsay
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:25 PM
i agree...no one can replace lindsay

the tours gonna be so boring! i guess i'l support my brit elena (i hope she gets into the top 100 soon :sad: )

Golinds
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Wen lindsay retires i shall stop following the womens tour. no one in the world can replace lindsay :sad:

lindsayno1
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:53 PM
i cant relate to anyone else like the way i do to lindsay, therefore it wont be the same. i wont be as ''into'' the sport anymore. il still follow it though. im starting to really like molik actually. i DID like Sprem, but shes just a "player" now - noone special.

jacs
Feb 10th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Ugh, I hate thinking about this...